Day of the Lord - Introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Get ready to fight against THREE UNCLEAN SPIRIT LIKE FROGS in this GREAT DAY of GOD ALMIGHTY.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world,
to gather them to the battle of this great day of God Almighty.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Ar - mag - eddon(means red).

Get ready to fight against THREE UNCLEAN SPIRIT LIKE FROGS in thi9s GREAT DAY of GOD ALMIGHTY. Revelation 16:v.13 to 16

Are you under 21 years of age? If not then you would have seen the three unclean spirits like frogs go out to all of the earth doing signs and wonders so as to draw the kings of the earth to Armageddon in our near future.

In any case in Luke, Jesus tells us that He will be seen judging the kings of the earth at Armageddon and the Jews living Jerusalem will seek Jesus' term of peace because they realise that they are not strong enough to fight against Jesus at that time in their near future.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Oh yes, oh yes, "GOD's Wrath lasts ONE SINGLE DAY", yes, with the LORD a thousand years are as ONE DAY really-2 Peter 3.v.8, in fact the seventh and LAST Day, the Lord's Day (John 11:v.23-24), and all these things shall be DISSOLVED, destroyed, exactly from the TURN of the SIXTH to the SEVENTH DAY, understand?

The destruction has already started in this beginning of the FIRST century of this seventh and last Day, and it will continued for TOTAL destruction of the Devil's World - Revelation 11:v.15 to 18 -, the elements shall melt with fervent heat, something similar what happened with the TWO TOWERS of the WORLD TRADE CENTER.

I understand that you are mistaken.

Sorry, who is mistaken is you, not the Word of GOD. What prevails is the Word of GOD, according my above post you are replying. There isn't mistaken in the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD. 2 Peter 3:v.8 - But, beloved, be not IGNORANT of this one thing, that ONE DAY is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as ONE DAY.

Hebrews 1:v.1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these LAST DAYS (LAST TWO DAYS-LAST 2.000 YEARS) spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His Power, when He had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

JESUS said: John 5:v.17 - My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Well, the Word - the Word is GOD - was made flesh around TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO, or TWO DAYS ago, and JESUS was born, yeah, JESUS was born around 4.000 years after Adam, or four Days, so plus 2.000 years or two days, mankind would go through six GOD Days of 1,000 years each (a total of 6,000 years) plus a Millennium of 1,000 years rest (now a total of 7,000 years).

That said, your interpretation of Scriptures is not correct, you need to change your false conceptions and acept the Truth. GOD is the Truth. The Word is GOD.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, oh yes, "GOD's Wrath lasts ONE SINGLE DAY", yes, with the LORD a thousand years are as ONE DAY really-2 Peter 3.v.8, in fact the seventh and LAST Day, the Lord's Day (John 11:v.23-24), and all these things shall be DISSOLVED, destroyed, exactly from the TURN of the SIXTH to the SEVENTH DAY, understand?

The destruction has already started in this beginning of the FIRST century of this seventh and last Day, and it will continued for TOTAL destruction of the Devil's World - Revelation 11:v.15 to 18 -, the elements shall melt with fervent heat, something similar what happened with the TWO TOWERS of the WORLD TRADE CENTER.

Sorry, who is mistaken is you, not the Word of GOD. What prevails is the Word of GOD, according my above post you are rerplying. There isn't mistaken in the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD. 2 Peter 3:v.8 - But, beloved, be not IGNORANT of this one thing, that ONE DAY is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as ONE DAY.

Hebrews 1:v.1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these LAST DAYS (LAST TWO DAUYS-LAST 2.000 YEARS) spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His Power, when He had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

JESUS said: John 5:v.17 - My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Well, the Word - the Word is GOD - was made flesh around TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO, or TWO DAYS ago, and JESUS was born, yeah, JESUS was born around 4.000 years after Adam, or four Days, so plus 2.000 years or two days, mankind would go through six GOD Days of 1,000 years each (a total of 6,000 years) plus a Millennium of 1,000 years rest (now a total of 7,000 years).

That said, your interpretation of Scriptures is not correct, you need to change your false conceptions.
Ok.

Here ya go. These 2 verses put Jesus' return AND God's Wrath on the same day. I hope you're able to comprehend. This stuff can be very difficult for you.

