Col 1:17-29 weekly devotion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:17
King James Version (KJV)

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

17 and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52930-52931). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.

Christ is above all and all things are controled by Him.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:18

King James Version (KJV)
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52932-52933). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.

We as believers should look to Him to see what we should do and follow His guidence.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:19
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]19 [/SIZE]For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

19 For it was the good pleasure of the Father that in him should all the fulness dwell;

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52933-52934). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My Thoughts.

We as believers should try to be as Christ and dwell in Him.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:20
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]20 [/SIZE]And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

20 and through him to reconcile all things unto himself, having made peace through the blood of his cross; through him, I say, whether things upon the earth, or things in the heavens.
God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52935-52936). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.
We receive a peace of reconcilation when we recieve the blood of Christ.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:21
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]21 [/SIZE]And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

21 And you, being in time past alienated and enemies in your mind in your evil works,

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Location 52937). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.
We were once as evil as the world is but, Christ changed us and can them to.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:22
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]22 [/SIZE]In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

22 yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish and unreproveable before him:

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52938-52939). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.
We are made holy because Him who was holy died so we can live.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:23
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]23 [/SIZE]If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

23 if so be that ye continue in the faith, grounded and stedfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel which ye heard, which was preached in all creation under heaven; whereof I Paul was made a minister.

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52940-52941). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.
We should stand strong in Him by faith.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:24
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]24 [/SIZE]Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and fill up on my part that which is lacking of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church;

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52942-52943). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.
Even though our suffering we should praise because He sees us thru them as our Lord.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:25
King James Version (KJV)

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

25 whereof I was made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given me to you-ward, to fulfil the word of God,
God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52944-52945). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.
God's plan is contiued by those who follow Him as Lord.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:26
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]26 [/SIZE]Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

26 even the mystery which hath been hid for ages and generations: but now hath it been manifested to his saints,

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Location 52946). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.

The mystery was Christ who those of old did not know.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:27
King James Version (KJV)

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

27 to whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

God (2010-12-25). The Holy Bible (The Definitive Revised English Version) Complete Old Testament and New Testament (Special Kindle Enabled with DirectLink Technology) Bestselling ... (The Bible for Kindle / The Kindle Bible) (Kindle Locations 52947-52948). Christian Faith Publishers. Kindle Edition.

My thoughts.
We are made rich thru Christ's glory.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:28
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]28 [/SIZE]Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:28
The Voice (VOICE)

28 We are preaching Him—spreading the Word to all with equal amounts of wise warning and instruction—so that, at the final judgment, we will be able to present everyone to the Creator fully mature because of what Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, has done.

The Voice (VOICE)
The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

My thoughts.
The ultimate goal of every Christian should be to bring people closer to the Lord by their influence and grow closer to the Lord themselves.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:29
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]29 [/SIZE]Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Colossians 1:29
The Voice (VOICE)

29 This is why I continue to toil and struggle—because His amazing power and energy surge within me.

The Voice (VOICE)
The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
We should do our best to serve Him.