Covid 19... Not the main concern.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Two churches in Georgia and Texas that reopened recently amid the novel coronavirus pandemic have since closed their doors again after churchgoers and religious leaders tested positive for the virus, according to multiple media reports.
This is just more FEAR MONGERING. Testing "positive" is meaningless since 80% of the population may test positive, but only 20% may show symptoms, and only 1% may get seriously ill. Out of those who get ill, it will be primarily the elderly or those with pre-existing health issues who will die.

'Not everyone has an equal chance of succumbing to coronavirus. “Older adults and persons with underlying health conditions or compromised immune systems might be at greater risk for severe illness from this virus,” reports the CDC.'

upload_2020-5-20_14-57-50.png

So the way the data is being presented is deliberately meant to cause fear and panic, instead of dealing with reality. The deaths from Wuhan virus are not much more than those from flu/pneumonia, and less than those from elective surgery.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I'm trying to remember a flu that killed 90,000+ Americans in less than 5 months. Nope, can't think of one.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
90,000 reported deaths in the USA is provisional. Its the figure given by mainstream sources
Other sources have (with the professional opinions of scientists and doctors) said that its a fraction of that

In Australia over 1,000 people died last year from influenza/pneumonia. We only recently reached 100 deaths of people with C19

Its easy to forget why we locked down in the first place.
First they said it will be worse than the Spanish flu which had 50,000,000 deaths
So the reason for isolation was to lower the hospitalization rate as to not overload the hospitals. Flatten the curve

In reality there are just over 300,000 deaths of people with C19. Deaths from C19 appear to be much lower
So there was never any overload and the curve has been flat for a long time.
Now its unjustified authoritarianism. Our lives will never be the same

Im convinced that more deaths are occurring because of the over reaction than the deaths from C19
In New York the ambulance staff were ordered not to resuscitate people
People that should be in hospital were sent home to battle it out. Others wouldn't go to the hospital from fear of catching this harmless virus
Mental illness is underrated and often viewed as a pseudoscience. In reality many people will be mentally effected.

In Australia we see that suicides have gone up by 50% during the lockdown.
That means 4 people are ending their lives every day in Australia because of all this over-hyped nonsense, far more than our reported deaths
And these aren't deaths of people who only had under a year left to live, these are deaths of young people who had their whole lives ahead of them but never even had the chance because of these scandalous events

Like Enoch said the fear mongering is just criminal. Why is my mum being shown now all these coffins lined up in Brasil, after being shown all these deaths in China, then Europe, then America, now South America...

Enough with the bloody fear mongering.
Its just a damn flu

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm trying to remember a flu that killed 90,000+ Americans in less than 5 months. Nope, can't think of one.
Cut that 90,000 by 25% and what do you get? 67,500.

Why cut it down? Because facts are better than fiction.

And in fact the CDC report matches this figure closely:
Total Deaths 68,998 for May 20, 2020
Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Now how many flu deaths were there in the 2017-2018 season?
"The 2017 – 2018 flu season was the deadliest in years, resulting in a record-breaking number of hospitalizations and at least 80,000 deaths, the Centers for Disease Control said in September."
How Does the 2018-2019 Flu Season Compare to Last Year's Deadly Season?

The Left-Liberal media are DELIBERATELY FEAR MONGERING because they think that will help their Anti-Trump Campaign, while it also helps the Democratic totalitarian governors to control and prevent the country from getting back to normal. If America crashes, the media will rejoice.

Trump should never have allowed this to happen under a nation-wide health emergency. In fact he has sabotaged himself over and over again since January with all his poor decisions.

But Liberals and Democrats thrive on lies. That is the primary staple in their diets. And now Trump is allowing the Deep State to call the shots.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Now how many flu deaths were there in the 2017-2018 season?
"The 2017 – 2018 flu season was the deadliest in years, resulting in a record-breaking number of hospitalizations and at least 80,000 deaths, the Centers for Disease Control said in September."
How Does the 2018-2019 Flu Season Compare to Last Year's Deadly Season?

The Left-Liberal media are DELIBERATELY FEAR MONGERING because they think that will help their Anti-Trump Campaign, while it also helps the Democratic totalitarian governors to control and prevent the country from getting back to normal. If America crashes, the media will rejoice.

Trump should never have allowed this to happen under a nation-wide health emergency. In fact he has sabotaged himself over and over again since January with all his poor decisions.

But Liberals and Democrats thrive on lies. That is the primary staple in their diets. And now Trump is allowing the Deep State to call the shots.

Hi just a couple of things

The CDC page that you linked says;
When COVID-19 is reported as a cause of death – or when it is listed as a “probable” or “presumed” cause — the death is coded as U07.1. This can include cases with or without laboratory confirmation.
And
Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, pneumonia, or influenza, coded to ICD–10 codes U07.1 or J09–J18.9.

