climate change and end times

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians that pray "may I be worthy to escape what is to come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man" (constantly) aren't stressed and can't be vexed.

This deals with climate change and the end.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm familiar with those verses but I'm also confused about how that can happen if Jesus is supposed to reign on Earth for 1,000 years, although I don't want to hijack the OP's thread. :)
it's ok if he answers that. A little derailing is ok too and sometimes it seems like you're derailing when there's actually still a connection :)

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for your reply, where in the Bible does it say that the Earth will end in fire because of the brightness of Christ rather than by global climate change?
the Bible doesn't mention global warming/climate change at all for starters.

did you mean that you didn't know the Bible speaks of the earth ending in fire?

or just that you wondered if there was a specific distinction made in scripture that it wouldn't be by global climate whatever nonsense?

just clarifying, not picking on you.

Reactions: Helen

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm familiar with those verses but I'm also confused about how that can happen if Jesus is supposed to reign on Earth for 1,000 years, although I don't want to hijack the OP's thread. :)
Jesus is reigning now upon the earth through all True Christians who are indwelled with Him.

He was given ALL power and authority, in heaven and earth, in Matt. 28:18.

there will be no Millennium upon this physical earth after His physical return, just as all end times passages declare and 1 Cor. 15:23-24 makes very clear. Jesus mentions the Last Day 6 times in the book of John for a reason.

there can only be ONE Last Day.

but all that is for another thread.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the Bible doesn't mention global warming/climate change at all for starters.

did you mean that you didn't know the Bible speaks of the earth ending in fire?

or just that you wondered if there was a specific distinction made in scripture that it wouldn't be by global climate whatever nonsense?

just clarifying, not picking on you.
No, I know that the bible speaks of the Earth ending in fire. I was just wondering where in the bible it says that the Earth ending in fire will be "because" of the brightness of Christ. :)

Reactions: M3n0r4h

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another verse that is significant to this discussion is found in 2 Chronicles 7:12-22 where God plainly states that he controls the rain the locusts and the pestilence and will allow the rain to stop and the locusts and the pestilence to increase if God's people turns away from Him to sin against God. The same is also true today.

2 Chronicles 7:12-22: - 12 And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. 13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attentive unto the prayer that is made in this place. 16 For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually. 17 And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments; 18 Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.​
19 But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them; 20 Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my fertile field which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations. 21 And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to everyone that passes by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house? 22 And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them.​

Is not this passage also applicable to us in our time as well.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I know that the bible speaks of the Earth ending in fire. I was just wondering where in the bible it says that the Earth ending in fire will be "because" of the brightness of Christ. :)
ah.

there are about a handful of verses that state that the earth will be destroyed by fire and then we have this that must coincide:

"8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:"

2 Thes. 2:8

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the earth warming?

What could be causing it, I wonder?

Have not seen good discussions on the topic.
God controls the weather.

Greedy men look for any underhanded means to frighten men into giving “them” a mans wealth under the guise of safety.

For over a hundred years scientists have predicted…a coming ice age, pollution fostering an ice age. A coming heat age, pollution fostering global warming. Burning, smoke, garbage, dumping, chemicals, animals, humans, breath, farts, on and on and on….has been claims for weather changes (by power sitters and propoganda media) to keep the “crisis” in the forefront and the peoples money, money, money is always the solution for “power sitters” to FIX the weather!

God controls the weather. By through of Him does the weather bless us, warn us, get our attention.

Pss 148:
[8] Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word:

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: xTimWip and Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for that snippet of honesty......and you can be assured that popular theology will continue to take one down the path of confusion while it touts liberation.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, to be like us.[a] Let them be masters over the fish in the ocean, the birds that fly,[b] the livestock, everything that crawls on the earth, and over the earth itself!”

-Genesis 1:26

Reactions: TLHKAJ

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reference to climate change, the Earth is warming up and I feel the world will end by it, by fire as it says in the Bible and that we don't have that much time left before Christ returns since this world seems to be getting worse in so many ways. I made a connection and that conclusion is scary and I'm sorry to bring it up. What do you all think?
At some point, I believe the following verse will come into play.

Revelation 9:4
They were told not to hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

This is a bit of irony, which seems prevalent among environmentalists. They will care more for the grass and the earth than they do for the people of God.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, they like to think they're God.

they've been controlling the weather since the 50's.

they were just dabbling back then though.

nothing like what they can do now.

the angels that play this HAARP are very dark indeed.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, to be like us.[a] Let them be masters over the fish in the ocean, the birds that fly,[b] the livestock, everything that crawls on the earth, and over the earth itself!”

-Genesis 1:26
Gen 1:
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Dominion…Authority
Dominion…over animals, in the seas, in the air, on the land.
Dominion….over all the EARTH.

Gen 1:
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and theearth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[10] And God called the dry land Earth;

Weather…wind, rain, hail, lightening, clouds, does not come out of DRY LAND.

God IS the Supreme MASTER. He can and does give mankind an OFFERING to become reconciled and MADE IN His LIKENESS, by, through, of HIS POWER.

God can and does give His AUTHORITY to mankind to Discover, Use, (for good) His Land and Animal Creations. (As well as minerals, ores, oil, rock, gold, waters, etc. IN the Earth.)

God Once Destroyed man and animals with a soul… With the Earth, and foretold He shall once again for the last time Destroy mankind and animals with a soul….With the Earth.

Gen 1:
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Ecc 1:
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, they like to think they're God.

they've been controlling the weather since the 50's.

they were just dabbling back then though.

nothing like what they can do now.

the angels that play this HAARP are very dark indeed.
EPA…Everyones Pain in the A$$.

Reactions: M3n0r4h

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
can you quote a verse from the actual Bible that says anything at all about this so-called climate change?
Luke 21:36 "pray that you may be counted worthy to escape the things that are to come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man"

If you do this, you will be above stress and without vexation - climate change won't bother you and the end won't scare you.

• Love
Reactions: xTimWip

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is my understanding that these verses from Jeremiah 51 is speaking about what we call Climate Change.

15 He has made the earth by His power;​
He has established the world by His wisdom,​
And stretched out the heaven by His understanding.​
16 When He utters His voice —​
There is a multitude of waters in the heavens:
"He causes the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth;
He makes lightnings for the rain;
He brings the wind out of His treasuries.[1]"​
Why is this so? Because the Churches joined the political interests and cheered because the leaders of the world wanted to heal Babylon instead of destroying Babylon as God requires.

Jeremiah 50-51 speaks of our turning away from God in support of our political masters. We joined them in their acting God like and look what this has got us.

[1] It is my view that Jeremaih is speaking of the issues associated with climate change.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Earth might be slightly warming but it's not because of anything man has done. The fact that the world establishment is pushing this narrative must be a red flag to Christians that man-made "climate change" is a LIE.

It's a gigantic scam to steal wealth. That's it.
100% AGREE!

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Earth might be slightly warming but it's not because of anything man has done. The fact that the world establishment is pushing this narrative must be a red flag to Christians that man-made "climate change" is a LIE.

It's a gigantic scam to steal wealth. That's it.
I agree, but only in the sense that it's been done by man BY ACCIDENT.

what we are seeing happen all over the world with crazy weather IS being done by man, but it's being done by man ON PURPOSE, by govt/military entities, utilizing technology to perpetuate the fraud of climate change/global warming.

it's not that it's not happening, IT IS happening, but not due to litter and waste and CO2 and toxic chemicals being put into the air by too many people on earth or any of that hog wash.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Helen