Covid 19... Not the main concern.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Unless you are born again, you will never see heaven.

If you want to keep living as you have, in sins, dead to God, then do that.
It's kind of rude to ignore a person's questions, while incessantly preaching at them. It's like the worst stereotype of every evangelist.

When did you become a Christian? Or have you always been a Christian?

Go join a group that doesn't care nor know.
This forum has sub-boards specifically for non-Christians. If you don't like interacting with non-Christians, I suggest you either stay out of those sub-forums or join a group that only allows Christians.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's kind of rude to ignore a person's questions, while incessantly preaching at them. It's like the worst stereotype of every evangelist.
If you go to a library, and try to convince a librarian who knows the truth,

that the alphabet should not be A B C but should be 'anything else'....
and
keep trying,
keep trying,
keep trying,

and will never be able to change their mind.....

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
If you go to a library, and try to convince a librarian who knows the truth,

that the alphabet should not be A B C but should be 'anything else'....
and
keep trying,
keep trying,
keep trying,

and will never be able to change their mind.....
Are you okay?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This forum has sub-boards specifically for non-Christians. If you don't like interacting with non-Christians, I suggest you either stay out of those sub-forums or join a group that only allows Christians.
I don't know of any such group online.
And you do not have to ask me any questions if you don't want to know the truth.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I don't know of any such group online.
I'm pretty sure there are Christian only forums on the internet. Plus, you don't have to come to the non-Christian sections of this board. That's a choice you're making on your own.

And you do not have to ask me any questions if you don't want to know the truth.
About when did you become a Christian? As a teenager? In your 20's? 30's? Later?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure there are Christian only forums on the internet. Plus, you don't have to come to the non-Christian sections of this board. That's a choice you're making on your own.
I did not notice this is a non-Christian section until you made mention of it.
You have found a non-alive, non-redemptive, non-worthy-of-live group /place to converse without anyone to care for your soul, so go ahead do that. I will leave you alone here.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's probably a good thing, since you weren't interested in any sort of actual conversation anyways.
You never seemed to want to know the truth - you liked bringing up the pagans beliefs, trying to get us to accept your sinful life so you would not have to repent, or whatever......

do you want eternal life or not ? You won't find it anywhere else (except in Jesus, as He Says!) !

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
You never seemed to want to know the truth
If you're talking about Christianity, I'm extremely familiar with it. I've been immersed and/or surrounded by it my entire life.

- you liked bringing up the pagans beliefs, trying to get us to accept your sinful life so you would not have to repent, or whatever......
LOL! No, I don't care whether anyone here accepts my "sinful life" or not.

do you want eternal life or not ? You won't find it anywhere else (except in Jesus, as He Says!) !
Are you able to have a normal conversation, or is every interaction you have like this? Are you like this in real life? When you go to a restaurant, do you preach at the wait staff, or do you talk to them like a normal person?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says just hanging out with true believers (if you ever did) does not make you born again, not a citizen of heaven, nor saved.

Going as you post you are going, indicates you are not saved, and don't want to be.

If you're talking about Christianity, I'm extremely familiar with it. I've been immersed and/or surrounded by it my entire life.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
God says just hanging out with true believers (if you ever did) does not make you born again, not a citizen of heaven, nor saved.
I'm aware of what Christianity believes.

Going as you post you are going, indicates you are not saved, and don't want to be.
That's correct. I have no interest in converting to Christianity.

Also, your method of preaching and attempts to persuade are pretty much the exact opposite of what usually works. I'm not sure why you think constantly telling everyone how awful and deserving of wrath they are is a good way to convert people, but you might want to think on it some.

From my perspective you come across as, well.....kind of a jerk. Try lightening up a bit. Talk to people like they're a real person rather than as if they're nothing more than a potential notch on your "converted" tally. I bet you can do it. Don't be afraid to let your guard down a little. You might be surprised at what happens.

R

Rita

I'm aware of what Christianity believes.

That's correct. I have no interest in converting to Christianity.

