Cuddling Therapy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it, you are using someone's body to satisfy a "need". I have absolutely no doubt it works! But, yea... I see your point and perhaps likening it to prostitution isn't fair. I certainly wouldn't say the same thing about massage therapy which I've had (no... Not the ones that include a happy ending) for muscle recovery from athletics.

My wife paid for me to get a massage once, and one thing I learned: DON'T pick the cute one. If you're really sore and need a message, go with the one that looks like this, and has a Russian accent, and goes by the name "Helga."

girls-power-metaphor-with-muscular-mature-woman-flexing-biceps-PJT6Y7.jpg

She was cute and all, but after about five minutes I was thinking, "Ok, sister. Put your back in it a little. This isn't painting we're doing here. We're trying to get a man back to where he doesn't feel like he's been run over by three mules and a pick up truck."

Right then and there I made a note to myself: "Next time pick Helga, brother. Skip the pretty face, and go with Helga."

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Don Mills

This happened in 1 Kings 1.

Abishag Cares for David

Now King David was old and well along in years, and though they covered him with blankets, he could not keep warm. So his servants said to him, “Let us search for a young virgin for our lord the king, to attend to him and care for him and lie by his side to keep him warm.” Then they searched throughout Israel for a beautiful girl, and they found Abishag the Shunammite and brought her to the king. The girl was unsurpassed in beauty; she cared for the king and served him, but he had no relations with her.

But keep in mind King David "was old." Like... there's... that biology thing. He was old. He wasn't "fruitfully" young.

Wow! What an excellent find! Just when you think there's no scriptural basis for something, LoL.

Wonderful stuff! If you want to join our Bible discussions, Fluffy, I can tag you. That's the sort of insight I appreciate. :cool:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! What an excellent find! Just when you think there's no scriptural basis for something, LoL.

Wonderful stuff! If you want to join our Bible discussions, Fluffy, I can tag you. That's the sort of insight I appreciate. :cool:
Sure! I'd love to! I remembered this one because had read it a few months back and I spent a really long time staring at it and meditating; trying to picture how awkward this must have been in my head. :D:D

Reactions: Hidden In Him

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Don Mills

Abishag Cares for David

Now King David was old and well along in years, and though they covered him with blankets, he could not keep warm. So his servants said to him, “Let us search for a young virgin for our lord the king, to attend to him and care for him and lie by his side to keep him warm.” Then they searched throughout Israel for a beautiful girl, and they found Abishag the Shunammite and brought her to the king. The girl was unsurpassed in beauty; she cared for the king and served him, but he had no relations with her.

But keep in mind King David "was old." Like... there's... that biology thing. He was old. He wasn't "fruitfully" young.

You know even the massage parlors around here have "strict rules" and that's for legal reasons and it turns out they don't actually have any rules as long as you have enough dollars. Always keep in mind: Why start a fire you can't put out? This is a dangerous situation. There's STDs. There's probably some mafia stuff behind this. These women could be victims of sex trafficking. What if she's got an undeveloped cold sore that you can't see and ya'll accidentally rub lips in the middle of the night and now you got cold sores all over the place the next week or lice?

I'm speaking somewhat hypocritically because if I knew it was a safe situation I'd do it. I'm that desperate now. I'd straight up pay someone to play Mario Kart and eat chocolate truffles with me right now. I don't even care.

If this was China and if it was as common as that guy who gets paid to do nothing but stand there as another person when people go places or don't want to be alone, I'd do it. But this isn't China and this is probably an easy way to get in trouble.
This was the first thing that came.to mind when I read the OP. But yeah... I don't see it as a legitimate business venture or a safe practice for a Christian man to try. :)

Reactions: DuckieLady

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Had you never read that before? (No critcism...just thought most people about that story.)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure! I'd love to! I remembered this one because had read it a few months back and I spent a really long time staring at it and meditating; trying to picture how awkward this must have been in my head. :D:D

LoL! Hey, they were trying to keep a man of God alive. And it's not like he'd never laid next to a woman before, LoL.

Like I said, I think the whole thing is kinda cute in a way. But maybe that's cuz I'm getting older.

Here is our current study. If you'd like to join in, feel free : ) They're set up so you can just ask questions yourself if you like, too. It's just about sharing thoughts together rather than debating.
Your Thoughts: 1 Thessalonians 1:5-10

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had you never read that before? (No critcism...just thought most people about that story.)

