CORRECT MEANING OF Deception

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven’t read about Hannah so I can’t really comment. Wish I could, but she hasn’t come up yet I guess.
I Samuel 1:1-28 covers the story of Hannah and her prayer, her vow and the keeping of her vow and her son, Samuel the judge and prophet who was to anoint both Saul and David as kings of Israel. It is a very interesting read when you have the time.

Was thinking about a verse this morning...Not sure if it has anything at all to do with your comment above but maybe you have some input on it? Hebrews 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
I've not heard anyone speak about this in quite a while. I am not sure that it directly relates, but maybe. There were some brethren where I attended who on occasion spoke about "better resurrections". It may relate in part to the differ between promises of life offered in the OT and the promise of Life provided in the NT:

"With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation." Psalm 91:16

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee." Prov 3:1-2

That was the promise in the OT... but as you see by the verse you cited there was to be a better resurrection as Jesus makes clear here:

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

Instead of simply a longer life, it was to be a never ending Life. In Heb 11:35 they are brought up from the grave perhaps here...

"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." Matt 27:52-53

Some of those OT saints lived well before God, but seemingly they were only promised a longer life as a man of flesh on planet Earth. This speaks of their opportunity to obtain the unending Life which Jesus brought. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Instead of simply a longer life, it was to be a never ending Life
Abraham is not immortal, and also will never "die" right

"children" are easily perceived as the things we create, the situations or literal towers, whether they be "sons" or "daughters?"

imo anyway

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"children" are easily perceived as the things we create, the situations or literal towers, whether they be "sons" or "daughters?"

imo anyway
Jesus mentions Abraham by name as being among the living. When did he attain to this 'life', we might wonder? Maybe we need to fall back some on what our friend @ScottA tells us about time. We may still not really know or understand but perhaps we'll be closer than we were before. Is this what it means to grow or to learn? Some people are sure they can get it altogether in the Bible alone, but without God what can we really do? What can we really understand?

As to creating the children... in a sense we do, at least our own... and I am not talking about physical reproduction. Rather, we teach children how to be selfish better. A child is born selfish, but it is not at first an evil thing. It is a matter of survival. When the child is cold or hungry or otherwise uncomfortable he cries out because he does not have the ability to do anything about those things himself. Later on he learns how to manipulate mama or daddy or whoever to get no longer simply what is needed, but rather what is Wanted! He is a sharp kid early on and is watching every move we make learning to do things... yes even evil things, better.

A really 'good' parent is one who is really close to God and is living that closeness in front of their child all of the time. How many are doing that?

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Prov 22:6

This is a true proverb, but how many parents know how to train up a child in the way that he should go? Even if a parent knows the best way, does he always teach it or exemplify it in his own conduct... all of the time?

For example, consider the parent who advises his child convincingly and sincerely how terrible cigarettes are for the body even as the parent chugs away on his own cigarette.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will cancel the bargain you made to cheat death, and I will overturn your deal to dodge the grave.
I don't believe that the "I" in your statement is really God. It is the "you" speaking that "I" for he is the one who cancels the bargain made in his supposed repentance at the start... until something in the world was just a little bit too enticing to keep on keeping God in first place. Believe me, on this I do speak from experience.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus mentions Abraham by name as being among the living
not disagreeing...on a spiritual level. Abraham is a symbol now, an icon. Abraham Represents. Abraham is a Star, yes. But you cannot talk to him, right.
A child is born selfish
i would have to disagree, imo a child is born completely selfless, and only cries in response to needs; as evidence i would submit that infants are often completely content with nothing?

