Church refugees

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 34869

An accurate or inadequate assessment?
I heard TD Jakes do a sermon that I don’t think anyone else could get away with.He explained about Onan, how he spilled his seed on the ground, what that meant and why God struck him dead. He went on to say that if you do all your works in the Church and none in the world that you’re just spilling your seed on the ground.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I heard TD Jakes do a sermon that I don’t think anyone else could get away with.He explained about Onan, how he spilled his seed on the ground, what that meant and why God struck him dead. He went on to say that if you do all your works in the Church and none in the world that you’re just spilling your seed on the ground.

I’ve heard quite a few sermons that no one should have gotten away with.

• Haha
Reactions: RLT63

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Accurate.
It is a real challenge to find a church which stays with God's word...regardless of Rev. 22 18-19 and two other books of the KJV 1611 edition of the Bible, which forbids altering God's word in any fashion.

Welcome to the forums.

The church is dead (or dying). Long live the dechurched?

Reactions: gpresdo

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accurate.
It is a real challenge to find a church which stays with God's word...regardless of Rev. 22 18-19 and two other books of the KJV 1611 edition of the Bible, which forbids altering God's word in any fashion.
Have to agree, and, Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *
↑ Totally Missing from all churches I attended :confused: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Reactions: gpresdo

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Are they going non-denominational or are they going it alone?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Around 20 years ago the United States Army used the recruiting slogan, “An Army of One”. I hadn’t thought about in in years, but it surfaced in my mind when I read the excerpt from Dr. Packard’s book.

The slogan was short-lived and replaced after five years or so. Something about “an army of one” doesn’t sound quite right to me. It sounds too individual. Maybe that’s why the Army went away from it.

Is an individual Christian designed (for lack of a better word) to be “an army of one”? To go it alone?

The body is composed of many members, Paul writes. A Christian going it alone is going it without other members of the body.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Christians serving God outside the Church” -> Christians deciding they don’t need the Church?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don’t want to unnecessarily step on any toes but what I’m about to say will probably find me stepping on toes. I think it needs to be said. Geronimo -

I’ve met a large number of Christian people in my travels around the world who have told me that they don’t need the church. They are the dechurched.

What, according to them, did they need? Three things:
(1) The KJV; and
(2) a Strong’s Concordance; and
(3) Jesus

Christians who don’t need the church, for whatever reason, are sheep who have gone astray, cut off from the body.

This brings to mind a parable.

1690569980365.jpeg

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dechurched term is barely defined. Mostly referring to the ...new age religion type...believing worship is not necessarily required.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Is there something wrong with the church? Or is there something wrong with the people who are refugees from the church? Is there a problem with both?

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there something wrong with the church? Or is there something wrong with the people who are refugees from the church? Is there a problem with both?
What I see with many churches/denominations is that they are re interpreting scriptures that is just not consistent with the written word.
Yes..... there are those who wish to see and will follow changes in interpretation to void having to live accordingly.
In God's words..."tickle my ears and tell me what I want to hear".

Small gatherings in participants homes, etc., are becoming commonplace with a different member {lay} presenting a study of God's word each meeting. I find that rewarding.

Last edited:

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 34869

Accurate, I would say.

People are awakening from the sleep Rome installed in the beginning of their "organized" religion,and instruction manual.And they're finding God because they dare to think and question what they have been told to take on blind faith alone.

Because today that church cannot put us to death for daring so.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 34869

I wonder if the greater numbers are people who never go to church, or people that used to go to church?

I do believe that there are a great number of people who leave the church for a variety of reasons... these I suppose you would call the 'dechurched.' Many leave, not because they find church stifling, bureaucratic or too structured, but because they find it inadequate, ineffective and hypocritical. They do not find it fosters meaningful relationships, good, accurate or relevant teachings-- rather it's little more than an appeal for their hard-earned dollars and requires them to suspend their logic and common sense in order to 'go along-- to get along' as far as doctrines and dogma are concerned.

It simply doesn't foster a real relationship with Christ. This, it's exchanged for "ministry."

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Dechurched -> the Protestant Reformation

Dechurched -> the Radical Reformation

Dechurched -> the reformation of reformations?