Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
quicken: hebrew
to live, whether literally or figuratively; causatively, to revive:—keep (leave, make) alive, certainly, give (promise) life, (let, suffer to) live, nourish up, preserve (alive), quicken, recover, repair, restore (to life), revive, ( God) save (alive, life, lives), surely, be whole.

Psa 71:20 Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
Again?? hmm

Psa 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
Psa 143:11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

(For it is appointed unto man once to die.. for all have sinned and fall short)
quicken:greek
to make one alive together
of Christians, with Christ

Ephesians 2:5; σύν τῷ Χριστῷ, Colossians 2:13; in both of these passages new moral life is referred to.

When you are dead in sin, your not keeping God's commandments.
You know the 10, that Jesus combined down into 2 easier ones to remember..
because for some reason 10 was just too many..
When you are quickened, revived, made alive, is when you turn to God and do what he says.
That is to Keep His Commandments.

Love God with all your heart and mind and might
(or soul) it is the body through which the will manifests itself.
punch kick touch hug.. you have to will it to do it.
Everything you are inside and out.

Bringing every thought and every action unto subjection in him.

Love they neighbour as thyself.
Don't steal, don't commit adultery, don't bear false witness. don't covet your neighbors wife or that lamborghini...

This is the process of being quickened..
turning from darkness to light.
turning from disobedience to obedience.
From being lawless to lawful.

Do we fall back? Yes we do.
Will he forgive if we aks his forgiveness? He says he will.
How many times Lord, 7 times? Jesus said.. 7 times 77..
this is Grace.

Just 2... that's all he asks.. just 2.

HUGS
And what is your point ? Did u understand the context in which I made that comment ?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I'm concerned you have lost the argument....because you will not answer a simple question saying that you have already answered it when you did not answer it.
I have already answered it. I dont care nothing about you saying I lost a argument lol. Man is dead in sin naturally, dead as a corpse !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already answered it. I dont care nothing about you saying I lost a argument lol. Man is dead in sin naturally, dead as a corpse !
The verse in question has men who are dead in sin asking the Lord to quicken them.

How are they able to ask the Lord to quicken them if they are dead in trespasses and sins?

And if they are spiritually alive, why are they asking the Lord to do what He has already done in them?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse in question has men who are dead in sin asking the Lord to quicken them.

How are they able to ask the Lord to quicken them if they are dead in trespasses and sins?
Thats what you said ! And to answer the other, I have already answered, you dont pay attention !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have made it a general rule that I don't backtrack when it comes to posting on message boards. So if I missed something, I am going to continue to miss it unless you post it again or at least post a link to the post where you answered my question.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have made it a general rule that I don't backtrack when it comes to posting on message boards. So if I missed something, I am going to continue to miss it unless you post it again or at least post a link to the post where you answered my question.
Yes that is difficult especially when responding to numerous posters with various questions.

I'm sure they can search in the thread but most are to lazy to utilize that option. I have one poster in particular now in a thread doing just that so now I'm just cut n pasting my previous response on the same question. I'm not going to take the time to write out the same response to a question that has been asked ad nauseum.

I had another person demand I go back and look for their question I forgot to answer and asked what it was because I hade responded to several other posters for a few hours. So it was several pages back in the thread and I was ridiculed for asking him to repost the question and he refused. So the next day I found it after searching through a dozen pages and when I responded he blew me off. I just don't get some people especially who love to ask all the questions but when they are asked have a bad attitude. I guess the saying holds true. You can please some of the people some of the times but cannot please all of the people all of the times lol.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: justbyfaith

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is your point ? Did u understand the context in which I made that comment ?
ATTITUDE!! nice.. o_O
Apparently NOT.. :rolleyes:
why don't you explain it to me so I understand what your point is. ;)

I tried reading your first post and there was a question at the bottom.
That is what I was referring to..
Your turn..:D

HUGS

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I m sure you didn't pay attention, if u did, you should recall what I stated !
I recall what I need to recall...that it was not an adequate answer to my questions.

Also, I am not certain which of your statements you are referring to when you say that you have already answered my questions.

Try to make it clear for everyone your answer to my question and what question it is in answer to.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like hagin,copeland, osteen, johnson you are a name it claim it, prosperity gospel, charismatic, pentecostal, faith healing, word of faith, sinless perfectionist false teacher.

how does that sound about right correct ? just like hagin,copeland, osteen, johnson and all the others who teach exactly what you teach on this forum. You fit their teachings to a tee.

LOL I do not follow any of them. In fact, there are many things they teach that are an embarrassment to those who follow after the Holy Spirit. Again, I am Charismatic, which is NOT a denomination, but anyone who believes the whole New Covenant of the Spirit, not the Law. And that includes all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall what I need to recall...that it was not an adequate answer to my questions.

Also, I am not certain which of your statements you are referring to when you say that you have already answered my questions.

Try to make it clear for everyone your answer to my question and what question it is in answer to.
It was adequate to me, you should have paid attention, it was made clear then !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was adequate to me, you should have paid attention, it was made clear then !
Oh well, your point is lost on me...if you wanted to convince me of something you have failed to do so.

