Collosians 1:15-16

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason satan tempted him in the wilderness is because he could have failed. satan wouldn't have wasted his time otherwise.

You seem to be saying you believe Satan, being more powerful than Christ had the power to make Christ bow down and worship him??? It seems you make this assumption because you don't believe that Christ Jesus, our Lord, is God, manifested in human flesh! That no doubt because you have been brainwashed into believing the lies of JW's doctrine. You have no Saviour if Christ is not God, and as God, He is more powerful than anything on earth or in heaven.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason satan tempted him in the wilderness is because he could have failed. satan wouldn't have wasted his time otherwise.

Satan was able to tempt Christ in the wilderness to prove Christ has all power over him. Jesus being full of the Holy Spirit, ending the temptations by Satan says, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." There is not doubt Jesus is the Lord God, and just because Jehovah's Witnesses deny this FACT does not make it any less truth.

Luke 4:1-13 (KJV) And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Reactions: Keturah

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit doesnt translate-breath of life-- The Hebrew word for soul( Nephesh) translates-breath.--It says became a living soul not was given a soul.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Breathed - puff of air - נָפַח naphach
Breath of life - through the puff of air from God came life - נְשָׁמָה neshamah -
a puff, i.e. wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect. or (concretely) an animal:—blast, (that) breath(-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit. Life - חַי chay (neshamah chay)

From God breathing into man, man possesses a living spirit, together with the body the two are complete living soul.

Soul - נֶפֶשׁ nephesh - properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):—any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, × dead(-ly), desire, × (dis-) contented, × fish, ghost, greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, × jeopardy of) life (× in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, slay, soul, tablet, they, thing, (× she) will, × would have it.

To be a living soul, every living, breathing creature must have a physical body, and spirit that gives the body life, intellect (mind, thoughts, will, emotions) and is the source of life for every part of the body and organs. Together, as long as the breath of life (spirit) remains in the body, they are complete living souls. It is the spirit that departs from man when our body dies, returning to God in heaven. Man's spirit can continue to be a living soul without the body, but the body without the spirit is a corpse. However the spirit of man having the Holy Spirit in them shall never die, so in death, the spirit in man with the Spirit from Christ returns to God a living soul, without a body, but shall be as the angels in heaven a spirit being.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave Jesus all authority in heaven and on earth. If Jesus were God he would already have had all authority. Matt 28:18- John 5:27

Jesus had ALL authority in heaven and earth even when He was in human form. Since Jesus had power over every enemy, He could also give His power to His disciples, making the spirits subject unto them. Jesus was given power over ALL flesh!

Luke 10:18-20 (KJV) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

John 17:1-2 (KJV)
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted verse 3.
Then you explained it wrong..... you explained it as "foreknowledge means pre-determined"

So, that is John Calvinism, 101.

Then, I showed you verse 4 that explains that verse 3 is talking about God creating creation then resting from His WORK.

No, I explained what Scripture has shown me to be truth! But you do not accept that! That doesn't mean it is wrong, only that you refuse to accept truth. And to prove this you offer no biblical rebuttal, but instead try to deflect by bringing the doctrine of Calvinism into the discussion. This is a well worn practice when one cannot refute what is biblically supported.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read carefully, over and over, until you SEE

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
4I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
5And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only [e]Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.
Nowhere does it say Jesus is God in your post. Jesus was clear-the Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-Its why Paul only named The Father as God-1Cor 8:5-6--And Jesus taught the true worshippers would worship the Father in spirit and truth( John 4:22-24)---only the Father.

Reactions: Mr E

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He emptied/humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
verse 6= Error in your translation. Yes confess he is Lord--not God. Bow in Obeisance to Gods appointed king.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be saying you believe Satan, being more powerful than Christ had the power to make Christ bow down and worship him??? It seems you make this assumption because you don't believe that Christ Jesus, our Lord, is God, manifested in human flesh! That no doubt because you have been brainwashed into believing the lies of JW's doctrine. You have no Saviour if Christ is not God, and as God, He is more powerful than anything on earth or in heaven.
I didn't satan was more powerful. I said he tempted him to try to make him fail. YHWH is the power. YHWH did all the powerful works through Jesus-Acts2:22-1 Cor 8:5-6

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:7 (KJV) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Breathed - puff of air - נָפַח naphach
Breath of life - through the puff of air from God came life - נְשָׁמָה neshamah -
a puff, i.e. wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect. or (concretely) an animal:—blast, (that) breath(-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit. Life - חַי chay (neshamah chay)

From God breathing into man, man possesses a living spirit, together with the body the two are complete living soul.

Soul - נֶפֶשׁ nephesh - properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):—any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, × dead(-ly), desire, × (dis-) contented, × fish, ghost, greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, × jeopardy of) life (× in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, slay, soul, tablet, they, thing, (× she) will, × would have it.

To be a living soul, every living, breathing creature must have a physical body, and spirit that gives the body life, intellect (mind, thoughts, will, emotions) and is the source of life for every part of the body and organs. Together, as long as the breath of life (spirit) remains in the body, they are complete living souls. It is the spirit that departs from man when our body dies, returning to God in heaven. Man's spirit can continue to be a living soul without the body, but the body without the spirit is a corpse. However the spirit of man having the Holy Spirit in them shall never die, so in death, the spirit in man with the Spirit from Christ returns to God a living soul, without a body, but shall be as the angels in heaven a spirit being.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Fish became living souls,( Gen 1:20) you actually think fish have a ghost like being living inside of them?--Lev 17:14--The soul of the flesh is its blood.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had ALL authority in heaven and earth even when He was in human form. Since Jesus had power over every enemy, He could also give His power to His disciples, making the spirits subject unto them. Jesus was given power over ALL flesh!

