CORRECT MEANING OF Deception

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that the "I" in your statement is really God. It is the "you" speaking that "I" for he is the one who cancels the bargain made in his supposed repentance at the start... until something in the world was just a little bit too enticing to keep on keeping God in first place. Believe me, on this I do speak from experience.

Not sure I understand you clearly here...if I do, doubtfully I can change your mind but ask you to consider it begins long before repentance. Psalm 17:13
[13] Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:

As with tempests, the storm, the waters raging, the overflowing, the terror, the scourging...even Mark 4:37-39 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. [38] And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? [39] And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

what I mean is: God comes for men long before repentance in all God has put into place... orchestrated, created... not sure there is even an applicable word for what “work” He has so seamlessly performed? Long before you or I ever decide to repent of a thing, God already knew what it would take for our coming into an agreement with Him and implemented its way. “Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he has made in the earth. He makes wars to cease unto the ends of the earth: he breaks the bow, and cuts the spear in sunder; he burns the chariot in fire.” ... “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalms 46:10)

“Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. THERE is a River, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most HIGH. God is in the midst of Her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.” (Psalms 46: 3-5) ...consider also The River of Life, The Living water, and John 14:2
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Point is...even if “I” speak and overturn an agreement with death through repentance...God still did the “Work”. (Hebrews 12:5-9)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What it the link...*would I use it often if I signed up on the page?
prolly never, unless you chose to edit there, but its also no maintenance/no salesman will call type thing
Is it your own page or someone else's that you belong to?
its mine, used to write/edit there a lot, they could always use senior editors! Write an article too if you like, about anything you like that you can phrase "How to______"

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you could not have a convo with Abe without violating do not consult the dead Is 8:19 Lev 19:31
Ah now I understand your point. Consider however that many of us regularly consult dead people around us. Anyone who has NOT received the Life that Jesus brought is dead in the eyes of God and are we not to be like Him? Is our physician or grocer or auto mechanic or attorney or teacher or supervisor or whatever... born again or born from above? If not, why do we ask them for advice and even consider taking it? Then again however consider who is was that Jesus spent time with for which he got into trouble with religious leaders of that time... Hmmm?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Oh I wish you would not have done this to my poor head. I am seriously not serious... if you understand which probably you don't for I am not sure that I do.

When God gives me something to write or say it flows right out... but now you are making me try to backtrack... LOL. Maybe He will also help me respond to you here:

I will cancel the bargain you made to cheat death, and I will overturn your deal to dodge the grave.
Amadeus said:
I don't believe that the "I" in your statement is really God. It is the "you" speaking that "I" for he is the one who cancels the bargain made in his supposed repentance at the start... until something in the world was just a little bit too enticing to keep on keeping God in first place. Believe me, on this I do speak from experience.
Not sure I understand you clearly here
Me neither at the moment, but I am trying.

My meaning in response to @bbyrd009 was simply that God is not really doing the cancelling so I exchanged the "I" meaning God to an "I" meaning me. God spoke His Word before anyone person existed. He does not really cancel things now. What he spoke before the foundation of the world is invoked now by what we do or do not do. God never changes and really never changes His mind. We do in both cases. We change and we change our minds. What we should want is for God's Word to change us and our minds.

...if I do, doubtfully I can change your mind but ask you to consider it begins long before repentance. Psalm 17:13
[13] Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:

The next verse then continues:
"From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world..." Psalm 17:14
Remember that the sword of God, the Word of God, is a twoedged sword. It fights for the right hand of God and,
when appropriate, also for the left hand of God. Do you understand what I mean with that? The sheep are on the right hand and the goats are on the left. [See Matt 25:32 and related verses.]

s with tempests, the storm, the waters raging, the overflowing, the terror, the scourging...even Mark 4:37-39 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. [38] And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? [39] And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

what I mean is: God comes for men long before repentance in all God has put into place... orchestrated, created... not sure there is even an applicable word for what “work” He has so seamlessly performed? Long before you or I ever decide to repent of a thing, God already knew
Yes, God knew beforehand the final result of our decisions, our choices, but He did NOT cause us to choose to
decide what we did, such as to repent or not. We did.

The result of our repentance was what His Word [already spoken] said it would be. God knew it even though we by our repentance set it into motion ourselves. If we had not repented then His Word would have invoked the penalty for sin, which is death.

what it would take for our coming into an agreement with Him and implemented its way. “Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he has made in the earth. He makes wars to cease unto the ends of the earth: he breaks the bow, and cuts the spear in sunder; he burns the chariot in fire.” ... “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalms 46:10)
Try not to dig too deeply into things unnecessarily for you confuse yourself and me too as I try keep track in order to explain. To keep track of what I am writing here I have to keep on going back and re-reading what @bbyrd009 wrote, what I wrote and what you wrote, repeatedly. Maybe you want to know more than you need to know. I guess God is the only One who always knows what and how much you need to know. But... I am trying.

