Circumcision Without Hands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s the Holy Spirit in us that brings us to desiring to please God....we don’t bring ourselves..how would I know how to please God....I wouldn’t....the Holy Spirit who is at work in me, is giving me that desire....I’m becoming more like Jesus, Through the power of the Holy Spirit...all the Glory Goes To Him.....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold and @Johann ,
There is mud all over the place and, both of you have been reported by other members. I love you brothers but, if it gets anymore "muddy" here, I will lock the thread.
No need to leave Johann.
Let's please remember we are adults here and have to do our best to get along, and that IS biblical.

Reactions: Rita and Ritajanice

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe and NEVER will believe, that a Born again can lose their salvation....we have been birthed period...we can’t be un- birthed...never in a million yrs...my belief.

I know I can never lose my salvation because I keep myself, and the most precious relationship I have is with God. But Paul gave warnings to the born again to not willfully sin, which is quenching the Spirit. He even said we can "go BACK to perdition" - that is an unholy state bound for hell.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but it was your error that wasn't God's will that you were chastised on. That is free will. But I doubt it was a sin unto death. You have been completely circumcised from sins unto death, so it was probably a minor offense that is a sin NOT unto death. We are sinless as long as we obey our conscience. But not perfect until ALL the minor sins of immature fruit are matured by the vinekeeper. John 15. Then we are made perfect.
Ok...thanks for explaining....I’m not quite understanding some of what you say here no worries....I will give it a good read later..thank you,Sis.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is addressed to born again believers who are already justified, and also sanctified in Christ Jesus (having received the gift of the Holy Spirit). Being justified they already have the imputed righteousness of Christ. But what about their practical day-to-day righteousness?

Paul is telling them that they must not yield the members of their bodies to unrighteousness (sinning). Meaning quit sinning and walk away from sinful thoughts and sinful behavior. And how would they do that? By being FULLY YIELDED to God. By being under the control of the Holy Spirit. By obedience to Christ and to the Word of God. By focusing on righteousness and holiness.

Now genuine Christians generally desire to please the Lord and do His will. But they cannot claim to be sinlessly perfect, since they may sin by omission or commission. They may allow the flesh to momentarily cause them to sin. Let's say in a fit of anger or frustration or cowardice. Moses -- the man of God -- had a fit of anger and forfeited his opportunity to enter the promised land. Peter temporarily began to shun Gentile Christians because of Judaizers and had to be corrected by Paul. No doubt he quit that kind of behavior.

And then we have those promoting false doctrines and twisting the Scriptures. They are definitely sinning, although they imagine they are proclaiming the truth. All the cults believe that they are truly Christians, yet many deny the deity of Christ. That in itself is a sin. Indeed the apostle John tells us that those who reject the doctrine of Christ are antichrists!
Amen brother-wholly concur with your post.
But there is a sword hanging over my head-at the moment.
Would appear that "correcting" others is offensive in their nostrils.
Later-I have a "stalker" on my tail.
Johann.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is addressed to born again believers who are already justified,

The verse says not to yield your BODY as the instrument of sin.

Why?

Because the "body is dead because of sin"... .this means it can be used in a sinful way., because the body is under the law.

But the born again, is not the BODY...its the born again Spirit that is "in Christ"
'That is not your body,.

A.) The Born again, is not the BODY, its the Born again Spirit... and that is why the verse says the body is not to be yielded, in that carnal way.

See, the Body is under the Law., still, and that is why your body is going to DIE... and it can be used for carnality, and the Law is its JUDGE..... thats the verse.

But the Born again, are "NOT under the LAW, but under Grace", and that is not your BODY... as the"" body is DEAD, because of sin.""

Now.....Is the Born again Dead?

I asked you .. .Is the BORN AGAIN Dead? ?>????????

Not quite.. As the born again have ETERNAL LIFE, and that is not your BODY.

The BODY that is DEAD because of sin, is not the CHRISTIAN... The Christian is "in Christ" "one with God" and that is not your "body that is dead because of Sin"..

So, dont use your body that is not born again, and is under the law, for some carnal deed, Paul says.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

It’s the Holy Spirit in us that brings us to desiring to please God....we don’t bring ourselves..how would I know how to please God....I wouldn’t....the Holy Spirit who is at work in me, is giving me that desire....I’m becoming more like Jesus, Through the power of the Holy Spirit...all the Glory Goes To Him.....

Philippians 2:13
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New Living Translation
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

American Standard Version
for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure.

Berean Study Bible
For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good purpose.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For it is God who worketh in you, both to will and to accomplish, according to his good will.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Would appear that "correcting" others is offensive in their nostrils.

@Nancy

Its the lying to the Mod that is the "offense', Johann

You stated that "nontheless", because you did state an untruth to the Mod about me.

