Communion vs Holy Communion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
hang about a bit - what exactly was the command - it was 'do this in memory of me' = do what that is not done - a bit like he who has the son has the father and the son = the bread is the body which has the blood also imho - twinc

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hang about a bit - what exactly was the command - it was 'do this in memory of me' = do what that is not done - a bit like he who has the son has the father and the son = the bread is the body which has the blood also imho - twinc

Are you that ignorant? (Matt. 26:26) "...Jesus took bread...and said, Take, eat; this is my body."

(Matt. 26:27) "And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

Your 'ho' isn't worth much.

Stranger

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quantrill

I just have to ask...what is the "Quantrill " Stranger?
I've seen you use it a few times, but I am ignorant to it's meaning?
Is it a foreign word?

Thanks....H

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have to ask...what is the "Quantrill " Stranger?
I've seen you use it a few times, but I am ignorant to it's meaning?
Is it a foreign word?

Thanks....H

Sorry. It is another name I use on other forums. I knew I would get crossed up.

I will edit.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You prove you play with words. 'offered'- 'distributed'- now- 'receive'. Sure. Not the same as 'drinking'. You lie with pictures. You lie with words.
Go back and reread. I documented everything. Your claims are empty .

And, get some wine with that cracker in your avatar. It will help your cause...but not much.
Quantrill
You documented nothing about this phantom "98%".
On the other hand - I pretty much schooled you on your bad math.

Remember: 100% - 18.5% = 81.5%.
It doesn't equal 98%, sparky . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You documented nothing about this phantom "98%".
On the other hand - I pretty much schooled you on your bad math.

Remember: 100% - 18.5% = 81.5%.
It doesn't equal 98%, sparky . . .

98%...read again. See, one cannot even lead you by the hand and you learn anything.

It is documented.

Get some wine with that cracker.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey BOL, study your history a little better. I caught it.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, - I realize how humiliating this must be for you . . .

What must be humiliating is when you get to drink the wine/blood in front of God's people and then let them have nothing but bread. How humiliating that must be. To hold back from God's people what God wants His people to have, and partake of it yourself.

How does one describe that? Criminal, shameful, greedy...?

How does it feel....how does it feel.....?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Stranger, post: 412035, member: 7282"]What must be humiliating is when you get to drink the wine/blood in front of God's people and then let them have nothing but bread. How humiliating that must be. To hold back from God's people what God wants His people to have, and partake of it yourself.

How does one describe that? Criminal, shameful, greedy...?

How does it feel....how does it feel.....?

Stranger[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't know.

As an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, I give the cup with the Precious Blood of Christ to HUNDREDS of people at mass every Sunday. There are about 6 others with me that do the same.
First, the Priest gives it to me - then I drink from it - then I take it to the congregation. The other 6 EMHCs do the same thing.

Not really sure why you feel the need to perpetuate your pathetic myth - but, suffice it to say - I'm embarrassed for you . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL

And I am supposed to believe you after all the lies you have said? When your chosen avatar has nothing but a cracker? Anyone can say I did this or that. The facts however show that the Roman Church witholds the wine/blood from the laity.

How does it feel....how does it feel...? You get the blood and body, and they get the body only. Shameful.

Stranger

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL

And I am supposed to believe you after all the lies you have said? When your chosen avatar has nothing but a cracker? Anyone can say I did this or that. The facts however show that the Roman Church witholds the wine/blood from the laity.

How does it feel....how does it feel...? You get the blood and body, and they get the body only. Shameful.

Stranger
And I have shown - with great big pictures - that you are lying.
Catholics are allowed to drink the blood as well as eat of the flesh of Christ.

If this were NOT true - I wouldn't be an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If this were NOT true - I wouldn't be an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

Oh, yes. Your great big pictures really convince. Go back and reread....Mr. extraordinary.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, yes. Your great big pictures really convince. Go back and reread....Mr. extraordinary.

Stranger
Just served another 300 people or so the Precious Blood on Sunday at Mass.
But - I guess it was just a figment of my imagination . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just served another 300 people or so the Precious Blood on Sunday at Mass.
But - I guess it was just a figment of my imagination . . .

You are...mr. extraordinary. By your own admission. One can say many things about themselves. So?

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

When did Peter or Paul ever taught that a bishop had to be celibate to perform the Mass as if by being married, they can only perform communion?

How does that not make it look like Christ is not really voluntarily offering Himself again when the bishops have to be celibate in order to have "power" in performing the Mass as if they are making Christ offer His one time sacrifice present to be received again?

How is this emphasis as important as the CC makes it, hardly taught in the N.T. as plainly as such and yet we can find reproofs towards that end by treating the bread and the wine like an idol, having His Presence and the bishops performing has power to pull Him down to make this happen?

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Communion cannot be anything else but symbolic in representing the blood and body of Jesus Christ otherwise it becomes an idol and in the performance of offering His one time sacrifice for sins, the celibate bishops look more powerful than God to make Him seemingly offer that one time sacrifice for sins to be made present to receive OFTEN which goes against His words below.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

When did Peter or Paul ever taught that a bishop had to be celibate to perform the Mass as if by being married, they can only perform communion?

How does that not make it look like Christ is not really voluntarily offering Himself again when the bishops have to be celibate in order to have "power" in performing the Mass as if they are making Christ offer His one time sacrifice present to be received again?

How is this emphasis as important as the CC makes it, hardly taught in the N.T. as plainly as such and yet we can find reproofs towards that end by treating the bread and the wine like an idol, having His Presence and the bishops performing has power to pull Him down to make this happen?

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Communion cannot be anything else but symbolic in representing the blood and body of Jesus Christ otherwise it becomes an idol and in the performance of offering His one time sacrifice for sins,
the celibate bishops look more powerful than God to make Him seemingly offer that one time sacrifice for sins to be made present to receive OFTEN which goes against His words below.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
First of all - what does celibacy have to do with a thread about communion??
Looks like you are simply throwing darts at a board, desperately trying to make one stick. Try sticking to the conversation . . .

As for your last comment in RED - it's closer to the topic, albeit moronic.

First of all - the priest doesn't "pull" Jesus down from anywhere.
Secondly - there is nothing "idolatrous about worshiping Jesus because He is GOD.

Finally - if the Bishops look "more powerful" than God to you - it sounds like YOU have a problem - not the Church . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are...mr. extraordinary. By your own admission. One can say many things about themselves. So?

Stranger
We are called "Extraordinary Ministers" because we are not the "Ordinary" Ministers (i.e., Priests, Deacons).

Other than that - there is nothing "Extraordinary" about us.
We're simply servants.