Consider the fruit.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are in doubt about anything who claims to be of God / Jesus or the Holy spirit, whether it be institutional churches or home groups or individuals, always look for the fruit, and if it's not there, you have your answer.
Check ALL the relevant histories on the beginning of the church, both the one Jesus mentioned, and the one made by human hands, I mean REALLY look at where the foundation on which you stand, comes from, examine all the fruit they have grown over their history and 'judge' ( weigh up via His Truth ) if it is of God.
If you don't find it, better run and run into His arms and into His way of teaching you. Let's get back to what the first church called themselves, The Way, as Jesus truly IS The Way ( to ) The Truth and The Life.
Peace to all :)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think most are of God but most are falling short because of misunderstanding and misteaching. which is very clear talking in here or on the streets.
Every body thinks they are correct and they cant all be correct. But all do have a heart for God ,but dont know His love in there lives or you would see the fruit. His love for us is endless. We for the most part live and get out of bed for our selves daily. There is very little dying to self evident in any churchs or individuls. So we live in a selfish Christian world. They amout of Christians if you call them out are offended and there for living for self and NOT dead to self. Most dont believe you can actully walk away and out of sin. Soon as you say that. "Well do you not sin they say" Mans reasoning.
There is such a mixed up onderstanding of most biblical truths. It is actully possible to love the people we hate. and I mean to love them. People may think I dont love because how I talk. Oh I love you all even if you dont believe it. I love homosexuals and every one else you can think of. So did Jesus. I dont like what they do. But I need to see past that and see the hurt man or woman who would not bedoing what they are doing if they knew Christ. and that goes for the angry Christians of which there are many even in here. They guy I ignore in here I love them. They dont believe that. But I can live with that as I know the thriuth of this matter. SO when I look at there fruit or lack of I know that only because they dont know the love of Christ in there lives. We including ME ( and some need to see this to feel better) need to know this and walk in it. You will only recive this love from God in the secret palce if you go there and ask for it genuinly. Almost all you will ever get will be in the secret place with God wher no MAN can see you. not walking the dog or cleaning the car /house etc. Nothing wrong with that time with God. The crux is where NO MAN CAN SE YOU.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seriousness here...is that we are betting our life on the path we chose to follow.

I feel most fortunate to have come into a sure knowledge of God directly without having to weed through all the phonies, the would-be garbage, and even the well-meaning near misses. I think that it is important to consider that there are those who will tell you anything for their own benefit of having some kind of "belonging", to have people "like" them, or some twisted "power trip"...and that among them, only one is true. As long as there is one thing that is true, then there is hope for something more than this life. Life can be hard or easy, but either way, it passes soooo quickly.

But the point is that most are wrong and only one is correct - and yes, we can know them by there fruit.

Reactions: Sword and pia

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seriousness here...is that we are betting our life on the path we chose to follow.

I feel most fortunate to have come into a sure knowledge of God directly without having to weed through all the phonies, the would-be garbage, and even the well-meaning near misses. I think that it is important to consider that there are those who will tell you anything for their own benefit of having some kind of "belonging", to have people "like" them, or some twisted "power trip"...and that among them, only one is true. As long as there is one thing that is true, then there is hope for something more than this life. Life can be hard or easy, but either way, it passes soooo quickly.

But the point is that most are wrong and only one is correct - and yes, we can know them by there fruit.

I am in this to learn how to love perfectly - it up to God to decide how it all works out

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hi Scott. You are spot on there. We are risking our eternal lives, which is really very serious. But it can be so difficult getting through the enemy's various webs of deceit. I do also agree there is hope as long as at least they believe in The Risen Christ. :)

Reactions: Sword and ScottA

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Scott. You are spot on there. We are risking our eternal lives, which is really very serious. But it can be so difficult getting through the enemy's various webs of deceit. I do also agree there is hope as long as at least they believe in The Risen Christ. :)
Hi Scott. Were you also fortunate enough to encounter the Real Jesus prior to meeting those who say they represent Him? A really like your assurance In Him... :)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Scott. Were you also fortunate enough to encounter the Real Jesus prior to meeting those who say they represent Him? A really like your assurance In Him... :)
I meant, I like your assurance, lol sorry