Matthew 24:29-30
Isaiah 13:9-10

Those verses prove:
1. Jesus comes AFTER the Great Tribulation = The Wrath is NOT the Great Trib.
2. The Wrath is on the same day as Jesus' return
3. There is no Pre-Trib Rapture
4. The Day of the Lord is NOT the Great Tribulation, but God's Final Wrath
5. God's Wrath, the Day of the Lord, destroys the entire world.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
I have to ask.

Do your statements become more true the more you enlarge, embolden and color the type?

Is it like:

Possibly True
Most likely True
More True
Really True
Very True
Extremely True

... is that how it works?

I simply highlighted the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, and He is TRUE, EXTREMELY TRUE.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow...this has escalated into an internet shouting match
palm
.....for shame people.
You don't need to yell at each other, because you all might be wrong...what then?

What is the big picture here?

Has anyone ever wondered why God needs a "Day of Wrath" in the first place?

What has made God so angry that he needs to express himself so violently?

Why has the human race had 6,000 years to get this far down the wrong track?
dunno

You need to answer those questions before you get to discussing the finale'.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Those verses prove:
1. Jesus comes after the Great Tribulation = The Wrath is NOT the Great Trib.

You are wrong completely.

GOD's Wrath is now, even now, in this current time.

The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD
(of this Devil's world-Matthew 4:v.8-11) are become the kingdoms of our LORD, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 11:v.15

CONSEQUENCES IN THE WORLD OF DEVIL

Revelation 11:v.18- And the nations were(will be)angry, and GOD's WRATH is come, ...

I work with the Word of GOD, not with literatures of human theories and false interpretation of Scriptures. I never preached any kind of pre-mid-post trib, which theories are good for nothing. What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand?

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...this has escalated into an internet shouting match
palm
.....for shame people.
You don't need to yell at each other, because you all might be wrong...what then?
No. Nobody's shouting/yelling. ALL CAPS IS YELLING. We can use any size font and any color as long as we're not using all caps. Ask Oseas. That's the rules.

dunno

No, we really don't need to answer those questions at all because they're asinine questions.

Who are you to question God? His Word says He's going to do these things, He doesn't need a reason that we have to agree makes sense to us.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (of My Word)."
Hosea 4:6

The second Temple fell in the hands of the Devil, spiritually Satan had enthroned himself in the second Temple and for centuries ahead and the second Temple was good for nothing, GOD stoped to send prophets, when JESUS came the Temple was a DEN OF THIEVES as said JESUS. In fact , JESUS not only prophesied the destruction of the devilish Temple as well even He determined the destruction of the Temple for EVER. With the destruction of the Temple in the year 70AD, also all the CURSES of Deuteronomy 28:v.15 to 68 fell upon the nation of Israel, they stayed without nation for 1.878 years, from 70 to 1.948.

Now GOD will send a false messiah for Israel, like a lamb but speaks as Dragon, a STRONG DELUSION, Israel will hail their peculiar messiah and he will be the main ruler and guide of Israel , an esoteric, and kabbalistic, and SPIRITIST messiah, and he will oppose and exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God will sit in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Only 144K will not be deceived by the false messiah, tghe own Satan incarnated, the son of perdition, only 144K will be saved .

The son of perdition, the Man of sin, he already was born decades ago, he MUST manifest himself because even GOD will send him after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the Truth -received not JESUS- , that they might be saved.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get ready to fight against THREE UNCLEAN SPIRIT LIKE FROGS in this GREAT DAY of GOD ALMIGHTY.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world,
to gather them to the battle of this great day of God Almighty.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Ar - mag - eddon(means red).

Get ready to fight against THREE UNCLEAN SPIRIT LIKE FROGS in thi9s GREAT DAY of GOD ALMIGHTY. Revelation 16:v.13 to 16
Why are they called "frogs"? Any ideas?

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wrong completely.
Not completely wrong.

Those verses quoted do not “prove” everything that he claimed they prove, but they do state fairly clearly that the “Day of the Lord” comes after the “tribulation” and that great celestial upheaval is part of that day.

