Churches set to reopen in the USA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We haven't got big mountains like u guys. Do u ski or snowboard?
I alpine ski, at an average level. Yes, in Canada we do have Tremblant (QC), Mont St. Anne (QC), Whistler (BC), Banff (AB), etc... In Ontario, where I from, Blue Mtn. is the biggest at Top Elevation 450m. Very, very small in comparison.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting, I had no idea. But, since even Lebanon does, I wasn't discounting it either.
Thanks for that!
Welcome lol. My days for skiing are long gone, even my first sporting passion surfing, is now I'm the distant past... Although I will never discount a Resurrection of sorts.i use to ski back in New Zealand... Mount Taranaki.. a place with quite steep slopes and the freakiest access around a valley following a 2 foot wide ledge and a 200 ft drop off.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome lol. My days for skiing are long gone, even my first sporting passion surfing, is now I'm the distant past... Although I will never discount a Resurrection of sorts.i use to ski back in New Zealand... Mount Taranaki.. a place with quite steep slopes and the freakiest access around a valley following a 2 foot wide ledge and a 200 ft drop off.
Cool, a bit of an extreme sport enthusiast, ...no, I mostly just stuck to more conventional activities - hockey, baseball, soccer.
...Mount Taranaki, wow, my heart just dropped. Like I told Cristo Rei, I'm an average skiier and avoid at any cost, moguls, drops, ice, catching air, narrow runs, crowds and trees.
Hope a resurrection for you may occur...!

Reactions: Brakelite

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad Churches are set to reopen and glad that 3000 Churches are defying our Satanic Governor in California and going to reopen for Pentecost Sunday. If my Church didn't reopen a month ago I would have either committed suicide or been committed to an insane asylum.

All this back and forth you all do how much do you think about other peoples health? You see many want all lock down all the time but no one of those considers the real cost to mental and physical health. Many of you hear don't understand the value of the Sacraments but those for of us whom do that going without is no different than losing a limb. Thank the Lord I receive the Holy Eucharist again but I am still very fragile emotionally and mentally from this cessation of our God given rights, it will take a long time for me to heal.

R

Rita

You could have used it as a wilderness experience , drew closer to the Lord yourself, instead of needing others to do it for you ..........
Seriously , what has your faith achieved in your life if you feel this way only after a month of not going to church !
Ever thought that God may have been trying to get your attention and use a bad situation to draw you near.
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You could have used it as a wilderness experience , drew closer to the Lord yourself, instead of needing others to do it for you ..........
Seriously , what has your faith achieved in your life if you feel this way only after a month of not going to church !
Ever thought that God may have been trying to get your attention and use a bad situation to draw you near.
Rita
@Rita In Acts 2.42 'continued steadfastly' is an operative term, isn't it?

Reactions: Rita

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am glad Churches are set to reopen and glad that 3000 Churches are defying our Satanic Governor in California and going to reopen for Pentecost Sunday. If my Church didn't reopen a month ago I would have either committed suicide or been committed to an insane asylum.

All this back and forth you all do how much do you think about other peoples health? You see many want all lock down all the time but no one of those considers the real cost to mental and physical health. Many of you hear don't understand the value of the Sacraments but those for of us whom do that going without is no different than losing a limb. Thank the Lord I receive the Holy Eucharist again but I am still very fragile emotionally and mentally from this cessation of our God given rights, it will take a long time for me to heal.
If your well being, spiritual health, and mental health is dependant upon what the church calls sacraments, and your faith is rooted and grounded in them, then forgive me if this sounds offensive, but I suggest your faith is misplaced. Jesus is a living loving personal Being Who does not depends on rituals in order to be present with His people. While I also miss the fellowship of my brothers and sisters in Christ ( I missed more the fellowship of my family) none of what transpired over the last 4 months or so affected in the slightest in any negative way my fellowship with Jesus. In fact, knowing even more so now that the time for this tired Earth is running shorter than previously thought, I spent more time in the presence of my Savior than ever.
So while I understand your consternation and heartache... It is in reality needless. The same Savior Who you believe is only found in church and in your programs is waiting earnestly desiring you reach out to Him in faith as a friend, not as someone distant and unapproachable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cool!
The highest one that we have in Ontario (2hrs from Toronto) is only
Vertical: 220 m (720 ft)
Longest run: 1.6 km (1 mi)
Base elevation: 230 m (750 ft)

What really? I would expected there to be higher mountains in Ontario

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your well being, spiritual health, and mental health is dependent upon what the church calls sacraments, and your faith is rooted and grounded in them, then forgive me if this sounds offensive, but I suggest your faith is misplaced. Jesus is a living loving personal Being Who does not depends on rituals in order to be present with His people.