Yes, I'd read it before. Just been awhile : )

I never invited you formally either, but we're discussing scripture more than debating or arguing, and I'm going to be going through entire epistles from beginning to end. You are welcome too. :)
Your Thoughts: 1 Thessalonians 1:5-10

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the best way to answer this question for a guy is to ask yourself what you would think if it was your wife or girlfriend going to one of these cuddling sessions with another guy.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife paid for me to get a massage once, and one thing I learned: DON'T pick the cute one. If you're really sore and need a message, go with the one that looks like this, and has a Russian accent, and goes by the name "Helga."

girls-power-metaphor-with-muscular-mature-woman-flexing-biceps-PJT6Y7.jpg

She was cute and all, but after about five minutes I was thinking, "Ok, sister. Put your back in it a little. This isn't painting we're doing here. We're trying to get a man back to where he doesn't feel like he's been run over by three mules and a pick up truck."

Right then and there I made a note to myself: "Next time pick Helga, brother. Skip the pretty face, and go with Helga."
Like I said, my massage therapy was about healing. The woman wasn't cute, but she was effective in loosening up some overworked muscles.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the best way to answer this question for a guy is to ask yourself what you would think if it was your wife or girlfriend going to one of these cuddling sessions with another guy.

Yeah, I think the therapist would have to be unmarried. Both would, or there might be trouble afoot, LoL.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am curious what you think about going to a professional cuddling therapy session? I am a single guy and live and work mostly alone especially now that I work from home due to Covid. Often I am very lonely. Someone recently recommended cuddle therapy as a way to reduce loneliness and boost my morale. There are a few single ladies in my area who do professional cuddling and I am seriously considering scheduling a 1-2 hour cuddle session with one of them. The rules are that it is a strictly clothes on and platonic cuddling session with no kissing or sexual touching. I am really intrigued and would like to try it out but I’m a bit uncertain about the morality of this.

I am curious what your thoughts are on this? Is this a sin? Is it asking for trouble to have an opposite sex cuddling session between two lonely people? Does anyone here have any experience with a cuddling therapy session such as this?
The whole thing is misguided, DM. If your lonely, cure your mind and find out why Christ's loyalty is not enough for you. We're all lonely, even the married ones. But we're stupid also, in that there's no need to be lonely with all the people around us (Covid or not), and often the loneliness is derived from comparing yourself with others, not with actually feeling forlorn.

And, as far as the hugging is concerned, it's absolutely pathetic - you are clearly not concerned about loneliness which is affected by the heart and mind, but about a sexual desire. No one looks for physical comfort, when claiming that their heart is broken, they are two mutually exclusive principles.

I'm sorry DM, this is wrong on every level. I don't buy it for one minute that it's sincere and benign, it's an excuse.
I don't mean to be harsh, for like I said, we're all lonely in one manner or another, and we can all relate top how you're feeling. But, dealing with it in the manner that you are proposing, is entirely unrelated to the true meaning of loneliness. Find someone to play chess with, build a puzzle, or study the Bible together. Not to come into physical contact with a total stranger who's affections are insincere (defeats the point), in an amorous posture, that's deceiving yourself. This is lustful, not lonely.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am curious what you think about going to a professional cuddling therapy session? I am a single guy and live and work mostly alone especially now that I work from home due to Covid. Often I am very lonely. Someone recently recommended cuddle therapy as a way to reduce loneliness and boost my morale. There are a few single ladies in my area who do professional cuddling and I am seriously considering scheduling a 1-2 hour cuddle session with one of them. The rules are that it is a strictly clothes on and platonic cuddling session with no kissing or sexual touching. I am really intrigued and would like to try it out but I’m a bit uncertain about the morality of this.

I am curious what your thoughts are on this? Is this a sin? Is it asking for trouble to have an opposite sex cuddling session between two lonely people? Does anyone here have any experience with a cuddling therapy session such as this?

