Daniels 70-Weeks Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scripture always looks toward Christ and the Gospel, just as Abraham believed and desired the day of Christ.

Everyone who is in Christ Jesus the LORD becomes "your people" = the people of God

What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As He says also in Hosea:

“I will call them My people, who were not My people,
And her beloved, who was not beloved.”
26“And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.”
This is a stretch. and is dangerous. Because your trying to fit the narrative to something that is not really in context or in the text.

What was daniel praying for?

11 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him. 12 And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster; for under the whole heaven such has never been done as what has been done to Jerusalem.

13 “As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the Lord our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth. 14 Therefore the Lord has kept the disaster in mind, and brought it upon us; for the Lord our God is righteous in all the works which He does, though we have not obeyed His voice. 15 And now, O Lord our God, who brought Your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and made Yourself a name, as it is this day—we have sinned, we have done wickedly!

16 “O Lord, according to all Your righteousness, I pray, let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us. 17 Now therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and for the Lord’s sake [a]cause Your face to shine on Your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies. 19
O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”

Please tell me where myself and you are included in Daniels prayer for which Gabriel was sent to give him an answer concerning his prayer.

20 Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God, 21 yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, [c]being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering. 22 And
he informed me, and talked with me, and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand. 23 At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision:

God sent him to answer Daniels prayer personally.

Thats what the prophecy is about

70 weeks are determined for YOUR people and YOUR city (jersualem) which were scattered and left desolate because of their sin according to Lev 26.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You keep posting all these things about the command to restore the HOUSE OF GOD.

Can you show us 1 command to restor the city?? JUST 1?
The challenge of the Ezra 6:14 is for YOU to address the fact of the fourth decree, the one given by God. Unless you (or anyone) can address this, your interpretation is false.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"long since been established". Has it, though? As the Test of Ezra 6:14 states, where is the command given by God? When did it happen? How does it fit into your interpretation? You have to address this if you take God's word seriously.
Your test FAILS because the prophet did not tell us (them) to look for a command from God to restore the city. It says from the command to restore the city.

Only one command was ever given, and I showed you that command numerous times now

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The challenge of the Ezra 6:14 is for YOU to address the fact of the fourth decree, the one given by God. Unless you (or anyone) can address this, your interpretation is false.
You can POST the words where God or anyone else GAVE THE COMMAND to restor the city

Or you have wasted all of our time. Because you have nothing for which to based your premise on..

There is no command in Ezra 6: 14 that myself, or any jew in Jesus day would see to know when it started

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can POST the words where God or anyone else GAVE THE COMMAND to restor the city

Or you have wasted all of our time. Because you have nothing for which to based your premise on..

There is no command in Ezra 6: 14 that myself, or any jew in Jesus day would see to know when it started
That's not accurate. Of course there is. I posted the narrative where Artaxerxes was so concerned after reading this decree by God that it forced him to make a decree of his own just to stay in God's good graces. Where is this decree?

And I know this is the case because the Magi used this information to predict the very year the Messiah of the Jews would be born. Also Anna and Simeon in the temple were expecting His birth as well. You and everyone else has missed this for centuries.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not accurate. Of course there is. I posted the narrative where Artaxerxes was so concerned after reading this decree by God that it forced him to make a decree of his own just to stay in God's good graces. Where is this decree?

And I know this is the case because the Magi used this information to predict the very year the Messiah of the Jews would be born. Also Anna and Simeon in the temple were expecting His birth as well. You and everyone else has missed this for centuries.
So where is this decree?? Where does it say the command to restore jerusalem.

I am still waiting.

the Magi looked to the star.. not at the years..

nice try

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So where is this decree?? Where does it say the command to restore jerusalem.

