• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you have listened to this video and perhaps have read the script? No, you know as well as I do that you have not. You owe John MacArthur an apology and more than an apology, You owe God a prayer for forgiveness.
I was responding to mailman's post...I did not see your link to a video. My response was to the 10 or so points he was quoting as McArthur's reasons for rejecting the Sabbath. Those points were as biblically weak as most responses one meets with online.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was responding to mailman's post...I did not see your link to a video. My response was to the 10 or so points he was quoting as McArthur's reasons for rejecting the Sabbath. Those points were as biblically weak as most responses one meets with online.

I respect you, and apologise. I think I was responding to the wrong post. Very sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where Jesus or the apostle Paul commands the Church/the body of Christ to keep the sabbath day in the New Testament and condemns those for failing to do so.
Show us, please, where the Bible says that everything authoritative in the Old Testament has to be repeated in the New.

All of these mental gymnastics will be counted against those who set about manufacturing loopholes to minimalize and spiritualize away obedience to God. God will not be mocked. Justification by faith will not save those who practice and teach that the sins which cost the life of God's dear Son can be committed without consequence.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always comes around to name-calling and false accusations from those who hate God's law.

Justification by faith will not save those who practice and teach that the sins which cost the life of God's dear Son can be committed without consequence.
Typical straw man argument made by those who pervert the gospel by teaching “salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works” and view themselves as “holier than thou.” I hear your same straw man argument constantly from SDA’s and Armstrongites.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If those are John McArthur's reasons for rejecting the authority of Jesus, then I've lost any resoect I had for him. I thought he was a Christian who at least tried to base his beliefs in scripture. But there are so many holes in his arguments above I could drive my bus through them. And to be honest, those arguments have been refuted so many times before, I'm over it. They are simply inventions and convenient excuses for cleaning to a false tradition. Some of his points above are downright lies.

Now I can say what I have been showing the past month or so, point for point, against John MacArthur's overall Sabbath-philosophies, that, to put it mildly, he, like every and all other Sunday protagonists, is completely inconsistent.
Here we have two good examples with which to show JMA's inconsistencies. The video I gave the URL for scarcely have an error in it; while the list here supplied scarcely has anything true or correct in it.
But that must be so with everybody and every Sunday remonstrance because it LACKS SCRIPTURE and, is against Jesus' RESURRECTION ON THE WEEKLY SABBATH DAY. Which two reasons are the sum-total of any argument I have ever raised against Sunday, or, for the Sabbath of the Lord God, OR, AGAINST THE SABBATH BY REASON OF THE LAW for that matter.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical straw man argument made by those who pervert the gospel by teaching “salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works” and view themselves as “holier than thou.” I hear your same straw man argument constantly from SDA’s and Armstrongites.
Speaking of a "straw man" (which I don't see how you got from what I said), who claimed to be holier than anyone else? All my righteousness is as filthy rags and I know it. It is God Who works in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure. You don't believe in sanctification?

1Th 4:3 KJV For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

Well, whaddya know? He even defines it as abstaining from sin.

While we're on the subject of logical fallacies, how about your 'comes from SDAs or Armstrongites' so it must be bad? That's called the "genetic fallacy."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I can say what I have been showing the past month or so, point for point, against John MacArthur's overall Sabbath-philosophies, that, to put it mildly, he, like every and all other Sunday protagonists, is completely inconsistent.
Here we have two good examples with which to show JMA's inconsistencies. The video I gave the URL for scarcely have an error in it; while the list here supplied scarcely has anything true or correct in it.
But that must be so with everybody and every Sunday remonstrance because it LACKS SCRIPTURE and, is against Jesus' RESURRECTION ON THE WEEKLY SABBATH DAY. Which two reasons are the sum-total of any argument I have ever raised against Sunday, or, for the Sabbath of the Lord God, OR, AGAINST THE SABBATH BY REASON OF THE LAW for that matter.
Why don't you start a "Resurrection On Sabbath" thread? It's off-topic here. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where Jesus or the apostle Paul commands the Church/the body of Christ to keep the sabbath day in the New Testament and condemns those for failing to do so.
Show us, please, where the Bible says that everything authoritative in the Old Testament has to be repeated in the New.

Oh, and wouldn't the Apostle John or Peter be good enough for you or don't you believe that all Scripture is inspired?

See, unbelief happens in stages, first you toss the Sabbath, then all 10 of the commandments, then all of the OT, then everything but Jesus and Paul, then Jesus, too, until you have nothing left but vain philosophy, if any interest at all.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of a "straw man" (which I don't see how you got from what I said), who claimed to be holier than anyone else? All my righteousness is as filthy rags and I know it. It is God Who works in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure. You don't believe in sanctification?

1Th 4:3 KJV For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

Well, whaddya know? He even defines it as abstaining from sin.

While we're on the subject of logical fallacies, how about your 'comes from SDAs or Armstrongites' so it must be bad? That's called the "genetic fallacy."
I often hear people say one thing out of one side of their mouth and then something else out of the other side of their mouth. Yes I know the difference between justification and sanctification and sadly, I’ve witnessed too many people over the years abuse sanctification and turn it into “type 2 works salvation.” Who said anything about promoting fornication? Now do you teach sinless perfection?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often hear people say one thing out of one side of their mouth and then something else out of the other side of their mouth. Yes I know the difference between justification and sanctification and sadly, I’ve witnessed too many people over the years abuse sanctification and turn it into “type 2 works salvation.” Who said anything about promoting fornication? Now do you teach sinless perfection?
Now you're just imagining stuff. Why not respond directly?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old and new covenants do not mix and we learn this in the parable of the wine skins.
Thanks again for the non-answer. How's your buddy Bob S doing? Noticed he hasn't been posting. Shame. He was one of the most blusterous, obnoxious Sabbath/Adventist-haters I've ever encountered.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to that but how many consider Him....

Only those of whom the Father has given to Christ . . .

John 6:37 KJV - "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Now, if we would do our part and begin spreading the good Word instead of arguing with each other, here . . . well, that would be wise.

Reactions: mjrhealth