Crazy......the left would do ANYTHING....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who in the world would want a Theocracy? That would be where every knee would bow to God, and He would rule and reign supreme.

Sorry Willie, you’re thinking of Heaven

Theocracies are as close to Heaven as nuclear weapon proliferation is to peacekeeping.

Reactions: junobet

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does God wants us to do in the given situation?
I believe I read somewhere once upon a time in the Bible, that we are to live peaceably among our neighbors, AS is possible....in other words, we cannot just 'go along' because we want to follow after men's laws and that there are times when we just cannot agree with those in charge...considering that it became illegal for Christians to come together at one point, also shows us that they totally ignored that law, and so they should have !

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe history is repeating itself
Perhaps it's just a case of :" those who live by the sword shall die by the sword" ? I'm not sure where but I think I read in the Bible somewhere that any nation who is not righteous will fall...So I cannot see any standing as things are today...God help us indeed :)

Reactions: Helen

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Perhaps it's just a case of :" those who live by the sword shall die by the sword" ? I'm not sure where but I think I read in the Bible somewhere that any nation who is not righteous will fall...So I cannot see any standing as things are today...God help us indeed :)
Yepp, the angry prophets of the OT keep telling us how unrighteous nations will be destroyed. And whenever Israel was overrun by its enemies they said it was because Israel strayed from the path of righteousness, which is described here for example:

3 This is what the Lord says: “Uphold justice and righteousness. Deliver from their oppressor those who have been robbed. Don’t mistreat or do violence to the alien, the orphan, or the widow, or shed the blood of innocent people in this place. 4 Rather, carefully obey this message, and then kings sitting for David on his throne and riding in chariots and on horses will enter the gates of this house. The king will enter along with his officials and his people. 5 But if you don’t listen to these words, I swear,” declares the Lord, “that this house will become a ruin.”“ (Jeremiah 22:3-5)

And for the “America First” this verse should be an especially poignant warning:

“This is that carefree city that lived irresponsibly,
that told herself, ‘Me first!’
and, ‘There will be no one else!’
How ruined she has become—
a habitat for wild animals!
Everyone who passes by her will sneer at her
and make obscene gestures!”

(Zephaniah 2:15)

As you said: God help us indeed.

Reactions: pia and aspen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I read somewhere once upon a time in the Bible, that we are to live peaceably among our neighbors, AS is possible....in other words, we cannot just 'go along' because we want to follow after men's laws and that there are times when we just cannot agree with those in charge...considering that it became illegal for Christians to come together at one point, also shows us that they totally ignored that law, and so they should have !
It is not precisely the verse you recall but I do remember what Daniel did with regard to man's law when it conflicted with his relationship with God:

"All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the princes, the counsellors, and the captains, have consulted together to establish a royal statute, and to make a firm decree, that whosoever shall ask a petition of any God or man for thirty days, save of thee, O king, he shall be cast into the den of lions." Dan 6:7

" Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime." Dan 6:10

As we remember, Daniel was cast into the lion's den... but then for his stand we may give God the glory!

Reactions: pia