not saying that since an infant is completely codependent it would not seem to our perceptions that it might be "selfish," but "self/ego" does not form before about 1.5, i think? But certainly it is only aware of its own needs, sure
Later on he learns how to manipulate mama or daddy or whoever to get no longer simply what is needed, but rather what is Wanted!
hey dogs can do that too tho right. And it is fairly established that dogs have no sense of self i think; strictly responding to stimuli iow?
I don't believe that the "I" in your statement is really God. It is the "you" speaking that "I" for he is the one who cancels the bargain made in his supposed repentance at the start... until something in the world was just a little bit too enticing to keep on keeping God in first place. Believe me, on this I do speak from experience.
hmm interesting, i'll have to marinate on that, and do a little rereading i guess
Isaiah 28 Parallel Chapters
how bout if it is phrased this way?
18Your deal with Death will be dissolved, and your agreement with Sheol will not last. When the overwhelming scourge passes through, you will be trampled

although granted the "agreement with Sheol" is in a different context there. But the way we hear it now might easily be Quoted NT imo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not disagreeing...on a spiritual level. Abraham is a symbol now, an icon. Abraham Represents. Abraham is a Star, yes. But you cannot talk to him, right.
Or a star is one who God sends to people with some Light to share: apostles, pastors, evangelists, teachers, prophets. Those people when really anointed and sharing what God given them to share are as stars in heaven, be it 1st or 2nd or 3rd heaven, but then...

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven." Luke 10:18 "Satan" is that minister who did have Light but falls or is falling away from God and has extinguished or is extinguishing that Light in himself. I recall the fall of the minister/preacher/gospel singer, Jimmie Swaggert. He was one of the brighter stars until he fell and his Light became darkness.

Can we talk to a star? Can we talk to a minister of God? Or... even to a former, now fallen, minister of God?

i would have to disagree, imo a child is born completely selfless, and only cries in response to needs; as evidence i would submit that infants are often completely content with nothing?
I was trying to say the same thing but I misused the word selfish. The child is born with a survival mechanism/instinct before he has enough comprehension to judge things. When he is hungry or cold he senses a discomfort without knowing why it would be better to have a full tummy or to be snuggled up in a warm blanket or have his burning bottom wiped clean. When the problem is recognized by a caring parent the need is tended to and the crying stops. As the child develops he learns to use his ability to cry to take advantage of anyone who cares enough to try to fill his needs, which by that time are often really wants rather than needs.

not saying that since an infant is completely codependent it would not seem to our perceptions that it might be "selfish," but "self/ego" does not form before about 1.5, i think? But certainly it is only aware of its own needs, sure

hey dogs can do that too tho right. And it is fairly established that dogs have no sense of self i think; strictly responding to stimuli iow?

Even so!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Or a star is one who God sends to people with some Light to share: apostles, pastors, evangelists, teachers, prophets.
who are practically never as we define those, imo
Can we talk to a star? Can we talk to a minister of God? Or... even to a former, now fallen, minister of God?
in your context, yes; Abraham tho?
As the child develops he learns to use his ability to cry to take advantage of anyone who cares enough to try to fill his needs, which by that time are often really wants rather than needs.
i could regress you back to the day you first recognized your "self" in a mirror, if you like. Its a freaky experience, i tell ya what. The day before that i cannot reach, never heard of anyone claiming they could
https://www.wikihow.com/User:Bbyrd009/soapbox
(remembering pre-self-consciousness)
someone pls lemme know if the link does not work for you, if i sign out of wH to check i cant easily sign back in ipad arg

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i recall some...prolly "folklore" that Moses was quite respected by many Egyptians, who likely followed his instructions; never followed up though, as i saw no Support?

not that that would change your point any/much i guess...or hmm maybe it would lol, dunno. k gnite all

Off topic I know...but are you back home yet?

Blessings Mark....H.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

imo anyway

Agree both good or not so good...whatever we have begotten in our time and leave behind when we go.
Even our own words could come under that!!! Yikes!!

BTW I tried to 'like' your post but my like button has quit...it does that now and again....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
https://www.wikihow.com/User:Bbyrd009/soapbox
(remembering pre-self-consciousness)
someone pls lemme know if the link does not work for you, if i sign out of wH to check i cant easily sign back in ipad arg

The link works, but we have to log in to see anything and read...

What it the link...*would I use it often if I signed up on the page?
Is it your own page or someone else's that you belong to?

