Dealing with a spirit of fear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed dear sister . Yes indeed . Now let all that draws breath praise and thank the glorious LORD .
THE JOY of the LORD is our strength and the salvation of GOD FOUND IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE is our joy and our hope .
Let all the peoples of the LORD , praise the glorious LORD .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I don't want you to discuss this openly...many have good intentions but can actually hurt more than help with their advice...so if you want to discuss it further let's do it privately and invite anyone else you want involved.
If you do I will let you start the conversation.
Thank you. I will have to wait a little bit but yes, I will. :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You shall find HIM when you shall seek HIM with ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the heart .
Let the LORD be praised .
Let the LORD be thanked .
May all be in the scriptures growing daily and wise unto salvation through faith in JESUS CHRIST .
ALL BIBLE DOCTRINE is inspired by GOD and it is truly profitable for DOCTRINE , for reproof and CORRECTION
AND , AND INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS that the man of GOD may be thoroughly furnished unto ALL good works .
Let the lambs grow in wisdom of the scriptures and truth of the glorious LORD , that no longer will one be
tossed to and fro by the deceptoins of many , many who lie in wait to decieve the churches .
Be firmly planted in CHRIST and let all who name the glorious Name of JESUS depart from iniquity
and praise the LORD with thunderous praise with thanksgivings . HOPE IN GOD , cause there IS NO HOPE in man or this world .
BUT THERE IS HOPE IN THE LORD . March ever onwards in the LORD my friends . Faithful even unto death .
FOR THE PRIZE that comes at the end of our faith , IS GLORIOUS INDEED . FOREVER WITH JESUS WHO HAS SAVED US .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask the Lord to give you His heart in this matter. Everyone deserves the right to worship and sing, no matter what they sound like. Just saying.....
this is why i did love the south. they didnt care if someone was trained or not. and honestly, i never really think most voices are exactly that awful

Btw guys, I hope I didn't offend anyone by my comments. Understand, I also came from involvement in some Hispanic churches where they really bucked against any standards at all. I rebelled against that pretty heavily. One team condemned me for wanting to hold everyone to standards of excellence, and I had to stand my ground on that one. Not with reference to the congregation but to the worship team itself. I believe He wants our best in all things; the best of our service, the best of our worship, and I viewed the argument that we shouldn't worry about getting things right as a type of laziness on their part. I have a guitar-player friend currently serving on a worship team who feels the exact same way, and he consistently holds his people to certain standards, at least to the level of their ability.

I'm just giving you my perspective as someone serving as a Minister of Music. The responsibility is different. If not, you can end up with some really BAD worship that is tough to get into, and tough to worship God by.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw guys, I hope I didn't offend anyone by my comments. Understand, I also came from involvement in some Hispanic churches where they really bucked against any standards at all. I rebelled against that pretty heavily. One team condemned me for wanting to hold everyone to standards of excellence, and I had to stand my ground on that one. Not with reference to the congregation but to the worship team itself. I believe He wants our best in all things; the best of our service, the best of our worship, and I viewed the argument that we shouldn't worry about getting things right as a type of laziness on their part. I have a guitar-player friend currently serving on a worship team who feels the exact same way, and he consistently holds his people to certain standards, at least to the level of their ability.

I'm just giving you my perspective as someone serving as a Minister of Music. The responsibility is different. If not, you can end up with some really BAD worship that is tough to get into, and tough to worship God by.
im not offended. that is why i explained to you how i found it hurtful for some comments to me that because i was trained and other people who are trained cant possibly have a sincere desire to worship God with that.
God knows our hearts though.
this thread is based on fear and i dont personally want to feed the fear even more :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this thread is based on fear and i dont personally want to feed the fear even more :)

Agreed. :) And absolutely. It's like the woman I mentioned training. Even I had fears about her going in, but you give people the benefit of the doubt and do everything you can for them when they really have a heart to worship, and I told my wife that was the case with her. When it's someone who really wants to worship, it really pays off and brings you joy when the Lord starts training them and developing them.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to get some rest for a little bit. I have been working on things nonstop for hours and I'm running out of energy, but I will check back and read later.