So he has provided “the WORD OF GOD” that contradicts your narrative of the future events.
That will require exegesis of the Scripture that he presented to refute rather than a “taint so” doubling down on your previous claim.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Rev 6:9-11 NKJV]
9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both [the number of] their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they [were], was completed.​

[Deuteronomy 32 NKJV]
The Song of Moses

1 “Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak;
And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 Let my teaching drop as the rain,
My speech distill as the dew,
As raindrops on the tender herb,
And as showers on the grass.
3 For I proclaim the name of the LORD:
Ascribe greatness to our God.
4 He is the Rock, His work is perfect;
For all His ways are justice,
A God of truth and without injustice;
Righteous and upright is He.
5 “They have corrupted themselves;
They are not His children,
Because of their blemish:
A perverse and crooked generation.
6 Do you thus deal with the LORD,
O foolish and unwise people?
Is He not your Father, who bought you?
Has He not made you and established you?
7 “Remember the days of old,
Consider the years of many generations.
Ask your father, and he will show you;
Your elders, and they will tell you:
8 When the Most High divided their inheritance to the nations,
When He separated the sons of Adam,
He set the boundaries of the peoples
According to the number of the children of Israel.
9 For the LORD’s portion is His people;
Jacob is the place of His inheritance.
10 “He found him in a desert land
And in the wasteland, a howling wilderness;
He encircled him, He instructed him,
He kept him as the apple of His eye.
11 As an eagle stirs up its nest,
Hovers over its young,
Spreading out its wings, taking them up,
Carrying them on its wings,
12 So the LORD alone led him,
And there was no foreign god with him.
13 “He made him ride in the heights of the earth,
That he might eat the produce of the fields;
He made him draw honey from the rock,
And oil from the flinty rock;
14 Curds from the cattle, and milk of the flock,
With fat of lambs;
And rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats,
With the choicest wheat;
And you drank wine, the blood of the grapes.
15 “But Jeshurun grew fat and kicked;
You grew fat, you grew thick,
You are obese!
Then he forsook God who made him,
And scornfully esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
16 They provoked Him to jealousy with foreign gods;
With abominations they provoked Him to anger.
17 They sacrificed to demons, not to God,
To gods they did not know,
To new gods, new arrivals
That your fathers did not fear.
18 Of the Rock who begot you, you are unmindful,
And have forgotten the God who fathered you.
19 “And when the LORD saw it, He spurned them,
Because of the provocation of His sons and His daughters.
20 And He said: ‘I will hide My face from them,
I will see what their end will be,
For they are a perverse generation,
Children in whom is no faith.
21 They have provoked Me to jealousy by what is not God;
They have moved Me to anger by their foolish idols.
But I will provoke them to jealousy by those who are not a nation;
I will move them to anger by a foolish nation.
22 For a fire is kindled in My anger,
And shall burn to the lowest hell;
It shall consume the earth with her increase,
And set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
23 ‘I will heap disasters on them;
I will spend My arrows on them.
24 They shall be wasted with hunger,
Devoured by pestilence and bitter destruction;
I will also send against them the teeth of beasts,
With the poison of serpents of the dust.
25 The sword shall destroy outside;
There shall be terror within
For the young man and virgin,
The nursing child with the man of gray hairs.
26 I would have said, “I will dash them in pieces,
I will make the memory of them to cease from among men,”
27 Had I not feared the wrath of the enemy,
Lest their adversaries should misunderstand,
Lest they should say, “Our hand is high;
And it is not the LORD who has done all this.” ’
28 “For they are a nation void of counsel,
Nor is there any understanding in them.
29 Oh, that they were wise, that they understood this,
That they would consider their latter end!
30 How could one chase a thousand,
And two put ten thousand to flight,
Unless their Rock had sold them,
And the LORD had surrendered them?
31 For their rock is not like our Rock,
Even our enemies themselves being judges.
32 For their vine is of the vine of Sodom
And of the fields of Gomorrah;
Their grapes are grapes of gall,
Their clusters are bitter.
33 Their wine is the poison of serpents,
And the cruel venom of cobras.
34 ‘Is this not laid up in store with Me,
Sealed up among My treasures?
35 Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;
Their foot shall slip in due time;
For the day of their calamity is at hand,
And the things to come hasten upon them.’
36 “For the LORD will judge His people
And have compassion on His servants,
When He sees that their power is gone,
And there is no one remaining, bond or free.
37 He will say: ‘Where are their gods,
The rock in which they sought refuge?
38 Who ate the fat of their sacrifices,
And drank the wine of their drink offering?
Let them rise and help you,
And be your refuge.
39 ‘Now see that I, even I, am He,
And there is no God besides Me;
I kill and I make alive;
I wound and I heal;
Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.
40 For I raise My hand to heaven,
And say, “As I live forever,
41 If I whet My glittering sword,
And My hand takes hold on judgment,
I will render vengeance to My enemies,
And repay those who hate Me.
42 I will make My arrows drunk with blood,
And My sword shall devour flesh,
With the blood of the slain and the captives,
From the heads of the leaders of the enemy.” ’
43 “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people;[fn]
For He will avenge the blood of His servants,
And render vengeance to His adversaries;
He will provide atonement for His land and His people.”​

dunno

[Romans 9 NKJV]
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 As He says also in Hosea:

“I will call them My people, who were not My people,
And her beloved, who was not beloved.”
26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.”​

I have little to say about the “finale” beyond something that e.e. cummings said much better

winter by spring, i lift my diminutive spire to
merciful Him Whose only now is forever:
standing erect in the deathless truth of His presence
(welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness)

- from i am a little church

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses quoted do not “prove” everything that he claimed they prove, but they do state fairly clearly that the “Day of the Lord” comes after the “tribulation” and that great celestial upheaval is part of that day.
Would you allow me the opportunity to prove my claim?

What points do you not agree are represented in those verses?

I'd be happy to further my position that they are.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Day of the LORD is not a 24-hour day and that should be very clear. The Great Tribulation coincides with the Day of the LORD.

In that very verse where he bolded three words it also has the word TROUBLE which he failed to bold. :)

Seems he and a few more think the Day of the Lord is one day, just like they think God created the Universe in 6 days, the word used for Day is the Hebrew word YOWM which doesn't have to mean a day, it can mean many things, including a TIME PERIOD and then we have to use all of the clues and insert a description, its used in many many verses for about 50 different things.

#3117 יוֹם yowm {yome}

from an unused root meaning to be hot; TWOT - 852; n m
—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) day, time, year
1a) day (as opposed to night)
1b) day (24 hour period)
1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1
1b2) as a division of time
1b2a) a working day, a day's journey
1c) days, lifetime (pl.)
1d) time, period (general)
1e) year
1f) temporal references
—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially):—age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.
—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)

So, a YOWM is a period if time, insert the description to describe that time period.

Even if God was saying Day of the Lord and thus describing ONE DAY when His wrath begins, that doesn't mean it will just last one day, we know that by using common sense and looking at everything that happens and by using other passages as clues. In Rev. 18:10 which says in ONE HOUR her (Babylon or the WORLD) Judgment is come and thus we have a reference in Rev. 17:12 for how long that is referencing, the kings will rule ONE HOUR we the Beast, how come it is we can use common sense and understand that ONE HOUR = 42 months in Rev. 17:12 but we can't figure out that in Rev. 18:10 it means the exacts same thing?

The truth is most people really cant quite grasp the difference between God's Wrath and its timing and the Troubles of Jacob or Greatest Ever Troubles and its allotted time period.

HINT: They both cover the exact same 1260 days !! But why?

Because Satan is a very intelligent being. He knows God's Wrath (Judgment) is coming like we do. He knows God is going to take out 1/3 of the world with an asteroid strike, and he knows God will not harm Israel (unlike some on here), so the 1/3 of the world He is going to destroy will be on the other side of the world somewhere (think USA, Pacific Realm...the Mountain is cast into the Sea). So, Satan whispers to the Anti-Christ, who Daniel 8:23 says hears Dark Sentences (Satan has his ear), and he thus will simply wait, and wait, and wait, until the mid point of his agreements (he signs them after all) where he knows how long 3.5 years takes. He knows when God's Wrath will strike and that the world will be in chaos, he also knows 1/3 of the world will be destroyed by fire etc. So he uses that chaos to go forth conquering, and he will conquer over a 42 month period of time starting on THAT DAY. Just like God will judge the whole world over a 42 month period of time starting on THAT DAY !! The Rev. 8 Asteroid Impact just begins God's Judgments, it doesn't end His Judgments, the First Woe lasts 5 months in and of itself. Then we get the 2nd Woe where 200 Million Angels kill 1/3 of all men who have the Mark of the Beast and finally the 3rd Woe is the 7th Trump which of course brings all 7 Vials of God's Wrath, in Rev. 15:1 we are told SPECFICALLY that this FINISHES God's Wrath, not starts it.(SEE BELOW).

Rev. 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. (BOOM)

The 7 Vials last for 75 days. We know this because we can understand when the Two-witnesses have to show up (at the 1335 Event) juxtaposed to when the Beast shows up (at the 1260 Event) thus we also know that when the Two-witnesses dies has to be 75 days before the Beast dies also because both must have 1260 day ministries as pre ordained by God on this earth.