I am still waiting.

the Magi looked to the star.. not at the years..

nice try
It's up to you to address it in your system. I am still waiting. Otherwise your interpretation is false and is not according to Ezra 6:14

The Magi saw the star, yes. But they then journeyed to Jerusalem in Judea and knew it signalled the birth of the Messiah. How did they know this information? It's because they knew the 70 Weeks prophecy and had interpreted it correctly. Something no one has done for centuries after.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did the OT prophets say that Messiah would arrive?
Interestingly, we have our Christian view of this, but Jews
claim those prophecies are NOT about Messiah.
Especially the virgin birth claim.
Look for the point of View of a jew living in Jesus day, not from our point of view today. where we know someone who was never called the messiah would come from a virgin..
Interestingly, except for the story about Joseph and Mary, and the
angel's message, it is never mentioned again in the whole NT.
Makes you wonder. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
He arrived at the end of the 69th week.

He died a literal 7 day week later.
How do you explain this statement?
Dead a week after he "arrived"? ???

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's another clue about the Ezra 6:14 Test.
People just do not fully address the real reason for the 70 Weeks Prophecy. They focus on the climax - Daniel 9:24-27. But in order to truly understand the prophecy, the entire Chapter 9 must be correctly understood. The key is in verse 2
[Dan 9:2 ESV] 2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years that, according to the word of the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the end of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.

Daniel studied and understood what was in Jeremiah's writings. It caused such a stir in him that he launched into an impassioned prayer. He realized the very reputation of God was on the line.
[Dan 9:19 ESV] ... O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake...

The entire chapter revolves around Jeremiah. Daniel correctly understands Jeremiah. He prays. God hears and immediately sends Gabriel with an answer for Daniel. God's answer as the 70 Weeks Prophecy directly addresses what Jeremiah said. This is what everyone has missed - for centuries.

Gabriel ties the 70 Weeks right back to the very place where Daniel had been intensely studying. He gives him an answer within his own lifetime. Not with some future decree by an earthly king when he is long dead. Gabriel tells Daniel to "understand" and Daniel would have immediately understood exactly what Gabriel was saying. The utterance or going forth of the word (command) to restore and build Jerusalem is the key anchor point. But it's a play on words. It's not just the subject matter but the actual words themselves. The words to restore and build - Hebrew "sub" and "bana" - that's the key. Where were those actual words used in Jeremiah and what exactly did they signify?

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ:
Don't be deceived by those who try to manipulate the start date of the 70 weeks of Daniel 24:25 per the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. The confirmed date of 454 B.C. per history is when the 1st Period of 7 weeks (49 years) began. That sets the end of the 69th week at 29 A.D. when Jesus The Christ was "cut off" on His cross. And that still is where we are at today, the final "one week" still yet to occur.

There is a false working among some so-called Christian churches which are actually cults. No mystery, because even in Old Testament times there were houses of vanity run by false prophets called 'beth-avens'.

The vain attempt to move... the start date of the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem is so as to try and move Christ's Ministry to the end of the 70th week.

So when you hear those who propose that ALL of the 70 weeks were fulfilled when Jesus died on His cross, then you know you are hearing false prophecy by a CULT, a beth-aven (house of vanity).

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s good to know that historians support the 457 BC date. And yes, 408 BC ended the first set of 7 weeks (49 years after that) I can’t fit it in the diagram, but thanks for that.
Historians, the ones of history closer to the time, don't support that date. Neither does the Scriptures.

454 B.C. is when the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem went out. And that is when the 1st period (7 weeks or 49 years) began the count.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

yet you will not show me where it is.

if it is there, you could post it.. I am still waiting.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's up to you to address it in your system. I am still waiting. Otherwise your interpretation is false and is not according to Ezra 6:14

The Magi saw the star, yes. But they then journeyed to Jerusalem in Judea and knew it signalled the birth of the Messiah. How did they know this information? It's because they knew the 70 Weeks prophecy and had interpreted it correctly. Something no one has done for centuries after.
I do not have to address anything, Your the one who states Ezra shows a command to restore Jerusalem. Not me

I already proved where the command to restor Jerusalem. it is your responisbility to show how I am in error by shwoing me the words written. or continue to prove me right by refusing to answer

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly, we have our Christian view of this, but Jews
claim those prophecies are NOT about Messiah.
Especially the virgin birth claim.

