Daniels 70-Weeks Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most IMPORTANT aspects of Dan ch9 have already been fulfilled.

The latter part will be completed when Christ Returns.

Read Hebrews
70 weeks are determined to do ALL of those things

It will not be fulfilled until they all are done

this proves the 70 weeks have not yet been completed.

Reactions: Davy

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no gap between the 69th and 70th weeks = that is man-made dispensationalism/unbelief

JESUS is the 70th Week = ALL the Way THRU = "IAM the Alpha and the Omega" - "the Beginning and the End"

CHRIST put an end to transgression and iniquity on His Body on the Cross and when HE Rose, HE defeated Death and brought in Everlasting Righteousness to all who Believe on His Name.

The Jews must wait until they receive their false messiah as God draws the nations against earthbound Jerusalem.

When this is accomplished Christ will Return with the Saints to execute Judgment and the Jews who escape will finally say:
"Blessed is HE who comes - the LORD" = Zechariah ch14 , Matthew 23:37-39 , Romans 11:25-27 , 2 Thessalonians ch2
Um no

When the 70 weeks are fulfilled. All the things Gabriel said would happen will happen. According to your own words they have all not happened.

The 70 weeks are not about Jesus, it is about the nation and the city.

Reactions: Davy

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record, you have not explained why the Ezra 6:14 challenge is so important to the understanding Daniel 9:24-27. You have not provided in any post in this thread an explanation as to why you believe it is so important. All that you have been claiming is that any post that does not address your challenge does not understand any of the five independent prophecies in these four verses.

It is my view that you are introducing a red herring into our understanding of these five independent prophecies.

What I have been consistently stating is that the time span of the Danial 9:25 is immaterial and irrelevant for our understanding of this independent one verse prophecy.

It should be noted that many of the establish OT dates for the events recorded in the scriptures are flawed because they have, as a general rule, been calculated using the 360 day prophetic year, and not the solar years that was created by God.
I wonder if he is a troll. His Ezra challenge has been refuted by so many people.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say it doesn't apply only because it doesn't harmonize with your dispensational hermeneutic. There are no biblical reasons why it doesn't apply to all prophetic time prophecies, and a lot of extremely good reasons why it does.
I am not a Dispensationalist. So your vain attempts to slander won't work.

And your statement of why can't the year-day theory apply there in Daniel 9 is actually a vain question of why you can't just ADD to that Scripture.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel 9 is NOT a year-day theory.

And the beginning subject by Daniel in Daniel 9:2 is his pondering years.

I am not a Dispensationalist. So your vain attempts to slander won't work.

And your statement of why can't the year-day theory apply there in Daniel 9 is actually a vain question of why you can't just ADD to that Scripture.
So what do you do with it? 490 literal days until the Messiah... From when?

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It should be noted that many of the establish OT dates for the events recorded in the scriptures are flawed because they have, as a general rule, been calculated using the 360 day prophetic year, and not the solar years that was created by God.
That is a flat out false statement. You would need to provide actual evidence for that claim. I know you can't.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no gap between the 69th and 70th weeks = that is man-made dispensationalism/unbelief

JESUS is the 70th Week = ALL the Way THRU = "IAM the Alpha and the Omega" - "the Beginning and the End"

CHRIST put an end to transgression and iniquity on His Body on the Cross and when HE Rose, HE defeated Death and brought in Everlasting Righteousness to all who Believe on His Name.

The Jews must wait until they receive their false messiah as God draws the nations against earthbound Jerusalem.

When this is accomplished Christ will Return with the Saints to execute Judgment and the Jews who escape will finally say:
"Blessed is HE who comes - the LORD" = Zechariah ch14 , Matthew 23:37-39 , Romans 11:25-27 , 2 Thessalonians ch2

It is wrongly assigned... to Dispensationalism as the origin, but the final 70th week still pending is not a doctrine designed by Dispensationalism.

The events of Daniel 9 given to be fulfilled for the 70 weeks applies to JERUSALEM and HER PEOPLE, not to CHRIST'S CHURCH.

This is why so many misunderstand Daniel 9, because they want to only see how Lord Jesus has fulfilled those things for believers on Him. But those events are actually for when JERUSALEM and the JEWS there come into those promises.

Dan 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
KJV

1. "to finish the transgression" -- this definitely has yet to happen for Jerusalem and the Jews, as Jesus warned us about the coming pseudo-Christ coming to Jerusalem to play God for the end of this world. Thus the "transgression of desolation" of Dan.8 is future to us.

