Daniel 2:44!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 2:44

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up akingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Lk 1:33 His kingdom shall have no end!

The new covenant church founded by Christ is this kingdom! For the church conquered the Roman Empire and all these kingdoms!
Sorry, but the gentile kingdoms still rule the world. And Jesus is not yet on his throne.

he did not defeat rome, when he ascended to heaven, Rome still held power for quite a few centuries

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nonesense, the popes existed from Peter the head of the church on earth,

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors in the church founded by Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,

(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35

Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20
So I assume your catholic?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but the kingdom started 2000 years ago,
As John the Baptist and Jesus said the kingdom of God is at hand, seek the first the kingdom of God, I give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven mt 16:18
Not the kingdom Daniel speaks of everything daniel prophesied has not even occured yet so are still Future

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does the Bible say the Bible needs to be interpreted in its context?
It’s just plain common sense, and proper biblical hermeneutics demands it. Otherwise you can make the Bible say whatever you want it to see

it’s using scripture and history and context to interpret the word. Not just following some man

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah it's a heavenly kingdom called the Messianic kingdom that Jesus Christ is King of.
Messiah has not take his throne yet, he came as suffering servant first, to take away the sin, he will come to assume his rightful throne, when the time of the gentile is completed

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you don’t believe in the Trinity???

then what is the true church founded by Christ on Peter? Matt 16:18 and the apostles Matt 18:18 who are these true Christians who deny the Trinity, do you also deny the divinity of Christ cos without the Trinity one God in three persons you have to deny the divinity of Christ????
Christs church was found on Christ, peter was just one of the foundation stones

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messiah has not take his throne yet, he came as suffering servant first, to take away the sin, he will come to assume his rightful throne, when the time of the gentile is completed

Many people who listen to religious people in Christendom believes that Jesus Christ will come again in the flesh and rule mankind while on Earth. That's not going to happen. Jesus will rule over the Earth from the heavenly kingdom that he has been made king of by his Father and God Jehovah, along with those chosen from mankind who will be kings and priests with Jesus.
Jesus said the World would not see him again.(John 14:19) That has been True. Jesus Apostles and disciples saw Jesus but the world didn't.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people who listen to religious people in Christendom believes that Jesus Christ will come again in the flesh and rule mankind while on Earth. That's not going to happen. Jesus will rule over the Earth from the heavenly kingdom that he has been made king of by his Father and God Jehovah, along with those chosen from mankind who will be kings and priests with Jesus.
Jesus said the World would not see him again.(John 14:19) That has been True. Jesus Apostles and disciples saw Jesus but the world didn't.
If this is true. Much of OT prophecy will never be fulfilled, and God is pretty much deemed a liar

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was a mistake. I meant to say I could care less about what hypocrites have to say when they speak out against JW and point their fingers like they do. You guys don't want me pointing at the flaws of Christendom shut up about JW otherwise take what you dish out
I don't see anybody railing at JW's

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is an aside BB.....the Hebrews never pronounced God's name in case they took it in vain. They abbreviated his name to YHWH leaving out the vowels. Adoni was often used and in time the vowels of YHWH have been forgotten....nobody knows what they are.
You can ask any religious Jew to verify this.

His name is seen in our scripture in this form 'LORD'...all upper case. It is also translated 'Jehovah' but this form is a pure fabrication. It is an attempt to fill in the vowels of YHWH. The actual spelling of Jehovah (the letters ie) is found nowhere in the original text.

Anyway....that's just out of interest.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is true. Much of OT prophecy will never be fulfilled, and God is pretty much deemed a liar

Why because you say so, when you obviously don't believe Jesus himself much less the scriptures. The Pharisees and Saddusees and the majority of Israel didn't believe Jesus because things didn't work out with him the way they believed the scriptures said he would come. Only a few in Israel in comparison to the population of Israel believed Jesus. So say all you want you just don't have faith in the truth. Like Christendom all you believe is crush kill destroy because Christendom has taught it's members to put nations of men first not God's kingdom.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you are ignorant about this site.
No BB, I am not ignorant about this site.
If you feel so strongly you would need to bring up ongoing evidence for you to justify your continued criticism.
I would say you have imagined this and have a chip on your shoulder.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an aside BB.....the Hebrews never pronounced God's name in case they took it in vain. They abbreviated his name to YHWH leaving out the vowels. Adoni was often used and in time the vowels of YHWH have been forgotten....nobody knows what they are.
You can ask any religious Jew to verify this.

His name is seen in our scripture in this form 'LORD'...all upper case. It is also translated 'Jehovah' but this form is a pure fabrication. It is an attempt to fill in the vowels of YHWH. The actual spelling of Jehovah (the letters ie) is found nowhere in the original text.

Anyway....that's just out of interest.

The Hebrews of Jesus day did pronounce the name. Jesus most certainly did. It's the so call religious leaders after Jesus and his Apostles and first century Christians died off when the personal name of God was taken out of scripture. It was God himself who put his personal name represented by the letters YHWH in the the scriptures. These Hebrews you're speaking of are judging the True God of doing something wrong.
It's their own view of what is appropriate that has been relied on as the basis for removing from the Holy Bible the personal name of its Divine Author, whose name appears in the original Hebrew more often than any other name or any title. They admittedly follow the example of the adherents of Judaism, of whom Jesus said: “You have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition.”—Matt. 15:6.) Yes it's always been men like these Hebrews you speak of, their tradition that has been more important to them instead of what God's Holy Spirit inspired men to write down. Nowhere in scripture does God have it written down to take his name out of scripture. No where in scripture does it say to stop making his name known to all the nations.
True Christians have a commission from Jesus Christ to make disciples of people of all nations. When teaching these people, how would it be possible to identify the true God as different from the false gods of the nations? Only by using His personal name, as the Bible itself does. Matt. 28:19, 20; 1 Cor. 8:5, 6.

Ex. 3:15: “God said . . . to Moses: ‘This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, “Jehovah the God of your forefathers . . . has sent me to you.” This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.’”

Isa. 12:4: “Give thanks to Jehovah, you people! Call upon his name. Make known among the peoples his dealings. Make mention that his name is put on high.”

Ezek. 38:17, 23: “This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘ . . . And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’”

Mal. 3:16: “Those in fear of Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance began to be written up before him for those in fear of Jehovah and for those thinking upon his name.”

John 17:26: “[Jesus prayed to his Father:] I have made your name known to them [his followers] and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
So you can agree with what imperfect humans say or you can believe what God's Holy Spirit inspired men to write down.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No BB, I am not ignorant about this site.
If you feel so strongly you would need to bring up ongoing evidence for you to justify your continued criticism.
I would say you have imagined this and have a chip on your shoulder.

No I haven't, it's alright for others on this site to say JW are weeds meaning false prophets or not Christian but it's wrong to say the same about christendom, so be it. I can see how hypocrital that is.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why because you say so, when you obviously don't believe Jesus himself much less the scriptures. The Pharisees and Saddusees and the majority of Israel didn't believe Jesus because things didn't work out with him the way they believed the scriptures said he would come. Only a few in Israel in comparison to the population of Israel believed Jesus. So say all you want you just don't have faith in the truth. Like Christendom all you believe is crush kill destroy because Christendom has taught it's members to put nations of men first not God's kingdom.
Not because I said so, but because of prophecy and it’s purpose

the pharisees and saducees looked for king messiah not suffering servant that’s why they could not see. Jesus literally fulfilled all scripture concerning his 1st advent, using precedence, all scripture concerning his second should be literally fulfilled also,

Reactions: quietthinker