Claim: Life begins at the first breath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hogwash.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

God knows us boefore we are even formed. I care not what human scientists may say
The scripture in Jeremiah was referring to Christ. But as far as when life begins. It began with the book of life. When a child is conceived in the womb that life was foreordained before the foundation of the world having the name written in the book of life. Conception is when life begins because it was ordained by God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture in Jeremiah was referring to Christ. But as far as when life begins. It began with the book of life. When a child is conceived in the womb that life was foreordained before the foundation of the world having the name written in the book of life. Conception is when life begins because it was ordained by God.

Sorry but that is a direct message to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1
King James Version

1 The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:

2 To whom the word of the Lord came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.

3 It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.

4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

As you can plainly see it is a direct message to jeremiah for Jeremiah and not so symbolic veiled allegorical passage about jesus.

Reactions: kcnalp and marks

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but that is a direct message to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1
King James Version

1 The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:

2 To whom the word of the Lord came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.

3 It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.

4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

As you can plainly see it is a direct message to jeremiah for Jeremiah and not so symbolic veiled allegorical passage about jesus.
The prophets wrote as they were moved by the HS. They spoke of Christ. You probably think when David wrote that the Lord would not leave his soul in Hell nor his holy one see corruption. Was referring to himself but he wasn’t. He was referring to Christ. No sir Jeremiah was not talking about himself but wrote concerning Christ. When did Jeremiah ever become a prophet unto the nations.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hogwash.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

God knows us boefore we are even formed. I care not what human scientists may say
How did he know us. Were we spirit angels at one time before our birth on earth?

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think of this claim?
I believe you cannot suddenly wake up and be immortal. Immortal means to live forever. It also must mean we have lived forever. So I believe we have lived before this earth life.

As Jeremiah says, God knew us before this earth life.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also Paul says that God knew us before the foundation of the world:
Ephesians 1:4 King James Version
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Paul says Jesus chose us before the foundation of the world to be his, that we should be holy..... This does not mean that we will be holy, only that we should be holy. We still have our free agency, even though we were chosen to be in Jesus on this earth.

But the point is we were chosen before the earth was formed, just like Jeremiah was chosen to be a prophet. Does not mean he would be, but he made the right choice to follow through on his ordination and was a wonderful prophet for the Lord, here on earth.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophets wrote as they were moved by the HS. They spoke of Christ. You probably think when David wrote that the Lord would not leave his soul in Hell nor his holy one see corruption. Was referring to himself but he wasn’t. He was referring to Christ. No sir Jeremiah was not talking about himself but wrote concerning Christ. When did Jeremiah ever become a prophet unto the nations.
Is this what happened to Christ?
Jeremiah 1:5 King James Version

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this what happened to Christ?
Jeremiah 1:5 King James Version
What do you see?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you cannot suddenly wake up and be immortal. Immortal means to live forever. It also must mean we have lived forever. So I believe we have lived before this earth life.

As Jeremiah says, God knew us before this earth life.

You are mixing up eternal with immortal- eternal means ever existing. immortal means not dying!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry Daniel, but not everything they said and wrote is about Jesus! Jeremiah was a prophet to the peoples! You will never see a prophecy referring to jesus spoken directly and addressing the prophet. That is a modern misuse of allegory.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YOu also need to remember that Jesus has existed from eterntiy past. Only His humanity was formed in the womb, not His divinity. and while Jesus did act in the role of prophet- that is a subordinate role to Him being Savior and god the Son.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say or even imply, sop I won't guess.
It certainly does say it, how much more clearly can the Lord say, "I knew you before I formed you in your mothers womb"?

And if it is unclear at this point let it be super clear when the Lord says that he not only knew him, but that he ordained him to be a prophet to the future nations, all before Jeremiah was formed in his mothers womb.

You, yourself was chosen to be in him before the foundations of the earth were laid. Did the Lord know you too? (Ephesians 1:4)

So with a clear understanding that he at least knew Jeremiah and probably you and I, how did he know us, were we angels, were we morning stars, were we part of the sons of God that shouted for joy in Job 38:7?

Were we one of Michael's angels who fought the dragon/lucifer/satan and his angels, in the war in heaven?
(See Revelation 12:7) Who are these angels that fought one another in heaven?

Seems like there was a lot going on in heaven before this earth was created that a lot a people are unaware of. Did we live before this earthlife?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It certainly does say it, how much more clearly can the Lord say, "I knew you before I formed you in your mothers womb"?

And if it is unclear at this point let it be super clear when the Lord says that he not only knew him, but that he ordained him to be a prophet to the future nations, all before Jeremiah was formed in his mothers womb.

You, yourself was chosen to be in him before the foundations of the earth were laid. Did the Lord know you too? (Ephesians 1:4)

So with a clear understanding that he at least knew Jeremiah and probably you and I, how did he know us, were we angels, were we morning stars, were we part of the sons of God that shouted for joy in Job 38:7?

Were we one of Michael's angels who fought the dragon/lucifer/satan and his angels, in the war in heaven?
(See Revelation 12:7) Who are these angels that fought one another in heaven?

Seems like there was a lot going on in heaven before this earth was created that a lot a people are unaware of. Did we live before this earthlife?

You need to show how you get we are angels before we became people.

and to answer that question. Michael has not fought Lucifer yet as found in REv.

Just because God foreknkows us, does not mean we pre-existed- that is jumping to conclusions.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Daniel, but not everything they said and wrote is about Jesus! Jeremiah was a prophet to the peoples! You will never see a prophecy referring to jesus spoken directly and addressing the prophet. That is a modern misuse of allegory.
I suppose when David said the lord won’t leave soul in hell he was referring to himself and not Christ. Just an allegory?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose when David said the lord won’t leave soul in hell he was referring to himself and not Christ. Just an allegory?

Are you going to go through myriad verses to find out if they are prophetic (not allegorcal)? But the fact the bible speaks more of this should answer your own question.