Collosians 1:15-16

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes its by Jehovah's will that Jesus became savior. God was always savior. Jesus became savior completing his earthly life sinless and dying to pay the ransom sacrifice.
Everything Jesus did was the Fathers will.( Luke 22:42--John 5:30) Which he made his will as well. As do all true followers-Matt 7:21
God is my Savior. His Name is Jesus.

Hosea 13
4 You shall know no God but Me; For there is no Savior besides Me.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hosea 13
Correct that excluded everyone outside of the God/YHWH category.

There is only one Biblical answer to the passage- Christ is God our Savior as stated clearly in Scripture. Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1.

The unitarians view has scripture contradicting itself whereas our view has all scripture in complete harmony.

Reactions: Jack

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hosea 13
There was no savior besides YHWH(Jehovah) in the OT. Jesus was given that right by living a sinless life to pay the ransom for many. If he failed he would not be savior. And it is YHWH(Jehovah) who does all the works through Jesus-Acts 2:22, 1 Cor 8:5-6

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was no savior besides YHWH(Jehovah) in the OT. Jesus was given that right by living a sinless life to pay the ransom for many. If he failed he would not be savior. And it is YHWH(Jehovah) who does all the works through Jesus-Acts 2:22, 1 Cor 8:5-6
Luke 1
47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.

His Name is Jesus!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus has a God--God does not have a God.

"Let US........make man.....in OUR image".

That is 2, with the same "image" who are involved in creating man.

Father God & "the Word was God", ... John 1

"The Word became flesh (virgin born) and dwelt among us."

"""He was in the world, (Jesus) and the WORLD was made through Him, yet the world did not know Him"

= Jesus is "God manifested in the Flesh"

"God is A Spirit"

"Jesus The Christ is THAT Spirit".

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let US........make man.....in OUR image".

That is 2, with the same "image" who are involved in creating man.

Father God & "the Word was God", ... John 1

"The Word became flesh (virgin born) and dwelt among us."

"""He was in the world, (Jesus) and the WORLD was made through Him, yet the world did not know Him"

= Jesus is "God manifested in the Flesh"

"God is A Spirit"

"Jesus The Christ is THAT Spirit".

Let us( YHWH(Jehovah) and his master worker( Prov 8= Jesus)
There is no capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons. The true God called Ho Theos( the God) in the 2nd line, the word called plain Theos(a god)in the last line. Worded like that to show a clear difference of what one was being called. The only word in Greek for God or god is Theos-So when 2 beings are in the same paragraph-The true God is called Ho Theos, the other not being called the true God got plain Theos.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1685487283000.png
@Jack @Christophany

You both amaze me with your cherry picking of verses and dragging them out of their context!

“But I have been the Lord your God ever since you came out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me. Hosea 13:4

So firstly the context is that Yahweh had been Israel's God since the Israelites had lived in Egypt. (Fact 1)

He had also commanded the Israelites not to acknowledge any other gods beside Himself, because He was the only God who could save them (Read Deut 11:28; 32:17; Jeremiah 9:2; 31:34 etc. etc. etc.).

This section is proving how futile it would be if they became idolators for they would be abandoning their only hope of salvation.

So how then is Jesus positioned in the Gospels?

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.” 2 Corinth 1:3-4

Okay, so Jesus has a God and Father.

“Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens in Christ.” Ephesians 1:3 –

Okay, so Jesus has a God and Father.

In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him (God) who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. Hebrew 5:7-8

Okay, so Jesus has a God and Father and One who can save him from death.

So I'm left musing as to what is your issue with Hosea 13:4?

God alone is Savoir, which only proves Jesus was saved from death

Easy really.

F2F

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has a God--God does not have a God.
Should we believe you or Thomas, Jesus' disciple whom Jesus taught personally? You should tell Kingdom Hall they are WRONG!

NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God"!

Reactions: rwb

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible facts show the holy spirit is NOT a living being but Gods active force.
Is Kingdom Hall ever right? Christians believe the Bible not Kingdom Hall.

John 14
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Ephesians 4
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God,

Mark 13
for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah and rwb

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both, actually. :) You sound like George Lucas... :) Jack's posts above are a sampling of relevant Scripture passages that should be more than enough to refute what you say here.

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: rwb

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we believe you or Thomas, Jesus' disciple whom Jesus taught personally? You should tell Kingdom Hall they are WRONG!

Believe Jesus-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--His real teachers do-Coll 1:3, 2 Cor 1:3, Eph 1:3--1 Peter 1:3

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Kingdom Hall ever right? Christians believe the Bible not Kingdom Hall.

John 14
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Ephesians 4
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God,

Mark 13
for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
Father, son and every living being has a personal name--(HS- 0-- Father and son both seen on a throne-- (HS -0--- Many important teachings in NT Father and son-Many--(HS 2-- Father shares things like glory with the son-(HS- 0

The kingdom hall has truth because they have Jesus heading the congregation.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both, actually. :) You sound like George Lucas... :) Jack's posts above are a sampling of relevant Scripture passages that should be more than enough to refute what you say here.

Grace and peace to you.
Catholicisms own encyclopedia says, the majority of NT texts about the HS are not as a living being.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe Jesus-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--His real teachers do-Coll 1:3, 2 Cor 1:3, Eph 1:3--1 Peter 1:3
Do you need permission from Kingdom Hall to quote Scripture? It's not that difficult.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, son and every living being has a personal name--(HS- 0-- Father and son both seen on a throne-- (HS -0--- Many important teachings in NT Father and son-Many--(HS 2-- Father shares things like glory with the son-(HS- 0

The kingdom hall has truth because they have Jesus heading the congregation.
Kingdom Hall has a different Jesus than Christians.

Amen Thomas! Jesus is my Lord and my God too! Even Kingdom Hall got it right! Amazing!

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then why does Scripture tell us that Christ is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world? (Rev 13:8; 17:8) Seems according to promise Christ would not fail to be the Savior of His people, since the Covenant was ordained in heaven at creation, and the promises of God in Him are "yes" and "Amen".

2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV) For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Old Covenant saints were saved by grace through faith in the promised Messiah who would come, in the same way New Covenant saints are saved by grace through faith in the Messiah/Saviour, Christ Jesus our Lord who has come to save His people. For the promises of God cannot be broken, whatsoever He ordains shall by no means fail!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What you call "active force" is the giver of life according to Scripture. Scripture also informs us that only God ALONE gives life. Without what you call an "active force" there would be NO life on earth. Therefore the Holy Spirit is indeed God!

John 6:63 (KJV) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:17 (KJV) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; (spirit) and man became a living soul.

Reactions: Keturah
Status
Not open for further replies.