Come to Worship the Lord in Jerusalem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thank you for the reply. Considering what you shared. Might take a couple days...
Romans 13:14 Lexicon: But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.
Galatians 3:27 Lexicon: For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

would be the obv refs here i guess? so, try and argue the immortality point from here imo, one of these, and let's see what happens maybe :)
and do this, understanding the present time. (zing)
if we are "heirs according to the promise," then what is the promise?
etc

become an immortal today imo

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The scriptures must be discerned spiritually. Which you are not doing, but are taking them literally, or as the world does, which they count as foolishness because they lack understanding.

But what you are doing is worse than they are doing. You are without excuse.

You claim to have knowledge, but unlike the disciples you do not ask, but have begun to preach and teach without knowing the meaning of the words yourself. For the words He spoke, He only spoke in parables, that reading and hearing you would not understand, and seeing you would not perceive. But here you are quoting the written words like the lawyers and Pharisees who never knew Him.

Matthew 23:13
But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in... Therefore you will receive greater condemnation."
If you object to something I have posted; then address it.
DON'T shoot the messenger!

What the scriptures say counts as foolishness, is to allegorize, spiritualize or to assign the prophesies to history.
We are told of events plainly yet to happen, things that can literally happen; to not take note of and be prepared for them, isn't how we Christians should be. 2 Thessalonians 5:4-11

B

brakelite

ppl do all manner of things to put themselves in the place of the perceived winners, bl, ignoring the place they have chosen to sit and the pits they dig for others to fall into in the process i guess. Imo seek an interp that is valid today, and see the Great Tribulation that any soul must endure to walk the narrow path, imo

but will things be diff tomorrow than they are today? will something new come into the world, tomorrow?
Certainly it might--to those who have never seen it!
Sure, we must all go through certain hardships and trials in order to grow and mature. And Jesus and the apostles addressed those things freque ntly, and in no uncertain terms. Christianity was never meant to be easy... It is a type of warfare, principally against self. But also against principalities and powers of darkness. There is a war going on which if our eyes were opened, would terrify us. And our minds are the prize.
But with all that said, please do not dismiss the future reality of the coming tribulation that shall descend upon all who stubbornly refuse to surrender their whole hearts and minds to Jesus. Any hopes of an earthly Utopia or millennial kingdom on earth is a false hope. This earth is heading for a major meltdown... The sheep and goats are now being divided... When Christ does return physically, visibly, noisily, with great fanfare and the resurrection and realisation of all the hoped of past Christian humanity fulfilled, to be taken home at last, this planet will be left a vast war cemetery where the dead shall not be buried, or missed.
Time is soon coming when the angels of God shall gather together all the harvest of the earth... For both sides in the conflict between Christ and Satan are ripening. Revelation 14, though couched in figurative language, reveals a reality that is imminent. The"sure word of prophecy" does not lie.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you object to something I have posted; then address it.
DON'T shoot the messenger!

What the scriptures say counts as foolishness, is to allegorize, spiritualize or to assign the prophesies to history.
We are told of events plainly yet to happen, things that can literally happen; to not take note of and be prepared for them, isn't how we Christians should be. 2 Thessalonians 5:4-11
Oh, no, I'm not shooting - I'm shooting back.

You shot first, with your anti-spirit (anti-God) preaching the alternate parable version of the scriptures as if the object was the subject thereof. It's not, and therefore you do a disservice.

And the irony...(1) Thessalonians 5:4-11 explains how we should no longer be following the dark and dead things of the world, but walking in the light - of the spirit. Which you will apparently have no part of, and prefer that which was finished at the cross (He who has an ear to hear, let him hear), holding to the beggarly elements of the world which once were written on tablets, but now in the hearts of those who will receive it in spirit.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says to Israel in the last days==
And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
Ezekiel 37:21-28

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This subject is a thread diversion.
No one becomes immortal before the Book of Life is opened, at the Great White Throne Judgement. Revelation 20:11-15
there is only One Immortal, and there are none whatsoever in that passage that you take to be future world history although it is not wadr. Your preoccupation with the Revelation of Christ crowbarred into a bad frame is not unusual, but it is a sign imo.

i guess it is marginally acceptable to allow you to post your fears here, as they are apparently shared by many, but personally i would have to insist that you accept the fact that these are an indication that you need counselling to allay your fears, and imo it is a sin to even allow you to post in the manner that you do without some kind of qualification; yelling fire in a crowded theatre would be a relevant analogy here imo.

imo you have read some Rev in the wrong frame of mind, and now imagine a tomorrow that fills you with fear, exactly what the Book is meant to reveal in us, see. If you do not change your mind, all of your worst fears will manifest, only they will not be accomplished upon these "others" that you perceive yourself to be separate from, and i can demonstrate this quite easily from Scripture if you like.

