Covid 19... Not the main concern.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, I think the virus is real. And yes, it is more dangerous because of the extended incubation period before symptoms become evident. And yes, people are dying. But people are also getting better...a lot more than who are dying. And a lot more people aren't even getting the virus. So does the panic and reaction from governments and appropriate response? Is it an overreaction? Is it fear mongering by a compliant media to create a certain mindset among the population in order to make the world more controllable? Are we now witnessing the birth pangs of last day prophecy? Or are we now actually witnessing the birth itself?? Here is a by no means comprehensive list of things I can see developing and being implemented said direct result of this current induced crisis... Remember that Hegelian dialectic... Create sufficient friction between two opposing forces until all involved are willing to accept and welcome a compromise solution. The pain of disunity becomes more unbearable than the pain of unity. Thesis versus antithesis... And the world welcomes synthesis.
  • Single world religion under the aegis of the Vatican.
  • The creation of a common enemy among former rivals... That enemy being fundamentalist Christians who refuse to capitulate to the demands and legislative requirements of the new regime. For example, preaching the gospel... Proselytising... Adhering to the commandments of men rather than those of God, etc.
  • Enforced Mass vaccinations.
  • A deliberately collapsed economy to usher in a cashless society and a global currency.
  • Migration restrictions
  • Population control
  • Euthanasia
  • Climate change agenda
  • Loss of freedoms in exchange for security. For example, freedom of religion, freedom of press, freedom of association, freedom of expression. (All of which we have been seeing being eroded away for some time now).
  • And finally, at least as far as this list is concerned although I am sure many of you could add further bullet points, the appearance of a "Superstar' who has the solution to all the world's problems if only we accept his authority over our lives.
Now most of you know I'm an Adventist, do you would know who it is I am referring to as that Superstar. Watch this space.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you may be thinking, where is the biblical evidence for such a scenario? Here...

KJV Matthew 24
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

So the above is where we are now. We've witnessed all of the above. We are living it. So what is the next step in the process timeline?

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Did you get that? Hated it all Nations... Those Nations which were formerly, just two verses ago, at each other's throats are now united under a common purpose... Deliver those who profess Christ and keep His commandments to the authorities to be afflicted, and then killed. Why would that be? Because they have refused that Mark which the rest of the world readily accepted. Instead they have that name. The name in their forehead... The name of their Father. Not the father the world has accepted, but the name and character of the holy one who reigns and rules over the Nations from His throne in glory. Not the counterfeit who pretends to reign over men. Soon, everyone will have a choice to make. And it's going to cost.

Reactions: Nancy

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Why did you post this in the non-Christian sub-forum? For non-Christians like me, this is kinda nuts. A one-world religion implemented by the Vatican because of a virus? Huh? o_O

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why did you post this in the non-Christian sub-forum? For non-Christians like me, this is kinda nuts. A one-world religion implemented by the Vatican because of a virus? Huh? o_O
The system around us bounces off and uses pretexts to ratchet their agenda and to implement laws to that end. For the person who has little if any idea of how this impacts the fulfilment of prophecy re the last days it will all sound if not a mystery, total foolishness. For those who understand these events recognise these are the harbingers of a time of trouble such as never was which herald the return of Jesus.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You think only Christians will be affected by such a global tyranny as a single world religion that enforces all to submit to it's authority?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
The system around us bounces off and uses pretexts to ratchet their agenda and to implement laws to that end. For the person who has little if any idea of how this impacts the fulfilment of prophecy re the last days it will all sound if not a mystery, total foolishness. For those who understand these events recognise these are the harbingers of a time of trouble such as never was which herald the return of Jesus.
In other words, only end times believers will appreciate the OP. Thus my question, why post in a sub-forum for non-believers?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
You think only Christians will be affected by such a global tyranny as a single world religion that enforces all to submit to it's authority?
I think only Christians believe those sorts of things are going to happen, which brings me back to my question of, why post this in a sub-forum for non-believers who are most likely to just see the OP as crazy? Are you trying to be persuasive? Are you trying to convert us?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How else would those attempting to implement such a scheme succeed? Can you imagine the reaction from the world's if someone came along and suggested it just because they thought it a cool thing to do? But what if conditions were such that the planet saw such a move as the only solution? And like I said, it's not just the virus that will initiate this. There's climate change. A crashing economy. Food shortages. Exponentially increasing unemployment. Homelessness.......

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
How else would those attempting to implement such a scheme succeed? Can you imagine the reaction from the world's if someone came along and suggested it just because they thought it a cool thing to do? But what if conditions were such that the planet saw such a move as the only solution? And like I said, it's not just the virus that will initiate this. There's climate change. A crashing economy. Food shortages. Exponentially increasing unemployment. Homelessness.......
If you're wrong and this pandemic comes and goes, and none of that stuff happens because of the virus, what then? Doesn't the Bible prescribe a harsh penalty for false prophets?