Interestingly, except for the story about Joseph and Mary, and the
angel's message, it is never mentioned again in the whole NT.
Makes you wonder. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

How do you explain this statement?
Dead a week after he "arrived"? ???
Yes, We know those are about messiah today.

But show me where in the old testament the MESSIAH, not the suffering servant, would be born that way.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've given you plenty of clues. The challenge remains for YOU to meet the Ezra 6:14 Test. I've shown where your interpretation is false. Prove that it's accurate to Ezra 6:14.
No,

The challenge to you is to show me another place where any command to restor jerusalem is

I already destroyed your Ezra 6 narrative by proving in the passage it is about the temple NOT the city
Here's another clue about the Ezra 6:14 Test.
People just do not fully address the real reason for the 70 Weeks Prophecy. They focus on the climax - Daniel 9:24-27. But in order to truly understand the prophecy, the entire Chapter 9 must be correctly understood. The key is in verse 2
[Dan 9:2 ESV] 2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years that, according to the word of the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the end of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.

Daniel studied and understood what was in Jeremiah's writings. It caused such a stir in him that he launched into an impassioned prayer. He realized the very reputation of God was on the line.
[Dan 9:19 ESV] ... O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake...

The entire chapter revolves around Jeremiah. Daniel correctly understands Jeremiah. He prays. God hears and immediately sends Gabriel with an answer for Daniel. God's answer as the 70 Weeks Prophecy directly addresses what Jeremiah said. This is what everyone has missed - for centuries.

Gabriel ties the 70 Weeks right back to the very place where Daniel had been intensely studying. He gives him an answer within his own lifetime. Not with some future decree by an earthly king when he is long dead. Gabriel tells Daniel to "understand" and Daniel would have immediately understood exactly what Gabriel was saying. The utterance or going forth of the word (command) to restore and build Jerusalem is the key anchor point. But it's a play on words. It's not just the subject matter but the actual words themselves. The words to restore and build - Hebrew "sub" and "bana" - that's the key. Where were those actual words used in Jeremiah and what exactly did they signify?
I still see no words where the command to restore Jerusalem is given

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No,

The challenge to you is to show me another place where any command to restor jerusalem is

I already destroyed your Ezra 6 narrative by proving in the passage it is about the temple NOT the city

I still see no words where the command to restore Jerusalem is given
I know you will have mental block about this. Everyone will. It will make all interpretations invalid - except for the correct one. The challenge remains to address the decree of God in Ezra 6:14.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you will have mental block about this. Everyone will. It will make all interpretations invalid - except for the correct one. The challenge remains to address the decree of God in Ezra 6:14.
lol..

Ok I am about done with your nonsense.

Ezra 6: 14 So the elders of the Jews built, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they built and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the [e]command of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia. 15 Now the temple was finished on the third day of the month of Adar, which was in the sixth year of the reign of King Darius.

The temple was completed in the 6th year of the reign of King Darius which would have been 516-517 BCE

Nehemiah entered the city of Jerusalem in the 20 year of King Artexerxes, which was in

Artexerxes was the successor of Darius, Which means nehimiah went into the city LONG after 516-517 BCE when the TEMPLE was completed according to Ezra 6.

Nehemiah entered, and found the city in the same state it was in Ezra 6.

17 Then I said to them, “You see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire. Come and let us build the wall of Jerusalem, that we may no longer be a reproach.” 18 And I told them of the hand of my God which had been good upon me, and also of the king’s words that he had spoken to me.

so your going to have to forgive me but you now have been proven beyond any dopubt, that what happened in ezra 6 was NOT the command to rebuild the city. because decades later, the city was still in shambles because it was not rebuilt. only the temple