The truth is most people are just guessing, they don't really understand all of this.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that very verse where he bolded three words it also has the word TROUBLE which he failed to bold. :)

Seems he and a few more think the Day of the Lord is one day, just like they think God created the Universe in 6 days, the word used for Day is the Hebrew word YOWM which doesn't have to mean a day, it can mean meant many things, including a TIME PERIOD and then we have to use all the clues and insert a description, its used in many many verses in about 50 different things.

#3117 יוֹם yowm {yome}

from an unused root meaning to be hot; TWOT - 852; n m
—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) day, time, year
1a) day (as opposed to night)
1b) day (24 hour period)
1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1
1b2) as a division of time
1b2a) a working day, a day's journey
1c) days, lifetime (pl.)
1d) time, period (general)
1e) year
1f) temporal references
—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially):—age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.
—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)

So, a YOWM is a period if time, insert the description to describe that time period.

Even if God was saying Day of the Lord and thus describing ONE DAY when His wrath begins, that doesn't mean it will just last one day, we know that by using common sense and looking at everything that happens and by using other passages as clues. In Rev. 18:10 which says in ONE HOUR her (Babylon or the WORLD) Judgment is come and thus we have a reference in Rev. 17:12 for how long that is referencing, the kings will rule ONE HOUR we the Beast, how come it is we can use common sense and understand that ONE HOUR = 42 months in Rev. 17:12 but we can't figure out that in Rev. 18:10 it means the exacts same thing?

The truth is most people really cant quite grasp the difference between God's Wrath and its timing and the Troubles of Jacob or Greatest Ever Troubles and its allotted time period.

HINT: They both cover the exact same 1260 days !! But why?

Because Satan is a very intelligent being. He knows God's Wrath (Judgment) is coming like we do. He knows God is going to take out 1/3 of the world with an asteroid strike, and he knows God will not harm Israel (unlike some on here), so the 1/3 of the world He is going to destroy will be on the other side of the world somewhere (think USA, Pacific Realm...the Mountain is cast into the Sea). So, Satan whispers to the Anti-Christ, who Daniel 8:23 says hears Dark Sentences (Satan has his ear), and he thus will simply wait, and wait, and wait, until the mid point of his agreements (he signs them after all) where he knows how long 3.5 years takes. He knows when God's Wrath will strike and that the word will be in chaos, he also knows 1/3 of the world will be destroyed by fire etc. So he uses that chaos to go forth conquering, and he will conquer over a 42 month period of time starting on THAT DAY. Just like God will judged the whole world over a 42 month period of time starting on THAT DAY !! The Rev. 8 Asteroid Impact just begins God's Judgments, it doesn't end His Judgments, the First Woe lasts 5 months in and of itself. Then we get the 2nd Woe where 200 Million Angels kill 1/3 of all men who have the Mark of the Beast and finally the 3rd Woe is the 7th Trump which of course brings all 7 Vials of God's Wrath, in Rev. 15 we are told SPECFICALLY that this FINISHES God's Wrath, not starts it(SEE BELOW).

Rev. 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. (BOOM)

The 7 Vials last for 75 days. We know this because we can understand when the Two-witnesses have to show up (at the 1335 Event) juxtaposed to when the Beast shows up (at the 1260 Event) thus we also know that when the Two-witnesses dies has to be 75 days before the Beast dies also because both must have 1260 day ministries as pre ordained by God on this earth.

The truth is most people are just guessing, they don't really understand all of this.
This entire post is absolute hog wash.

This is the oldest objection to the word 'day' there is.

The word 'day' in the original Hebrew language means DAY.
Strong's Concordance
3117 - yom
yom: day
Original Word: יוֹם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: yom
Phonetic Spelling: (yome)
Definition: day

All those alternative definitions are NASB alternatives.

It means the same in John chapter 6 as it does in Genesis 1 and in Zephaniah 1:14.

It means DAY unmistakably.

The ONLY reason for people striving to force it to mean a longer period of time is to try to give credence to the Pre Trib Rapture via claiming God's Wrath in scripture refers to the Great Tribulation.

Fail and Fail.

Just exactly as Genesis 1 proves it means a 24-hr period of time by including the verse "and the evening and the morning were" ONE "day.", it means ONE Day.

Jesus will return for His people on the Last Day:
John 6:39, 40, 44, 54; 11:24; 12:48

... and God's Wrath will follow immediately. The SAME DAY.
Matthew 24:29-30
Isaiah 13:9-10

And there's no need to GUESS at any of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you allow me the opportunity to prove my claim?