Reactions: Willie T

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think only Christians believe those sorts of things are going to happen, which brings me back to my question of, why post this in a sub-forum for non-believers who are most likely to just see the OP as crazy? Are you trying to be persuasive? Are you trying to convert us?
Whether you believe it or not now doesn't matter. You have been warned, so that when it does take place you will know it wasn't an accident. It wasn't just a natural progression in politics and/or religion. Hopefully , you will come to the realization that these things have come to pass because powers in the world opposed to your freedoms to worship, or not to worship, seek to control your life regardless of your say so. Oh, you will also realise that prophecy warned you as well... Even though you didn't believe it.
And you will discover that God must be real after all because He had been dealing with this precise scenario off and on for 5000 years. On this occasion it affects you personally. On this occasion it affects the entire globe. On this occasion it ushers in the second coming of Christ and all that entails... The destruction of everything on the planet and judgement.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In other words, only end times believers will appreciate the OP. Thus my question, why post in a sub-forum for non-believers?
I think the unprecedented events upon us will get many, both believers and unbelievers to question what is going on and engage in further enquiry. One way or the other the people will not be left ignorant. All will come to realise to a greater or lesser extent that events of personal and cosmic significance are unfolding.

Reactions: Nancy

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This all reminds me of Ted Decker's black, red, and white, green book series called the Circle series. It's about a lab that created a virus called the Raisan strain that is very deadly and is released through travel. Humanity is almost or pretty much wiped out and God begins again a different way

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you're wrong and this pandemic comes and goes, and none of that stuff happens because of the virus, what then? Doesn't the Bible prescribe a harsh penalty for false prophets?
Oh, this pandemic will come and go. Just like 9/11 did. Just like all disasters do. But what will it bring in it's train? What will result? A further erosion in your liberties? Tell me, what other word expression would you use for a situation where you are told to self isolate and get jailed or fined a huge amount if you don't? Martial law perhaps? And hey look, everyone, I mean everyone, is meekly and humbly compliant. Wow. So what is next to bring everyone under control to the whims and fancies of government? Oh, no need for anything else. The world is right where they need to be. So, crash the economy, create a cashless society, they can now almost do what they like and very few object. Anyone complaining and they will be branded a conspiracy theorists for exposing precisely what you are seeing in front of your face

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Whether you believe it or not now doesn't matter.
The same applies to you.

You have been warned, so that when it does take place you will know it wasn't an accident. It wasn't just a natural progression in politics and/or religion. Hopefully , you will come to the realization that these things have come to pass because powers in the world opposed to your freedoms to worship, or not to worship, seek to control your life regardless of your say so. Oh, you will also realise that prophecy warned you as well... Even though you didn't believe it.
And you will discover that God must be real after all because He had been dealing with this precise scenario off and on for 5000 years. On this occasion it affects you personally. On this occasion it affects the entire globe. On this occasion it ushers in the second coming of Christ and all that entails... The destruction of everything on the planet and judgement.[/QUOTE]
Or none of that will happen and life will go on much as it always has, and your predictions will go in the bin with all the other failed predictions before you.

Reactions: Giuliano

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I think the unprecedented events upon us will get many, both believers and unbelievers to question what is going on and engage in further enquiry. One way or the other the people will not be left ignorant. All will come to realise to a greater or lesser extent that events of personal and cosmic significance are unfolding.
Or not.

Reactions: Giuliano

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This all reminds me of Ted Decker's black, red, and white, green book series called the Circle series. It's about a lab that created a virus called the Raisan strain that is very deadly and is released through travel. Humanity is almost or pretty much wiped out and God begins again a different way
I am no where convinced that the "worst case scenarios' being presented will be realised.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Oh, this pandemic will come and go. Just like 9/11 did. Just like all disasters do. But what will it bring in it's train? What will result? A further erosion in your liberties? Tell me, what other word expression would you use for a situation where you are told to self isolate and get jailed or fined a huge amount if you don't? Martial law perhaps? And hey look, everyone, I mean everyone, is meekly and humbly compliant. Wow.
The word I use is "pandemic", because that's what it is. It's not the first one and it won't be the last.

So what is next to bring everyone under control to the whims and fancies of government? Oh, no need for anything else. The world is right where they need to be. So, crash the economy, create a cashless society, they can now almost do what they like and very few object. Anyone complaining and they will be branded a conspiracy theorists for exposing precisely what you are seeing in front of your face
And if none of that happens, will you be labelled a false prophet?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The same applies to you.

You have been warned, so that when it does take place you will know it wasn't an accident. It wasn't just a natural progression in politics and/or religion. Hopefully , you will come to the realization that these things have come to pass because powers in the world opposed to your freedoms to worship, or not to worship, seek to control your life regardless of your say so. Oh, you will also realise that prophecy warned you as well... Even though you didn't believe it.
And you will discover that God must be real after all because He had been dealing with this precise scenario off and on for 5000 years. On this occasion it affects you personally. On this occasion it affects the entire globe. On this occasion it ushers in the second coming of Christ and all that entails... The destruction of everything on the planet and judgement.
Or none of that will happen and life will go on much as it always has, and your predictions will go in the bin with all the other failed predictions before you.[/QUOTE]
Yep, maybe. We will see. Oh, fwiw, none of the apocolytptic events prophecied in scripture will "fail". They may not come about as we expect, but they will Not fail.