There is the biggest problem with you evangelicals and your absolute lack of any understanding of the sacraments and Traditional Christianity. Christ is really present in the Holy Eucharist it is not symbolism nor ritual. I would say you all have a completely misplaced faith that goes no where while you all starve to death because you never receive Christ. In the Sacraments are life and healing because it the Grace God gives through and with the Sacraments not what man does. Evangelicals don't need Church because really for you guys there is nothing there except a social club were you can get together but Traditional Liturgical Christians understand there is so much more to Church than seeing everyone and hearing a sermon.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is the biggest problem with you evangelicals and your absolute lack of any understanding of the sacraments and Traditional Christianity. Christ is really present in the Holy Eucharist it is not symbolism nor ritual. I would say you all have a completely misplaced faith that goes no where while you all starve to death because you never receive Christ. In the Sacraments are life and healing because it the Grace God gives through and with the Sacraments not what man does. Evangelicals don't need Church because really for you guys there is nothing there except a social club were you can get together but Traditional Liturgical Christians understand there is so much more to Church than seeing everyone and hearing a sermon.
Well, first I'm only having a conversation here and if you are comfortable with everything you are doing and you believe this is what Jesus accepts, them go ahead. By the way, I do not identify as Evangelical. And I was Catholic, so I understand much more than you realise.
I have a question. If Christ is in the Eucharist, and you accept him at communion, how long does he stay? If you need to go back next week, why did he leave, and when?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What really? I would expected there to be higher mountains in Ontario
No, not Ontario, but BC, AB & QC, which are part of the Rockies & Laurentians mountain ranges respectively. They are world class skiing resorts, I understand.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I alpine ski, at an average level. Yes, in Canada we do have Tremblant (QC), Mont St. Anne (QC), Whistler (BC), Banff (AB), etc... In Ontario, where I from, Blue Mtn. is the biggest at Top Elevation 450m. Very, very small in comparison.

The big mountains are in the west from what i understand. I've been going up every season for over 15 years so I snowboard at an average level (ride without falling) But if I had my choice again I would pick skiing cos u can do a bit more on them

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A friend and I had the best ski vacation when we went to the ski resorts around Queentown and Wanaka.
Treble Cone was the best but we were lucky cos snow had been falling heavily for 5 days and then cleared up when we arrived. So we had lovely powder snow under blue skies, it was fantastic

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The big mountains are in the west from what i understand. I've been going up every season for over 15 years so I snowboard at an average level (ride without falling) But if I had my choice again I would pick skiing cos u can do a bit more on them
Yes, I think the west side's range (Rockies) are bigger than Quebec's (Laurentians).
Well, that's the debate, isn't it, the versatility of skiing versus snow boarding, ...or, is it the fun factor, or both?
Because I'm average on skiis, I still have a lot to learn, so I'm content just sticking to one discipline for a few more years, I'm sure.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, that's the debate, isn't it, the versatility of skiing versus snow boarding, ...or, is it the fun factor, or both?

I think the fun factor would be the same, it's the versatility that sets them apart IMO
A snowboard is a lot better for freestyle and powder riding. The boots are also better to walk in
On skis you can go faster and ride over choppy terrain much easier.
But the biggest advantage is the ability to skate across flat terrain. So you can access areas that a snowboarder can only get to by walking

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the fun factor would be the same, it's the versatility that sets them apart IMO
A snowboard is a lot better for freestyle and powder riding. The boots are also better to walk in
On skis you can go faster and ride over choppy terrain much easier.
But the biggest advantage is the ability to skate across flat terrain. So you can access areas that a snowboarder can only get to by walking
Yes, that all makes sense in theory (I wouldn't know otherwise). Skiis being longer, allow for speed and hovering over rough terrain. Whereas a shorter surface, is more conducive to agility, carving and stunts.

Reactions: Cristo Rei
R

Rita

Why would I opt to have Christ only during the sacraments when I can experiencing him every single day of my life in a personal and living way through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I could be on a desert island and I would still be close, well fed, and covered by His grace. Church are people, and we do need people as well, but our hope and strength comes from Christ Himself.
So you think ‘ Evangelicals ‘ don’t have Christ and that we have never received Christ.........interesting, a total lie and deception - who told you that !?
Rita