Daniels 70-Weeks Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And so you confirm my statement that you have not provided any evidence to support your claim that Erza 6:14 helps to understand the five independent prophecies contained in Daniel 9:24-27. Hinting at or providing clues does not cut it as to providing the evidence that what you are suggesting is true.

Perhaps when you begin to plainly state why you believe that Erza 6:15 helps in our understanding of the Daniel 9:24-27 five independent prophecies without you goading of members who have put their beliefs on record, then perhaps we can all have a fruitful conversation and reach a consensus on our conclusions.

Have a good day now sir.
You have never even attempted the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. You haven't provided any evidence for your wild claims so there is nothing to respond to. I have put all my evidence out there. Easily accessible. So stop posting untruths.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you make ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims that are CLEARLY meant to troll, you will be called out on it. It's up to you to provide evidence. I have an open mind, unlike you. I'd gladly refute your evidence. You have never even done anything similar to the evidence I provided.

Your continual goading of members will cause problems for you and many members will simply put you on ignore as you turn them off with your words.

Sadly, many pertinent suggestions that you may be able to contribute to the conversation, as to what is meant by the scriptures, will be lost.

Have a good day now sir.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your continual goading of members will cause problems for you and many members will simply put you on ignore as you turn them off with your words.

Sadly, many pertinent suggestions that you may be able to contribute to the conversation, as to what is meant by the scriptures, will be lost.

Have a good day now sir.
Still not answering the questions. I think you talk from your own actions.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have never even attempted the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. You haven't provided any evidence for your wild claims so there is nothing to respond to. I have put all my evidence out there. Easily accessible. So stop posting untruths.

The Erza 6:14 challenge is irrelevant for what i have presented, as I accept that the word "after" in Daniel 9:26a suggests that there is a gap on the timeline between when the 69 weeks of years ends, as prophesied in Daniel 9:25, and when the Messiah is cut off. Now that means that I am allowing for some float and gaps along the timeline to accommodate all of the five independent prophecies in time.

When you look at Daniel 9:24 through the lens of Exodus 20:4-6, there is an embedded gap between when verse 24a ends and when verse 24b actually occurs. The gap in p:24 is by my reasoning around 33 years. The prophecy contained in Daniel 9:25 has no implication on the outcome of the prophecy contained in Daniel 9:24.

Oh well such is life. People exaggerate to win in the point scoring debates with the I am right, and you are wrong, posts, destroying any semblance of a debate or discussion.

Why is this so?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the 7th Day God Rested from His works.

On the 70th Week the REST of God appeared for all who is weary and heavy laden with sin = Christ will give you REST.
CHRIST and CHRIST alone fulfills that which was predetermined by God to make "reconciliation for iniquity".
The flesh nation Israel rejected their Passover Lamb and must now wait for their false messiah to save them = Jacob's Trouble.

When the 70th Week Returns(CHRIST) that which is written in Daniel will be completed by HIM who Authored the 70 Weeks.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say,
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Matthew 23:37-39
Actually the passage you posts shows what I have been saying

They should have known. because Daniel said, at the end of the 69th week. would be messiah. they saw him entering Jerusalem on a donkey. but they were not willing.. so the 70th week was put on hold

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Erza 6:14 challenge is irrelevant for what i have presented, as I accept that the word "after" in Daniel 9:26a suggests that there is a gap on the timeline between when the 69 weeks of years ends, as prophesied in Daniel 9:25, and when the Messiah is cut off. Now that means that I am allowing for some float and gaps along the timeline to accommodate all of the five independent prophecies in time.

When you look at Daniel 9:24 through the lens of Exodus 20:4-6, there is an embedded gap between when verse 24a ends and when verse 24b actually occurs. The gap in p:24 is by my reasoning around 33 years. The prophecy contained in Daniel 9:25 has no implication on the outcome of the prophecy contained in Daniel 9:24.

Oh well such is life. People exaggerate to win in the point scoring debates with the I am right, and you are wrong, posts, destroying any semblance of a debate or discussion.

Why is this so?
His Ezra challenge has been thoroughly refuted by yourself and others.

He can't back away. I am not sure why.

But I have asked him to show in that passage where the command to restore Jerusalem is.. H won't answer because he can't

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Eternally Grateful

I keep posting that there are five independent prophecies found within Daniel 9:24-27 which are specific to a particular aspect of the End Times Prophecies. Because of this the completion of the building of Jerusalem and the Temple by Herod fades into the background because they were fundamentally finished before Christ was crucified and the precise year in which the building program commenced and was finished is not as important as some on this forum want us to believe.

