Dead to the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe, Dear Lady, that everyone's experience of regeneration is basically the same?

What is the same is Jesus saying, we MUST be born again. That is receiving a new nature. I think you'd know it if that happened. I was amazed. I wasn't even expecting it, because no one ever said what to expect, or even to expect a change. Mine was between night and day.

I think conversion is an ongoing process. Of course, I don't just assume this from my wandering thoughts. I kinda believe that Matthew 6:25-34 (and especially v. 34) pertains to spiritual things as well as temporal. Also, there's 1 Corinthians 15:31 which hints at this, as well. And Christ told Peter (I believe in John 13) that he had to be converted later on. Was he lost while he walked with Jesus? Weren't the disciples told that their names were written in Heaven?
Matthew 6:25-34 isn't about overcoming sin, but that worry is a sin. And I've learned that sanctification isn't overcoming sin either. We are freed from sin the moment we are born again with a new nature that has the laws of God written on our heart, where keeping them is natural. Sanctification is at the same time as justification. So if you were justified, you were also set apart for good works. But there is a life-long process, but it is not overcoming sin, but becoming more and more like Jesus. Those steps are found in 2 Peter 1:5-7. It is basically maturing in the fruit of the Spirit.

As many times as I've heard about how the baptism of the Holy Spirit works, I still don't understand it very well, and I keep coming back to John 3:8. I think that Exodus paints a fairly plain picture of of it, but I haven't studied it out.

I think I have sent you my testimony. I describe the feeling I had. After the initial infilling I had a hunger for everything "God." His Word, teaching tapes, Christian TV, Christian music. I couldn't get enough. I was also given gifts, and the main one was being able to hear His voice. It isn't audible, but He interrupts my thoughts with an instruction. They sound like my thoughts (silent), but are not anything I knew before to think even on. Many times when He tells me something profound. All I can say is "Wow."

Absolutely--No doubt.
Yes, but what some don't get is that freedom from sin happens in this life. Some think it won't happen until after the resurrection. But then is too late. Revelation 22:11

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith, this is the last post that I'm making to you and I'm way too lazy to try and find your post because I'm tired of this thread,.. but why did it sound like every time I was saying that salvation is based upon grace I would be gambling my salvation or I would be wise to listen to your teachings or something? You made it sound like you believed in work based salvation.
Don't run off, AR, you bring a fresh outlook to the discussion. We all need to learn to disagree without hard feelings and you can help us. We need your sword to sharpen our own. We also must avoid the influence of political correctness that makes us assume we are being attacked when we are opposed. We all do it in some form, to some degree and we need an influence and viewpoint like yours to help us reach a balance of justice and mercy. From spending much time discussing things with @justbyfaith, I can assure you that he means no harm to anyone. We're all part of the body and if you're an ear and we lose you we literally lose our balance. In any case, blessings to you, and I look forward to seeing you elsewhere if you should decide to leave the discussion at hand. :D

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does that include Mary?

come Holy Spirit come by the means of the powerful intercession of the immaculate heart of Mary Thy well beloved spouse!

Wow.....this guy really drank the Kool-Aid ! His time would have been better spent reading the Bible.....nobody who starts at one end Of the Bible with Genesis,and proceeds to the end at Revelation, could never come out a catholic —- all that “ Mary “ worship ain't in there.....she was blessed by God with the role she played, but she was still a Sinner that needed a Savior....she herself said that much....

Reactions: Charlie24

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't run off, AR, you bring a fresh outlook to the discussion. We all need to learn to disagree without hard feelings and you can help us. We need your sword to sharpen our own. We also must avoid the influence of political correctness that makes us assume we are being attacked when we are opposed. We all do it in some form, to some degree and we need an influence and viewpoint like yours to help us reach a balance of justice and mercy. From spending much time discussing things with @justbyfaith, I can assure you that he means no harm to anyone. We're all part of the body and if you're an ear and we lose you we literally lose our balance. In any case, blessings to you, and I look forward to seeing you elsewhere if you should decide to leave the discussion at hand. :D

Sorry,.. but I'm really busy with Easter topics right now anyways.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The end must be freedom from sin.

Truer words were never spoken.....All Believers will know Perfection, “ Over There”.....Paul admitted that “ he” couldn’t achieve Perfection, yet you think that “ you” can.....interesting.....and untrue.
As I say to anybody who thinks they are somehow “ Sinless”..... let me speak to your Spouse.....lol.....we’ll see just how “ perfect “ you are.....what a joke....

Reactions: Charlie24

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time I try to tell you that salvation isn't based on works but on grace.
I wholeheartedly agree with that concept.