Also, your method of preaching and attempts to persuade are pretty much the exact opposite of what usually works. I'm not sure why you think constantly telling everyone how awful and deserving of wrath they are is a good way to convert people, but you might want to think on it some.

From my perspective you come across as, well.....kind of a jerk. Try lightening up a bit. Talk to people like they're a real person rather than as if they're nothing more than a potential notch on your "converted" tally. I bet you can do it. Don't be afraid to let your guard down a little. You might be surprised at what happens.
Oh, so this is why you , Joseph, had a dig on the other thread - Sorry but I am inclined to agree with justadude on this one. If I was to continuously talk to my atheist son in this manner I would drive him further away from wanting to even consider what I was saying to him - thankfully we have some really Great and interesting conversations where I listen to him and he listens to me , sometimes We actually end up agreeing with each other.
I have a feeling you won’t agree with my stand here Joseph, but I can’t just sit back and not say something xx
Rita

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israel Health Minister who called the coronavirus "divine punishment" for homosexuality......wait for it.......

......has the virus.

So I guess either this guy is a closeted gay, or the gods have bad aim.
I don't know but the sect he comes from sounds non-standard to me. I'm amazed that the government has him in the government. I must be behind the trends in Israel. We are all probably familiar with how gays have been attracted to the priesthood in the Catholic Church. This sect of Judaism sounds similar. Baal Shem Tov must be turning over in his grave at this Hasidic sect.

Tablet Magazine

These ordinances are known to many, even outside Gur, and, as I was able to verify in conversation with a number of Gerer Hasidim, they consist of the following:

• The couple shall have sexual intercourse only once a month, on leil tevilah (the night after the wife’s immersion in the mikveh at the end of her halachically prescribed menstrual period).

• The couple shall refrain from sexual intercourse from as early as the seventh month of pregnancy.

• After the wife has given birth, the couple shall refrain from sexual intercourse for a further period of six months.

• During intercourse, the couple shall aim to minimize physical contact. The husband shall wear some of his clothes, including his tsitsit (considered a segulah—supernatural remedy—against the sexual drive) and will not hug or kiss his wife or engage in any behavior that is not required for the performance of the act of intercourse itself.

• The husband shall direct his thoughts as far away as possible from the sexual act.

I don't know what to make of it. Judaism -- and I think most Hasidic Jews have a much healthier view of sex. For example, a husband is obliged to satisfy his wife sexually. He should make sure she is satisfied before allowing himself to receive satisfaction. A man who can't satisfy his wife should divorce her. It's said that David, with all his wives, performed his marital duties with them, keeping them all satisfied. What a man, eh?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I don't know but the sect he comes from sounds non-standard to me.
Ultra-Orthodox I believe.

I'm amazed that the government has him in the government. I must be behind the trends in Israel.
That's what surprised me. This guy is the national Health Minister? I wouldn't want someone in that position who thinks viruses are punishments from the gods.

We are all probably familiar with how gays have been attracted to the priesthood in the Catholic Church. This sect of Judaism sounds similar. Baal Shem Tov must be turning over in his grave at this Hasidic sect.

Tablet Magazine

These ordinances are known to many, even outside Gur, and, as I was able to verify in conversation with a number of Gerer Hasidim, they consist of the following:

• The couple shall have sexual intercourse only once a month, on leil tevilah (the night after the wife’s immersion in the mikveh at the end of her halachically prescribed menstrual period).

• The couple shall refrain from sexual intercourse from as early as the seventh month of pregnancy.

• After the wife has given birth, the couple shall refrain from sexual intercourse for a further period of six months.

• During intercourse, the couple shall aim to minimize physical contact. The husband shall wear some of his clothes, including his tsitsit (considered a segulah—supernatural remedy—against the sexual drive) and will not hug or kiss his wife or engage in any behavior that is not required for the performance of the act of intercourse itself.

• The husband shall direct his thoughts as far away as possible from the sexual act.

