Communion vs Holy Communion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have to ask...what is the "Quantrill " Stranger?
I've seen you use it a few times, but I am ignorant to it's meaning?
Is it a foreign word?

Thanks....H
Hi BG,

Maybe @Stranger identifies with WILLIAM QUANTRILL and his Raiders??? I wonder if that is the Quantrill he likens himself to???

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/mo-quantrill/

If so, Quantrill was truly a HORRIBLE person and pro slavery, just like @Stranger is.

But only @Stranger can confirm or deny my supposition. I look forward to his response.

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi BG,

Maybe @Stranger identifies with WILLIAM QUANTRILL and his Raiders??? I wonder if that is the Quantrill he likens himself to???

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/mo-quantrill/

If so, Quantrill was truly a HORRIBLE person and pro slavery, just like @Stranger is.

But only @Stranger can confirm or deny my supposition. I look forward to his response.

Mary

Why do you look forward to my response?

There are plenty of men who wore the gray that I have a lot of respect for. Quantrill is one of them. I also fly the stars and bars, sing Dixie etc. etc.

You disapprove.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you look forward to my response?

There are plenty of men who wore the gray that I have a lot of respect for. Quantrill is one of them. I also fly the stars and bars, sing Dixie etc. etc.

You disapprove.

Stranger
I looked forward to your response because I had a supposition that only you can confirm or deny....No one else. Should I have looked forward to someone else's response??? o_O

I disapprove of respecting a man who has been called one of the psychopathic killers in American history, stole from his fellow citizens (subsequently kicked out of the town) and ordered/participated in the burning, looting and killing of the citizens of Lawrence Kansas.

Other than that....He was a great guy. Someone to respect FOR SURE. ;)

But I digress....I wonder if he believed in Communion or Holy Communion.

Historical Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked forward to your response because I had a supposition that only you can confirm or deny....No one else. Should I have looked forward to someone else's response??? o_O

I disapprove of respecting a man who has been called one of the psychopathic killers in American history, stole from his fellow citizens (subsequently kicked out of the town) and ordered/participated in the burning, looting and killing of the citizens of Lawrence Kansas.

Other than that....He was a great guy. Someone to respect FOR SURE. ;)

But I digress....I wonder if he believed in Communion or Holy Communion.

Historical Mary

Quite Contrary, Mary.

You could have always addressed me directly instead of through a third party. Have I ever refused your questions?

I have not spoken to you for awhile. If I remember right, you're a history teacher. Correct? And I sense you are indoctrinated with the common hate filled anger against the Southern people and their cause that most Northerners and politically correct people are.

I read your words in 'bold', and how terrible they sounded. I thought for a moment you were talking about Sherman and Sheridan. But of course, we know, they would never have done such a thing. My mistake.

Concerning Quantrill, what do you really know save what you have produced of internet links? Have you ever really studied it yourself? Of course not. Else you wouldn't say what you have said.

Yes, I have the greatest respect for Quantrill and many others who wore the gray. And your ignorance of them and that war in general will not change it. If you have information that proves your non-ignorance, then I will listen to it.

If you feel bad about being out of topic, start another on this subject. I will gladly respond. Or would you like me to? Either way. If I don't hear back from you, I will start it myself. As I hate for you to be confused, when you are, I think, a teacher.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite Contrary, Mary.

You could have always addressed me directly instead of through a third party. Have I ever refused your questions?

I have not spoken to you for awhile. If I remember right, you're a history teacher. Correct? And I sense you are indoctrinated with the common hate filled anger against the Southern people and their cause that most Northerners and politically correct people are.

I read your words in 'bold', and how terrible they sounded. I thought for a moment you were talking about Sherman and Sheridan. But of course, we know, they would never have done such a thing. My mistake.

Concerning Quantrill, what do you really know save what you have produced of internet links? Have you ever really studied it yourself? Of course not. Else you wouldn't say what you have said.

Yes, I have the greatest respect for Quantrill and many others who wore the gray. And your ignorance of them and that war in general will not change it. If you have information that proves your non-ignorance, then I will listen to it.

If you feel bad about being out of topic, start another on this subject. I will gladly respond. Or would you like me to? Either way. If I don't hear back from you, I will start it myself. As I hate for you to be confused, when you are, I think, a teacher.