No you don’t.....with you , it’s “Grace, Plus Lucky Repentance”...... you turn a good thing in a Believer’s Life ( repentance) into a WORK ........WORKS CANCEL GRACE .....you wouldn’t know Grace if it came up and bit you on the.....Er, ....ah.....we’ve already covered that ground, haven’t we? Lol....

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I calmly and kindly explained how we were really on the same page about this, we were simply using our words differently.....
Shame you reject that “peace branch” with a lie....” deceivers gonna deceive”..... why did I hope for anything different....
When did this happen? I need to see that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.....this guy really drank the Kool-Aid ! His time would have been better spent reading the Bible.....nobody who starts at one end Of the Bible with Genesis,and proceeds to the end at Revelation, could never come out a catholic —- all that “ Mary “ worship ain't in there.....she was blessed by God with the role she played, but she was still a Sinner that needed a Savior....she herself said that much....

mare you kidding?

mary
Gen 3:15 immaculate conception
Lk 1:28 full of grace, blessed, the Lord is with Her
Heb 4:16 throne of Grace Mary is the mother of divine grace
Rev 12:1 queen of heaven

she was blessed? Why

saved in advance! Preserved from sin by the merits of her divine son, still her savior, and if you could create your mother, how would you do it? With immaculate purity like Jesus did!

never said anything about worship or worshiping Mary so you can apologize now!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the same is Jesus saying, we MUST be born again. That is receiving a new nature. I think you'd know it if that happened. I was amazed. I wasn't even expecting it, because no one ever said what to expect, or even to expect a change. Mine was between night and day.

Matthew 6:25-34 isn't about overcoming sin, but that worry is a sin. And I've learned that sanctification isn't overcoming sin either. We are freed from sin the moment we are born again with a new nature that has the laws of God written on our heart, where keeping them is natural. Sanctification is at the same time as justification. So if you were justified, you were also set apart for good works. But there is a life-long process, but it is not overcoming sin, but becoming more and more like Jesus. Those steps are found in 2 Peter 1:5-7. It is basically maturing in the fruit of the Spirit.

I think I have sent you my testimony. I describe the feeling I had. After the initial infilling I had a hunger for everything "God." His Word, teaching tapes, Christian TV, Christian music. I couldn't get enough. I was also given gifts, and the main one was being able to hear His voice. It isn't audible, but He interrupts my thoughts with an instruction. They sound like my thoughts (silent), but are not anything I knew before to think even on. Many times when He tells me something profound. All I can say is "Wow."

Yes, but what some don't get is that freedom from sin happens in this life. Some think it won't happen until after the resurrection. But then is too late. Revelation 22:11
I don't know. I don't doubt your experience one bit, but I've met so many model Christians who struggled for years to become fully consecrated. I couldn't agree with you more that we MUST be born again, though. And that's no afterthought. Same with freedom from sin in this life. But then you knew that. ;)

Sometimes there's no doubt in my mind that I'm consecrated, but even now, although I know God is dead serious about saving us, I'm not so sure about my own sincerity. And then, again, I think, "But righteousness is not by sincerity, but BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH.

The endgame of sanctification is so simple. If sin is evil, then how much is acceptable? And the answer is clear enough for any kindergartener to arrive at: NONE

With God there is mercy, but no excusal.

Is it just me or is that a no-brainer? The fact that I might miss the mark doesn't change the position of the mark, right? :)

I don't believe I have your testimony, btw. At least not in my inbox. I should give you mine, too.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you are going to judge me for using it when while you admit that you have used it yourself, just know that you will be judged by the Lord in kind...

This is Nuts, of course, but just for the sake of clarification......any Judgement due me was put on the Cross over 2000 years ago....

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mare you kidding?

mary
Gen 3:15 immaculate conception
Lk 1:28 full of grace, blessed, the Lord is with Her
Heb 4:16 throne of Grace Mary is the mother of divine grace
Rev 12:1 queen of heaven

she was blessed? Why

saved in advance! Preserved from sin by the merits of her divine son, still her savior, and if you could create your mother, how would you do it? With immaculate purity like Jesus did!

never said anything about worship or worshiping Mary so you can apologize now!

This would be hilarious if not so sad!

Not one single verse you have listed says what you say!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I must have missed that post.

If you truly missed it.....which I doubt ...I have a better idea....YOU look it up....
I could go to all that trouble and it would probably just go right over your head....Again....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you are going to judge me for using it when while you admit that you have used it yourself, just know that you will be judged by the Lord in kind...

This is Nuts, of course, but just for the sake of clarification......any Judgement due me was put on the Cross over 2000 years ago....

born again that’s jn 3:5 baptism right?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let me speak to your Spouse.....lol.....we’ll see just how “ perfect “ you are
Speaking of lines that are getting old...

