Co- Redemptrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
play it even safer - stick with 'The Puranas' that is if you can possibly come across a copy - twinc
This is Hinduism - not Christianity.

The Puranas serve to detail the spiritual practices and modes of worshiping and invoking the universal energies encapsulated in the Devas.
The most revered and pertinent texts in the Bhakti Yoga tradition are the Puranas, the ancient stories of the Indian gods and goddesses.

http://www.yogabasics.com/learn/cultivating-devotion-through-the-puranas/

Reactions: tabletalk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More lies here?

About your great leader:
Pope Francis accuses Chilean church sexual abuse victims of slander
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/19/pope-francis-victims-church-sexual-abuse-slander-chile
And, if you bother to R*E*A*D what he said - he was stating that there is ZERO evidence in this case and that people are just jumping on the bandwagon.

To refer to people as "Victims" without evidence is irresponsible.
Until evidence is presented - they are ALLEGED victims.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as we're going with the "facts" - you should try readind "Pedophiles and Priests" by Protestant author Philip Jenkins.
He lays out all of the actual statistics showing that the molestation problem is MUCH WORSE in the Protestant sects.

He shows that the Catholic Church bore the brunt of the press and legal action because it is ONE entity and because of its perceived wealth.
So, clean your OWN back yard before you point fingers at others, sparky (Matt. 7:3-5).

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
This is Hinduism - not Christianity.

The Puranas serve to detail the spiritual practices and modes of worshiping and invoking the universal energies encapsulated in the Devas.
The most revered and pertinent texts in the Bhakti Yoga tradition are the Puranas, the ancient stories of the Indian gods and goddesses.

http://www.yogabasics.com/learn/cultivating-devotion-through-the-puranas/

there are of course Puranas and Puranas - one needs guidance - imho Christians should try 'The Hidden Teaching' by Dr. Paul Brunton Ph.D. - twinc

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Poor response, BOL

I think you'r cracking up.

You did a lot better a few days ago.

But I guess you'r running out of excuses.

Go to the other forums, maybe you do better there.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
As long as we're going with the "facts" - you should try readind "Pedophiles and Priests" by Protestant author Philip Jenkins.
He lays out all of the actual statistics showing that the molestation problem is MUCH WORSE in the Protestant sects.

He shows that the Catholic Church bore the brunt of the press and legal action because it is ONE entity and because of its perceived wealth.
So, clean your OWN back yard before you point fingers at others, sparky (Matt. 7:3-5).

what we all are even more guilty of is that we have our priorities all mixed up and regard physical molestation as more serious than mental and spiritual interference and molestation causing a mass falling away by our young ones etc - twinc

Reactions: Pisteuo

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary never had sins that needed washing away in the first place. She was CONCEIVED without sin or the angel Gabriel lied.

The statement you just uttered is blasphemous!!! What arrogance and audacity!!! Who gave you the authority to change what God has stipulated in His word?

God said that both Jews and Gentiles are all under sin: As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understand: they are all gone out of the way: they are together become unprofitable, there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3

For all have sinned and come short to the glory of God. Romans 3:23

...and so, death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Romans 5:12

According to the Scriptures above, by definition and without exception, including Mary as well, all are sinners. Therefore, to become saved we need a Savior and that is the picture Mary illustrated in her Magnificat. She too needed a Savior. She stands on the same ground with all children of God

When we went to grade school, did our teacher give us a French book to study English? No! Likewise, to learn the things of God, we consult the Bible as it is the ultimate sourcebook of truth. Or, not any other books, or commentaries. Don’t get me wrong. Commentaries are a “help” only if the writer is faithful to the Word. And, not because he has a doctorate signature in front of or after his name, for his best work is still tainted by sin no matter how holy the text may seem, or that, the writer has a good reputation. This is the reasons I don’t read commentaries or in man’s traditions, for fear that if I read something about the things of God, did it come from the Bible or in other sources. If it’s not in the Bible, God did not say or do it!

“Highly favoured” (kecharitomene).

The term “highly favored” merely means that Mary was blessed because she was “chosen” to give the Lord Jesus a human nature. Nothing special as your church make her out to be.

However, there is one person God acknowledged that was born among women that have not risen greater than John the Baptist. For a smart person as you who seem to think he knows the things of God, do you know the reason no one is greater than John? I would be surprised if you did.