Stranger
Love the rime (contrary/Mary)

I directly addressed you. Notice how I included you in my response???? After all, you did respond so you must have gotten the message FIRST HAND not via a third party. Or was my post forwarded to you and brought to your attention that way?? ;)

You would be wrong about the hate filled anger and correct about the history teacher (retired). Good memory. I believe those who support slavery support a form of hate.

Lol.....nope. Not talking about Sherman or Sheridan. You were right. It was your mistake. Many of which you make on this forum. We are talking about YOUR hero, Quantrill. But I see you prefer to point to others bad behavior instead of acknowledging the behavior of your hero. :(

My ignorance of the war??? LOL..... I taught many young minds about that war. Who have you taught about it??? Yourself??? There were bad people on both sides HOWEVER you are scared to talk about the bad things the bad people did on your side......the pro-slavery side. Instead you want to point fingers at the other bad people. By pointing fingers at other bad people that makes Quantrill and angel???

I don't feel bad for being out of topic. How do you surmise that??? I suspect it is because you don't know the meaning of the word DIGRESS. You should look up the word digress.....ahhh heck...I will help you: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/digress

But I digress........
I wonder if Quantrill believed in Communion or Holy Communion (the topic of this thread).

I look forward to your invitation to talk about the war, Quantrill and your ilk on another forum. I will search for it or you could just let me know where it is.

Mary

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    95 bytes · Views: 0

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love the rime (contrary/Mary)

I directly addressed you. Notice how I included you in my response???? After all, you did respond so you must have gotten the message FIRST HAND not via a third party. Or was my post forwarded to you and brought to your attention that way?? ;)

You would be wrong about the hate filled anger and correct about the history teacher (retired). Good memory. I believe those who support slavery support a form of hate.

Lol.....nope. Not talking about Sherman or Sheridan. You were right. It was your mistake. Many of which you make on this forum. We are talking about YOUR hero, Quantrill. But I see you prefer to point to others bad behavior instead of acknowledging the behavior of your hero. :(

My ignorance of the war??? LOL..... I taught many young minds about that war. Who have you taught about it??? Yourself??? There were bad people on both sides HOWEVER you are scared to talk about the bad things the bad people did on your side......the pro-slavery side. Instead you want to point fingers at the other bad people. By pointing fingers at other bad people that makes Quantrill and angel???

I don't feel bad for being out of topic. How do you surmise that??? I suspect it is because you don't know the meaning of the word DIGRESS. You should look up the word digress.....ahhh heck...I will help you: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/digress

But I digress........
I wonder if Quantrill believed in Communion or Holy Communion (the topic of this thread).

I look forward to your invitation to talk about the war, Quantrill and your ilk on another forum. I will search for it or you could just let me know where it is.

Mary

It is catchy.

I like to point out the hypocrisy of those such as you, who condemn Quantrill yet glorify your yankees. It's not hard as you will see if you stay with it. Will you? In other words, if you're going to condemn Quantrill, then your yankees must be different. Correct? Or are you scared of that, and that is why you must try and say it is only about Quantrill and not any other. As if he was separate from his time. So, be prepared. We will discuss your side also. Does that bother you?

I'm sorry to hear you are retired. That means you have no way of correcting your terrible influence upon those you taught so many lies. You have done your damage, as so many have in this country. And we see the fruition of those seeds planted, today. I can only wonder, if you're retired, would you ever own up to teaching a lie all these years? I doubt it. The consequences upon your conscience would be too heavy to bear.

Why would you, a history teacher, 'wonder' if Quantrill believed in Communion or Holy Communion? History tells us that Quantrill was 'Roman Catholic' and received the sacrament of extreme unction. Did you not teach that to your students all those years before you retired?

What ilk on another forum are you talkin about?

In the 'Current Events and Political' section on this forum I started a thread just for you. It is called, 'Lessons for historical Mary'. Catchy also, don't you agree? Feel free to read and respond at will. Or if you want to ignore it, due to the 'weight' of it, I understand. Just let me know. And you can post here till they run us off for not being true to the topic.

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog

Where are you at? I thought you looked forward to my response?

You know, I will eat chicken any time. Crow would be something I would have to wait on.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
o_O
It is catchy.

I like to point out the hypocrisy of those such as you, who condemn Quantrill yet glorify your yankees. It's not hard as you will see if you stay with it. Will you? In other words, if you're going to condemn Quantrill, then your yankees must be different. Correct? Or are you scared of that, and that is why you must try and say it is only about Quantrill and not any other. As if he was separate from his time. So, be prepared. We will discuss your side also. Does that bother you?

