• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think church is necessary for spiritual growth and evangelism?

• Total voters

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is church?
Should you go?
Why?
What if it's just awful?
What if the Pastor/Preacher says something heretical?
What if I don't feel blessed after going to church?

Etc., etc., etc.?

Please, pretty please with a cherry on top...
No debate

Thank you
thumbsup.gif

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is church

The body of faithful believers who worship God in Spirit and in truth. The building they assemble into becomes so by their presence.

Should you go?

To a church that is a pillar and ground of the truth, yes.

To edify one another.

What if it's just awful?

Don’t go. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

If he will not be corrected out of the pure word of God, don’t go to his assembly anymore.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of faithful believers who worship God in Spirit and in truth. The building they assemble into becomes so by their presence.

To a church that is a pillar and ground of the truth, yes.

To edify one another.

Don’t go. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

If he will not be corrected out of the pure word of God, don’t go to his assembly anymore.
My friend has spoken truth . The leadership of many churches has long sold out the truth .
If the elders , leaders of A church are sold out , the church has no chance .
IF those leaders refuse to hear correction GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT and take as many with you as you can .
Todays mindset is just hug all and have unity . ITS why the LEAVEN has LUMPED the masses FULL now
and it will get only worse . COME YE OUT FROM AMONST the FLEECER of the sheeps
and BE YE HOLY and let the true lambs gather and learn Christ .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is church?
Should you go?
Why?
What if it's just awful?

Etc., etc., etc.?

No debate

Thank you
thumbsup.gif
As i said Barney the all inclusive UNITY has infected ALL denominations now .
I knew the false ones would go under it . WE SHOULD have both learned JUST that BIBLE for ourselves
and stuck to THAT PATTERN . But men do as men do and all will be decieved that were not written in the lambs book of life .
As for me , I CAME OUT from amonst them and i AINT GOING back , lest its to rescue lambs from THEIR CLUTCHES .

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is church?

Depends on the context of your question. The Body of Christ everywhere, a group of the Body in a particular area, a gathering of the Body at a particular location, the building they gather in...

Should you go?
Yes

Many reasons, but first of all to Keep the Feast!

What if it's just awful?

Am I there to be entertained? Or to offer worship and sacrifice to My Lord and My God!

Hmm.. Perhaps I should ask him to clairify his position.. Of course one could always report him to the Bishop.

Do what is right, and rejoice! as always..

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: BarneyFife

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is church?
Should you go?
Why?
What if it's just awful?

Etc., etc., etc.?

No debate

Thank you
thumbsup.gif
Church is a spiritual experience and always should be. I think people that are contentious probably would have more problems with a church than others. Finding fault in others, etc.

I go to church or watch online church and get a spiritual boost from the Holy Spirit. And I do it daily with online Mass. It's good to me and I know that the Lord wants me to do it. If I attend in person it's a much more spiritual experience. Watching it online is similar to reading the bible for a spiritual experience I suppose.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That right!
Too many gather under what makes them FEEL GOOD . They are led by the carnal lusts of their flesh .
They can even see dire and grave error , YET WONT LEAVE and wont correct . THEY JUST Like the way
the service makes them FEEL . I dont see the love for GOD in any of that , nor the love of the brethren .
CAUSE those who LOVE , WOULD correct and would warn folks to steer clear of any dangerous place or person .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No debate"??? You just opened up a venue for lots of debate. After all, according to billions of people, the Catholic Church is the only true church. And some will never be convinced otherwise.
Enoch you just opened the warn can my friend . Thank you for this reminder . Now a word
that i must say to all . GET OUT of the catholic church . I say this not to condemn but rather out of love to warn the souls .
SHE IS DEADLY DANGEROUS and sadly so are much of her protestant daughters as well .
HERE Is the church that is safe . DOES CHURCH TEACH , KEEP , AGREE TOO , BIBLE DOCTRINE . IF NOT . RUN LIKE HECK TO GET OUT .
For anyone can play great songs and praise . BUT IF THE DOCTRINE IS NOT BIBLICAL , GET OUT LEST YE DROWN IN DECEPTOIN .
ANd when leaders who lead wont receive correction , GET OUT and take as many with you as ya can . THAT MY FRIEND
we had better take to the end .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No debate"??? You just opened up a venue for lots of debate. After all, according to billions of people, the Catholic Church is the only true church. And some will never be convinced otherwise.
Not an order--just a plea. :)

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's up to the individual.

My mother never goes, she may watch it on tv every now and then.

I know several people in my life who rarely go to church.

All that is known is that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, and we are to believe on the One whom God sent, and love one another as He had commanded.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All that is known is that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, and we are to believe on the One whom God sent, and love one another as He had commanded.

Hello Matthew,

This is beautiful. But the Holy Spirit has not been idle for 2000 years.. I would suggest 'all that is known' is a little more than that.. ;)
Although that is a good starting point.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Matthew,

This is beautiful. But the Holy Spirit has not been idle for 2000 years.. I would suggest 'all that is known' is a little more than that.. ;)
Although that is a good starting point.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Hello Philip,

Thank you for your kind comment. It is all about showing the light of God to others, and learning about the word of God so that one can increase their faith in learning and growing being rooted in Christ. God has been working on the minds and hearts of individual believers who come to Him, in faith of the Lord Jesus Christ who, died, was buried, and resurrected.

Scripture reference:
2 Peter 1:5-15
New International Version

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Prophecy of Scripture
12 So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. 13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14 because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is church?
Should you go?
Why?
What if it's just awful?

Etc., etc., etc.?

No debate

Thank you
thumbsup.gif

No bout a doubt it my brother Heb 10:24,25