Crazy Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
Lots of people here seem to know the Bible very well and there are some weird questions I have always wondered about.

1. Can we sin in Heaven? Satan did and was kicked out, I have always been worried that I would sin and get kicked out, I obviously don't want that. I know the devil is here on earth tempting us...what will happen in Heaven?

2. I feel like I am a warrior for God and weapons are part of my life, will there be any for me to practice with in Heaven and can I be a soldier for God in Heaven?

3. Will there be jobs we can do in Heaven (kind of ties in with question 2)?

4. Can I live all alone in my house in Heaven and have the opportunity to be alone? I enjoy peace and quiet and sometimes a day just relaxing with nobody around is just what the doctor ordered. Jesus said he was preparing a place for us, can it be on a tropical island?

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014

1. Can we sin in Heaven? Satan did and was kicked out, I have always been worried that I would sin and get kicked out, I obviously don't want that. I know the devil is here on earth tempting us...what will happen in Heaven?
The problem is with our bodies of flesh. However, in “heaven” we’ll have glorified bodies -- no more bodies of flesh tempting us to sin.

2. I feel like I am a warrior for God and weapons are part of my life, will there be any for me to practice with in Heaven and can I be a soldier for God in Heaven?
There will be nothing to fight against in heaven. But if it is possible for what you call “weapons” to exist in heaven, then they will be utilized for the sole purpose of glorifying God. Recall the beating of swords into plowshares. Not to worry -- there will definitely be things to do in heaven, and I doubt (at least for me, because I am not a harpist) that it will involve playing a harp all day long!

The only “job” we were created for is to glorify God. But again, there will be stuff to do -- recall the garden of Eden before the fall; “work” was instituted before the fall., but it wasn’t accomplished through the sweat of the brow!

4. Can I live all alone in my house in Heaven and have the opportunity to be alone?
Scripture says it’s not good for man to be alone. It’s only because of the consequences of being in the flesh on the earth that one would even consider wanting to be alone.

I enjoy peace and quiet and sometimes a day just relaxing with nobody around is just what the doctor ordered.
There will be no need for doc’s in heaven! Nothing dies, no one gets sick. :)

Jesus said he was preparing a place for us, can it be on a tropical island?
Hey, I’ve been sojourning on tropical islands for exactly 32 years. And it’s been grand, but it ain’t heaven!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Thunderkat said:
Lots of people here seem to know the Bible very well and there are some weird questions I have always wondered about.

4. Can I live all alone in my house in Heaven and have the opportunity to be alone? I enjoy peace and quiet and sometimes a day just relaxing with nobody around is just what the doctor ordered. Jesus said he was preparing a place for us, can it be on a tropical island?
1. God is good. He will never remove our free will. Hence, we can rebel, be naughty etc. But, everyone who makes it to heaven will have a '''heart after God's''. Their heart desires to be with God > self. God is a very good judge of our hearts and minds Jer 17:9-10. He does not make a mistake. Ultimately we always come back to God because He has our hearts. We truly gave them to Him.

2. Yes. I believe so. Angels seem to have been soldiers from birth.

3. If we do it will be selfless / non profit business I would imagine. Hard to see currency stay the same when the streets are paved with gold. We will have things to do to keep ourselves busy. It will not be praise and worship all day long. But I do see praise and worship being something extra special in heaven. Like digging our hands in a cookie jar.

4. We will all have a house in the New Jerusalem. I believe you will have as much peace and quiet as you want. We are children of God not slaves. We are set free 100% from slavery. I also believe you will have your tropical island retreat on another planet ;). God created the universe / zillions of planets...for no reason?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Nobody knows what heaven will be like, but one thing's for sure...when you find yourself there, the questions you ask won't really matter. You'll be in the presence of God, which will trump everything else.

Reactions: Thunderkat

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Thunderkat said:

1. "He that overcomes will be dressed in white. I will not blot out their names from the Book of Life." (Revelation 3:5) Lay aside all worry about forfeiting heaven when you get there, for sin, temptation, and our corrupt nature will be a thing of the past. Be not afraid.

2. In Heaven, all dissensions will be permanently resolved, and all things have been subjugated to Christ forever (Hebrews 2:8) As I told you in a different thread, gird up your loins, put on the full armor of God, for the fight is now and you are a warrior for God today. May the courage of Joshua and Caleb be yours!

3. It's commonly believed that heaven will be boring. Placid pictures of people with wings playing harps on clouds certainly feeds into this terrible distortion. Heaven will be a very physical place, with the natural world redeemed and restored. There will be plenty of opportunity for engaging pursuits of every kind.

4. People speculate on heaven and that's as it should be. We should be looking forward with great earnestness to what awaits us. Rather than try to answer your question specifically, I'd say that it's impossible for heaven to disappoint, that in no way will eternal life be lacking in any way. We are promised an eternal home in heaven, built for us by God. IYours will be on a tropical island, but mine will be perched in a rock overlooking forests and lakes, and in the winter, snow will not be lacking.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Thunderkat said:

Well Thunderkat you pose some interesting questions.

I'm not going to talk much about heaven ... because dwelling in some spiritual place called heaven is going to be temporary.
What ? ... I thought we get to live in heaven forever ? ... No.

The book of 2 Peter 3:12 - 13 says,

looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements
will melt with intense heat! But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

So once all evil has been judged etc., etc, God is going to fry this universe and create a new one.

More specifically, God is going to create a new Earth that does not have an ocean and then he is going to bring the City where he now resides
(in heaven) called The New Jerusalem, with all the believers down to this new Earth ... and that is where we are going to live for eternity.

The Book of Revelation 21:1 - 3 talks about this specifically it says,

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,
and God himself will be with them as their God.

Also remember that we will have eternal glorified bodies that can never get sick, grow old or die... how cool is that !
Also no devil.

Now as to what we are going to do no one can really say, but it's going to be really awesome, 1 Cor 2:9 says,

but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN,
ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."

If it's God, then it's not going to be boring because he isn't boring ... we can speculate about what we're going to do but like I said no one can really
say.
But hey, we've got a whole new planet to explore ...

Reactions: Thunderkat

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my turn...

1. Can we sin in heaven?

Don't know. But I do know we won't. We will have a new mind, or rather, a pure mind stirred up by way of remembrance (this is going on now... It's already being formed). As for Satan, whatever happened to him was ordained by God. Foreordained, that is... We aren't forordained to condemnation.

2. Can you be a soldier in heaven?

Actually, you WILL be a soldier in heaven and on earth. Don't bother learning martial arts, sword play or learning to shoot guns though... The weapons of our warfare are not carnal. If you want to practice your fighting technique, start reading the Bible.

Don't forget that heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. There is going to be a battle, and when Jesus comes back (no, not for the rapture, but for war) we will be his army.

3. Jobs in heaven?

I'm sure God will find us something to do. I alreay outlined our soldier job desciption, but for a while we will be kings and priests watching over the earth. We will also be witnesses and judges during the White Throne Judgment.

4. Can you live in your house alone?

No. You'll have peace. Jesus is that peace, but this question is a bit too carnally minded. We are going to be one body, many members. One mind, one accord. It's not like you are going to have a literal mansion or anything like that. Remember, in this heaven there is no Sun or Moon because there is no need for light. God's the light. There won't even be a Temple there Cause God is the Temple.