What points do you not agree are represented in those verses?

I'd be happy to further my position that they are.
I would be honored.
First the verses being discussed:

[Matthew 24:29-30 ESV]
29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

[Isaiah 13:9-10 ESV]
9 Behold, the day of the LORD comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it. 10 For the stars of the heavens and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not shed its light.

Now the claim:

Those verses prove:

My opinion concerning the verses proving the claims:

• “Immediately after the tribulation of those days [Great Tribulation] … Then will appear … and they will see the Son of Man coming [Jesus comes] on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” … therefore “Jesus comes AFTER the Great Tribulation” is confirmed.

• “then all the tribes of the earth will mourn [Wrath], and they will see the Son of Man coming [Jesus’ return] on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” … therefore “The Wrath is on the same day as Jesus' return” appears to be confirmed.
  • “Immediately after the tribulation of those days” … the verses appear to pick up AFTER the Great Tribulation, so they do not speak to any events that may or may not happen BEFORE the Great Tribulation. I merely feel that refuting the “pre-Trib Rapture” will require looking at other verses beyond those presented. I have no personal opinion on the Rapture. I have read the verses for all sides and the Holy Spirit has need felt it important to reveal God’s truth on that question to me. I can live with that. I look forwards to watching how God plays out his final (or next to final) act (like in a play).
  • “Immediately after the tribulation” … suggests that “Tribulation” and “Wrath” are two different events with Wrath following immediately after Tribulation. “the day of the LORD comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it.” makes it clear that the “day of the Lord” is a day of wrath and cannot also be the “tribulation” … therefore “The Day of the Lord is NOT the Great Tribulation, but God's Final Wrath” appears to be confirmed.
  • “the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” and “all the tribes of the earth will mourn” and “cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it. For the stars of the heavens and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not shed its light.” … does not quite literally state that God will destroy the entire world, but it does clearly state world impacting destruction and the “whole world” IS implied. Once again, I think that there are other verses that strengthen this argument, but the question was about what these specific verses proved.
In conclusion, I only saw a real problem with the selected verses PROVING #3, since the verses start AFTER the Tribulation.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This entire post is absolute hog wash.
That would be your toothless argument which I destroyed. I just wanted to throw in that you are probably the same type who also thinks God created the universe in 6 days.

I destroyed it BOTH WAYS. I know the Universe is 13.7 billion years old and that the first YOWM (time period) was 9.2 billion years. I don't say in this reference that the word yowm can't be used for a day, because even if it is, its only speaking of ONE DAY that starts God's Wrath, seeing as the 5th Trumpet (2nd Woe) last for 5 months it seems like a little logic would step in and tell you, this one day understanding can not be correct. I mean, this is what I mean guys by tunnel vision, its one day even though it can't be one day, but that's how "I learned it" so I am sticking to it like a flat earther 2000 years ago stuck to the flat earth theory. (I shouldn't say that too loud, my 40 year old brother still thinks the earth is flat, that we never traveled to the moon, and that there are not really any stars, and gets mad when I laugh in his face, and he's not a dumb, just gullible)

Rev. 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

So, a part of God's Wrath lasts 5 months........BUT.......The Day of God's Wrath lasts just ONE DAY. Utter brilliance, how do we come up with these 2 + 2 = 13 summations? Tunnel Vision !!

The word 'day' in the original Hebrew language means DAY.
Freindo, I do WORD STUDIES on one word that covers pages. I use the an online English Hebrew Massoretic Translated Text Bible . Genesis 1 - Hebrew English Translation Massoretic Text MT Interlinear Holy Name King James Version KJV Strong's Concordance Online Parallel Bible Study

I do word studies myself, using the Hebrew, Greek, Chaldean languages etc. etc. I just proved it has 50 different meanings, since you still want to debate the point I will go to my summation on this which shows it being used in the bible in many, many varied ways, and always via a TIME PERIOD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AV - day 2008, time 64, chronicles + H1697 37, daily 32, ever 17,
year 14, continually 10, when 10, as 10, while 8, full 8
always 4, whole 4, alway 4, misc 44; 2274

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some examples where this word is used in a different way BELOW: Notice it's always used as a PERIOD OF TIME of some sort.

2 Kings 17:37 And the statutes, and the ordinances, and the law, and the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore(YOWM); and ye shall not fear other gods.