Luke 10:18-20 (KJV) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

John 17:1-2 (KJV)
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
It takes one greater= Father, to give another the power and authority--Jesus taught--The Father is greater than i.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere does it say Jesus is God in your post. Jesus was clear-the Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-Its why Paul only named The Father as God-1Cor 8:5-6--And Jesus taught the true worshippers would worship the Father in spirit and truth( John 4:22-24)---only the Father.
Blind cannot see

• Love
Reactions: rwb

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fish became living souls,( Gen 1:20) you actually think fish have a ghost like being living inside of them?--Lev 17:14--The soul of the flesh is its blood.

No, but every living breathing creature upon the earth is both body and spirit which equals "living souls".

Leviticus 17:14 (KJVSL) For it is the life נֶפֶשׁ of all flesh בָּשָׂר; the blood דָּם of it is for the life נֶפֶשׁ thereof: therefore I said אָמַר unto the children בֵּן of Israel יִשְׂרָאֵל, Ye shall eat אָכַל the blood דָּם of no manner of flesh בָּשָׂר: for the life נֶפֶשׁ of all flesh בָּשָׂר is the blood דָּם thereof: whosoever eateth אָכַל it shall be cut off כָּרַת.

Life = breathing creature, with mental cognition, an appetite bodily and mental.

The life (breath) of all flesh; the blood of it, for the life (breath) thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life (breath) of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

IOW the breath that gives life to every living creature is through its blood.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
verse 6= Error in your translation. Yes confess he is Lord--not God. Bow in Obeisance to Gods appointed king.
Your ignorance comes from your religion with it's antichrist translation = "the Word was a god"

You have completey failed to recognize the Truth that is in the scriptures you were given.

Unless you come to Christ and bow your knee and heart, confessing HE alone is LORD(YHWH) = without doing this, you will never understand Who the FATHER is.

Here is a clue for you - Isaiah ch45

For thus says the Lord,
Who created the heavens,
Who is God,
Who formed the earth and made it,
Who has established it,
Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited:
“I am the Lord, and there is no other.

“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah and rwb

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but every living breathing creature upon the earth is both body and spirit which equals "living souls".

Leviticus 17:14 (KJVSL) For it is the life נֶפֶשׁ of all flesh בָּשָׂר; the blood דָּם of it is for the life נֶפֶשׁ thereof: therefore I said אָמַר unto the children בֵּן of Israel יִשְׂרָאֵל, Ye shall eat אָכַל the blood דָּם of no manner of flesh בָּשָׂר: for the life נֶפֶשׁ of all flesh בָּשָׂר is the blood דָּם thereof: whosoever eateth אָכַל it shall be cut off כָּרַת.

Life = breathing creature, with mental cognition, an appetite bodily and mental.

The life (breath) of all flesh; the blood of it, for the life (breath) thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life (breath) of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

IOW the breath that gives life to every living creature is through its blood.
Spirit meaning what makes up a person, not a ghost like being living inside of one.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also taught He and the Father are ONE. And that seeing Christ is to see the Father.
Yes, one in purpose, living to do his Fathers will over his own will( John 5:30-Luke 22:42)--As do all true followers who expect to be saved and enter Gods kingdom-Matt 7:21--they become one with them as well.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ignorance comes from your religion with it's antichrist translation = "the Word was a god"

You have completed failed to recognize the Truth that is in the scriptures you were given.

Unless you come to Christ and bow your knee and heart, confessing HE alone is LORD(YHWH) = without doing this, you will never understand Who the FATHER is.

Here is a clue for you - Isaiah ch45

For thus says the Lord,
Who created the heavens,
Who is God,
Who formed the earth and made it,
Who has established it,
Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited:
“I am the Lord, and there is no other.

“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.
20 other translations in history had-a god, 3 had was divine, i had was godlike-- In 1822, A.Kneeland a Greek scholar translated the NT from the same Greek lexicons all used--He compared Greek to English side by side to prove to the world, a god is correct. All of those translations= rejected by trinity clergy's because that single fact proves they are false religions, as does-a house divided, will not stand.
So do the teachings of Jesus and true God worship history, proves them false religion.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit meaning what makes up a person, not a ghost like being living inside of one.

Having a living spirit is to have life, is to be alive! The spirit within man gives them life, that originates from God, and with the body + spirit man is a living soul!

Reactions: Keturah

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 other translations in history had-a god, 3 had was divine, i had was godlike-- In 1822, A.Kneeland a Greek scholar translated the NT from the same Greek lexicons all used--He compared Greek to English side by side to prove to the world, a god is correct. All of those translations= rejected by trinity clergy's because that single fact proves they are false religions, as does-a house divided, will not stand.
So do the teachings of Jesus and true God worship history, proves them false religion.

THE WORD WAS GOD OR THE WORD WAS A GOD

The Greek words kai theos en ho logos are mistranslated as “the Word was a god,” instead of “the Word was God.” This is a distortion of the text as the word “a” is not in the Greek, but was added by the New World Translators to make the Word (Jesus) “a” second “god” who is separate from God the Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.