I'm sorry to hear you are retired. That means you have no way of correcting your terrible influence upon those you taught so many lies. You have done your damage, as so many have in this country. And we see the fruition of those seeds planted, today. I can only wonder, if you're retired, would you ever own up to teaching a lie all these years? I doubt it. The consequences upon your conscience would be too heavy to bear.

Why would you, a history teacher, 'wonder' if Quantrill believed in Communion or Holy Communion? History tells us that Quantrill was 'Roman Catholic' and received the sacrament of extreme unction. Did you not teach that to your students all those years before you retired?

What ilk on another forum are you talkin about?

In the 'Current Events and Political' section on this forum I started a thread just for you. It is called, 'Lessons for historical Mary'. Catchy also, don't you agree? Feel free to read and respond at will. Or if you want to ignore it, due to the 'weight' of it, I understand. Just let me know. And you can post here till they run us off for not being true to the topic.

Stranger
Hey kiddo,

I noticed how you didn't answer two questions that I asked you. Let's try again:

I directly addressed you. Notice how I included you in my response???? After all, you did respond so you must have gotten the message FIRST HAND not via a third party. Or was my post forwarded to you and brought to your attention that way??

Would you at least TRY and answer them???? o_O

Also, notice how I said, "There were bad people on both sides....". Sooooooo where did I glorify the Yankee's???

Do you read what is written to you or do you just look for the words that offend you????

I wonder if Quantrill believed in communion or holy communion because THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD.....did you know that??? :)

Curious Mary

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any one ever wonder why Jesus nor any of His disciples ever called communion "holy communion"? So why are believers calling communion "holy communion" unless they are making communion for more than it is for what Jesus intended communion to be done for only.. and that is to be done only in remembrance of Him... not for anything else that is nowhere found in the Bible to do it for. Simple as the gospel, right?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
o_O
Hey kiddo,

I noticed how you didn't answer two questions that I asked you. Let's try again:

I directly addressed you. Notice how I included you in my response???? After all, you did respond so you must have gotten the message FIRST HAND not via a third party. Or was my post forwarded to you and brought to your attention that way??

Would you at least TRY and answer them???? o_O

Also, notice how I said, "There were bad people on both sides....". Sooooooo where did I glorify the Yankee's???

Do you read what is written to you or do you just look for the words that offend you????

I wonder if Quantrill believed in communion or holy communion because THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD.....did you know that??? :)

Curious Mary

Bitter Mary

Bad people on both sides doesn't quiet your remarks concerning Quantrill. I addressed his raid on Lawrence Kansas, where you vilified him, in the political and current events section. Even named it after you. "Lessons for historical Mary". So, did you read it?

I try and address the important questions. The ones you are bringing up are so immaterial. Nothing but smoke.

Yes, I know the subject of this thread. Yet look at your post #221. That has nothing to do with Holy Communion. All you did was attack a name I have used on other forums. Now that I am willing to address it, your run and hide and demand that Holy Communion is the subject. But it wasn't your subject in #221...was it?

You know what Mary...you are too used to being a teacher...and so you can't be taught. But that is a big problem when you enter into discussions where you don't know what your are talking about. You spout off many things yet run and hide and produce smoke when you are addressed.

I have addressed Quantrill and your question of his taking Holy Communion. Yet you say nothing of it. I have provided another topic in the correct place of 'politics and current events' and explained clearly the reasons for Quantrill's raid on Lawrence Kansas. And all you can do is '...and moan about my comment on your response to me.

I know, I know, you're going to get upset and use this as an excuse to not address what I have written. That's fine, consider it your way out, and take it.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bitter Mary

Bad people on both sides doesn't quiet your remarks concerning Quantrill. I addressed his raid on Lawrence Kansas, where you vilified him, in the political and current events section. Even named it after you. "Lessons for historical Mary". So, did you read it?

I try and address the important questions. The ones you are bringing up are so immaterial. Nothing but smoke.

Yes, I know the subject of this thread. Yet look at your post #221. That has nothing to do with Holy Communion. All you did was attack a name I have used on other forums. Now that I am willing to address it, your run and hide and demand that Holy Communion is the subject. But it wasn't your subject in #221...was it?

