Co- Redemptrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, that would have made her able to open the seals ( in Revelation ) wouldn't it, and as it clearly states no one was found, who was worthy to open them, if Mary had been sinless, she would have been a contender...

Good point.

Stranger

Reactions: pia

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What DOES it mean?
It means 'highly favoured' or 'favoured one', 'to cause to find favour', 'to make graceful or gracious'. (Vines Expository Dictionary).

Stranger
Wrong, sparky.
It means: “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace.”

It indicates a completed action with permanent result.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Mary is not sinless, she is not Jesus. Only Jesus was born sinless,He is the only one found worthy, not her, but this is what you get from those who need to justify there worship of idols, she can do nothing for anyone,even praying to her is of no use, we have but one mediator that is Christ.
Sorry, dude - Luke 1:28 says she was "Kecharitomene".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said she was saved as Abraham, Moses, and Isaiah were. The problem is, you are saying she was saved before she ever fell. The comparison with Moses, Abraham, and Isaiah, doesn't work with your lame argument as you at least recognize they were sinners. See? Try and keep up.

Or, quit trying to avoid your faulty comparison.

Stranger
Moses, Abraham and Isaiah lived and died BEFORE Jesus yet they were saved BY Jesus.
Same with Mary.

Reactions: Pisteuo

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Moses, Abraham and Isaiah lived and died BEFORE Jesus yet they were saved BY Jesus.
Same with Mary.

btw was Mary ever baptised or like Nicodemus did she also have to be a born again as a Christian - twinc

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong, sparky.

It doesn't mean sinless. No matter how much you want it to.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same with Mary.

Yes, but again, as I said, you are saying this involved mary being sinless. And unless you are saying Moses, Abraham, and Isaiah were without sin, then your comparison doens't work. Or, unless you now agree that mary was not sinless, your comparison does not work.

So, which is it?

Stranger

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but again, as I said, you are saying this involved mary being sinless. And unless you are saying Moses, Abraham, and Isaiah were without sin, then your comparison doens't work. Or, unless you now agree that mary was not sinless, your comparison does not work.

So, which is it?

Stranger

so tell me why is mary twice not in capital Mary like Moses, Abraham and Isaiah - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, dude - Luke 1:28 says she was "Kecharitomene".

No need to apologise fro your error. But even Mary needed Jesus to be saved, becasue like us she was a sinner to. If she had not sinned than she would be equal to Jesus, and she could have died in His place. But as I said, men defending idols even to death as they do.

Reactions: pia

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
You don't believe Jesus is God?
Do you consider yourself a Christian? Looks like you don't.

No, I do not believe Jesus is "God".

According to your last sentence above, you have already concluded that I am not. And according to the definition that you hold, I must not be.

Brief and basic: Co- Redemptrix

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
me? regardless of my opinion, how might one advance this past Scripture, i would say is the point.

Or even history:

Celsus v. Origen, Eusebius, Augustine, and on down to Scrivener, Ehrman and Nestle just to name a few.

Just look at the controversies even today with regard to the TR v. WH.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No, I do not believe Jesus is "God".

According to your last sentence above, you have already concluded that I am not. And according to the definition that you hold, I must not be.

Brief and basic: Co- Redemptrix
I DO believe that in order to be called Christian one does have to believe Jesus is God.
Otherwise you're a Messianic Jew. No?

But I said that because it's not written under your avatar.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I DO believe that in order to be called Christian one does have to believe Jesus is God.
Otherwise you're a Messianic Jew. No?

But I said that because it's not written under your avatar.

Like you said, "you" believe such. Thus it is those such as yourself who define me as being an "outsider". Doesn't really matter what I claim, for you have already decided.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Like you said, "you" believe such. Thus it is those such as yourself who define me as being an "outsider". Doesn't really matter what I claim, for you have already decided.
Will answer this in the morning.
Night.