I don't know what to make of it. Judaism -- and I think most Hasidic Jews have a much healthier view of sex. For example, a husband is obliged to satisfy his wife sexually. He should make sure she is satisfied before allowing himself to receive satisfaction. A man who can't satisfy his wife should divorce her. It's said that David, with all his wives, performed his marital duties with them, keeping them all satisfied. What a man, eh?
Weird. Why people think gods are obsessed with our sex lives is a fascinating topic.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who knew the ultra-conservative town of Bnei Brak had so many gays?

Coronavirus: Ultra-Orthodox Israeli town of Bnei Brak under lockdown

Gee, it's almost like the virus doesn't care about what you believe or who you love. :rolleyes:
Shh. No one is supposed to know. Let's pretend they're all straight.

Pride goes before a fall. Look at what they were saying about a month ago.

March 10, 2020 Coronavirus doesn't stop Purim party for Israel's haredi Jews - France 24

Israel, which has 58 coronavirus cases, has imposed a mandatory two-week quarantine on anyone entering the country and banned public gatherings of more than 5,000 people, among other measures.

But for ultra-Orthodox residents of Bnei Brak, a town east of Tel Aviv, it was Purim as usual on Tuesday.

Thousands were on the streets, including staggering teenagers swigging red wine straight from the bottle.

Men, women and children wore costumes that ranged from tame, like a unicorn, to more politically controversial.

Ahuva Alfa, who said her son was dressed as "a Palestinian throwing rocks", told AFP she had no concerns about contracting coronavirus.

"Rabbi Kanievsky said there won't be corona in Bnei Brak, so there won't be corona in Bnei Brak," Alfa said, referring to Shmaryahu Yosef Chaim Kanievsky, a leader of the ultra-Orthodox, or haredi, community.

"During the Gulf War he said no (Iraqi) scud (missiles) will land on Bnei Brak, and he was right!"

Reactions: Helen

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freedom! Liberty! Constitution!

....or not....

Falwell Accuses NYT, ProPublica Of Criminal Trespass While Covering COVID

It almost seems like Falwell Jr. is deliberately doing everything he can to make himself, his university, and Christians in general look as bad as possible.
Maybe we should be thankful Falwell isn't shooting reporters for trespassing. . . .

Liberty President Jerry Falwell Jr. 'pretty sure’ he’ll call for civil disobedience in response to Virginia Democrats’ gun control measures

"You don’t mess with people’s guns in this part of the state. They [Democrats] don’t know what they’ve gotten into, and they’re going to find out the hard way, I’m afraid.”

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Shh. No one is supposed to know. Let's pretend they're all straight.
LOL! Or we could just acknowledge that the virus isn't a punishment from some angry god. :rolleyes:

Pride goes before a fall. Look at what they were saying about a month ago.

March 10, 2020 Coronavirus doesn't stop Purim party for Israel's haredi Jews - France 24

Israel, which has 58 coronavirus cases, has imposed a mandatory two-week quarantine on anyone entering the country and banned public gatherings of more than 5,000 people, among other measures.

But for ultra-Orthodox residents of Bnei Brak, a town east of Tel Aviv, it was Purim as usual on Tuesday.

Thousands were on the streets, including staggering teenagers swigging red wine straight from the bottle.

Men, women and children wore costumes that ranged from tame, like a unicorn, to more politically controversial.

Ahuva Alfa, who said her son was dressed as "a Palestinian throwing rocks", told AFP she had no concerns about contracting coronavirus.

"Rabbi Kanievsky said there won't be corona in Bnei Brak, so there won't be corona in Bnei Brak," Alfa said, referring to Shmaryahu Yosef Chaim Kanievsky, a leader of the ultra-Orthodox, or haredi, community.

"During the Gulf War he said no (Iraqi) scud (missiles) will land on Bnei Brak, and he was right!"
Wow. So are they looking at Rabbi Kanievksy in a different light now? He wasn't just wrong, he was tragically wrong. The question becomes, does that matter to his followers?