I don't backtrack when it comes to posts on message boards; because of Philippians 3:13....the Lord spoke it to me as concerning that a while ago.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I do not follow any of them. In fact, there are many things they teach that are an embarrassment to those who follow after the Holy Spirit. Again, I am Charismatic, which is NOT a denomination, but anyone who believes the whole New Covenant of the Spirit, not the Law. And that includes all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Hello,
what part of the law?
Some of it, all of it?
which law?

Thank You CharismaticLady!
And what is Charismatic? All these different pieces of the puzzle...some are this and some that.. I get so confused .. lol

HUGS

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
what part of the law?
Some of it, all of it?
which law?

Thank You CharismaticLady!
And what is Charismatic? All these different pieces of the puzzle...some are this and some that.. I get so confused .. lol

HUGS

Pentecostals are Charismatics, but not all Charismatics are Pentecostals. Charismatic is not just someone who believes in the gifts of the Spirit, but who has been born again of the Spirit (baptized in the Holy Spirit), and has experienced a supernatural gift of the Spirit.

One who has been born again has experienced this life changing event through true repentance. What is born again is our soul and spirit. In other words our old carnal nature has died and replaced with a nature that naturally obeys the righteous requirements of the Old Testament laws.

The Old Testament laws, such as the Ten Commandments were given to guide us, but they had to be kept with a nature that was in opposition to the law. Romans 7:13-23 shows what that struggle was like, and with the law of sin in our nature, causing death. The Covenant of the Ten Commandments is called the ministry of death. 2 Corinthians 3:6-11.

Jesus came to free us from that old nature. In other words free us from sin. John 8:32-36. The Ten Commandments were for the purpose of showing us our sin in our nature. Without the desire to sin, there is no further need for the written Law, because according to Jeremiah 31:31-33, the eternal law of God - "To love God with all your heart, mind and body, and Love your neighbor as yourself is written on our new nature, and then instead of being in opposition to the law, we naturally keep them. Romans 8:1-9. 1 John 3:5-9

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pentecostals are Charismatics, but not all Charismatics are Pentecostals. Charismatic is not just someone who believes in the gifts of the Spirit, but who has been born again of the Spirit (baptized in the Holy Spirit), and has experienced a supernatural gift of the Spirit.

One who has been born again has experienced this life changing event through true repentance. What is born again is our soul and spirit. In other words our old carnal nature has died and replaced with a nature that naturally obeys the righteous requirements of the Old Testament laws.

The Old Testament laws, such as the Ten Commandments were given to guide us, but they had to be kept with a nature that was in opposition to the law. Romans 7:13-23 shows what that struggle was like, and with the law of sin in our nature, causing death. The Covenant of the Ten Commandments is called the ministry of death. 2 Corinthians 3:6-11.

Jesus came to free us from that old nature. In other words free us from sin. John 8:32-36. The Ten Commandments were for the purpose of showing us our sin in our nature. Without the desire to sin, there is no further need for the written Law, because according to Jeremiah 31:31-33, the eternal law of God - "To love God with all your heart, mind and body, and Love your neighbor as yourself is written on our new nature, and then instead of being in opposition to the law, we naturally keep them. Romans 8:1-9.
I understand this fully Thank You.

What about those who have not been born again, do we still need to have these laws available?
Is it still a teacher to those who have not yet come to Christ?

Thank you

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What about those who have not been born again, do we still need to have these laws available?

Thank you
I believe that I can answer for @CharismaticLady as I believe she would have a similar answer to what I will give to you (if I am wrong she can most certainly speak up).

Yes, the law is a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ (Galatians 3:24); showing them that they are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20) and thus converting their souls (Psalms 19:7 (kjv)) when they turn to Christ and His shed blood as the remedy for sin (Matthew 1:21, John 8:31-36, Romans 5:9, Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@brightfame52 and @DNB

Quicken merely means going from dead to alive. Those who are born with a dead spirit (for all have fallen short of the glory of God), and recognize their total weakness and repent, are quickened by the baptism of the Holy Spirit and born again to life eternal.

Even His Word is "quickened" by and through His Spirit. Otherwise it would be "foolishness" :)

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you

Adding to @justbyfaith, Jesus said we MUST be born again of the Spirit. Unfortunately, not everyone who claims to be a Christian and knows about Christ or even the laws of the OT has been born again. It is not something you can just "claim" because you go to church and you've read about it. I went to church for 30 years, before being born again. Because I was raised right, I never lied or stole anything, but when it came to other sins of the flesh, like sex, I couldn't resist. When I realized I was totally weak in this one area, and wanted to be free of this carnal nature that made me obsessed, I cried out to Jesus and just told Him, I couldn't stop on my own, even for Him, so if He wanted me to stop, He would have to do something. I didn't know what to expect. About 2-3 weeks later, I saw a vision of my sin, God spoke to me (!!!) and then baptized me with His Holy Spirit. I felt it. It felt like warm electrified oil being poured on my head and covering me. I felt so light, I even looked at my feet to see if they were still on the floor. Immediately I was free of all desire to sin, even "that" one. The righeousness of God was written on my heart, and I remained faithful to keep abiding in Him. The alternative I never wanted to see again. Matthew 7:21-23.

The main gift that God gave me was being able to hear His voice. In 1 Corinthians 12, they would be prophecy, word of wisdom and word of knowledge. There is one more "hearing" gift which I don't have, and that is interpretation of tongues. I don't have the ability to receive messages in tongues FROM God either, just prayer language TO God. Mark 16:17, 1 Corinthians 14:15.