i'm not disagreeing that things will be diff tomorrow than today, but i am disagreeing that your interpretation of prophecy is what will come to pass for the world, even if i do appreciate your being allowed to express it here, that your true beliefs might be exposed. Now, if you can figure out whether i would prefer that you be allowed to post here or not, i would appreciate it if you could tell me, bc i don't even know that :)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But with all that said, please do not dismiss the future reality of the coming tribulation that shall descend upon all who stubbornly refuse to surrender their whole hearts and minds to Jesus.
i'm sorry, but wadr this does not reflect the revelation of Christ imo, nor the Great Tribulation, except from the perspective of the world, note the many who likely agree with the perspective? So please do not dismiss the present reality that when you say "future reality" i am being alerted to a significant departure from Scripture wadr
Any hopes of an earthly Utopia or millennial kingdom on earth is a false hope. This earth is heading for a major meltdown...
yesyes, the sky is surely falling--tomorrow of course--oh woe is you, doom, despair, and agony, etc, etc., got it

The earth is going to be just fine ok, life is so vastly better now by any measure you could think of that it is ridiculous to even have to confront your notions on a "Christian" forum, don't you think? I mean can you produce a single metric that contrasts what i have just said (again) there in bold? You would be the first fwiw

but fwiw all of your worst fears are still going to manifest for you;
God will give you the desires of your heart, and i agree that...something is headed for a "major meltdown,"
only imo you are going to be unpleasantly surprised what that is, bl.
strictly my opinion, ok bl, but i mean look at your company bro

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now, if you can figure out whether i would prefer that you be allowed to post here or not, i would appreciate it if you could tell me, bc i don't even know that
Why should I even bother to reply to your convoluted and weird posts?
Am I allowed to post Bible truths? It is noted that you never support your opinions with scripture.

FYI, I look forward with great anticipation to the future, when God will reset our civilization and His faithful people will be blessed by Him. Romans 8:18

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
man oh man, all these end time topic. the heat must be getting hotter.
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" is quite appropriate.

As to the title, it applies to redeemed and restored Israel, and the surrounding saved nations on earth AFTER the second coming of Christ. It has no bearing on the Church, whose eternal home is the New Jerusalem.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why should I even bother to reply to your convoluted and weird posts?
i know, huh?
Am I allowed to post Bible truths?
well i guess that is for you to decide, Keraz; imo that is not even possible.
i don't think you can state a single Absolute Truth from Scripture.
It is noted that you never support your opinions with scripture.
i guess i will be known soon enough, Scripture is sure good for that huh
FYI, I look forward with great anticipation to the future, when God will reset our civilization and His faithful people will be blessed by Him. Romans 8:18
His faithful are blessed acomin in anda goin out already bro, and today is the day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Am I allowed to post Bible truths?
when you ask this about "Bible truths," see, you are making implications that you cannot back up imo,
namely that a true statement might be "I can post Bible truths" right
but you are certainly allowed to try i guess :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course. Bible truths are divine truths and spiritual truths.
i've been wondering if someone would ever point this out, this apparent truth.
i don't disagree that they exist, but that their nature is such that they can't be uttered?
ya

2he who says he knows anything does not yet know it as he ought

B

brakelite

life is so vastly better now by any measure you could think of
Revl.3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

I do not post this quote as a personal attack against you...but it is a very fair assessment regarding todays church. Our measure that you speak of does not come from a metric table or graph devised by Time Magazine or Womens Day.

Revel. 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
Revel.11:1 ¶ And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:

God is now judginh His people, for judgement begins in the house of God. This judgement has been in progress for some time, because when Jesus comes in power with the glory of all the angels and the Father, decisions have been made...destinies decided...sheep and goats separated...
Our view of the planet and so-called standard of living is rather tainted by our bank accounts and creature comfort. Such things are entirely delusional. Only God's measure and judgement is valid.

but fwiw all of your worst fears are still going to manifest for you;
God will give you the desires of your heart, and i agree that...something is headed for a "major meltdown,"
I have faith and no fears. MY understanding of the future is based on a spiritual appreciation of the past, and how God has dealt with mankind in history, and how I understand His plans for mankind in the future. He has made known His purposes. He does nothing in secret. Prophecy is more reliable and more certain even that a personal appearance from an angel or even a vision of God Himself. Yet He promises protection. The experience of Israel in Egypt is our example. Simply give that a global application. The gods of this world will be revealed for what they are, just as the Egyptians discovered regarding their own. Hence the sun being darkened etc.

only imo you are going to be unpleasantly surprised what that is, bl.
Of that I have no doubt. We are all going to be very surprised...nothing our imagination can prepare us for the coming crisis. Therefore placing any trust in any worldly institution such as government or church...trusting in self or "progress", or present realities...is also delusional.

i mean just try and state one of these 'spiritual truths.' go head
Am 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Our measure that you speak of does not come from a metric table or graph devised by Time Magazine or Womens Day.
this is funny on multiple levels bc they, the MSM, certainly do not print much good news of that nature anyway #1 right, bc then who would buy guns and bomb shelters and sit still for the nation's treasury being pissed away on bombs, and B i can take our measure from Is the Sky Falling in America right here on this site i guess
God is now judginh His people
22the Father judges no one, bl