climate change and end times

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In reference to climate change, the Earth is warming up and I feel the world will end by it, by fire as it says in the Bible and that we don't have that much time left before Christ returns since this world seems to be getting worse in so many ways. I made a connection and that conclusion is scary and I'm sorry to bring it up. What do you all think?

Reactions: dev553344

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In reference to climate change, the Earth is warming up and I feel the world will end by it, by fire as it says in the Bible and that we don't have that much time left before Christ returns since this world seems to be getting worse in so many ways. I made a connection and that conclusion is scary and I'm sorry to bring it up. What do you all think?

Perhaps these verses speak to these present times.

Jeremiah 51:13-19: -

13 O you who dwell by many waters,​
Abundant in treasures,
Your end has come,
The measure of your covetousness.​
14 The Lord of hosts has sworn by Himself:​
“Surely I will fill you with men, as with locusts,
And they shall lift up a shout against you.”

He has made the earth by His power;​
He has established the world by His wisdom,
And stretched out the heaven by His understanding.​
16 When He utters His voice —​
There is a multitude of waters in the heavens:
“He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth;
He makes lightnings for the rain;
He brings the wind out of His treasuries.”

Everyone is dull-hearted, without knowledge;​
Every metalsmith is put to shame by the carved image;
For his molded image is falsehood,
And there is no breath in them.​
18 They are futile, a work of errors;​
In the time of their punishment they shall perish.​
19 The Portion of Jacob is not like them,​
For He is the Maker of all things;
And Israel is the tribe of His inheritance.
The Lord of hosts is His name.

Our problem is that we do not have eyes to see or ears to hear.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's some big questions tl_p; ............ Why does Jesus return? Why hasn't he returned well before now?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's some big questions tl_p; ............ Why does Jesus return? Why hasn't he returned well before now?
I know those answers, He returns the second time to destroy Satan and evil and death for all eternity. He hasn't returned because He doesn't want anyone to perish so He is giving everyone a chance to repent. Is that your point? I am just afraid that He won't wait for me to overcome my obstacles before I could really do better! Even though I know He must be all-loving and understanding? thanks for the replies!

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know those answers, He returns the second time to destroy Satan and evil and death for all eternity. He hasn't returned because He doesn't want anyone to perish so He is giving everyone a chance to repent. Is that your point? I am just afraid that He won't wait for me to overcome my obstacles before I could really do better! Even though I know He must be all-loving and understanding? thanks for the replies!
It's kind of my question bugalugs, but let me push it a little further; why hasn't he destroyed Satan already?

Reactions: Brakelite

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's kind of my question bugalugs, but let me push it a little further; why hasn't he destroyed Satan already?

because it is not part of God's plan yet. Something that I think you already know.

2 Chronicles 7:12ff tells us that God is in control of the weather, locusts and pestilence and that if those who are called by His Name will humble themselves then He will heal their land. The main problem is that few saints have ears to see or ears to hear God's words to them. God's warning in 2 Chronicles 712ff is not just limited to the Israelites, but to any people group that claim that they are His Saints.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
because it is not part of God's plan yet. Something that I think you already know.

2 Chronicles 7:12ff tells us that God is in control of the weather, locusts and pestilence and that if those who are called by His Name will humble themselves then He will heal their land. The main problem is that few saints have ears to see or ears to hear God's words to them. God's warning in 2 Chronicles 712ff is not just limited to the Israelites, but to any people group that claim that they are His Saints.
isn't your first statement circular reasoning and doesn't address the question Jay?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Earth might be slightly warming but it's not because of anything man has done. The fact that the world establishment is pushing this narrative must be a red flag to Christians that man-made "climate change" is a LIE.

It's a gigantic scam to steal wealth. That's it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
isn't your first statement circular reasoning and doesn't address the question Jay?

Which question is that since it seemed to me that you took this thread in a different direction from the OP.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which question is that since it seemed to me that you took this thread in a different direction from the OP.
What! you didn't go back a few posts to bother reading the question...#7? ...'.why hasn't he (God) destroyed Satan already?'

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I already answered that question.:) He hasn't destroyed Satan yet because He doesn't want anyone to perish but have everlasting life so He's giving everyone a chance to repent. Are you trying to tell me not to fear that He will not wait for me unfairly? I have to get rid of one main obstacle and then I think I will be doing much better for God.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was thinking of this post: -

It had nothing whatsoever to do with the OP, it was a red herring, just like #7.

In my post #3 I had provided a pointer to scriptural evidence as to why we are having issues with the Locusts trying to run the various people by the sea and why this is also climate change.

If you go back and start reading Jeremiah 50 from verse 1 you might be able to see the context of chapters 50-51. There may be some verses that will baffle even you. However, Rev 16:17-21 may provide a clue or two for you to help you understand.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the earth will end in fire when Christ returns due to the brightness of His coming, or the brightness of His Holiness within this dark world, just as the Bible tells us, ...

... but it will have nothing whatsoever to do with global-climate-warming ... change.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure climate change is as bad as they say. The weather companies tend to scare people on purpose. They promote fear. So I don't follow their fear mongering ways really.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not sure climate change is as bad as they say. The weather companies tend to scare people on purpose. They promote fear. So I don't follow their fear mongering ways really.
surely you don't mean, dance while the Titanic sinks?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the earth will end in fire when Christ returns due to the brightness of His coming, or the brightness of His Holiness within this dark world, just as the Bible tells us, ...

... but it will have nothing whatsoever to do with global-climate-warming ... change.
thanks for your reply, where in the Bible does it say that the Earth will end in fire because of the brightness of Christ rather than by global climate change?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm familiar with those verses but I'm also confused about how that can happen if Jesus is supposed to reign on Earth for 1,000 years, although I don't want to hijack the OP's thread. :)