Day of the Lord - Introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:1 says that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth".

The "heavens" there is "šāmayim" which means...."heaven, heavens, sky.
  1. visible heavens, sky
    1. as abode of the stars

2. as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere, etc." (Strongs)
Actually, the real Hebrew word there for Heavens is Hashamayim and it means Sky-waters. Ask any true Hebrew-speaking person. It does not mean space or bodies in space at all.

Genesis 1 uses terms that are defined for us, and the word "yôm" (day) for example, doesn't just mean a 24 hour period...it means...."day, time, year.
No. It means Day in the original Hebrew. The alternative definitions are modern NASB translations.

Strong's displays this clearly for all to see.
"The Lord's Day" comes after the "day of his anger"......the first is a result of the second
I challenge you to present any verse in scripture that uses the phrase Lord's Day besides Revelation 1:10.

The Lord's Day means the Sabbath day per Isaiah 58:13 and the Day of the Lord is not the same thing; nor is it the Great Tribulation.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, these topics can get kinda sticky. The Bible does say the very "elements will melt with fervent heat."
2 Peter 3:10-12

Let's see:
"the heavens shall pass away" This means the entire sky will disappear, gone, destroyed. Lines up with Matthew 24:29
"the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." That's self explanatory
You make no distinction between 2 Peter 3:10 and verse 12-13
10 refers to this earth, an event to happen before Jesus Returns, but 12-13 refers to the universe, what will happen after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7
the Final Judgment seems to strongly imply the complete destruction of the world, if not just every living thing in it.
Yes; Eternity is a whole different ball game.
It will be a Spiritual Realm, all physical things and mortality will be no more.
God's great Plan for mankind will be over and the result is what He wanted; a people who believed in Him, who kept His Commandments and accepted the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus. THEY will live with Him forever.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[Romans 9 NKJV]
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 As He says also in Hosea:

“I will call them My people, who were not My people,
And her beloved, who was not beloved.”
26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.”
Yes very good, excellent choice of scripture....but why does God need to do this? Why not just eliminate the rebels from existence in the beginning and start again?
Why the need for all of what this scripture indicates?

I have little to say about the “finale” beyond something that e.e. cummings said much better

winter by spring, i lift my diminutive spire to
merciful Him Whose only now is forever:
standing erect in the deathless truth of His presence
(welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness)

- from i am a little church
The Bible's description about the "finale" is not easy reading.....so again, why would God allow the Israelites as his chosen nation to disobey him so many times, and have to endure his punishments, but then after repenting, to repeat the same behaviors in successive generations?

What is the lesson and why has it taken thousands of years to accomplish what could have been done with the wave of his hand....? What are your thoughts?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I still cannot decide how honest and sincere of a person you are the way you constantly alter your claims just ever so slightly to avoid being corrected.

Now, you're calling it "The Lord's Day of fiery wrath."

The phrase 'The Lord's Day' is used exactly once in scripture, Revelation 1:10, referring to the Sabbath Day.
I have been writing articles and posting on Prophecy Forums for 12+ years now. I have never changed my stance of how the next event will be the Lord's Day of fiery wrath.
I call it 'fiery', because 70+ prophesies describe fire on that Day.

It has nothing to do with the Sabbath day.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're preaching to the choir, Curtis.

We are in agreement.

You can simply edit the word disagree in your post and change it to agree.

Thanks. I disagree that it’s a long time period and the end of the world.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes very good, excellent choice of scripture....but why does God need to do this? Why not just eliminate the rebels from existence in the beginning and start again?
Why the need for all of what this scripture indicates?

The Bible's description about the "finale" is not easy reading.....so again, why would God allow the Israelites as his chosen nation to disobey him so many times, and have to endure his punishments, but then after repenting, to repeat the same behaviors in successive generations?

What is the lesson and why has it taken thousands of years to accomplish what could have been done with the wave of his hand....? What are your thoughts?
Same reason a farmer can’t plant crops and harvest them the same day, but has to wait for the wheat (and the weeds) to grow until harvest time.

Ezekiel says that God put up with Israel and will fulfill His end-time promises to put them in the land He gave them, and literally dwell with them in Jerusalem forever, for HIS sake, not theirs.

Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

(The Jeremiah 31 new covenant, which started with Jesus’ crucifixion)

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Eze 36:29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

Eze 36:30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.

Eze 36:31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

Eze 36:32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Eze 36:33 Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.

Eze 36:34 And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.

Eze 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

Eze 36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

Eze 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

Eze 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Eze 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

Eze 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Eze 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Eze 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Eze 37:27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eze 37:28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it is beyond dispute in my mind that many of the biblical references to the fires that burn the "whole earth" refer to regional judgments, and not planetary judgments. In the end, the earth is going to survive all of these many fires.