Thanks..H

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm interesting, i'll have to marinate on that, and do a little rereading i guess
Isaiah 28 Parallel Chapters
how bout if it is phrased this way?
18Your deal with Death will be dissolved, and your agreement with Sheol will not last. When the overwhelming scourge passes through, you will be trampled

although granted the "agreement with Sheol" is in a different context there. But the way we hear it now might easily be Quoted NT imo
I added the two verses preceding the one you quoted for a for better understanding of the context:

"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it." Isaiah 28:16-18

All of us born to a woman begin with death, a covenant or deal with death. We effectively are already dead or at least belong to death. To God we are really already are dead, but He does not leave us without Hope. If we take hold of that Hope then the covenant is disannulled or per your lexicon version, dissolved, meaning there is a way to escape the death that is already ours due that first disobedience by our first carnal parents: Adam and Eve.

We may, as some do, say that we inherited their sin, but what I see that we have inherited is a lack of Life. Is that equal to sin?

They [Adam & Eve] lost it and therefore had no real Life for us. Jesus [for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation] is the Hope that God sent for the Son brought that Life... more abundantly [John 10:10]. When and if we take hold of it, the covenant or deal with death is finished for us. Jesus made this a real possibility, our Hope.

What is trampled or trodden down is the old man of us... that guy who thinks he is alive and keeps acting as if he were alive when he really is dead. All of his claims and thoughts and ways are to be obliterated underfoot. They are to be completely overcome so that we can LIVE:

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009

amadeus said:
Or a star is one who God sends to people with some Light to share: apostles, pastors, evangelists, teachers, prophets.
who are practically never as we define those, imo
Indeed, God would have the correct definition, but how many among us would agree to a single definition that will for certain line up with both His and one another's? Still a person who is sent as such a star does not need to know the definition. He simply needs to do what God tells him to do. Unfortunately there are those "wandering stars" that probably all of us have encountered:

"Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever." Jude 1:13

But perhaps there is still room for repentance?

"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:5

amadeus said:
in your context, yes; Abraham tho?
I am not understanding of what you are seeing for Abraham here. You say we cannot talk to him, but we do see that rich man was talking to father Abraham in Luke 16:24. I guess I am blind to what you are seeing. Can you help?

amadeus said:
As the child develops he learns to use his ability to cry to take advantage of anyone who cares enough to try to fill his needs, which by that time are often really wants rather than needs.

i could regress you back to the day you first recognized your "self" in a mirror, if you like. Its a freaky experience, i tell ya what. The day before that i cannot reach, never heard of anyone claiming they could

No, I don't need to see that far back in fact. I think I already know what it would have been like but.. let us leave it alone.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Off topic I know...but are you back home yet?

Blessings Mark....H.
ha, home lol. Dunno what that even means anymore tbh. So, i got sucked down to S FL for like 7 years accidentally, always considered Glenwood Springs "home" though, and i have just returned after 7 years, yeh. So now, all my (og cracker) friends are in S FL lol, and all my old friends here have moved on lol. Which is life in resort areas, more or less. but i gotta 4 mtn ski pass woo hoo :)
Agree both good or not so good...whatever we have begotten in our time and leave behind when we go.
Even our own words could come under that!!! Yikes!!

BTW I tried to 'like' your post but my like button has quit...it does that now and again....
that is prolly too many on a page at once i think, prolly not your button

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The link works, but we have to log in to see anything and read...

What it the link...*would I use it often if I signed up on the page?
Is it your own page or someone else's that you belong to?

