Church refugees

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A stand alone church without association with other churches begs the question, how many churches is Jesus the head of?
perhaps it would best be stated as , a church who wont compromise with sold out denominations of men gone wrong .
AND that church IS THE CHURCH of JESUS CHRIST .
cause lambs wont sit under wambs .
Wamb . a wolf desguised as a lamb . its doctrine will and can contain partial truths and yet it will use
truths out of text to support its own lie or lies .

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't understand your question...there is only one "church".
Does that help?

Yes, that helps.

Presumably the stand alone church without association with other churches is that one church that Jesus is the head of.

What then are the other churches? Are you able to identify them by name? (I’m not asking you to do so.) Who is the head of them?

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that helps.

Presumably the stand alone church without association with other churches is that one church that Jesus is the head of.

What then are the other churches? Are you able to identify them by name? (I’m not asking you to do so.) Who is the head of them?
The "church" was established by Christ and immediately distinguished them by their conviction and righteous devotion. He gave only one...the philadelphia church...the credit of having a little faith. Thereby dedicating that church as His church over all others. So the church is any church that sticks to God's word. He said I will save you from ...... the hour that shall come over all the earth..... (tribulation}.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The "church" was established by Christ and immediately distinguished them by their conviction and righteous devotion. He gave only one...the philadelphia church...with credit of having a little faith. Thereby dedicating that church as His church over all others. So the church is any church that sticks to God's word.

So the dechurched then would be those who are leaving churches that are not the one church for the one church that sticks to God’s word?

Reactions: gpresdo

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 34869

An accurate or inadequate assessment?
I agree. People are coming out of denominations by droves. Believers are finding that the traditions of man have been a lie for centuries and the Bible does not support them.
I also hear from many is that it is the denominations are what stifles the Unity of the faith of all Christianity.
The creeds and the church confessions only limit God.
Please get God out of the box you've put Him in and see the kingdom of God shows up in your life

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 34869

An accurate or inadequate assessment?

That's a snippet from a much longer book. I can see how it might be true of some people, but it's probably not an accurate representation of everyone who walks away from organized religion. I don't like the word "dechurched." It assumes that "church" is something that happens within the four walls of a structure. The structure is simply the meeting place; the church consists of the people.

Reactions: Mr E