I also believe the earth is cleansed by fire and restored to Edenic conditions, instead of being completely destroyed.

For one thing, after the day of the Lord in Zechariah 14:1, the nations of the earth still exist and come up into Jerusalem to worship, in Zechariah 14:16 -21.

Egypt is specifically mentioned as still existing - and those nations are called heathen in verse 18.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD (of this Devil's world-Matthew 4:v.8-11) are become the kingdoms of our LORD, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 11:v.15

This is when Jesus opens the sealed title deed to the earth, as a prelude for His second coming.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Nobody's shouting/yelling. ALL CAPS IS YELLING. We can use any size font and any color as long as we're not using all caps. Ask Oseas. That's the rules.
No, we really don't need to answer those questions at all because they're asinine questions.

Who are you to question God? His Word says He's going to do these things, He doesn't need a reason that we have to agree makes sense to us.
Why God waits 6,000 years is so the harvest of souls aka the wheat, to grow untill harvest, until the number of souls God wants to save is reached.

That and because of the sabbath-millennium, taught by Barnabas and other 1st century disciples of Jesus.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also believe the earth is cleansed by fire and restored to Edenic conditions, instead of being completely destroyed.

For one thing, after the day of the Lord in Zechariah 14:1, the nations of the earth still exist and come up into Jerusalem to worship, in Zechariah 14:16 -21.

Egypt is specifically mentioned as still existing - and those nations are called heathen in verse 18.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Yea, I find that very interesting. This seems to be a classic Millennial passage, in which mortal humanity continues to inhabit the earth, albeit directed towards acknowledgement of one God. Whether there will be a temple dedicated to God in Jerusalem I have no clue. I happen to believe that Christianity has displaced all material temples dedicated to the one true God. But I don't know for certain?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We agree that the DoL and the GT are separate events.
But it is clear from many prophesies, that the Lord's Day of fiery wrath is the next prophesied event we can expect.
It will set the stage for all the dramas and punishments, such as the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls, leading up to the glorious Day Jesus will Return. He only destroys the attacking armies at Armageddon and chains up Satan on that Day.
Which is the 6th and 7th Bowl, Revelation 16:12-18

The next event I’m looking for, is the AOD/SOP mid trib (mid week - per Daniel) event.

In Matthew 24, the abomination of desolation/son of perdition event is in verse 15, the DOL in verse 29, and a rapture in verses 30-31.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AS Jesus warned us; Luke 21:25-28... cosmic events will happen, the sea will surge and roar....people will stand helpless not knowing what to do....People will faint with terror.....But we must stand strong in our faith, as our redemption is near.
AFTER all those prophesied things, from Rev 6:12 to Rev 19:10; then Jesus will Return in power and great glory.

It will be the works of man on the earth, which will pass away. 2 Peter 3:10
How the Lord will do that is by instigating a massive explosion on the suns surface. This is the unexpected event, which will change the world to a similar degree as He did in the days of Noah.

That could be. But the point is, the kinds of things Jesus warned would be coming did not incite all kinds of concern from Christians. If so, why should we be concerned about a massive EMP event?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, these topics can get kinda sticky. The Bible does say the very "elements will melt with fervent heat."
2 Peter 3:10-12

Let's see:
"the heavens shall pass away" This means the entire sky will disappear, gone, destroyed. Lines up with Matthew 24:29
"the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." That's self explanatory

Well, think about it. How do the heavens actually pass away? You're just talking about our atmosphere, or outer space, or both, together with all of the heavenly bodies that exist within them, right? So would Jesus be suggesting this? What kind of impact would this make on his Disciples?

What it means is that the hierarchical structure, from God to men, is going to be re-worked. The old hierarchy of men over men is going to be completely disestablished. The universe, as it existed to give freedom to evil angels, is going to go away. Satan will be bound.

If you think this means anything else, such as the disappearance of the sky, you're going to have to explain to me what this means, and what it would've suggested to those who whom it was originally given? They did not have astronomy classes back then. The going away of the sky would mean the current state of the climate would be extinguished in favor of something entirely new. It would mean an intense weather change, such as how Isaiah describes an intense light.

Isa 30.25 In the day of great slaughter, when the towers fall, streams of water will flow on every high mountain and every lofty hill. 26 The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

Zech 14.7 It will be a unique day—a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.

The following was a metaphorical expression of the fall of exalted rulers, which would be viewed like stars in the heavens.

Isa 13.10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So science is dead wrong that the earth and the universe are ancient? Billions of years old?

Genesis 1:1 says that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth".