One step at the time is the Way we are to walk with God, surrendering continuously and letting Him direct each and every step. People complicate it by trying to look too far ahead... or trying to look back when what went before will makes no difference now.

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

"But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken." Isaiah 28:13

“Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. THERE is a River, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most HIGH. God is in the midst of Her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.” (Psalms 46: 3-5) ...consider also The River of Life, The Living water, and John 14:2
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Point is...even if “I” speak and overturn an agreement with death through repentance...God still did the “Work”. (Hebrews 12:5-9)

I know what you are saying your point is, but if you understood what I wrote above you would understand that even though when we have walked correctly He directed our steps, it was you or I who decided to allow Him to direct our steps so as to come up with that right hand result: Sheep or goats?

If you don't understand all of this please simply pray for God to guide you in it. I know what I understand but I am not sure I can present it better than I have. God, who gives any real increase when if appropriate, can!
You still make things too complicated by including too many steps all at once... for me anyway. My head is whirling at the moment. Help us dear Lord!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ya, i'm bad about that too; if learning more esoterica was the way, rich ppl with the time to study would be beating everyone into the kingdom i guess

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't understand all of this please simply pray for God to guide you in it. I know what I understand but I am not sure I can present it better than I have. God, who gives any real increase when if appropriate, can!
You still make things too complicated by including too many steps all at once... for me anyway. My head is whirling at the moment. Help us dear Lord!

Do not know how I missed seeing your post but I did. Just read it today. First, thank you for the gentle correction. Been thinking a lot today and wondering why I get so overly excited. I don't mean to be overwhelming. Maybe it is a lack of maturity on my part. I’m basically a newcomer and every day while reading His word I am repeating “wow! God is big! God you can trust! God is solid!” I need solid. I need stable. Maybe that is selfish but as a child with trust issues solid and stable are foreign. I need to be reminded daily where stable and unshakable is. Heard someone once suggest all children need an island they know is stable and safe. Someone solid. As a child matures, every day they learn to swim out a little further yet always knowing where that safe place is. in the world infants and young children look to their parents for mostly everything, while as one matures he begins to see his own part and responsibilities. Maybe after hopefully walking with Him as long as you have, I will understand more what you meant. I’m sure God knows what each of us needs and when.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not know how I missed seeing your post but I did. Just read it today. First, thank you for the gentle correction. Been thinking a lot today and wondering why I get so overly excited. I don't mean to be overwhelming. Maybe it is a lack of maturity on my part. I’m basically a newcomer and every day while reading His word I am repeating “wow! God is big! God you can trust! God is solid!” I need solid. I need stable. Maybe that is selfish but as a child with trust issues solid and stable are foreign. I need to be reminded daily where stable and unshakable is. Heard someone once suggest all children need an island they know is stable and safe. Someone solid. As a child matures, every day they learn to swim out a little further yet always knowing where that safe place is. in the world infants and young children look to their parents for mostly everything, while as one matures he begins to see his own part and responsibilities. Maybe after hopefully walking with Him as long as you have, I will understand more what you meant. I’m sure God knows what each of us needs and when.
I won't say not to humble yourself, for that is a good thing, but don't run yourself down needlessly. Just simply lay it all on Him and keep on moving with Him, toward Him... one step at the time.

What happens, I believe, to many believers is that early in their walk with God they are very close to Him because they don't know much about much... child-like: They get into His Spirit and walk with Him. Then some man, or men, or church group, gets hold of them and effectively teaches what are considered established and immoveable doctrines... because that is what he, they or it follow. Then many people, not all, fall into line joining the ranks of some establishment of 'Christians' and before long, some who are sincere, are wondering what happened to the Jesus they met at the start of their walk.

What happened is they left their "first love" [see Rev 2:4] . This is the love they had for God before they knew so many teachings of men supposedly covering all that needs to be covered. "Follow these rules and you'll be OK". When we love someone really, we commune with that person daily as often as we can. Too many end up being more concerned about their own reward of no death than they are about the One they say that they love.

Selfishness has always been man's problem. Jesus provided for us the perfect example of selflessness. When you love someone, you let go of at least of that selfishness in favor of caring for that one you love. Jesus walking as a man always esteemed other better than his own body of flesh as Paul describes it here:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3 How close are we to that? How close can we get to that? Alone not very close at all, but we are not supposed to do it all alone... We have a Comforter and a Helper always available.

If we have stockpiled a lot of vague or not understood doctrines because someone other than our Lord said to do so, throw it all out and go back to the start. Better to start with nothing each time, each day... than to start with we know even know what...Start rather at the bottom, in the lowest room:

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee." Luke 14:10

Who do you suppose it is that says, "Friend, go up higher"?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus