Collosians 1:15-16

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I already gave my thoughts on Colossians. If you can't see it, someday you will.
RR, what most fail to recognize/see is the BIG Picture that Elohim(plural) began painting for us in Genesis.

The complete cumulation of Scripture is the Story = Beginning to End

The Gospel is comprised of the "Let US" from Genesis and Exodus = 3 Persons who are ONE = Father/Son/Holy Spirit

If you separate any of the 3 from the ONE you have no Gospel.

If a person is unable to SEE that the WORD is Eternal, before Creation, then they fail to understand that the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us and the "emptying of Himself" in order that HE may become a man and taste death for everyone.

This is why JESUS said, while on earth, "My Father is greater then I".

Which changes when we get to Revelation and all of Heaven worships the LAMB just as they worship the FATHER.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RR, what most fail to recognize/see is the BIG Picture that Elohim(plural) began painting for us in Genesis.

The complete cumulation of Scripture is the Story = Beginning to End

The Gospel is comprised of the "Let US" from Genesis and Exodus = 3 Persons who are ONE = Father/Son/Holy Spirit

If you separate any of the 3 from the ONE you have no Gospel.

If a person is unable to SEE that the WORD is Eternal, before Creation, then they fail to understand that the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us and the "emptying of Himself" in order that HE may become a man and taste death for everyone.

This is why JESUS said, while on earth, "My Father is greater then I".

Which changes when we get to Revelation and all of Heaven worships the LAMB just as they worship the FATHER.
tenor_gif6004496318150312631.gif1685992600591_7071565508631465222.gif
AMEN !

Reactions: David in NJ

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FACT #1
John 8:22
And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

This applies to you as well!
Yes believe he is the one sent by the true God= the messiah.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brought up Jewish - and became Catholic.

1st century Bishop and lifelong student of the Apostle John wrote:
Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Gee - "Follow your Bishop . . ."
"Obey your clergy . . ."
"The sole Eucharist . . ."

"The Catholic Church . . ."

WHAT
Church does that sound like??
There were no catholics in the first century.
Brought up Jewish - and became Catholic.

1st century Bishop and lifelong student of the Apostle John wrote:
Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Gee - "Follow your Bishop . . ."
"Obey your clergy . . ."
"The sole Eucharist . . ."

"The Catholic Church . . ."

WHAT
Church does that sound like??
Catholicism official start=590 ce.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try this:

The 144,000 are bought from the earth to rule as kings and priests alongside of Jesus on thrones. No others.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has Kingdom Hall ever been wrong on doctrine?
Errors did get in. They only had error filled trinity translations to use until the 1950,s. It took years of hard study by many men to undo all the errors through the centuries and their own errors.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes believe he is the one sent by the true God= the messiah.
If you believe that JESUS the CHRIST is the Only Begotten of the FATHER, then you must believe ALL that JESUS spoke of:
a.) Himself
b.) the Father
c.) the Holy Spirit
d.) Everything HE spoke

Do you understand this?

Reactions: rwb and Keturah

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Errors did get in. They only had error filled trinity translations to use until the 1950,s. It took years of hard study by many men to undo all the errors through the centuries and their own errors.
They forgot to take out the parts that say Jesus is God and Hell fire is "forever and ever" in the NWT!

Reactions: Keturah

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may be the first JW that has admitted Kingdom Hall was wrong!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were no catholics in the first century.
That's NOT what we read from FIRST CENTURY Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch, who was a lifelong student of the Apostle John:

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the CATHOLIC CHURCH (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

Catholicism official start=590 ce.
Please produce the official document from that time that promulgated the start of the Catholic Church.

I provided an actual historical document (above).

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe that JESUS the CHRIST is the Only Begotten of the FATHER, then you must believe ALL that JESUS spoke of:
a.) Himself
b.) the Father
c.) the Holy Spirit
d.) Everything HE spoke

Do you understand this?
God always was and always will be. A son has a beginning.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They forgot to take out the parts that say Jesus is God and Hell fire is "forever and ever" in the NWT!
Many teachings are symbolic--those in darkness cannot understand them. Gods justice scales proves eternal suffering is symbolism not literal.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may be the first JW that has admitted Kingdom Hall was wrong!
Every JW on earth knows errors were made-Its the pattern shown in the bible-Satan attacks Gods religion relentlessly. After Jesus died, errors teachings got in in Peters books, Paul had to correct Peter on an occasion. Titus was left behind to correct error teachings that got in. Its the pattern. Correction is the important step once errors get in.
Some religions think they are immune and never make correction--

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's NOT what we read from FIRST CENTURY Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch, who was a lifelong student of the Apostle John:

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the CATHOLIC CHURCH (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

Please produce the official document from that time that promulgated the start of the Catholic Church.

I provided an actual historical document (above).
There was no trinity served until 381 ce-the council of Constantinople.
I doubt that document is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.