closing threads?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
I have jhust read through and it seems so well pointless, i understand it is not an argument but it seems that tension is present. I must admit the humanist point of view is one of the better agnostic/athiest views. Only that is not the point, why fight amongst ourselves you know a kingdom turning in on itself collapses. God has said the whole world will hate us due to Jesus name yet we do not stand united in purpose we speak to each other like people without God.I hear bad press for christians and i disbelieve it we cannot judge yes hate evil in judging we just become another prejudice. Jesus didnt stone the woman who commited adultery yet christians are seen to diss others who dont do it there way. love those without god and others view you dont have to follow the same but love and learn. As for views bibles yes ok so there are some that others dont agree with but look at the mormons.Maybe their book was not from god, but God blessed them come salt lake city they grew into a booming community. God doeesnt just care about the christians.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 12:51-53Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. These are the words of Christ. With that being said, division is going to happen. The problem lies not in the fact that there is division, but that sometimes this division leads to trouble. To get back to what has been said, what threads are you referencing? We've had to close certain threads for a myriad of reasons. Finally, I have to point out that even the antichrist prospers on this earth for a time. Some Christians prosper immensly in the physical realm, others don't. That's not necessarily a sign of blessing. I say that not to knock any belief system, I just say that for us to be aware. Psalm 73:3For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm. They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men. ... Psalm 73:12Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches. Psalm 73:17-20Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction. How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors. As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
the closed one i found to seem of a strange nature, sorry for bringing it up it just seemed so different to others i had read; but thankyou for the quotes.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm willing to talk about it. I don't like to share reasonings for banning people in most circumstances unless it affects the community - ie: someone lieing etc. However, threads are a different matter. There's no worries on bringing it up, but I would like to be clear about the reason if you'd like to know.