• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've read all the "bits," so you could just be nice and get off your high horse for a while.

According to the Bible, I don't have much choice. So it doesn't really matter what I would rather do.
Actually you do, its grace by faith. I dont own a horse Im sorry, but if pointing men to Christ and His works is wrong, and upsets so many, well I guess heaven will be a very empty place. Made your choice leave you and your mates with it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, but I have no idea of what this all means. You must be responding to someone other than myself. :)
lol...I'm responding to you 2ndTG :)....particularly this section of your quote #71

What comes after the written Law upon tablets of stone are Spiritual Laws that will be written upon the tablets of our Hearts. These Spiritual Laws are Effectual. The Indwelling Holy Spirit Causes a person to be a specific way. Therefore, the Laws are essentially the same . . . thou shalt not kill, etc. It's just the these Spiritual Laws have the Power to convict . . . the specific Laws are the Power to Save. This is the Work of Christ.

What makes these teachings exciting is that they all point back to the Spiritual Circumcision of Abraham, and how the Covenant made with Him is the same Covenant that if fulfilled in Christ, beginning with the Day of Pentecost, where the outpouring of the Spirit meant an end to the Written Law. Once Christ died and issued the Holy Spirit to the masses, the Law of Moses completed its purpose.

Power to convict of sin has never waned....it is always the Spirit who does this....from Creation. Adam hid himself after he disobeyed. Who do you think told him he was out of order?

After 400 yrs of being brutalised by the Egyptians the Israelites had little direction, they were if you like, suffering from PTSD.
For the majority, their sense of direction was largely informed by the Egyptian influences around them. They were so stunted that even after witnessing the plagues on Egypt, even after going through the Red Sea on dry land they were recalcitrant......so God spelled the principles of life out for them not only amidst thunder and flame verbally but also wrote them on stone.

When we use the expression 'written on stone' what do think that might mean? does it mean its a bad thing or does it mean it does not alter?

An interesting aside; have you ever wondered about the nature of the stone the first issue was?
Could it have been Lapis Lazuli (Sapphire) from the foundation of God's throne spoken of in Exodus 24:10.....but as I said, that's an aside.

Any attempt to diminish the Decalogue, any attempt to lessen its claims either by misrepresentation or decoy by labelling it 'ordinances' or 'law of Moses' or by 'written on your heart' ......for the ultimate purpose of nullifying them is treading on dangerous ground.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But thats exactly what you are doing... really reallly
Then I must be insane because I sincerely believe nothing could be further from the truth. Even the good works that I do are tainted with selfishness. All my righteousness are as filthy rags. Somehow God sees through this to my heart and judges whether it's safe to save me and that I won't start or support a 2nd rebellion. Again, I can't help it if you don't understand judgment. Maybe I should start a thread on that. :D

Reactions: ChristisGod

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NLT - "Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him."

We have been given the Power to please God Himself. How? The disabling Curse of Adam and Eve must be lifted. Once this is done, we are empowered by the life-giving Spirit to do each thing that our new and Heavenly Father desires that we would do. Therefore, when Paul urges us to work hard to show the results of our Salvation, he is basically saying that if we do not work hard, it means that we do not possess the Holy Spirit. If we are working hard, we are saved, lest our Hearts prove us to be liars.

Reactions: BarneyFife

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol...I'm responding to you 2ndTG :)....particularly this section of your quote #71

Power to convict of sin has never waned....it is always the Spirit who does this....from Creation. Adam hid himself after he disobeyed. Who do you think told him he was out of order?

After 400 yrs of being brutalised by the Egyptians the Israelites had little direction, they were if you like, suffering from PTSD.
For the majority, their sense of direction was largely informed by the Egyptian influences around them. They were so stunted that even after witnessing the plagues on Egypt, even after going through the Red Sea on dry land they were recalcitrant......so God spelled the principles of life out for them not only amidst thunder and flame verbally but also wrote them on stone.

When we use the expression 'written on stone' what do think that might mean? does it mean its a bad thing or does it mean it does not alter?

An interesting aside; have you ever wondered about the nature of the stone the first issue was?
Could it have been Lapis Lazuli (Sapphire) from the foundation of God's throne spoken of in Exodus 24:10.....but as I said, that's an aside.

Any attempt to diminish the Decalogue, any attempt to lessen its claims either by misrepresentation or decoy by labelling it 'ordinances' or 'law of Moses' or by 'written on your heart' ......for the ultimate purpose of nullifying them is treading on dangerous ground.

