Cuddling Therapy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe.. But why would he need a beautiful woman? Why not an ordinary woman? Or one of the wives? Why an attractive electric blanket person? That part is kind of off to me.

But I agree with you that it is a bad idea. I think we all at some point feel alone and desperate for human touch. So I empathize with the feeling but I will also say that it would do more harm than good.
I think we need to realize that none of this was David's idea. Those near and dear to him were seeking his welfare by finding a beautiful woman (out of respect for his position) who would genuinely cherish him and love him for who he was. Abishag was true to her calling at this time. It's interesting that there must have been a great deal of emotional issues going on as a result of course, although there is no reason to believe Bathsheba was jealous or objected, in fact, she may have even agreed to the arrangement and was consulted. Maybe not. But later, Solomon actually went against his mother's wishes and defended Abishag by not giving her to Adonijah. Clearly Abishag, in her duty as David's hot water bottle, gained a reputation...a good one I think.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we need to realize that none of this was David's idea. Those near and dear to him were seeking his welfare by finding a beautiful woman (out of respect for his position) who would genuinely cherish him and love him for who he was. Abishag was true to her calling at this time. It's interesting that there must have been a great deal of emotional issues going on as a result of course, although there is no reason to believe Bathsheba was jealous or objected, in fact, she may have even agreed to the arrangement and was consulted. Maybe not. But later, Solomon actually went against his mother's wishes and defended Abishag by not giving her to Adonijah. Clearly Abishag, in her duty as David's hot water bottle, gained a reputation...a good one I think.

I don't think Bathsheba would have thought much of it at that time. David had "many" wives. The Bible names eight of them and then he had concubines.

LOL @hot water bottle.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,@Don Mills,

A Welsh 'Cwtch' is a big hug, and is amazingly therapeutic. I have missed being able to hug family members, and yesterday I broke the rules and cwtched my grandson as hard as could be, he is twelve years old and can beat me at arm wrestling, so he could handle it. Corona virus or no corona virus, it had to be done! :)

Thinking about your cuddling therapy: if it were taking place in a group, so that you were not in a one to one situation then it may be OK, or if the one offering the cuddle were grandma or grandpa grade; but only you know your own weakness, and can judge if it would perhaps promote thoughts and desires which you could really do without.

Though, spending time in God's word, and contemplating His amazing love for us, is the best cuddle of all.

:)
As you may have been aware, we were in a total lockdown here in Victoria with a maximum travel limit of 5ks. And then only for very limited reasons, and a written permit from employers if your travel involved work outside that 5ks. My wife and I decided half way through that missing our grand-daughters birthday (turning 5) was too important to miss. We travelled a 70 kl round trip for a few hours with our family. ^ grandchildren, daughter, son-in-law. There was a lot of cwtching that night, no holding back, absolutely no social distancing, no-one was left out, and everyone was a better person as a result. Oh, and no-one got sick either. Our main concern was being stopped at a road check point. We weren't.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe.. But why would he need a beautiful woman? Why not an ordinary woman? Or one of the wives? Why an attractive electric blanket person? That part is kind of off to me.

But I agree with you that it is a bad idea. I think we all at some point feel alone and desperate for human touch. So I empathize with the feeling but I will also say that it would do more harm than good.
I'm under the impression, strictly speculating, that that was a decision by his counselors. I believe that Abishag was not only beautiful but chaste too, and that that was a dignity required for a monarch, as far as royal observances are concerned. In other words, I don't believe that David hand-picked her, nor that his advisors selected her based on what they felt David prefers (blondes, brunettes, high cheek bones, blue eyes...). I think that we agree that there was absolutely no intimacy between David and Abishag, even as far as positioning is concerned, that her looks were incidental outside of giving glory to David's kingdom and kingship. Out of respect to the young maiden, I don't believe that David became aroused or was stimulated on any level, nor was meant to be?