The Daniel 9:24 prophecy is complete in and of itself and the significance of the 70 weeks of years, i.e., the 490 year period, is only relevant from the point of view that the Exodus 20:4-6 prophecy of the visitation of the fathers iniquities upon their children and the children's children would begin at the start of the third age of the existence of the nation of Israel, and the beginning of the Exodus 20:4-6 prophecy timing began with the birth of Isaac, at the beginning of the third age of mankind. The beginning of the visitation of the fathers' iniquities would begin at the start of the fifth age of mankind, around the same time that Christ was born.

The significance of Daniel 9: 26a is tied up with the understanding of the word "after" in this prophecy. Whether the word "after" meant immediately or at some other point in time after the completion of the building program of Herod, is immaterial, as long as the completion of the building program of Herod had finished, then the crucifixion of Christ could then happen at any time shortly afterwards.

The Daniel 9:26b prophetic prophecy can be linked to the Prophecy found in Daniel 8 where the Prince in Daniel 9:26b is the Little Horn of Daniel 8 who will be given an army to trample the Temple and the nation of Israel for a period of 2,300 years. The trampling of God's Sanctuary and His earthly hosts began around 250 BC when the Grecian Empire was used to begin trampling over the Temple precincts and the nation of Israel. The end of the war will occur at the completion of the time of the Gentile's, i.e., the prescribed 2,300 years, which ends with the heavenly hosts being judged in heaven and the Gentile kings of the earth being judged on the earth at Armageddon at the end of the completion of the visitation of the fathers' iniquities upon their children and the children's children in the third and the fourth age of Israel's existence.

When the Isaiah 24:21-22 judgement occurs, we are told that the judged heavenly hosts and the judged gentile kings of the earth will be imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. We are told that the Kings of the earth will be gathered against the city of Jerusalem at the place called Armageddon in the near future as foretold in Rev 16:12-16 after the signs and wonders are performed by the three foul evil spirits that come out of the mouths of Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet. The signs and wonders of the frog like spirits will draw the nations to Armageddon.

It is only after the Bottomless pit is unlocked that Daniel 9:27 can begin to unfold over the prescribed one week of years.

It is for this reason that I believe that all of the Daniel 9:24-27 prophecies will unfold over a period of three and a half ages.

Now our friend has found some clues that may help to understand when the Daniel 9:25 prophecy started and ended but since there is some uncertainty as to when Christ was actually born, it is impossible for any of us to be dogmatic with our time wise understanding on these four verses.

Shalom

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
His Ezra challenge has been thoroughly refuted by yourself and others.

He can't back away. I am not sure why.

But I have asked him to show in that passage where the command to restore Jerusalem is.. H won't answer because he can't
Stop stating untruths. No one has refuted anything. Show just one post where this is the case. If you can refute it, please do. Take the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. Put your views to the test.

@Eternally Grateful
It shows your character very clearly that all you can do is mock and ridicule and not have any replies of substance.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the passage you posts shows what I have been saying

They should have known. because Daniel said, at the end of the 69th week. would be messiah. they saw him entering Jerusalem on a donkey. but they were not willing.. so the 70th week was put on hold
If the 70th Week was put on hold, there would be no birth of JESUS the Messiah.

We would all be dead in sin right now.

Daniel 9:24 cannot occur without JESUS first dying on the Cross = which is the only Remedy for sin, transgression and iniquity.

Then comes the wicked one and the final 3.5 years of the 70th Week, whereupon the LORD Returns = 2 Thess ch2

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's another clue for the Ezra 6:14 Challenge.

Ezra 6:14 lists 4 commands that were given in order for the temple to be completed - and by way of returning to the land and restoring it. The Hebrew words "sub" and "bana". "Return" and "restore". These are the words found in Daniel 9:25. The words which signaled the start of the entire period of the 70 Weeks.

Arguments have raged back and forth as to when did this period start. What king's decree started the whole thing? Look on any forum thread about this topic and every tom, dick and harry has their pet interpretation. Very few base theirs on an accurate understanding of the text. Some tie it to their particular denomination. Or some "personal vision from God". Or some supposed expert scholar. But no one realizes that Ezra 6:14 invalidates all of their interpretations. They don't acknowledge or realize that God's command to "sub" and "bana" came before any of the 3 kings' decrees.

