"Christians don't know what they believe." - until they are brainwashed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why bang the same old drum; the sound of others being wrong and I have the right path. Whether that is true or not is beside the point.....the point being, this approach does nothing to qualify what is true, to validate your view or to bring glory to God.
And your reply does not bang your drum? Does it validate your view and being glory to God?
Do you see many posts saying "I know I am wrong about this, and I'd like someone to teach me?"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And your reply does not bang your drum? Does it validate your view and being glory to God?
Do you see many posts saying "I know I am wrong about this, and I'd like someone to teach me?"
Self appointed chiefs abound and glory hunters a dime a dozen!.....who needs that?

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self appointed chiefs abound and glory hunters a dime a dozen!.....who needs that?
And some present scriptures as written before they were massaged into supporting their pet doctrines in hope that others would search for understanding without their favorite study-bible and use the tools available to us today - praying that God will give understanding. Unless we open our minds to God's thoughts and push our man's, it may not happen.
My convictions may not match yours, but I am responsible for me.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. We rarely see that.
Correct me if I am wrong. - LOL

/

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And some present scriptures as written before they were massaged into supporting their pet doctrines in hope that others would search for understanding without their favorite study-bible and use the tools available to us today - praying that God will give understanding. Unless we open our minds to God's thoughts and push our man's, it may not happen.
My convictions may not match yours, but I am responsible for me.
God's thoughts are revealed in the revelation of Jesus. Mans thoughts are revealed by distracting from God's thoughts and supplanting them with his own (self orientation)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's thoughts are revealed in the revelation of Jesus. Mans thoughts are revealed by distracting from God's thoughts and supplanting them with his own (self orientation)
Sometimes my hope is that Christ in me with what has been revealed interests others to consider Yahavah. Some of my thoughts could be wrong and sometimes I could misrepresented something, but those things people need to forget about. All the while testing all things and holding fast to the things which are good and of the spirit. That is something we all must learn to do, even against what anyone else has ever told us, be it grandma or grandpa. A willingly mind is one which is willingly to learn, reading scripture over and over in nonworship, learns a great deal. In study a dig, which tremendous weight is awaiting one’s hands, is weary to the flesh, but is overcame through endurance and patience, and thus continues to feed one’s soul, mind, and heart in the things of God and not so much of this world though we must continue to care for our neighbors around us, in the spirit to be able to once again share Gods glory to others (by faith of God working through us which produces love - which is seen as weak.), and give praise to him rather than to one’s own self.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have shot yourself in the foot ElieG by assuming your view is not an opinion. If you feel you have something of value to share why not tell us of Jehovah, the one you say you are a witness to.
My "view" may be an opinion, but also yours.

Every Christian must be taught by mature Christians before becoming a preacher. That is the normal procedure that Jesus taught and that the first century congregation followed.

The so-called Christians without religion are those who believe that they are special, as if they were messiahs. Obviously, those individuals are wrong.

It goes without saying that everything in life is learned from someone else.

Governments are responsible for public education, so they include as study material what suits their policy. The history of humanity is not studied from the same perspective in all countries; For example, in Cuba the economy has a different perspective from the capitalist market economy, and history is studied from a Marxist point of view.

Parents educate their children according to what they understand... and sometimes they are not even part of their education. Israelites and Christians educate their children in biblical teaching, and when they are adults they can decide which path to follow.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My "view" may be an opinion, but also yours.

Every Christian must be taught by mature Christians before becoming a preacher. That is the normal procedure that Jesus taught and that the first century congregation followed.

The so-called Christians without religion are those who believe that they are special, as if they were messiahs. Obviously, those individuals are wrong.

It goes without saying that everything in life is learned from someone else.

Governments are responsible for public education, so they include as study material what suits their policy. The history of humanity is not studied from the same perspective in all countries; For example, in Cuba the economy has a different perspective from the capitalist market economy, and history is studied from a Marxist point of view.

Parents educate their children according to what they understand... and sometimes they are not even part of their education. Israelites and Christians educate their children in biblical teaching, and when they are adults they can decide which path to follow.
Is this rant your witness to Jehovah?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I listened to "man's thoughts" as if they were the absolute truth until I discovered that they were not. Then, I turned to myself and various versions of the bible to determine "truth." While that helped somewhat, I didn't have convictions regarding "what God hath said" until I prayed that He would. On a couple issues, I received conviction that, although they made me uncomfortable because of peer pressure and friends that then distanced themselves, I prayed the Yahweh would take aware so I can be comfortable again. Short story is that He left me with them.

It is NOT easy to see scriptures in a manner different from what the majority opinion says is true. Depending on a person's social needs, it can be very upsetting for a while. I still seek the views of others to consider, but nothing becomes true until God shows me that it is true. Man has had thousands of years to manipulate words in what we call "the Bible." It takes a sincere effort and an open mind to allow God to be my teacher.

In case I am not being understood here, I have only a few of those God-given convictions, but they are large ones.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is NOT easy to see scriptures in a manner different from what the majority opinion says is true. Depending on a person's social needs, it can be very upsetting for a while.
I can empathize.
Seems to help if you don't gauge your value based on the opinions of others.
And if you give in to the majority opinion you still won't feel better about yourself.

/

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Spyder
I think we all want to be understood Spyder, how much more God. His maligning by the Prince of Darkness and wicked men appears to have no end, yet in spite of this ongoing wickedness he has gloriously conquered in the slaughtered lamb...the lamb in the middle of the Throne (Rev.5:6).......and it is through this that we are to understand God.

He conquered by giving his life even by being brutalised without resisting. Here is the heart of God revealed. If it was just dying he could have died in Gethsemane and be done with it but no, the events surrounding Calvary where Jesus was tortured to the limits of endurance was the public spectacle into the heart of God; this is where character is revealed......this, is what he wants us to understand.....and his responses from go to woe displayed to us and the whole intelligent Universe the truth of his character.

Last edited: