Current COVID-19 Death Rate: 8%

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to apply that to drinking and driving, as well? After all does anyone really think the government knows more about people's use of alcohol?
Let the people decide whether to drink and drive. Let high risk people decide for themselves.

Err... no, that doesn't seem to work, does it? In either case.

Not even close to being the same!

As you see, it's exactly the same. Some risky behavior only harms one's self. Some, like not wearing masks in public, and drinking while driving, harms others as well. No point in denial; it's well-documented.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you see, it's exactly the same. Some risky behavior only harms one's self. Some, like not wearing masks in public, and drinking while driving, harms others as well. No point in denial; it's well-documented.
No proof? Of course not. You'll never find truth from lying lawyers / politicians.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No proof? Of course not. You'll never find truth from lying lawyers / politicians.
And if the truth turns out to be that people can carry and transmit the illness to others even though they themselves suffer no harm, everything is OK? Is it a good thing to even possibly hurt others although you yourself are in no danger. My wife and I are high risk. My wife with severely compromised immune system is very high risk and cannot go out at all because if it is contagious she will contract it. But... staying at home without exception for both of us is not possible. I am the one who must go out to do that which no one else can do for us. At 76 I am susceptible, but I still always do wear a mask when I have to go out, maintaining my distance, etc. Most of the people I meet when I am out do not. For them it is life as usual...

If I were to become a carrier of this virus because of a lack of reasonable caution on the part of others, it would not be the first time I carried something home to my wife that had little or no affect on me. But... because it is inconvenient and the politicians and/or doctors may be lying... putting my wife at risk is OK.

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Giuliano and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Destroying the economy will destroy MANY more lives than the virus ever could. This is political.

What I don't understand is USA recorded 36k+ cases today, they now have 125,000 deaths from the virus or somewhere near that figure, and they have been easing restrictions.

If Australia was to have that many cases a day or if most other countries recorded that number a day, there would be a total lockdown.

They say the situation in Italy was bad and it was from the recorded evidence I saw on the TV screen, hundreds of people hooked on oxygen + ventilators wasn't a pretty sight in Italy, but USA has had 10 X the amount of total cases, and they are getting back to all the mass gatherings in thousands.

Reactions: Giuliano

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if the truth turns out to be that people can carry and transmit the illness to others even though they themselves suffer no harm, everything is OK? Is it a good thing to even possibly hurt others although you yourself are in no danger. My wife and I are high risk. My wife with severely compromised immune system is very high risk and cannot go out at all because if it is contagious she will contract it. But... staying at home without exception for both of us is not possible. I am the one who must go out to do that which no one else can do for us. At 76 I am susceptible, but I still always do wear a mask when I have to go out, maintaining my distance, etc. Most of the people I meet when I am out do not. For them it is life as usual...

If I were to become a carrier of this virus because of a lack of reasonable caution on the part of others, it would not be the first time I carried something home to my wife that had little or no affect on me. But... because it is inconvenient and the politicians and/or doctors may be lying... putting my wife at risk is OK.

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

Help us dear Lord!
Destroying the economy will destroy MILLIONS of lives. Can you live without money?

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I don't understand is USA recorded 36k+ cases today, they now have 125,000 deaths from the virus or somewhere near that figure, and they have been easing restrictions.

If Australia was to have that many cases a day or if most other countries recorded that number a day, there would be a total lockdown.

They say the situation in Italy was bad and it was from the recorded evidence I saw on the TV screen, hundreds of people hooked on oxygen + ventilators wasn't a pretty sight in Italy, but USA has had 10 X the amount of total cases, and they are getting back to all the mass gatherings in thousands.

I believe the numbers are being fudged and not real. They have lied to us so much that their is no govt official I will believe about this, I believe that Fauci had a hand in this whole thing, he said "Trump will have a pandemic in his 3rd and 4th year." They are all liars the CDC and the whole lot. The libs want to do anything to push us down and President Trump out. We can't lock down forever and have to learn to live again giving in to fear is not an option.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Destroying the economy will destroy MILLIONS of lives. Can you live without money?

Exactly we can do both safely stay open and be responsible we can't haide from something that evil man made. Also the COVID is getting weaker all the time as some Dr's in Italy found and as Trump and others said about 98 percent who are tested now are healthy and had it but never knew it because they had sniffles.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly we can do both safely stay open and be responsible we can't haide from something that evil man made. Also the COVID is getting weaker all the time as some Dr's in Italy found and as Trump and others said about 98 percent who are tested now are healthy and had it but never knew it because they had sniffles.
The Left wants to destroy people's lives "because they had sniffles".

Reactions: historyb

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No proof?

Glad you asked. Let's take a look. From the Association of Anesthetists:

Box 1 1. Key points regarding personal protective equipment (PPE)

1. Coronavirus disease is predominantly transmitted by contact or droplet transmission.
  2. Coronavirus disease can become aerosolised by ‘aerosol generating procedures’ and then airborne transmission is possible.
  3. Personal protective equipment is only one part of a system to protect staff and other patients from COVID‐19 transmission
  4. Personal protective equipment recommendations from international organisations are broadly consistent; PPE use is not.
  5. Appropriate use of PPE significantly reduces the risk of viral transmission and infection.
  6. Personal protective equipment should be matched to the potential mode of viral transmission – contact, droplet or airborne
Error - Cookies Turned Off

Of course not. You'll never find truth from lying lawyers / politicians.

These are from Physicians and scientists.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The EU is now coming out of this pandemic, looking pretty good. We will, thanks to federal bungling of the crisis, suffer much larger losses of life and money. Failure to do the right thing at the right time cost us tens of thousands of lives and did immense economic damage. And there's more to come,because Trump just gave up trying.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we have citizens who think masks could kill you and asking people to wear them is the Devil's work. Okay, she's from Florida, but still!

Reactions: Josho

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying not to go to work or to essential places. I am saying maintain distancing and face mask whenever possible... not only especially vulnerable people. It may be uncomfortable or inconvenient, but it is certainly not unreasonable.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your wrong! The number you are talking about will only matter when the virus is over. We will not know the actual rate of death until random testing for the virus is performed on a stratified sample of the population.

This is true. The apples-to-apples comparison would be the number of people dying from the virus, divided by the number who actually sought medical attention. That's how we calculate influenza death rates (which are usually in the neighborhood of 0.15 percent). I suspect that COVID-19 will turn out to be about 1.5%.

Reactions: MattMooradian

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing to worry about. Trump has this "Kung Flu" thing under control.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your wrong! The number you are talking about will only matter when the virus is over. We will not know the actual rate of death until random testing for the virus is performed on a stratified sample of the population. Your numbers exclude all the people who have had the virus, but have never been counted in any survey. That number is likely higher than 20 million. The current number of cases is far too low for a pandemic. There were 60 million cases of the swine flu in 2009.
I doubt the Left leaning media will ever tell the truth about TRUE virus caused deaths. They are trying with all their might to make Trump look bad.