Churches set to reopen in the USA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aahhh. My Rainier, okay. Mmm Yellowstone. Yep, that's a biggie. Would love to visit there, but am aware of the potential. It's a good thing there are so many geysers and vents there else the pending eruption would be even greater. Is there any time table to Rainier? Didn't know it was a volcano.
I do not think there is a timetable, but it has been so long since it blew its top, I wonder how soon it will be.. my St Helens was the big one here, it not only destroyed A lot it also did some things that opened a lot of minds in the science world. Especially the formation of the mini Grand Canyon and the formation of petrified wood.

Reactions: Brakelite

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes

If one reads even the cup
And bread were given dying dinner. Not like it is done in traditional churches. Which is not found anywhere in the NT

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So either stand up for what you do believe or leave, but staying why should you join the mudslingers? Even if you were right on every point and they were are all wrong on every point, do you win brownie points by hitting them as they hit you? What does that accomplish for you with God?

Of course your right. By the way I don't want brownie points just brownies :D

Reactions: amadeus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far out bro, you got issues. I think the Catholics outnumber everyone else on this forum now... You shouldn't be feeling alone. Let me encourage you. Life isn't about what other people think of you... Second class, third class,,, whatever. It's all about what Jesus thinks of you. And let me tell you, He loves you to bits. So don't worry about what other people think... Search your conscience... Study scripture... And pray earnestly that your relationship with Jesus is as it should be and you'll be okay.

I'm not Catholic and not Protestant nor Evangelical, I am in between. :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not Catholic and not Protestant nor Evangelical, I am in between. :)
You practice what you call traditional Christianity and have a Bishop. That makes you Orthodox which is about as Catholic as one can get without being Catholic, or Mormon, which one could hardly call traditional. You are "in between". I used to be in between also at one time, but it got very uncomfortable straddling the fence...I had to choose to stand for something. So I protested. Pro being the operative pronoun which means for and on behalf of something. In my case, for the gospel of Jesus. This set me on a track that ended up opposing, protesting against anything that the Bible describes as anti the gospel or anti-christ. The Catholics on this forum do not like me.

R

Rita

It is quite the truth.
I guess it depends on what you and your Bishop defines as evangelical - perhaps that may help me to understand where you are coming from.
Evangelical, to me, means someone who preaches the Gospel.
What does it mean to you ?
Your Bishop is making a blanket judgment on anyone who doesn’t take communion in the way you or he does.
You are actually saying that God has not worked in the lives of anyone that testifies to having the Lord with them , through the Holy Spirit.
You can disbelieve me, but it’s actually the Lord himself you are challenging , the very persons presence you value so much when you are able to take part in the Eucharist - it’s Him and HiS work you are calling a lie.
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brakelite

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You practice what you call traditional Christianity and have a Bishop. That makes you Orthodox which is about as Catholic as one can get without being Catholic, or Mormon, which one could hardly call traditional. You are "in between". I used to be in between also at one time, but it got very uncomfortable straddling the fence...I had to choose to stand for something. So I protested. Pro being the operative pronoun which means for and on behalf of something. In my case, for the gospel of Jesus. This set me on a track that ended up opposing, protesting against anything that the Bible describes as anti the gospel or anti-christ. The Catholics on this forum do not like me.

I am not Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist. I am Charismatic Episcopal Church a three streams church. I stand for Traditional Christianity against evangelicalism which even though most of you deny it if your not in the named churches in my first sentence you (general you, not specific you) are evangelical weather you (general you, not specific you) like it or not.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to you ?

Anyone who is not in this sentence Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist, or Presbyterian. Basically most of you guys here

R

Rita

Anyone who is not in this sentence Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist, or Presbyterian. Basically most of you guys here
Seriously, that is how you are choosing to judge everyone.....
Rita

R

Rita

Correct. But the traditionalist churches have no interest in that.
I saw the list ....although I have worked alongside a pastor and his wife from a Methodist church and they were very evangelical. In fact the whole church was , it was small church - we use to work together on children’s outreach.
Rita

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Evangelical means sharing the Gospel, not preaching the Gospel but you hit the nail on the head those who splintered from Protestant groups took the term t mean preach the Gospel and like Enoch think they are quite superior because of that and accuses Traditional Churches of not preaching the Gospel because of inbuilt prejudice. Enoch is the epitome of the new meaning of Evangelical and as to your other post yes that is how I see it. I been attacked so much for being a Traditional Christian that it really has become no different the BLM and Antfia destroying business it is all part of an agenda and frankly I am sick of it and I will not apologze nor be made to feel guilty for my views. I am done in this thread