This makes complete sense, unfortunately. Out of all the many English translations, they all interpret Daniel 9:25 differently. It's a complete mess. This shows that no translator has ever truly correctly understood the 70 Weeks prophecy.

The vast majority of proposed interpretations are based on the King James Version.
King James Bible
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Some are very close in wording.
New American Standard Bible
So you are to know and understand that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, until Messiah the Prince, there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with streets and moat, even in times of distress.

New International Version
"Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.

But their biases are very evident. Anyone who knows the Hebrew language knows that there are no capital letters in Hebrew. Or punctuation. Any translation that puts in capitals and adds punctuation is making an INTERPRETATION of the original Hebrew text. It's very safe to say that anyone who bases their own view on the KJV, NASB, NIV or similar with added capitals will NEVER come to the correct view of the prophecy.

Obviously, the English language needs punctuation. But what about those translations who don't add capitals for "messiah" and "prince"?
NET Bible
So know and understand: From the issuing of the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until an anointed one, a prince arrives, there will be a period of seven weeks and sixty-two weeks. It will again be built, with plaza and moat, but in distressful times.

JPS Tanakh 1917
Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the word to restore and to build Jerusalem unto one anointed, a prince, shall be seven weeks; and for threescore and two weeks, it shall be built again, with broad place and moat, but in troublous times.

Coverdale Bible of 1535
Vnderstode this then, and marcke it well: that from the tyme it shalbe concluded, to go and repayre Ierusalem agayne, vnto Christ (or the anoynted) prynce: there shalbe seuen wekes. Then shall the stretes & walles be buylded agayne [sixty-two] wekes, but with harde troublous tyme.

Even though the Coverdale still capitalizes "Christ", they include the alternate "anoynted". But notice where the periods of weeks occur. Totally different. And what are you going to do with this translation?
English Standard Version
Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time.

The proper interpretation is all tied to the original Hebrew text. No one will understand the prophecy correctly by reading an English translation. That is part of the Ezra 6:14 Challenge.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is dead in sin right now, unless you have shed Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

The second birth does not change the physical body. The first resurrection does that. Replacement theology has decided that the second birth has given you a new physical body via a symbolic interpretation of the first resurrection. That is why they call themselves "spiritual Israel". They claim to have a permanent incorruptible physical body, symbolically. 1 John 1:8-10

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

After comparing the various alternate English translations of Daniel 9:25 and showing just how much they vary in timing the periods of Weeks, there's another major issue to consider. Anyone whose interpretation combines the first 7 Weeks together with the next 62 Weeks needs to also combine the following 1 Week with the final 1/2 Week. They MUST deal with the 70 1/2 Weeks Prophecy. Yes. 70 and 1/2 Weeks as their text reads.

How is that possible? Why have they missed this all this time? They just don't know what the Hebrew text says.

Daniel 9:25 Hebrew text literally says "weeks seven and weeks sixty and two". They take a look at this (usually just in the English) and happily combine it all together to get 69 Weeks.

But they MUST be consistent and do the same with Daniel 9:27. The Hebrew text literally says "week one and half the week". Add it together in the same way. 1 1/2 Weeks. If you add it together in verse 25, you must do the same thing in verse 27.

69 + 1 1/2 = 70 1/2 Weeks.

What's the problem? Well, of course back in verse 24 Gabriel specifically says there are 70 Weeks in total. It can't possibly be 70 1/2 Weeks. So these people who don't treat the text in a consistent manner have a problem. They don't realize they have a problem. They will deny they have a problem. But that doesn't change the fact that they do indeed have a problem.

This is all part of the Ezra 6:14 Challenge.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

After comparing the various alternate English translations of Daniel 9:25 and showing just how much they vary in timing the periods of Weeks, there's another major issue to consider. Anyone whose interpretation combines the first 7 Weeks together with the next 62 Weeks needs to also combine the following 1 Week with the final 1/2 Week. They MUST deal with the 70 1/2 Weeks Prophecy. Yes. 70 and 1/2 Weeks as their text reads.

How is that possible? Why have they missed this all this time? They just don't know what the Hebrew text says.

Daniel 9:25 Hebrew text literally says "weeks seven and weeks sixty and two". They take a look at this (usually just in the English) and happily combine it all together to get 69 Weeks.