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it, brother!! This is heart stuff!! :)

Read in a vision one time that the angels of God join in worship with the redeemed when it is true worship. I have been in services where I heard harmonies that were not coming from the congregation. I was too caught up to find out where it was coming from, but I know it wasn't from them.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I side with the church. Since when is "our best" supposed to measure up to a man's standard? You have it all wrong. It's horrible to deny and condemn people who are genuine in their heart of worship toward the Lord. I think pride is at the root of this.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I side with the church. Since when is "our best" supposed to measure up to a man's standard? You have it all wrong. It's horrible to deny and condemn people who are genuine in their heart of worship toward the Lord. I think pride is at the root of this.

That's always the argument I get.

Let me put it this way: If I deliberately play like I don't care, get sloppy, make mistakes, don't pay attention, miss the chorus changes, play wrong notes, is that true worship?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read in a vision one time that the angels of God join in worship with the redeemed when it is true worship. I have been in services where I heard harmonies that were not coming from the congregation. I was too caught up to find out where it was coming from, but I know it wasn't from them.
You just reminded me of something that happened to me and my christian friend .
It was in two thousand and nine .
We were walking around a temple of a certain church .
All of a sudden i heard this singing . The only way i can describe it
was to say it seemed to be one sound , one voice , all in unison and perfect accord and unto GOD HIMSELF .
It was so shockingly beautiful to hear it .
My friend had heard it too .
We just looked at each other and then decided to go into the church .
I walked up the steps , but the door was locked . It was locked on sunday
for a reason . THIS was an actual jewish temple .
The thing is , had i not been in such awe at the sound of the voice , or i should say voices , but it was as though it was one voice .
Had i not been so marveled i would have realized there is no way that could have come from within the church .
IT was so clear and was as though it was coming to me. But i was not thinking .
We phoned up the temple and got the leader on with us . I told him about ISSIAH FIFTY THREE
and the dire need for the true MESSIAH JESUS CHRIST .
I suppose there was a reason for me being allowed to hear such a song , and i suppose it was to witness to the jewish man .
But if you had heard the song . AND the thing is it was a language , and yet it was not any langauge i have ever heard .
Its so hard to try and describe this . I cant really do it my friend . It was like the host of heaven
was all singing to GOD in total one accord . That is the only way i can say it .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can carry a tune, but I don't have a beautiful voice, imo. But the Holy Spirit has come over me and in worship, have sang in tongues. It was powerfully intimate ....when it's not about who's around you, but just communing with Him.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's always the argument I get.

Let me put it this way: If I deliberately play like I don't care, get sloppy, make mistakes, don't pay attention, miss the chorus changes, play wrong notes, is that true worship?
If you're focused on him rather than being conscious of yourself and others .....yes.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just reminded me of something that happened to me and my christian friend .
It was in two thousand and nine .
We were walking around a temple of a certain church .
All of a sudden i heard this singing . The only way i can describe it
was to say it seemed to be one sound , one voice , all in unison and perfect accord and unto GOD HIMSELF .
It was so shockingly beautiful to hear it .
My friend had heard it too .
We just looked at each other and then decided to go into the church .
I walked up the steps , but the door was locked . It was locked on sunday
for a reason . THIS was an actual jewish temple .
The thing is , had i not been in such awe at the sound of the voice , or i should say voices , but it was as though it was one voice .
Had i not been so marveled i would have realized there is no way that could have come from within the church .
IT was so clear and was as though it was coming to me. But i was not thinking .
We phoned up the temple and got the leader on with us . I told him about ISSIAH FIFTY THREE
and the dire need for the true MESSIAH JESUS CHRIST .
I suppose there was a reason for me being allowed to hear such a song , and i suppose it was to witness to the jewish man .
But if you had heard the song . AND the thing is it was a language , and yet it was not any langauge i have ever heard .
Its so hard to try and describe this . I cant really do it my friend . It was like the host of heaven
was all singing to GOD in total one accord . That is the only way i can say it .

Praise God! That's a pretty cool testimony! :)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God! That's a pretty cool testimony! :)
I would love to hear it again . but never have since then .
I truly suppose there was a reason and perhaps it was to simply witness to the jewish leader of said synogague .
Had i been able to really think i would have realized , OF course the doors are locked its sunday , not saturday .
I actually walked up the steps expecting people to be in there . And even then had i been clear headed
i would have realized no way that song could have come from INSIDE the Church because of how it had sounded
so clear and right to me . But as i said i was totally amazed at the sound .

Reactions: Marvelloustime