Co- Redemptrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a contradiction. That is correct.

I didn't say you said Mary created Him. You are wrong in saying Mary is the mother of God. She is not.

Did God exist before the birth of Jesus? Did the Son exist before the birth of Jesus? Did the Son exist as a Man before the virgin birth?

Stranger
Yes, yes and no.

When a woman gives birth - she is the Mother of that child.
Mary gave birth to Jesus - so she is His Mother.
Jesus is God, so she is also the Mother of God. She is NOT the Mother of the Trinity.

Simple deductive reasoning.
Not that difficult to figure out, Stranger.

Reactions: Marymog and aspen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does in accordance with His righteous character. God cannot allow one into heaven who is not saved by Jesus Christ.

God can do what He wills and desires. But he doesn't do all that you will Him to do. And this story of saving Mary before she fell, is just made up by you and Romanism to make her appear sinless. A made up story along with made up 'kecharitomene'.

Stranger
Who said that Mary was NOT saved by Jesus Christ??
Were Abraham and Moses and Isaiah and the rest saved by Jesus Christ?? Didn't they live and die BEFORE Jesus??

You're fighting a losing battle here, Stranger . . .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if Mary adopted Jesus and raised him - he would still be God and she would still be his mother

Reactions: Marymog

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, yes and no.

When a woman gives birth - she is the Mother of that child.
Mary gave birth to Jesus - so she is His Mother.
Jesus is God, so she is also the Mother of God. She is NOT the Mother of the Trinity.

Simple deductive reasoning.
Not that difficult to figure out, Stranger.

Exactly...not that difficult. Yes God existed before the virgin birth. Means Mary is not the mother of God. Yes the Son existed before the virgin birth. Means Mary is not the mother of the Son. No the Son did not exist as a Man before the virgin birth. Conclusion, Mary is the mother of the God/Man, not the mother of God.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said that Mary was NOT saved by Jesus Christ??
Were Abraham and Moses and Isaiah and the rest saved by Jesus Christ?? Didn't they live and die BEFORE Jesus??

You're fighting a losing battle here, Stranger . . .

Pay attention. You said Mary was saved before she fell, meaning she was sinless. Thus your comparison with Abraham, Moses, and Isaiah, is not only wrong, but dishonest.

There are many ways to lie.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if Mary adopted Jesus and raised him - he would still be God and she would still be his mother

That is a stupid statement as Jesus was not adopted. And, if He was, she would have been the adopting parent of the God/Man. Not the parent of God.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I parent and I am not biologically related. Tell me its different

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I parent and I am not biologically related. Tell me its different

Mary would not have been the parent or mother of God. She would have been the parent of the God/Man. Whether adopted, which is stupid because He wasn't, or born, Mary is not the mother of God.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly...not that difficult. Yes God existed before the virgin birth. Means Mary is not the mother of God. Yes the Son existed before the virgin birth. Means Mary is not the mother of the Son. No the Son did not exist as a Man before the virgin birth. Conclusion, Mary is the mother of the God/Man, not the mother of God.

Stranger
Hi Stranger,

I think I get what you are saying. Jesus is God AND man. He existed as God before he became a man and before Mary was born.

When Mary gave birth to him she gave birth to the man portion of God/man. She could not have given birth to the God part of Jesus. She is the DNA mother of the man Jesus.

I think what you are saying is that although Mary is the Mother of God she is not and could not be his mother in the sense that she is not older than God OR the source of His divinity?

@BreadOfLife I think it is fair to say that she is the Mother of God in the sense that she carried in her womb a divine person who was Jesus Christ who was God "in the flesh" and in the sense that she contributed the genetic matter to the human form?

Summarizing: Mary is the DNA Mother of God (Jesus), she is NOT the source of His divinity.

Respectfully, Mary

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

Good one Mary...I like that and agree.
I hope I was not to confusing and I hope these men don’t think I am preaching to them.

I have a special affinity to Mary. The best book I have read about her is Behold your Mother by Tim Staples. I would recommend it. It open my eyes to a lot about her.

Love, Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
And denial ain't just a river in Egypt . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention. You said Mary was saved before she fell, meaning she was sinless. Thus your comparison with Abraham, Moses, and Isaiah, is not only wrong, but dishonest.

There are many ways to lie.

Stranger
Mary WAS sinless. She was Kecharitomene - a title and condition that you have YET to address.
How is the comparison to her salvation and that of Abraham, Moses and Isaiah "dishonest"??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a stupid statement as Jesus was not adopted. And, if He was, she would have been the adopting parent of the God/Man. Not the parent of God.

Stranger
Wrong again.
Just as Joseph was the Foster Father of God (Jesus), Mary, His Mother gave birth to God (Jesus).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stranger,

I think I get what you are saying. Jesus is God AND man. He existed as God before he became a man and before Mary was born.

When Mary gave birth to him she gave birth to the man portion of God/man. She could not have given birth to the God part of Jesus. She is the DNA mother of the man Jesus.

I think what you are saying is that although Mary is the Mother of God she is not and could not be his mother in the sense that she is not older than God OR the source of His divinity?

@BreadOfLife I think it is fair to say that she is the Mother of God in the sense that she carried in her womb a divine person who was Jesus Christ who was God "in the flesh" and in the sense that she contributed the genetic matter to the human form?

Summarizing: Mary is the DNA Mother of God (Jesus), she is NOT the source of His divinity.

Respectfully, Mary
The Catholic Church has never taught that Mary was the source of Jesus's divinity, so I don't know where you're getting that.
The Catholic Church has never taught that Mary created God.
The Catholic Church has never taught that Mary is the Mother of the Trinity.

Mary is the mother of Jesus, who unites to Himself TWO distinct and indivisible natures - Divine and Human.
Mary did NOT give birth to a nature - any more than yours or Stranger's mothers did. She gave birth to the PERSON that is Jesus.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary WAS sinless. She was Kecharitomene - a title and condition that you have YET to address.
How is the comparison to her salvation and that of Abraham, Moses and Isaiah "dishonest"??

Was Abraham, Moses, or Isaiah sinless? No. Yet that is what you are claiming for Mary. Thus the comparison is dishonest. See?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again.
Just as Joseph was the Foster Father of God (Jesus), Mary, His Mother gave birth to God (Jesus).

Pay attention. We are talking about Mary and your claim that she is sinless. We are not talking about Joseph.

Jesus was not adopted. Jesus the God/Man was born by Mary. Joseph just had to take a back seat.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Abraham, Moses, or Isaiah sinless? No. Yet that is what you are claiming for Mary. Thus the comparison is dishonest. See?

Stranger
What an asinine argument.

I never claimed that Moses or the others were sinless - only Mary.
She is the ONLY one in Scripture to be described as "Kecharitomene."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention. We are talking about Mary and your claim that she is sinless. We are not talking about Joseph.

Jesus was not adopted. Jesus the God/Man was born by Mary. Joseph just had to take a back seat.

Stranger
Sure, we're talking about Joseph.
Just as Mary gave birth to GOD - Joseph raised God as his son.

Your Nestorian Heresy is an old, defeated position . . .