Therefore the real number of deaths caused by C19 will be much lower than what they say in the CDC report

Another thing i noticed was how stable the deaths from all causes were in the first 8 weeks of the year.
Then we see a big spike of up to 15,000 deaths a week. Why did deaths from other causes rise so much during the lockdown???
Its obvious that they were because of the lockdowns but they don't want to talk about those deaths cos their not important to them

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States

Geez guy, you had this explained to you before.....and it's even right there on the CDC you just linked to!

"It is important to note that it can take several weeks for death records to be submitted to National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), processed, coded, and tabulated. Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods."

Try and keep up.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has got me wondering BL. I have to admit I am seeing something never yet seen in my own lifetime. But you dont know - is it just a shadow or could it be an actual beginning of...birth pangs? I read Revelation and try to imagine how it will all play out.
It's interesting that I always saw the famine in the beginning of Rev to be caused by lack of rain, but it wouldnt have to necessarily be so. Famine just means scarcity of food I think. Doesnt necessarily have to come from drought...

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Analysis by Columbia University Scientists shows if states had begun issuing stay-at-home orders just one week before they actually did, around 36,000 people would not have died and more than 700,000 positive virus cases avoided, and doing so two weeks earlier could have prevented 54,000 deaths and 960,000 cases.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Analysis by Columbia University Scientists shows if states had begun issuing stay-at-home orders just one week before they actually did, around 36,000 people would not have died and more than 700,000 positive virus cases avoided, and doing so two weeks earlier could have prevented 54,000 deaths and 960,000 cases.

But what's to say they wouldnt have just caught it later then? It's so highly transmissible that you cant really stop it.

I really was under the impression that the most immediate reason for lockdown was not so people wouldnt ever catch covid but so that they all wouldnt catch it at ONCE, thereby overwhelming the hospitals.

And for the elderly or those with preexisting comorbidities, I saw it as buying some time for them to discover effective treatments before they caught it.

But I dont think the point of lockdown was to decrease deaths but rather to not have ICU'S completely overrun and to not have massive deaths all at once. So it was not designed to spare life but to slow spread. At least i thought so...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noted something interesting. I dont know what to make of it, just that I've noted it. Those pushing to reopen vs. those pushing not to reopen appears to be largely related to Republican vs. Democrat. I wouldnt have expected that.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
But what's to say they wouldnt have just caught it later then? It's so highly transmissible that you cant really stop it.
If the stay at home orders had been implemented earlier (and if people comply), the spread could have been halted, as has been shown in other countries that issued SAH orders as soon as the first cases were detected. If people aren't interacting, they aren't transmitting the virus, and eventually it will be eliminated.

I really was under the impression that the most immediate reason for lockdown was not so people wouldnt ever catch covid but so that they all wouldnt catch it at ONCE, thereby overwhelming the hospitals.
Correct. That was the point of the SAH orders once it was clear the virus had already spread too widely for it to be eliminated.

And for the elderly or those with preexisting comorbidities, I saw it as buying some time for them to discover effective treatments before they caught it.
That's correct as well.

I have noted something interesting. I dont know what to make of it, just that I've noted it. Those pushing to reopen vs. those pushing not to reopen appears to be largely related to Republican vs. Democrat. I wouldnt have expected that.
Sadly that's true. I never would have thought that a pandemic would become so politicized, but that's where we are.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the stay at home orders had been implemented earlier (and if people comply), the spread could have been halted, as has been shown in other countries that issued SAH orders as soon as the first cases were detected. If people aren't interacting, they aren't transmitting the virus, and eventually it will be eliminated.

What countries has it been halted in...? I am thinking it cant BE halted. It jumped to humans and is very transmissible. Now it has a new mixing bowl to mutate in. I think it cant be eliminated by quarantine because it is too transmissible for that to work. It would be like putting the world on lockdown to try to eliminate the yearly flu.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me this might go along the lines of many strains, like the flu. I think its here to stay.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It's cos Trump wants to open up. The default position of the dems is to oppose Trump no matter what
Also i find that most, if not all of the people that work for the state are dems. Republicans mostly work in the private sector
The people telling everyone to stay home are the ones working

Reactions: historyb

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well you do have a point there!

But...I dont think that roughly half the population agreeing we should take a few more weeks of caution vs. roughly half the population thinking we should reopen now is just following your political party. Is it? I dont know...

I personally dont care either way. I will just do what I'm told. I ranted a bit at first because I had no money and wasn't allowed to open my shop to get some, but then I saw I was not having the obedience of trust and I found rest in it. And oddly (or not so oddly?) some money came right after I insisted I would trust...

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
What countries has it been halted in...? I am thinking it cant BE halted. It jumped to humans and is very transmissible. Now it has a new mixing bowl to mutate in. I think it cant be eliminated by quarantine because it is too transmissible for that to work. It would be like putting the world on lockdown to try to eliminate the yearly flu.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31097-7/fulltext

Did you see this?

Fox News is telling its employees to work from home for at least another month while its TV hosts push for businesses to reopen