Comparing church leaders of Jesus’ time, then the RCC, and now today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Scripture affirms that both God and man are triune in nature.
And there are also spiritual truths that come in 3’s.

I’ve been shouting for years …
“Man is a total and complete spiritual idiot.”
“Satan is the god/ruler of this world/age.”
“Man’s free-will is King concerning his spiritual destiny.”

Now that I’ve loudly trumpeted these 3 spiritual truths again,
let’s consider how they are reflected in 3 major historical examples:

1) --- The Jewish leaders at the time of Jesus and the early church
Scripture affirms that the Jewish leaders were spiritually blind and deaf,
and attributes this to Satan (2 Cor 4:4 and others).
They were very upset that Christianity threatened their power, authority, and lifestyle.
For the masses to be following a dead man instead of following them was unacceptable.
Their blind hatred drove them to make the decision to kill Jesus, Stephen, Paul, etc.

2) --- The RCC leaders during the 12thC to the 19thC
True believers threatened the power, authority, and lifestyle of the RCC leaders.
The masses trusting in “the just shall live by faith” (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Rom 9:30, Gal 3:24, etc.)
instead of trusting in the RCC church’s dogmas and doctrines was not acceptable to the RCC.
What followed was “the Inquisition: an organization in the RCC that was responsible for finding
and punishing people who did not accept its beliefs and practices” (Encylopedia Britannica).
It began with the Medieval Inquisition to combat the spread of religious sectarianism,
against the “heresies” (lol) of the Cathars, Waldensians, Spiritual Franciscans, Hussites, etc.
And it gradually spread throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, Peru, Mexico, etc.

3) --- The church leaders of today
Let us consider 3 major popular church doctrines, all of which are from Satan:
1) With “cessationism” Satan has continued to deceive most church leaders into insisting that
God ceased from performing His mighty signs, wonders, and miracles (since the Canon was written).
God's plan for evangelising the world was that His SWMs would be a powerful confrimation of the truth of His gospel.
2) The “grace-only” doctrine has only become popular in these last days.
This is a no-accountability doctrine (gee, what fun!), which places no demands upon the BAC.
There are dozens of warnings by Jesus, and in the epistles, about the BAC’s responsibilities.
“Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith,
giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons” (1 Timothy 4:1)
3) The “pre-tribulation rapture” doctrine has only become popular in these last days.
This is a no-accountability doctrine, which deceives BACs into not being prepared for persecution.
It began because of a dream by one Margaret MacDonald in England about 150 years ago.
And no clear Scriptural proof can be found for it. On the other hand, Jesus clearly stated that
His elect will be gathered AFTER the tribulation of those days (Matthew 24:29-31).
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come …
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.” (2 Timothy 3:1, 12)

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
evangelist-7 said:
Scripture affirms that both God and man are triune in nature.
And there are also spiritual truths that come in 3’s.

I’ve been shouting for years …
“Man is a total and complete spiritual idiot.”
“Satan is the god/ruler of this world/age.”
“Man’s free-will is King concerning his spiritual destiny.”

Now that I’ve loudly trumpeted these 3 spiritual truths again,
let’s consider how they are reflected in 3 major historical examples:

1) --- The Jewish leaders at the time of Jesus and the early church
Scripture affirms that the Jewish leaders were spiritually blind and deaf,
and attributes this to Satan (2 Cor 4:4 and others).
They were very upset that Christianity threatened their power, authority, and lifestyle.
For the masses to be following a dead man instead of following them was unacceptable.
Their blind hatred drove them to make the decision to kill Jesus, Stephen, Paul, etc.

2) --- The RCC leaders during the 12thC to the 19thC
True believers threatened the power, authority, and lifestyle of the RCC leaders.
The masses trusting in “the just shall live by faith” (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Rom 9:30, Gal 3:24, etc.)
instead of trusting in the RCC church’s dogmas and doctrines was not acceptable to the RCC.
What followed was “the Inquisition: an organization in the RCC that was responsible for finding
and punishing people who did not accept its beliefs and practices” (Encylopedia Britannica).
It began with the Medieval Inquisition to combat the spread of religious sectarianism,
against the “heresies” (lol) of the Cathars, Waldensians, Spiritual Franciscans, Hussites, etc.
And it gradually spread throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, Peru, Mexico, etc.

3) --- The church leaders of today
Let us consider 3 major popular church doctrines, all of which are from Satan:
1) With “cessationism” Satan has continued to deceive most church leaders into insisting that
God ceased from performing His mighty signs, wonders, and miracles (since the Canon was written).
God's plan for evangelising the world was that His SWMs would be a powerful confrimation of the truth of His gospel.
2) The “grace-only” doctrine has only become popular in these last days.
This is a no-accountability doctrine (gee, what fun!), which places no demands upon the BAC.
There are dozens of warnings by Jesus, and in the epistles, about the BAC’s responsibilities.
“Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith,
giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons” (1 Timothy 4:1)
3) The “pre-tribulation rapture” doctrine has only become popular in these last days.
This is a no-accountability doctrine, which deceives BACs into not being prepared for persecution.
It began because of a dream by one Margaret MacDonald in England about 150 years ago.
And no clear Scriptural proof can be found for it. On the other hand, Jesus clearly stated that
His elect will be gathered AFTER the tribulation of those days (Matthew 24:29-31).
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come …
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.” (2 Timothy 3:1, 12)
[SIZE=16pt]All you seem to be saying is your opinion of what happened. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]The Church started falling apart, and has not yet come together, when it followed Constantine’s lie instead of what Jesus taught.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]There has been no true Christian Church sense the Church allowed Christians to fight in Constantine the Great’s Army. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]The following shows you that what I said is not my opinion.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it was said, you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]offer the wicked man no resistance[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt].”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]God is not in those who sin. God resides only in those who live his commandments. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Again that is not my opinion, again Jesus told us that.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]