If I were you, I would delete the picture logo on the bottom of your posts. It paints a bad connotation to others, as there were never three wise men. It would take a caravan to travel long distances in those days. Secondly, there’s none that seeks after God, no, not one. Romans 3:11

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The statement you just uttered is blasphemous!!! What arrogance and audacity!!! Who gave you the authority to change what God has stipulated in His word?

God said that both Jews and Gentiles are all under sin: As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understand: they are all gone out of the way: they are together become unprofitable, there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3

According to the Scriptures above, by definition and without exception, including Mary as well, all are sinners. Therefore, to become saved we need a Savior and that is the picture Mary illustrated in her Magnificat. She too needed a Savior. She stands on the same ground with all children of God

When we went to grade school, did our teacher give us a French book to study English? No! Likewise, to learn the things of God, we consult the Bible as it is the ultimate sourcebook of truth. Or, not any other books, or commentaries. Don’t get me wrong. Commentaries are a “help” only if the writer is faithful to the Word. And, not because he has a doctorate signature in front of or after his name, for his best work is still tainted by sin no matter how holy the text may seem, or that, the writer has a good reputation. This is the reasons I don’t read commentaries or in man’s traditions, for fear that if I read something about the things of God, did it come from the Bible or in other sources. If it’s not in the Bible, God did not say or do it!

The term “highly favored” merely means that Mary was blessed because she was “chosen” to give the Lord Jesus a human nature. Nothing special as your church make her out to be.

However, there is one person God acknowledged that was born among women that have not risen greater than John the Baptist. For a smart person as you who seem to think he knows the things of God, do you know the reason no one is greater than John? I would be surprised if you did.

If I were you, I would delete the picture logo on the bottom of your posts. It paints a bad connotation to others, as there were never three wise men. It would take a caravan to travel long distances in those days. Secondly, there’s none that seeks after God, no, not one. Romans 3:11

To God Be The Glory

John was not as great as you make out - not even a Christian for the least Christian was greater than he imho - twinc

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John was not as great as you make out - not even a Christian for the least Christian was greater than he imho - twinc

Please read Matthew 11:11 very, very carefully, and when you think you have understood it's meaning, come back and we'll reason together.-.Jun2u

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds like Jesus contained the Holy Spirit at conception.
We need revelation as to what The Holy Spirits role was in 'coming upon her'( Mary ), but if He had entered and stayed then, there would have been no reason for Jesus to receive Him at His baptism.
Without understanding of this new creation, there would not be much point trying to get all those things across on a medium such as this, so I won't even try...I have much to learn still and am hungry for all of Him, but thankfully He has helped me to begin to understand who I am IN HIM, praise Him forever more...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only on this thread for this moment. Sometimes some people [most definitely not you] make me tired. The old man of me still tires and the new man of me must allow me to rest.
I am so glad :)...thank you for clarifying..

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 1:28.We haven't changed what the angel meant, and we don't ignore it either.

Last edited by a moderator:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Rom. 3:23 – Some Protestants use this verse “all have sinned” in an attempt to prove that Mary was also with sin. But “all have sinned ” only means that all are subject to original sin. Mary was spared from original sin by God, not herself. The popular analogy is God let us fall in the mud puddle, and cleaned us up afterward through baptism. In Mary’s case, God did not let her enter the mud puddle.

Rom. 3:23 – “all have sinned” also refers only to those able to commit sin. This is not everyone. For example, infants, the retarded, and the senile cannot sin.

Rom. 3:23 – finally, “all have sinned,” but Jesus must be an exception to this rule. This means that Mary can be an exception as well. Note that the Greek word for all is “pantes.”

1 Cor. 15:22 – in Adam all (“pantes”) have died, and in Christ all (“pantes”) shall live. This proves that “all” does not mean “every single one.” This is because not all have died (such as Enoch and Elijah who were taken up to heaven), and not all will go to heaven (because Jesus said so).

Rom. 5:12 – Paul says that death spread to all (“pantes”) men. Again, this proves that “all” does not mean “every single one” because death did not spread to all men (as we have seen with Enoch and Elijah).

Rom. 5:19 – here Paul says “many (not all) were made sinners.” Paul uses “polloi,” not “pantes.” Is Paul contradicting what he said in Rom. 3:23? Of course not. Paul means that all are subject to original sin, but not all reject God.

She is special because she is the mother of Jesus.
However, there is one person God acknowledged that was born among women
God intervened at her conception. It took centuries of prayer and reflection for this doctrine to develop from it's original seedling form; it was always there from the beginning.

Reactions: Richard_oti