Genesis 4:3 And in process of time(YOWM) it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting(YOWM).

Ezekiel 4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year(YOWM).

Exodus 13:10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year(YOWM).

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth(YOWM), seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Genesis 40:4 And the captain of the guard charged Joseph with them, and he served them: and they continued a season(YOWM) in ward.

Joshua 24:7 And when they cried unto the Lord, he put darkness between you and the Egyptians, and brought the sea upon them, and covered them; and your eyes have seen what I have done in Egypt: and ye dwelt in the wilderness a long season(YOWM).

1 Kings 9:3 And the Lord said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually(YOWM).

Genesis 29:14 And Laban said to him, Surely thou art my bone and my flesh. And he abode with him the space(YOWM) of a month.

Leviticus 26:34 Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long(YOWM) as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.

Deuteronomy 28:29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore(YOWM), and no man shall save thee.

Deuteronomy 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always(YOWM), that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually(YOWM).

Genesis 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full(YOWM) years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river.

I could go on and on, but I think this shows enough variation and instances which shows us that the Hebrew word YOWM is used for a PERIOD OF TIME of many sorts. Of course it is going to be used for a day more than any other word because God is going to use "SPECIFIC MENTIONS OF DAYS" more than any other period of time. Whenever a Prophets says that there will be so and so many days of this or that he used the word YOWM. But when it was meant as EVERMORE he also used the word YOWM, and when it meant a YEAR they also used the word YOWM, etc. etc.

So God uses the word YOWM and it's up to us to EVENTUALLY figure out what "PERIOD OF TIME" He (God) meant when he used the word yowm!! The Hebrew language had only 4000 words and no vowels at the time, it was a primitive language of course. We shouldn't allow the professors of that time (Pharisees, Scribes) to sway us into saying this has to mean ONE DAY, it was a period of time and it's up to us to figure it out in the end. All men knew back then comparatively speaking was that we had days/years/months. So they had to see it as something, what was it going to be ? Day, Year, Month, Evermore, Perpetually, Full, Always, X Required, Space of time etc. etc. They sure didn't have a clue about how big the universe is like we do, they had no concept of billions of years like we do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always am very well infirmed on these things before I open my trap. After all I have written blogs on how old the universe is and how God created the Universe over 13.7 billion years.

The ONLY reason for people striving to force it to mean a longer period of time is to try to give credence to the Pre Trib Rapture via claiming God's Wrath in scripture refers to the Great Tribulation.

I destroyed you argument both ways, as I matter of fact I only argued from the point tat the DAY of the Lord did mean ONE DAY, because in this instance it probably does mean THE DAY God's Wrath arrives, but there are very good arguments that the DOTL actually doesn't only mean God's 3.5 years of Wrath, but the Day when the Lord starts TAKING OVER via His Wrath AND the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ on this earth. Hence the Day that the Lord starts taking over from Satan via His Wrath, which leads into His 1000 year reign. Thus now Peter saying the earth is destroyed vis the Day of the Lord then makes sense if that DOT lasts 1003.5 years. Thus when Saran is released and deceives the Nations God kills them with fire one last time, I think the earth will be burned to a crisp at that time. That is what Peter is referring unto.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Day of the Lord is NOT the Great Tribulation, but God's Final Wrath
But they are interchangeable. If you want to nit-pick, then the cataclysmic catastrophic cosmic events which follow the Great Tribulation are also included in the "day of the LORD" -- a period of at least 3 1/2 years: And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. (Joel 2:30,31)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the day of the Lord?

Hi all,
I just posted a new video on the subject. Please view my video and let me know what you think.

Hi Cady. You already know I like your videos, and am happy to see you continue with them. It was a build up to the greater subject of the Day of the Lord.

About the only comment I have concerns how various pastors and Christian leaders tend to fail in looking at the Day of the Lord. Many of them believe that this is of less concern to us where we live today, being that the Day of the Lord is in the future--a kind of climactic judgment reserved for the end of time.

Today is all about evangelism, they say. All the evil in the world today is not the hand of God, but rather Satan, while God is sort of "cheer-leading" to get people to respond to Him so He can spare them from all of the Devil's miseries.

This is sort of the kind of Dualism you see in Taoism or Manicheanism. God is sort of viewed by these Christian pastors as on equal footing with the Devil, at least in the present age. And He is patient, declining to act in judgment until the last Act of the age.