I can deal with your self defined "aggression" but i can't sit in "brotherly love" while you lie to Mods.

Not going to happen.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

Its the lying to the Mod that is the "offense', Johann

You stated that "nontheless", because you did state an untruth to the Mod about me.

I can deal with your self defined "aggression" but i can't sit in "brotherly love" while you lie to Mods.

Not going to happen.
What?!! I lied to the mods?? who, when and what about?!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Salvation is Jesus, not you keeping yourself as anything.

God holds unto YOU, through the Blood of Jesus.

Being born again is the eternal assurance that He does.

Philippians 1:6 explains it.
Amen!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...thanks for explaining....I’m not quite understanding some of what you say here no worries....I will give it a good read later..thank you,Sis.
I understand. Most people do not know there are two types of sin. 1 John 5:18 calls them sins unto death and sins not unto death. Numbers 15:22-29 is a sacrifice for untintentional sins - sins NOT unto death. Numbers 15:30-36 was a guy breaking one of the Ten Commandments. It was a sin unto death. They stoned him.

Catholics call these two mortal sins (sins unto death) and venial sins (sins not unto death). They got that right, at least.

God is the Author and Finisher of our Faith. God writes His laws on our hearts. The first level we receive are sins unto death. That takes us from death to LIFE.
Romans 1:16-17 tells us about this power of the gospel. We grow from faith to faith. The next levels are the minor sins of immature fruit. 2 Peter 1:5-7. Jesus prunes them so they will grow better. John 15:1-5

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, ADD TO YOUR FAITH virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

God gives us new desires. and takes away the old ones.

He gives us a new type of conscience , and we notice SINFULNESS.

We notice things that are unholy and the day before we are saved, we didnt.

Im a Musician all my life, before i was an Evangelist/Teacher.

So, for me, after i was born again, i saw videos and heard lyrics as "sinful" and "godless" and "demonic", and that happened right after i was born again.

I SAW everything, in a new LIGHT.

The word says.. "I will make darkness , LIGHT before you".... and God does shine the light on the SINFULLY DARK..
He shows it to you,

I still see "sinfulness" everywhere.... in this world.

That is GOD caused... and that is one of the ways that you know that JESUS is in you, as HE SEES the same, and that is why we do.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God gives us new desires. and takes away the old ones.

He gives us a new type of conscience , and we notice SINFULNESS.

We notice things that are unholy and the day before we are saved, we didnt.

Im a Musician all my life, before i was an Evangelist/Teacher.

So, for me, after i was born again, i saw videos and heard lyrics as "sinful" and "godless" and "demonic", and that happened right after i was born again.

I SAW everything, in a new LIGHT.

I still see "sinfulness" everywhere.... in this world.

That is GOD caused... and that is one of the ways that you know that JESUS is in you, as HE SEES the same, and that is why we do.
Amen...Brother.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is Jesus, not you keeping yourself as anything.

God holds unto YOU, through the Blood of Jesus.

Being born again is the eternal assurance that He does.

Philippians 1:6 explains it.
My "keeping myself as the word says, no matter if you believe the word or not, is "WALKING in the Spirit." That is up to us.

John 15:5-6 (The branches are the born again. They were once part of the vine.)
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Behold and @Johann ,
There is mud all over the place and, both of you have been reported by other members. I love you brothers but, if it gets anymore "muddy" here, I will lock the thread.
No need to leave Johann.
Let's please remember we are adults here and have to do our best to get along, and that IS biblical.
Dear @Nancy-I don't like this sword over my head-no disrespect to you and the other Mods-and those members reporting me-I have a good idea who they are-are the very ones who abuse and twist the Scriptures-to their own destruction.

Tit_1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Tit_2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

These reporting other members are cowards-having a form of godliness-
I can understand my name coming up to the Mods again and again and how daunting a task it must be for you and the others-but as an Afrikaner-I make my appeal to Christ and the holy Scriptures and what stands written.

When I joined this Forum, I was raw, uncouth-but by the grace of God I'm still a work in
progress and have learned a lot in these two years.

Shalom
Johann-now I understand why the Reformers suffered excommunication wherever they went-Paul-the Apostles-Jesus and everyone that wants to live a godly life shall undergo persecution-it is a real time event here, so it comes as no surprise sister.

Later.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My "keeping myself as the word says, no matter if you believe the word or not, is "WALKING in the Spirit." That is up to us.
I don’t believe that,Sis...the Holy Spirit keeps us walking in the Spirit...I wouldn’t know how to do that in my own strength....he keeps me saved as well...as he’s in my heart...never ever to leave..my belief Sis.

Edit to add..he also keeps me abiding in him as well.

1 John 4:13
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit.

New Living Translation
And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us.

English Standard Version
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.