2. "and to make an end of sins" -- Lord Jesus did this for those who believe, but while in this flesh we are still subject to sin and need to repent to Jesus, like Apostle John showed in 1 John 1. So the end of 'sin' in this present world definitely has not ended yet, and certainly not for Jerusalem and the Jews.

3. "and to make reconciliation for iniquity" -- has iniquity ended in Jerusalem today? One of the biggest iniquity events of history is getting ready to happen there for the time of "great tribulation", the coming "man of sin" sitting in a new temple there proclaiming himself to be God. So no, this definitely has not yet been fulfilled for Jerusalem and her people.

4. "and to bring in everlasting righteousness" -- not happened yet for Jerusalem and her people who still reject Jesus Christ.

5. "and to seal up the vision and prophecy" -- since the above events have yet to be fulfilled for Jerusalem and her people, no way this one can fulfilled either.

6. "and to anoint the most Holy" -- this is about the anointing of Christ's future Millennial temple of Ezekiel 40 thru 47. That won't happen until His future return on the last day of this world.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder if he is a troll. His Ezra challenge has been refuted by so many people.
Has it? Really? I challenge you to provide just one post where it has been.
The one who keeps constantly repeating the same false statements which have been shown to be false time after time and who keeps calling other people trolls, he is the troll here.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For the record, you have not explained why the Ezra 6:14 challenge is so important to the understanding Daniel 9:24-27. You have not provided in any post in this thread an explanation as to why you believe it is so important.
I've provided many posts with clues. Anyone with an open mind who wants to study further and take the Challenge would be willing to do that. Anyone with a closed mind and convinced in themselves would be unwilling to do that. That is also part of the Challenge. It separates those who take Scripture seriously from those that don't.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
70 weeks are determined to do ALL of those things

It will not be fulfilled until they all are done

this proves the 70 weeks have not yet been completed.
CORRECT

The 70th Week belongs to God.

The 70th Week Began when the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us.

The 70the Week will be fully completed when Christ Returns.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CORRECT

The 70th Week belongs to God.

The 70th Week Began when the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us.

The 70the Week will be fully completed when Christ Returns.
the 69th week ended when Christ entered jerusalem on the donkey.

The 70th week has not even began yet..

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That heptad or week of seven years does not apply to Christ. 3 1/2 years belong to the Antichrist and 3 1/2 years to the outcome of his Abomination of Desolation (the Great Tribulation).

And there was given unto him [the Antichrist] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Rev 13:5)

42 months = 1260 days = 3 1/2 years = time, times, and half a time.
I thought you had passed away my friend . I have not seen you for a while .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the 69th week ended when Christ entered jerusalem on the donkey.

The 70th week has not even began yet..
On the 7th Day God Rested from His works.

On the 70th Week the REST of God appeared for all who is weary and heavy laden with sin = Christ will give you REST.
CHRIST and CHRIST alone fulfills that which was predetermined by God to make "reconciliation for iniquity".
The flesh nation Israel rejected their Passover Lamb and must now wait for their false messiah to save them = Jacob's Trouble.

When the 70th Week Returns(CHRIST) that which is written in Daniel will be completed by HIM who Authored the 70 Weeks.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say,
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Matthew 23:37-39

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You would need to provide actual evidence for that claim. I know you can't.

Why do you not practice what you demand of others? If I am wrong as you claim, then you should be able to provide the evidence that shows how and why I am wrong. Without doing that, your posts become meaningless.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you not practice what you demand of others? If I am wrong as you claim, then you should be able to provide the evidence that shows how and why I am wrong. Without doing that, your posts become meaningless.
Jay Ross said:
If you make ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims that are CLEARLY meant to troll, you will be called out on it. It's up to you to provide evidence. I have an open mind, unlike you. I'd gladly refute your evidence. You have never even done anything similar to the evidence I provided.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've provided many posts with clues. Anyone with an open mind who wants to study further and take the Challenge would be willing to do that. Anyone with a closed mind and convinced in themselves would be unwilling to do that. That is also part of the Challenge. It separates those who take Scripture seriously from those that don't.

And so you confirm my statement that you have not provided any evidence to support your claim that Erza 6:14 helps to understand the five independent prophecies contained in Daniel 9:24-27. Hinting at or providing clues does not cut it as to providing the evidence that what you are suggesting is true.

Perhaps when you begin to plainly state why you believe that Erza 6:15 helps in our understanding of the Daniel 9:24-27 five independent prophecies without you goading of members who have put their beliefs on record, then perhaps we can all have a fruitful conversation and reach a consensus on our conclusions.

Have a good day now sir.