Thanks..H
ya ok, i was afraid of that...ill blog it here or something, mainly good for keyword search to do your own investigating prolly...
intro
Although it is virtually impossible for most people to really grasp pre self consciousness, having become self conscious, it is possible to remember the time when you were not aware of your self. Since this is probably the state that our religious or mental models seek to reproduce (despite failure in a Google search of pre self consciousness~the only return {before this article was published} was for pre reflective self consciousness), it becomes pertinent in one's walk to examine this concept from another angle; that of remembering when, or at least the doorway from there, rather than aspiring to. Iow, as we are often reminded, there is nothing to learn so much, but rather to unlearn, become like a little child

Pre reflective self consciousness provides an interesting analog in helping to understand your state of mind at the time, so we'll look at a brief of this concept:

"One can get a bearing on the notion of pre-reflective self-consciousness by contrasting it with reflective self-consciousness. If you ask me to give you a description of the pain I feel in my right foot, or of what I was just thinking about, I would reflect on it and thereby take up a certain perspective that was one order removed from the pain or the thought. Thus, reflective self-consciousness is at least a higher-order cognition. It may be the basis for a report on one's experience, although not all reports involve a significant amount of reflection.

In contrast, pre-reflective self-consciousness is pre-reflective in the sense that (1) it is an awareness we have before we do any reflecting on our experience; (2) it is an implicit and first-order awareness rather than an explicit or higher-order form of self-consciousness. Indeed, an explicit reflective self-consciousness is possible only because there is a pre-reflective self-awareness that is an on-going and more primary self-consciousness. Although phenomenologists do not always agree on important questions about method, focus, or even whether there is an ego or self, they are in close to unanimous agreement about the idea that the experiential dimension always involves such an implicit pre-reflective self-awareness.[1] In line with Edmund Husserl (1959, 189, 412), who maintains that consciousness always involves a self-appearance (Für-sich-selbst-erscheinens), and in agreement with Michel Henry (1963, 1965), who notes that experience is always self-manifesting, and with Maurice Merleau-Ponty who states that consciousness is always given to itself and that the word ‘consciousness’ has no meaning independently of this self-givenness (Merleau-Ponty 1945, 488), Jean-Paul Sartre writes that pre-reflective self-consciousness is not simply a quality added to the experience, an accessory; rather, it constitutes the very mode of being of the experience...” (Sources) Phenomenological Approaches to Self-Consciousness (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Or in other words you, completely in the moment, before mental processing.

We’ll take a look at how to remember when you came to self awareness, but unfortunately--even though this experience alone will be quite a jolt--all you will be left with, most likely anyway, is a memory of that moment; although intriguing echoes of pre self consciousness will reverberate. And who knows? Maybe you will be the one who writes the article about further regression here, since the Indians apparently are not.

ok and by "regression" i mean remembering, only a bit more concentrated, over a couple days or so. We--like five or six of us--drank some mildly euphoric, relaxing tea, old indian who was obv legit tells us a story of his early childhood that was apparently chosen for its broad familiarity, as there was lots of head nodding and identifying, so, tea sinks in and he says "recall your earliest memory," and we go around describing it briefly, and its getting late we're getting sleepy kinda, long day and tea effect, and he says "remember what happened right before that now (our earliest memory), and if you have any trouble, just relax and dont try too hard, just fill out your earliest memory as much as you can, stay there and remember," and it was like staged to kind of trance us out a little, some kinda soothing fluty stuff playing, and some kind of smell, incense, not sage, almost smoky in the teepee, even the indian's voice/cadence, soothing, and i think only one girl recalled her day that night, i remem hers came looking in a mirror too, many were i guess, but most of us didnt remember the day we first recognized our "selves" until the next morning, through about noon. Only one person couldnt recall earlier than about age three, and turns out she had been traumatized i guess, her house burned down or something at age almost three.

So, i'll blog the whole article for anyone who cares, it was def an experience, the memory still blazes in my mind, my mom and me walking in the front door where a mirror was and me realizing we looked just like Leave it to Beaver and his mom doing the same thing, and click! So it's a lot about associations i guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God knows our hearts, therefore our intentions.
God Bless, thank you for sharing all your input.
i feel you bro, but its all on you ok. Communication is supposed to be a two way street right? So maybe at least notice when this keeps happening to you, and recognize. Your expectations we might get into later, wadr nobody else gives a crap about those either ok. Doesnt mean no one cares. You just want to be worshipped too, right, i mean admit it lol.