But I see the Bible as quite different, with God vastly superior to devils. The Devil is himself God's creation, and despite his rebellion remains under God's control. God then uses him to administer to rebellious man what he has opted for, and is able to mitigate some of the effects of sin when we turn to Him.

But judgment doesn't await the end of the age. There have been many Days of the Lord in Israel's history and in the history of the world. Every time God acts through natural events or economic events or wars, etc., it is in fact God acting, whether in patience or in judgment, to bring about a desired end in his progress towards the end of history.

What do you think? I think you spelled it out properly, as God overseeing all of these things, natural and in an intelligent, supernatural way, to bring Rational Man crashing down in submission to the One who created us all?

And I completely agree that rebellious, intelligent men do all they can to defy "Intelligent Design" in their effort to remove divine control over our minds and rationality. The choice to reject the true knowledge of God is at the heart of our spiritual rebellion. And the Day of the Lord is coming to give mankind a choice, either to submit to God properly, or to rebel against Him and suffer eternal consequences.

Reactions: Keraz

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[Deuteronomy 32 NKJV]
The Song of Moses

Deuteronomy 32:1-43 Give ear, you heavens and earth to what I say - the words that I speak. Let my teaching fall like fine rain onto growing plants.
When I proclaim the Creator – the Lord whose ways are just and righteous, you will respond: “Great is our God “

But you are a perverted and crooked generation. Is this how you repay the Lord? You stupid people, He is the one who made you. Remember the old days, your fathers will tell of God’s favour to them.

When the Most High gave each nation it’s heritage and laid the boundaries for each peoples, the Lord took as His share, Israel, His own people. He found them in a desert land, protected and trained them, watched over and led them to a fertile Land. They grew fat and healthy, but then forsook the Lord: their Maker.

The Lord hid His face from them, saying; Let Me see what their end will be, for they are not to be trusted. In My anger, I shall heap disasters upon them. I had resolved to totally destroy them, but I thought that their enemies would take the credit, saying; it was us that defeated Israel.

Israel are a people that lack understanding – if only they realized what their end is to be! They are only defeated because I have handed them over, their enemies are just fools without a Rock like Israel. I, the Lord, have sealed up in My storehouses a reserve of punishment and vengeance for the moment when the foot of your enemies slips, for the Day of their doom is fast approaching.

The Lord will judge His people and have compassion on His servants when He sees that their strength is gone. He will ask; Where are your false gods now? Let them help you.
See, now that I: I am the Lord your God, there is none other.

I swear; As I live forever, when I have sharpened My flashing sword and set My hand to judgement, then I shall punish My adversaries and wreak vengeance on My foes. My sword will devour flesh and spill the blood of the enemy princes.
Rejoice you heavens, worship Him, for He will avenge the blood of His people. He will punish those who hate Him and will cleanse the Land belonging to His people.

Great is our God! Reference, Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged

From this passage, we see, in verse 35, that the Lord is waiting for His enemies “foot to slip” – in other words, for them to make a mistaken move and then He will act against them. That move will be an attack onto Israel and the Lord will respond with fire from His storehouse, the sun. Isaiah 30:26-30, Deuteronomy 32:22, Malachi 4:1-3

Verse 43- the NIV says; ....He will take vengeance on His enemies and make atonement for His Land and people.

A parallel passage is in Jeremiah 12:14 I shall uproot those evil neighbours who encroach on the Land which I allotted to My people, Israelites, as their holding. Israelites: Now, every true Christian believer in God and Jesus. Galatians 3:26-29, Romans 9:6-8

Psalm 125:3 The rule of the wicked will not remain over the Land allotted to the righteous. Jeremiah 10:18, Hosea 4:3

The Lord hid His Face from them….. Ezekiel 39:25-29 When I bring My people into their heritage……..No longer shall I hide My face from them……Revelation 7:9
  • therefore “The Day of the Lord is NOT the Great Tribulation, but God's Final Wrath” appears to be confirmed.
This is not right.
The Sixth Seal is God's wrath upon His enemies. A single day event, whereas the Great Tribulation will last for 3 1/2 years. Placing the Day of wrath as the final event; at Jesus Return, means shuffling Revelation. Not a good idea.

The whole world is never destroyed. After the Millennium it is renewed, but none of the 100+ Prophesies about the Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, say there will be total destruction.
Most people will survive by hiding under shelter. As Rev 6:12-17 tells us.
I always am very well infirmed on these things before I open my trap.
You are also a comedian; I laughed at this typo!