Cremation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm opting for a simple marker. Have been to a lot of Cemeteries where trees were planted and headstones Become tipped over and broken by the roots and trunk of the tree growing so large over the years.
Ah yes, well, there is that! My marker is simple, and small.

Reactions: Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am fine with cremation of my body.

Many saints of the past were "cremated" by evil folks and God can find them without problem.

Fact is, only the unsaved part of us(the flesh) is destroyed.
ah, thats a fact, is it?
ok then, who can argue with facts right

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Nancy I love this, so I copied and pasted it from your OP. What is the mouth?? My keyboard doesn't seem to have this. (Sorry this is off topic.)

As to the OP, I don't prefer cremation at all, but sometimes it's the only option.
Hi PW,
The shrug, I just copy and paste it...just put in your browser "how to make a shrug from my keyboard and lot's will come up. Easy peasy :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch111

Do you believe Christians Should bury their dead, in Caves, rather than in a hole in the ground?

And should Christians bury their dead, the same day of the death, before sundown?

And what about the handling of a Dead Body? Should Christians Not touch a dead body?
If so, then how does One bury a dead body?

Thanks,
Taken

Why do so many want to put us under a non existent law? A law of their own making. Wow. So forget Easter and Christmas kids...been cancelled! :rolleyes:

Reactions: marks and Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do so many want to put us under a non existent law? A law of their own making. Wow. So forget Easter and Christmas kids...been cancelled! :rolleyes:

Some do some don't consider OT Laws, Jews and Christians.
Ya I call it Easter, but my heart and mind are set on Christ Jesus in Rememberance of Him.
And yes I celebrate Christmas. Sometimes a tree, sometimes not. Give gifts from the heart, rather a dreaded obligation.
It's very a joyous time with family.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, ty and have a nice day. If youd ever like to have a conversation let me know
Okay, when you are ready for a dose of perfect truth, Truther will chat with you....:p

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some do some don't consider OT Laws, Jews and Christians.
Ya I call it Easter, but my heart and mind are set on Christ Jesus in Rememberance of Him.
And yes I celebrate Christmas. Sometimes a tree, sometimes not. Give gifts from the heart, rather a dreaded obligation.
It's very a joyous time with family.

Glory to God,
Taken

Praise God! We know who we are celebrating and, when I was brought up, we were always taught...from day one what these Holy-days were to be about. I was Catholic then so of course, we all together went to Mass. And, we were so grateful for our good times together...lot's of memories made. (feeling thoughtful :)

Reactions: Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Body's eaten by animals, drowned and lost at Sea, burned and exploded by fire and explosion, lost dead in a field rotting in the open....ARE NOT buried.
Neither did they CHOOSE to be cremated. Big difference.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see "ashes" here. Just "dust". BIG DIFFERENCE. But then people can find any excuse to justify cremation.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. [17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; [18] While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

but though our outward man perish,(shall return to the dust) yet the inward man (turned again, returned to God) is renewed (restored)day by day.
...While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen:

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are motives automatically evaluated as being selfish and uncaring - all of us have time to reflect and consider how we would prefer our bodies to be dealt with. It’s actually cheaper and less of a financial burden on others to be cremated.
I've appreciated that most of my family has opted for cremation, as this made things so much easier.

We still held our memorials (pre-covid!), and we still proclaim our hope in the ressurection.

And instead of paying several thousand dollars to have the dust to dust part take decades, you can pay several hundred dollars for the dust to dust part to happen in an hour.

Much love!

Reactions: Rita