The "heavens" there is "šāmayim" which means...."heaven, heavens, sky.
  1. visible heavens, sky
    1. as abode of the stars

2. as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere, etc." (Strongs)
So, the "heavens" from the perspective of an earth-bound human was what appeared in the sky above, particularly at night. By day the brilliance of the sun swallowed the brilliance of the stars and moon at night, but they certainly knew that there was something vast up there. David was moved to write about his observations of God's creation....how small man was in the big scheme of things...

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have set in place;
4 What is man that You think of him,
And a son of man that You are concerned about him?"
(Psalm 8:3-4)

The "earth" is "'ereṣ" which means...."land, earth.
  1. earth
    1. whole earth (as opposed to a part)

2. earth (as opposed to heaven)

3. earth (inhabitants)" (Strongs)
So not just one definition.

If the dinosaurs were created on the same "day" as the humans, why is there no mention of these ginormous creatures who would no doubt, have cause harm to humans just by getting in their way. Were there dinosaurs on the ark? Would the ark's dimensions have allowed for such large creatures to take up the limited space? What does common sense tell you?

The scientists do agree with the Bible that creation had a beginning, but the whole universe existing for a mere 6,000 years is ridiculous. Science is the study of God's creation.....they just don't believe what YEC's claim about its origins, or the timeframe that YEC believers insist is the truth.

Genesis 1 uses terms that are defined for us, and the word "yôm" (day) for example, doesn't just mean a 24 hour period...it means...."day, time, year
  1. day (as opposed to night)

2. day (24 hour period)
    1. as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1

2. as a division of time
      1. a working day, a day's journey
  3. days, lifetime (pl.)

4. time, period (general)

5. year"
So it does not confine the creative "days" to 24 hour periods. To stick to that assumption is to deny what the Genesis account actually says in Hebrew.

Genesis 1:1 does not even give us a timeframe between the creation of "the heavens and the earth" and the careful preparation of this chosen planet for habitation, commencing in verse 2.

You are what you display yourself to be on this forum. Some consider you ignorant...you consider others ignorant.....who will be the judge? Not you...or me.

Well, not to everyone. Looking foolish is what Christians are used to...or they should be. (1 Corinthians 1:26-29)

Which is why he kept it in simple terms. The study of science was a long way off for humans, and details would simply have muddied the waters and clouded their understanding.
Humans were created to learn by experience. This is demonstrated in Eden.....God told them not to eat of just one fruit in the garden. That one, out of the abundance of food available to the humans, was off limits under threat of death. It was God's property. In all of human history, to steal from one's Sovereign was a capital offense.

But since an adversary rose up and questioned God's Sovereign right to enforce limits on their exercise of free will, God had to *show* them what it meant to seek independence from him. We have therefore been involved in the most important object lesson in history.
We know how it ends.

Yes, the truth is not complicated......so why do you think there are so many versions of it? Can they all be right? Who decides?

"The Lord's Day" comes after the "day of his anger"......the first is a result of the second.
A cleansed earth and a reset...this time a permanent one. (2 Peter 3:13) No new planet...no new universe....there is no defect in any of God's creation.....defects come with disobedience. Only humans and angels are capable of that.

Dinosaurs are mentioned in scripture, but not by the term that wasn’t invented until the 1800s.

Behemoth for one, the Bible also calls some species of dinosaurs dragons, including LEVIATHAN that breathes fire - which is possible- so does the bombardier beetle, on a smaller scale.

So the Chinese most likely really did see fire breathing dragons in the past.

Leviathan

Job 41:7 Can you fill his skin with harpoons or his head with fishing spears?

Job 41:8 Lay your hands on him; remember the battle—you will not do it again!

Who can strip off his outer garment? Who would come near him with a bridle?

Job 41:14 Who can open the doors of his face? Around his teeth is terror.

Job 41:15 His back is made of rows of shields, shut up closely as with a seal.

Job 41:16 One is so near to another that no air can come between them.

Job 41:17 They are joined one to another; they clasp each other and cannot be separated. (Scales)

Job 41:18 His sneezings flash forth light, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the dawn.

Job 41:19 Out of his mouth go flaming torches; sparks of fire leap forth.

Job 41:20 Out of his nostrils comes forth smoke, as from a boiling pot and burning rushes.

Job 41:21 His breath kindles coals, and a flame comes forth from his mouth.

Job 41:22 In his neck abides strength, and terror dances before him.

Job 41:23 The folds of his flesh stick together, firmly cast on him and immovable.

Job 41:24 His heart is hard as a stone, hard as the lower millstone.

Job 41:25 When he raises himself up, the mighty are afraid; at the crashing they are beside themselves.

Job 41:26 Though the sword reaches him, it does not avail, nor the spear, the dart, or the javelin.

Job 41:27 He counts iron as straw, and bronze as rotten wood.

Job 41:28 The arrow cannot make him flee; for him, sling stones are turned to stubble.

Job 41:29 Clubs are counted as stubble; he laughs at the rattle of javelins.

