Cremation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a beautiful idea. What kind of tree would you have?? I think I'd want a big Cedar tree!

Either a pecan or one that turns red in the fall. :) It really doesn't matter to me, Im in Heaven, but using my ashes to plant a tree brings more life in the world to help others

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's a beautiful idea. What kind of tree would you have?? I think I'd want a big Cedar tree!
Just remember what happened to the big tree dreamed of by Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel.

I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven; He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches: (Dan 4:13,14)

Looks like you have committed yourself to the pagan practice of cremation in spite of everything I have posted from Scripture. Which also means that you will lead others astray in this matter.

Reactions: Candidus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remember what happened to the big tree dreamed of by Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel.

I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven; He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches: (Dan 4:13,14)

Looks like you have committed yourself to the pagan practice of cremation in spite of everything I have posted from Scripture. Which also means that you will lead others astray in this matter.

All my family has been cremated. No one lived to tell about. Lol. I think it is fine. :) Our bodies are vessels and go back to ash when death comes. One way or another! I can post scripture when I have two hands. :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, if you're going to go there then, I hope you don't put up Christmas trees.
;)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt even know there was an argument on cremation. You are dead. Id rather worry about matters IN my body instead of when I am out of it. But your dedication to honoring God even in death is honorable Enoch. I disagree and grateful if I am wrong I am forgiven.

Reactions: marks

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you're going to go there then, I hope you don't put up Christmas trees.
;)
I don't. So tell me, how would Enoch putting up a Christmas tree justify using a heathen practice as your last testimony glorify God?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians can't have it both ways.

But they can.
Body's eaten by animals, drowned and lost at Sea, burned and exploded by fire and explosion, lost dead in a field rotting in the open....ARE NOT buried.

They can be memorialized, acknowledged in a service for remembrance...but not buried.
Are they any less Converted Christians?

And what about family members who can not "afford" to bury a family member? Is Debt according to Scripture Ever a good thing to incur? I only know of ONE time and it is not for paying to bury a body.

But ON the bright Side...regarding Cost.
A great majority of the Several States have laws regarding private burials on private land possibilities. Some of the laws are explicit requiring a casket, or a box. Or simply body burial with no box or casket.
Each State's County Offices can give an inquiring person that Counties specific requirements.
Again...not All of the Several States allow for such burials.

Glory to God,
Taken

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they can.
Body's eaten by animals, drowned and lost at Sea, burned and exploded by fire and explosion, lost dead in a field rotting in the open....ARE NOT buried.
Sounds more like an argument for a Muslim suicide bomber than a Christian seeking Biblical example.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds more like an argument for a Muslim suicide bomber than a Christian seeking Biblical example.

That person already gave an Example of A Jewish Burial and was relating their thoughts Christians should follow, a particular portion of Jewish custom of Dead Body burial.

I said nothing about Muslims or killing of Christians.

My point was about Deaths of Christians, where there is no body To bury.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch111

Do you believe Christians Should bury their dead, in Caves, rather than in a hole in the ground?

And should Christians bury their dead, the same day of the death, before sundown?

And what about the handling of a Dead Body? Should Christians Not touch a dead body?
If so, then how does One bury a dead body?

Thanks,
Taken

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Nancy I love this, so I copied and pasted it from your OP. What is the mouth?? My keyboard doesn't seem to have this. (Sorry this is off topic.)

As to the OP, I don't prefer cremation at all, but sometimes it's the only option.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm opting for a simple marker. Have been to a lot of Cemeteries where trees were planted and headstones Become tipped over and broken by the roots and trunk of the tree growing so large over the years.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Since I see no direct instruction in The Word about cremation...why would a Christian think it is wrong? Look at all those who have died in fires (many Christians as well)...nothing to bury ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. So, if a Christian chooses for various reasons to be cremated rather than buried or placed into a crypt does that suddenly void out their salvation? Flesh and blood will not inherit the Kingdom, but our glorified NEW bodies will, I don't think God needs our rotted corpse to give us new bodies.

"But someone may ask, ‘How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come"?

If we sow, we don't plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else...So it's supposed to be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body." 1 Corinthians 15:35, 37, 42-44

Our bodies will slowly decay and the Resurrection bodies are NOT what we were buried in anyhow. So, since I do plan on cremation, I'd love to hear other's take on this subject.
Thank you and God Bless
nancy
no comment on the subject here, sorry, but i would say that flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom might also be a clever way to say "it is your spirit that must inherit, preferably today" rather than "our glorified bodies will" I came that you might have life, more abundantly