So sorry, but I have no idea of what you're going on about. :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then I must be insane because I sincerely believe nothing could be further from the truth. Even the good works that I do are tainted with selfishness. All my righteousness are as filthy rags. Somehow God sees through this to my heart and judges whether it's safe to save me and that I won't start or support a 2nd rebellion. Again, I can't help it if you don't understand judgment. Maybe I should start a thread on that. :D
I guess it is you who dont, if you are saved, by grace through faith, what purpose does it serve God to judge you a second time, that would make Him a hypocrit would it not, but like I said men serve their religions and their doctrines, you could leave and run to Him, but that may come down to, "When I return will I find faith upon the earth: its severly lacking.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it is you who dont, if you are saved, by grace through faith, what purpose does it serve God to judge you a second time, that would make Him a hypocrit would it not, but like I said men serve their religions and their doctrines, you could leave and run to Him, but that may come down to, "When I return will I find faith upon the earth: its severly lacking.
can you point to where he denies salvation is by grace through faith as per Ephesians 2:8-10 ?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you point to where he denies salvation is by grace through faith as per Ephesians 2:8-10 ?
No, he can't, because he's too busy spewing the barbs of his religion-hating agenda. Thanks for your support. :) He just turned on me like a cat when I started this thread. Something just snapped. We were getting on fine before.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, he can't, because he's too busy spewing the barbs of his religion-hating agenda. Thanks for your support. :) He just turned on me like a cat when I started this thread. Something just snapped. We were getting on fine before.
Why are you so upset, al lI did was mention Jesus, its what happens when religion gets in the way. But than truly this may be that final call, religion hass nothing to do with Jesus and one day when its too late men will find out, thats all men seem to promote "My religion is better than Yours", whatever Happened to Jesus.

@Christophany when a man is hoping to be judged by his works, than there is no grace by faith, its one or teh other. But Ill leave him be, lik so many chose teh path he will walk

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so upset
And I'll leave you to your delusions as to my state of mind. Why would I be upset over remarks that serve no other purpose than to bitterly discourage fellowship? Everyone sees it for what it is. "Jesus" is just a word you toss around like a club for injuring people. If that is your "Jesus" you may have it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why are you so upset, al lI did was mention Jesus, its what happens when religion gets in the way. But than truly this may be that final call, religion hass nothing to do with Jesus and one day when its too late men will find out, thats all men seem to promote "My religion is better than Yours", whatever Happened to Jesus.

@Christophany when a man is hoping to be judged by his works, than there is no grace by faith, its one or teh other. But Ill leave him be, lik so many chose teh path he will walk
the shades self righteousness presents in is not difficult to recognise

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the shades self righteousness presents in is not difficult to recognise
Funny all I mention is Christ, how so there fore may that be, He seems to upset everyone, mostly chritsians,, but than I guess few will follow after Himm,, of that He made it quiet clear. Men prefer there religion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny all I mention is Christ, how so there fore may that be, He seems to upset everyone, mostly chritsians,, but than I guess few will follow after Himm,, of that He made it quiet clear. Men prefer there religion.
How few are the few? Less than the 10 for Abraham?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (Matthew 5:17)

Either Jesus and Paul are contradicting each other (not possible) or one of these passages is being misinterpreted (and I don't think it's the simple one in Matthew).

What do you think of this?

2 Peter 3
15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Well I agree you are misunderstanding what Jesus said! Jesus did not destroy the law, but fulfill it. And if something is fulfilled it is no longer in effect as "pleroo" means!

And given the culture of that day (not ours) yes many Jews had a real hard time understanding Pauls message, just like the legalists of today have a hard time understanding Pauls message.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have muddled the context in order to give yourself permission to dismiss the Decalogue unaware or unwilling to be aware that the Laws written in the heart of the regenerate man are not in conflict with the Laws written on stone.

The regenerate man is desirous in keeping God's Commandments...not opposed to them!

I never said that the laws God has placed in my heart are in conflict with anything! That is you making a false assumption. If you read my posts you would know what I have said.

I am not "dismissing" teh decalogue- I am saying it has waxed old and has been fulfilled and that we are under the law of teh Spirit and not under the law written in stone which ministers death!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not "dismissing" teh decalogue- I am saying it has waxed old and has been fulfilled and that we are under the law of teh Spirit and not under the law written in stone which ministers death!
is that like saying, 'yeah well, I love my wife but I'll divorce her'?