Job 41:30 His underparts are like sharp potsherds; he spreads himself like a threshing sledge on the mire.

Job 41:31 He makes the deep boil like a pot; he makes the sea like a pot of ointment.

Job 41:32 Behind him he leaves a shining wake; one would think the deep to be white-haired.

Job 41:33 On earth there is not his like, a creature without fear.

The universe is not 14 billion years old. Just one of many natural clocks that exist are all the short-lived comets.

And the Oort Cloud as a cosmic snow-cone machine, spitting out icy balls called comets periodically, is non-existent, except in the mind of whoever dreamed it up.

Radiometric dating is extremely unreliable and they play games with it to get the ancient age that the atheist fairy tale of evolution needs in order for the impossible to occur of life coming from non life, then an amoeba becoming a man.

I know for a fact that the watchtower rejects the “science” of Darwinian gradualism aka evolution, so I’m surprised they would buy the lie of an ancient earth.

Also dinosaurs lay eggs and hatch small young, Noah would have taken recently hatched dinosaurs, and young elephants, etc.

As for enough food, science says all animals have potential for hibernation- that would take care of feeding them.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just wanted to throw in that you are probably the same type who also thinks God created the universe in 6 days.

Yes @GEN2REV, like he says, you are probably the same type who think God created the universe in 6 days.

Me too. That same Bible that tells me that God did that, is the same Book that tells me that Jesus loves me and died for me.
Which part is true and which part is not? Accepted by faith, all of it.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since you are asking for MY SPECULATIONS:

• I believe that from Creation to the birth of Abel (the generation of Adam and Eve) existed to demonstrate that given neutral (pre-fall and uncorrupted) free will, man would eventually “miss the mark” (the basic meaning behind ‘sin’) and fall short of the perfection required of God … thus demonstrating that even without a fallen nature, mankind needs a Savior.
  • I believe that from Abel to the Law given by Moses demonstrates that fallen mankind will not OBEY the general guidance of GOD (like Cain ignored God’s warning) and will not heed the innate laws of God hard wired into the human heart (like Romans 1:18-32 and Romans 2:12-16 talk about) … thus demonstrating that all men with a fallen nature need a Savior.
  • I believe that the LAW given to Moses and the Prophets and Judges and Kings demonstrates that even with detailed written rules (people might be tempted to say that if God had given more detailed instructions, then mankind might have obeyed), our natural bent drawing us away from God is stronger than any set of written rules or any Prophet to warn or any King to compel or even any punishment from God to force repentance … the dog insists on returning to its vomit … all men DESPERATELY need a Savior if we are to have any hope at all.
  • I believe that when God Himself comes (incarnate), mankind is presented with an example and a message and a SALVATION so simple and direct and comprehensive that ANYONE can do it … yet fallen men demonstrate once again that NOTHING is harder than the human heart … thus demonstrating that if any are to be saved, it must be God that does the saving (Ephesians 2:1-10) and if any are to obey, it must be God that transforms the heart both to will and to work for His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

A “wave of His wand” might have accomplished the WHAT, but it would not have proven the WHY that points to HIS glory. As a consequence, if mankind had been obedient from Adam forward, we would be happy servants - creatures of the Living God … but we would not be Sons of God and IN CHRIST. So God’s plan is ultimately for OUR GOOD and HIS GLORY.

That is MY SPECULATION.
The TRUTH belongs to God alone.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @GEN2REV, like he says, you are probably the same type who think God created the universe in 6 days.

Me too. That same Bible that tells me that God did that, is the same Book that tells me that Jesus loves me and died for me.
Which part is true and which part is not? Accepted by faith, all of it.
6 days or 6 billion years … I don’t know for sure. What I do know for certain is that the Bible got enough “correct” that made no logical sense that I am unwilling to bet against it.

Remember the lesson of the Hittites.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been writing articles and posting on Prophecy Forums for 12+ years now. I have never changed my stance of how the next event will be the Lord's Day of fiery wrath.
I call it 'fiery', because 70+ prophesies describe fire on that Day.

It has nothing to do with the Sabbath day.
I can appreciate your experience in writing about the Bible. We're discussing scripture here and it's kind of an imperative that we use phrases as they're used in scripture, if we value being accurate and in line with God's Word. That's my take on it.

You can call things anything you like, I suppose, but if you value clear communication of scriptural concepts, it does make sense to stay as close to the words/meanings given by scripture as possible.

'The Lord's Day' is used only in Revelation 1:10. It means the Sabbath Day.

Modern Church False Doctrine use the term as their Sunday day of worship. It is a misnomer.

The Day of the Lord is a very serious, and important, concept in scripture referring to the day of God's Wrath.

All of that is what the Bible tells us plainly. None of it is opinion.