You know what Mary...you are too used to being a teacher...and so you can't be taught. But that is a big problem when you enter into discussions where you don't know what your are talking about. You spout off many things yet run and hide and produce smoke when you are addressed.

I have addressed Quantrill and your question of his taking Holy Communion. Yet you say nothing of it. I have provided another topic in the correct place of 'politics and current events' and explained clearly the reasons for Quantrill's raid on Lawrence Kansas. And all you can do is '...and moan about my comment on your response to me.

I know, I know, you're going to get upset and use this as an excuse to not address what I have written. That's fine, consider it your way out, and take it.

Stranger
Where did I glorify the Yankee's???

Can you see it now that it is larger print??? I wasn't sure since you NEVER ANSWERED!!

Mary

PS...been busy so I am now going to look at "Lessons for historical Mary".

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I glorify the Yankee's???

Can you see it now that it is larger print??? I wasn't sure since you NEVER ANSWERED!!

Mary

PS...been busy so I am now going to look at "Lessons for historical Mary".

Identify the post your question is addressing.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I asked was what post your are addressing.

Stranger
I misunderstood you. Since you don't remember what you wrote I will help you. In POST #227 you said "glorify your Yankees".

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I misunderstood you. Since you don't remember what you wrote I will help you. In POST #227 you said "glorify your Yankees".

Mary

I do remember what I wrote, but I want you to be specific as to the post you are addressing. And as you can see, my reply in post #227 was in reply to your statement in #226, where you said, "you prefer to point to other bad behavior instead of acknowledging the behavior of your hero".

In other words you want to dismiss the actions and conduct of yankees which played a major role in Quantrills actions, which I showed you concerning their attack on Lawrence Kansas. You want to isolate the actions of Southerners and bring your condemnation against them. But you don't want the actions of the yankees brought up. Noooo. Thus you glorify the yankees and condemn the Southernors.

Thanks for your help.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do remember what I wrote, but I want you to be specific as to the post you are addressing. And as you can see, my reply in post #227 was in reply to your statement in #226, where you said, "you prefer to point to other bad behavior instead of acknowledging the behavior of your hero".

In other words you want to dismiss the actions and conduct of yankees which played a major role in Quantrills actions, which I showed you concerning their attack on Lawrence Kansas. You want to isolate the actions of Southerners and bring your condemnation against them. But you don't want the actions of the yankees brought up. Noooo. Thus you glorify the yankees and condemn the Southernors.

Thanks for your help.

Stranger
Nope. Wrong.

YOU want to dismiss the bad actions of Quantrill BY pointing out the bad of others; the Yankees.

I CLEARLY said there were bad men on BOTH SIDES....YOU DIDN'T!!!

You do know what BOTH SIDES means....Don't you????

Nice try though.

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Wrong.

YOU want to dismiss the bad actions of Quantrill BY pointing out the bad of others; the Yankees.

I CLEARLY said there were bad men on BOTH SIDES....YOU DIDN'T!!!

You do know what BOTH SIDES means....Don't you????

Nice try though.

Mary

Well if you think there were bad men on both sides then you must allow the yankee badmen to be revealed for what they were. Cause/affect is very real in war time. Yet you want to isolate the Confederates actions from any thing that went before.

And, I didn't dismiss the actions of Quantrill and neither did McCorkle. He explained why they did what they did. Which more than makes sense and is understandable to one who is not so prejudice as you are.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you think there were bad men on both sides then you must allow the yankee badmen to be revealed for what they were. Cause/affect is very real in war time. Yet you want to isolate the Confederates actions from any thing that went before.

And, I didn't dismiss the actions of Quantrill and neither did McCorkle. He explained why they did what they did. Which more than makes sense and is understandable to one who is not so prejudice as you are.

Stranger
Nope. Wrong again.

I haven't isolated anything.

Read this AGAIN: There were bad men ON BOTH SIDES. Is that "isolating the confederates actions"??

Hint: The answer is NO.

Fair enough. You didn't dismiss his actions. The reason you pointed out the bad actions of others was to ____________. (fill in the blank)

So let's get back on track. Are you going to continue to be prejudiced to the eyewitness account of a man who lied in his own memoirs and told his story 50 years later? Or are you going to look at both eyewitness accounts???

Are you even going to acknowledge that your "original source" statement was a bit misguided since there was more than one original source that wrote their account 50 years earlier than yours?

Historical Mary