But they MUST be consistent and do the same with Daniel 9:27. The Hebrew text literally says "week one and half the week". Add it together in the same way. 1 1/2 Weeks. If you add it together in verse 25, you must do the same thing in verse 27.

69 + 1 1/2 = 70 1/2 Weeks.

What's the problem? Well, of course back in verse 24 Gabriel specifically says there are 70 Weeks in total. It can't possibly be 70 1/2 Weeks. So these people who don't treat the text in a consistent manner have a problem. They don't realize they have a problem. They will deny they have a problem. But that doesn't change the fact that they do indeed have a problem.

There is no "final one week" that you add to the 70 Weeks.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

We've compared the various alternate English translations of Daniel 9:25 and showed just how much they vary in timing the periods of Weeks, And we've discovered the inconvenient issue for those who combine the 7 Weeks with 62 Weeks as they need to be consistent to then combine the 1 Week with 1/2 Week and then explain away the resulting 70 1/2 Weeks. Next, there's the glaring error for those that want to use the 457 BC decree as the starting point of the 70 Weeks timeline.

Daniel 9:25a is very clear that the start of the whole period is "from the going out of a word to restore and rebuild Jerusalem" [LSB]. "Sub" and "bana" in Hebrew. And very specifically tied to restoring and rebuilding Jerusalem.

Ezra 7 contains the narrative for those that want to use 457 BC as the start. Putting aside the issue about combining the 7 Weeks with the 62 Weeks inconsistency, the purpose for the decree by Artaxerxes in his 7th year simply doesn't support the 70 Weeks prophecy. No where in that chapter does it mention restoring and rebuilding Jerusalem. No "sub" and "bana". Nothing. The decree was about beautifying the temple.
[Ezr 7:23 LSB] 23 "Whatever is decreed by the God of heaven, let it be done with zeal for the house of the God of heaven, so that there will not be wrath against the kingdom of the king and his sons.
[Ezr 7:27 LSB] 27 Blessed be Yahweh, the God of our fathers, who has put [such a thing] as this in the king's heart, to beautify the house of Yahweh which is in Jerusalem,

The Temple. Not Jerusalem. Yet, some will counter with this:
[Ezr 7:25 LSB] 25 "And you, Ezra, according to the wisdom of your God which is in your hand, appoint magistrates and judges that they may judge all the people who are in [the province] beyond the River, [even] all those who know the laws of your God; and to anyone who does not know [the laws], you shall make [them] known.

They assume that because Ezra was supposed to set up the ruling council that somehow meant a connection with rebuilding Jerusalem. It simply does not say this. This ruling council was the start of what would later become the Great Sanhedrin. A group of religious rulers that had their headquarters in the temple. The decree of Artaxerxes in his 7th year does not meet the requirements for the start of the 70 Weeks prophecy in Daniel 9:25.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the 70th Week was put on hold, there would be no birth of JESUS the Messiah.
really? How can that be when he was born in the 69th week, and was introduced in the 69th week.. That makes no sense.
How could that be, Dan 9 is not about us..
Daniel 9:24 cannot occur without JESUS first dying on the Cross = which is the only Remedy for sin, transgression and iniquity.

Then comes the wicked one and the final 3.5 years of the 70th Week, whereupon the LORD Returns = 2 Thess ch2
Dan 9 is not about us

Until you understand that, You will never understand daniel 9

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really? How can that be when he was born in the 69th week, and was introduced in the 69th week.. That makes no sense.

How could that be, Dan 9 is not about us..

Dan 9 is not about us

Until you understand that, You will never understand daniel 9

The entire Bible is about the WORD becoming flesh = "Immanuel, God with us"

The Jewish People are directly involved with the First Coming of the LORD and His Second Coming.

The Jewish People have NO POWER to "finish transgression / make an end of sins / bring in everlasting righteousness

Messiah being "cut-off" occurs during the 70th Week so that HE Conquers transgression and sin for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.

Messiah being "cut-off but not for Himself" has already brought in Everlasting Righteousness.

1 Peter 2:21-25
For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:

“Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;
who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Please read the Book of Hebrews as it explains this all quite clearly.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No,

it happens after the 69th week

THEN the city and temple is destroyed,, and left desolate for a period of time not given

THEN a prince confirms a covenant for 1 week.

this is the begining of the 70th week..
You are claiming that satan is the beginning of the 70th Week.