• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I believe they had an acquaintance with the concept of good and evil (eat; don't eat), and that after eating the fruit of the tree they had a more intimate knowledge of it.

Acquaintance with the concept of good and evil? Hmmm...

<<<eat;don’t eat>>>

Such is amoral, is it not?

Besides, if one considers the commandment to not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, such belief could not be implied nor inferred in it. However, what it implies is that they do not have such knowledge, and that if and when they eat of it, they would have such knowledge.

Tong
R1361

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:24)

The passage you quoted does not support what you say the character of God is, that is, “selfless, other-centered love”.

The Son is not some “other” or different being.

Tong
R1362

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yes, it is. An abbreviated one.
To me, love is a characteristic of God and so of the children of God. And so to me, regarding the child of God, loving God supremely and neighbor as himself, more than it may well be a code, is the manifestation of such character, the fruit of it, so to speak.

Tong
R1363

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Funny how keeping the law does not make on His disciple.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yes.

Yes, but he is not bound by their constraints. He created them. He cooperates with them voluntarily.
I agree that laws were created by God. And that said, before any law was ever created, there was no law. So that, it could not be said that there was law before all creation. As such too then, God is correctly not bound by anything, much less some law He created. His cooperation with the laws He created is not that He is bounded by it or that He could be bound by it, but that such perceived cooperation is due to the character of God. Besides, whatever law that God created, is not for Him to be bounded by it, but were made for His purpose/s, to His glory.

Tong
R1364

Reactions: mjrhealth

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I don't know. That's why I stated it the way they did.

So you don’t know. That is basically because nowhere in scriptures can one read about that, even about the belief that the Edenic pair were given the ten commandments (be it before or after the fall). So that, nothing could be concluded on the matter of whether the ten commandments were given and binding to to mankind from the very start of the creation of mankind, more so, before the transgression of Adam.

Tong
R1365

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It would be better to ask God what He meant when He said it. They are not my words.

Pardon me, but “It is impossible for sin to exist when there is no law” are your words, not God’s. And it is correct to ask you, not God, what you meant by that and why you say that, when you say you agree that Romans 4:15 does not mean to say that for sin to exist there must be a law given.

Tong
R1366

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you don’t know. That is basically because nowhere in scriptures can one read about that, even about the belief that the Edenic pair were given the ten commandments (be it before or after the fall). So that, nothing could be concluded on the matter of whether the ten commandments were given and binding to to mankind from the very start of the creation of mankind, more so, before the transgression of Adam.

Tong
R1365
Actually it can be,

[ISV] John 1:17
For while the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.*x

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Born again man are not slaves, unless they turn and choose once again to serve sin. Pre-conversion man, when convicted by the Holy Ghost, receive grace to freely choose whether to serve God or serve Him not.
According to you, the born again man are not slaves, but the scriptures says otherwise and speaks of them in such figure.

Romans 6:18 having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God,......

So, how does that affect the “freedom of choice” of those figured to be slaves of sin and of those slaves of righteousness?

In the figure of being slaves, either of sin or of righteousness, such slave figure makes the “freedom of choice” of both somewhat curtailed, limited or restricted, is it not?

Tong
R1367

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Actually it can be,

[ISV] John 1:17
For while the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.*x
Please show how with that passage it could be concluded that the ten commandments were given and binding to mankind from the very start of the creation of mankind, more so, before the transgression of Adam.

Tong
R1368

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to you, the born again man are not slaves, but the scriptures says otherwise and speaks of them in such figure.

Romans 6:18 having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God,......

So, how does that affect the “freedom of choice” of those figured to be slaves of sin and of those slaves of righteousness?

In the figure of being slaves, either of sin or of righteousness, such slave figure makes the “freedom of choice” of both somewhat curtailed, limited or restricted, is it not?

Tong
R1367
No, it doesn't. You choose whom you serve.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
No, it doesn't. You choose whom you serve.

<<<No, it doesn’t.>>>

So you don’t agree that a slave’s “freedom of choice” is somewhat curtailed, limited, or restricted. Well,..... then, with regards the “freedom of choice”, how does a slave differ from a non slave or a freeman?

Would you say you have been set free from sin? If so, can you kindly tell us how you have been set free from sin and who had set you free?

When scriptures say that one have been set free from sin, what do you understand by that? When one is not yet set free from sin, what do you say is his standing with regards to sin?

<<<You choose whom you serve>>>

Please clarify who the you are you referring to in your statement. Is it anybody or is it to christians only?

Tong
R1369

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Tong2020

You have done exactly what you always do: Twist the Scriptures; and twist the words of your brethren. I will not go to the trouble of correcting your barrage of false assumptions and representations to serve the purpose of your endless entertainment.

Fool me once; shame on you.
Fool me twice; shame on me.

Our discussion is over.

I would appreciate if you would kindly cease and desist in flooding the thread with your contentious spam.

In other words, please go and satiate your lust for trolling somewhere else.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@Tong2020

You have done exactly what you always do: Twist the Scriptures; and twist the words of your brethren. I will not go to the trouble of correcting your barrage of false assumptions and representations to serve the purpose of your endless entertainment.

Fool me once; shame on you.
Fool me twice; shame on me.

Our discussion is over.

I would appreciate if you would kindly cease and desist in flooding the thread with your contentious spam.

In other words, please go and satiate your lust for trolling somewhere else.
I am going to ignore whatever baseless things you say here. They are uncalled for in a christian forum. Such are but empty words, unprofitable, and worthless, if I may say so.

By the way, are you the authority who could judge and prevent me or anybody for that matter from participating in any forum here? If so, then I'll respect your judgment and resolve.

Tong
R1370

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please show how with that passage it could be concluded that the ten commandments were given and binding to mankind from the very start of the creation of mankind, more so, before the transgression of Adam.

Tong
R1368
Never said it was im showing that it wasnt, no argument to be found.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the Commandments of God...ie the "Law", specifically the decalogue... Have been done away with for those in Christ, why is it that the dragon, aka Satan, passes by all those who don't care about obedience to God's Commandments, and directs his warfare against those that do??
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BarneyFife

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the Commandments of God...ie the "Law", specifically the decalogue... Have been fine away with for those in Christ, why is it that the dragon, aka Satan, passes by all those who don't care about obedience to God's Commandments, and directs his warfare against those that do??
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
that puts it into perspective!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sophistry with which the Dragon has turned God's Law into an abominable thing among many claiming to be followers of Jesus is indicative of his influence over those who step into enchanted ground.

Just as he spun God's words to Eve in Eden so now he uses scripture for the same deception.....the deception which will culminate as the last great battle on Earth.

Revelation 14:12..... 'Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.'

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the Commandments of God...ie the "Law", specifically the decalogue... Have been fine away with for those in Christ, why is it that the dragon, aka Satan, passes by all those who don't care about obedience to God's Commandments, and directs his warfare against those that do??
hes already got you captive by the law, and through your disobedience, why would he care the trap was set and you are in it.,