The Bible says that we must be perfect. That is indisputable. What you take that to mean is your prerogative. But something must be done with it. Christ didn't even do sins of omission. It's clear to me that he was/is of a different "sphere" than sinners are (Bring it on, everybody--lol). He fasted forty days, which He requires of no one. He spent entire nights praying to brace Himself for the day ahead and came away refreshed. This involves Christology, which is highly controversial. Suffice it to say that we may be as perfect in our own sphere as He was/is in His sphere. Fire away!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This would be hilarious if not so sad!

Not one single verse you have listed says what you say!

Really?

gen 3:15 enmity total war none of satans works or found in Mary
Lk 1:28 full of grace immaculate purity
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun again immaculate purity

Lk 1:28 Mary’s is declared blessed by God before she consented to our salvation and mother of our salvation
Lk 1:30 Mary found the favor of our salvation lost by Adam

Lk 1:43 mother of God

Lk 1:49 (things plural) immaculate conception of Mary and miraculous conception of Jesus by the HS

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As long as you 86 the Bible, yeah.

Christ didn't undergo legal (white throne) judgment at the cross, only executive judgment (punishment).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith, this is the last post that I'm making to you and I'm way too lazy to try and find your post because I'm tired of this thread,.. but why did it sound like every time I was saying that salvation is based upon grace I would be gambling my salvation or I would be wise to listen to your teachings or something? You made it sound like you believed in work based salvation.

Since you are not going to post to me again, I do not feel the need to respond to you here.

You have three fingers pointing back at you.

* yawn*..... that line is getting old....put on your thinking cap and come up with something new....or at least copy something of mine , as is your sad custom.....

It may be an old line but it is a true one nevertheless...never loses its potency.

...Paul admitted that “ he” couldn’t achieve Perfection, yet you think that “ you” can...

The writer of Hebrews taught us that "By one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Hebrews 10:14)...and also, in the place where Paul "admitted that he couldn't obtain perfection", he said, "let as many as be perfect have this attitude"...so he was saying that those who are perfect will always be pressing forward in their walk with Christ; as when someone reaches the top of a greased pole and would slide down the pole if they ceased to climb it; yet they have reached the top.

Every time I try to tell you that salvation isn't based on works but on grace.
I wholeheartedly agree with that concept.

No you don’t.....with you , it’s “Grace, Plus Lucky Repentance”...

You are forgetting that one of the definitions for grace is "the enabling power of the Lord"...

And I also rely on the grace of God when I fail, as unmerited favour.

.. you turn a good thing in a Believer’s Life ( repentance) into a WORK ........WORKS CANCEL GRACE ...

Really? You have some things to learn about this subject...

1Co 15:10, But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Because labour and work are basically synonymous.

This is Nuts, of course, but just for the sake of clarification......any Judgement due me was put on the Cross over 2000 years ago...

Amo 3:2, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

Heb 12:6, For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

2Co 5:10, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Heb 10:30, For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Sorry, I must have missed that post.

If you truly missed it.....which I doubt ...I have a better idea....YOU look it up....
I could go to all that trouble and it would probably just go right over your head....Again....

I think that instead of going to that trouble...I will continue to say my spiel about your doctrine; that you are in denial of the fact that Jesus' blood sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7). But if you want to show the post where you actually agreed with this, then I will most certainly look at what you have said.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Tim 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

faith alone not

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I will only say to this that as a faithful minister,

If I champion the doctrine that we can confess our sins, and that if we do so He will be faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us .

Here is what you have shown us.
You have a Legalist's Water Cult understanding of "good works" and, "self saving, by sin confessing" Theology.
That is your "ministry" on this Forum.
You do not preach the Cross.
You do not Give God FULL CREDIT for keep you saved.
You take upon yourself the credit for your works that you list and your water that you trust, as your reason you should be on this forum.
All this you teach is FALSE, and you are discovered.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what you have shown us.
You have a Legalist's Water Cult understanding of "good works" and, "self saving, by sin confessing" Theology.
That is your "ministry" on this Forum.
You do not preach the Cross.
You do not Give God FULL CREDIT for keep you saved.
You take upon yourself the credit for your works that you list and your water that you trust, as your reason you should be on this forum.
All this you teach is FALSE, and you are discovered.

then you please explain the scriptures to us, I for one can’t wait, attack attack attack and never and explanation???

Jn 20:21-23

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

HOW did the father send Jesus?
What power?
What authority?
What mission?
What ministry?

Peter and the apostles and their successors have the SAME power mission and authority!!!! When’s it gonna sink in?

who’s sins plural you (the apostles) remit or forgive, are forgiven them!!!!!