I don't know if that is a sin per se' but I do think it is like the proverb says: taking coal in your lap. Cuddling is a very intimate and personal touch and even if the ladies can control themselves, it could open yo to all sorts of temptation . I would avoid it until you got your own lady with a ring, then cuddle like crazy!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and marks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey @Don Mills . Are there any trees around where you live? I haven't tried it myself, but I hear the trees are very much encouraged by a little cuddle from time to time. I don't know if it's mutual.
I'm with @Hidden In Him on this one. I would be way too acutely aware of every single contact point, and the temptation to "innocently" tweek and adjust slightly those contacts to "fine tune" the therapy would be too great for me. King David must have been seriously older than me. And I would not be content with just my feet being warmed. Sorry brother, but I seriously think you'd be playing with fire. And I love a good hearty hug from both men and women. But I can assure you, neither they nor myself would consider it not weird of it lasted an hour.
I was lonely once. I asked the Lord for a wife. We've been married 43 years and have6 children 13 grand children. We get lots of hugging.
Have you ever noticed how sweet a strawberry is when you're hungry? Have you ever noticed how sour a strawberry is after you've eaten a snicker bar? Think about that a while.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,@Don Mills,

A Welsh 'Cwtch' is a big hug, and is amazingly therapeutic. I have missed being able to hug family members, and yesterday I broke the rules and cwtched my grandson as hard as could be, he is twelve years old and can beat me at arm wrestling, so he could handle it. Corona virus or no corona virus, it had to be done! :)

Thinking about your cuddling therapy: if it were taking place in a group, so that you were not in a one to one situation then it may be OK, or if the one offering the cuddle were grandma or grandpa grade; but only you know your own weakness, and can judge if it would perhaps promote thoughts and desires which you could really do without.

Though, spending time in God's word, and contemplating His amazing love for us, is the best cuddle of all.

:)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think a hug (or cwtch) and a cuddle may be different. And I would say we can give anybody a hug - even a stranger - but a cuddle is more familiar.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm with @Hidden In Him on this one. I would be way too acutely aware of every single contact point, and the temptation to "innocently" tweek and adjust slightly those contacts to "fine tune" the therapy

Great way to put it, LoL!!

Sort of a "hands on" approach, where improvisation takes over and has a mind all its own : )
I mean, why not let someone who's really skilled at this stuff go freelance, and maybe do some real open field running, Lol.

What a subject. Never gets old. :p

Reactions: Brakelite and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a hug (or cwtch) and a cuddle may be different. And I would say we can give anybody a hug - even a stranger - but a cuddle is more familiar.
For sure Pat,
Why even put ones self in that situation of all things. Especially if lonely! I cuddle with my dogs, lol. To me, it is just tempting fate really. One things usually leads to another...We ask God to keep us from temptation so the least we should do is keep ourselves from allowing ourselves to actually to be placed in the very situation that could easily lead to sin.
God has a plan for your life @Don Mills :) I don't know, maybe you are strong enough to attempt this. I know I would not because, I'm weak so, I'd rather stay far away from anything that might tempt.
God Bless your choice bro!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Pearl

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Abishag Cares for David

Interesting quote, FYD, but I believe that David's concern was strictly practical and not emotional, ...not to mention that they didn't have electric blankets in those days. Don mills is looking for some kind of emotional therapy which is much more controversial. To the point, that I think that he is entirely missing the essence of his condition, or making excuses, that he's attempting to placate a spiritual desire with a physical remedy, ...and a very precarious one. It's like looking for love and going to a prostitute, or felling stressed and taking a shot of whiskey.
One is not related to the other, despite the act appearing as affectionate, or despite the temporal feeling that it elicits.
Paul learned how to be content under all conditions, DM needs to question why he thinks he's lonely.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting quote, FYD, but I believe that David's concern was strictly practical and not emotional, ...not to mention that they didn't have electric blankets in those days. Don mills is looking for some kind of emotional therapy which is much more controversial. To the point, that I think that he is entirely missing the essence of his condition, or making excuses, that he's attempting to placate a spiritual desire with a physical remedy, ...and a very precarious one. It's like looking for love and going to a prostitute, or felling stressed and taking a shot of whiskey.
One is not related to the other, despite the act appearing as affectionate, or despite the temporal feeling that it elicits.
Paul learned how to be content under all conditions, DM needs to question why he thinks he's lonely.

Maybe.. But why would he need a beautiful woman? Why not an ordinary woman? Or one of the wives? Why an attractive electric blanket person? That part is kind of off to me.

But I agree with you that it is a bad idea. I think we all at some point feel alone and desperate for human touch. So I empathize with the feeling but I will also say that it would do more harm than good.