Dealing with a spirit of fear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis Good when the lyrics commend the quality of the music and vice versa, right?
Yeah man there is so much satanic lyrics in music. I think he inspires musicians with satanic influence. In fact I watched a pastor who used to be a metal musician speak to the fact that all of his songs were from demons. He said that the music would just come into his head as well as the lyrics. God said that he is going to throw Satan’s instruments into hell with him somewhere in that book.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mantis

"5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3.5-6)

Reactions: Mantis

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have to agree with @TLHKAJ on this @Hidden In Him .

"...man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

God isn't looking for a siren or an American Idol. He is looking for those who seek Him and a heart that calls upon Him with praise.

The humble and the broken hearted who come to pray and worship before the throne of the Almighty will not be turned away.

I understand, Fluffy. If you read may later posts I acknowledge it, and I take nothing away from this. I just see another side to it as well: That in order for corporate worship to be good, there need to be leaders.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She does! So my music tastes have been corrupted by the devil. I have always loved aggressive fast metal. That stuff is hard to find without being filled with Satanic garbage. Luckily there is Christian music of every taste now a days. Anyway it is hard for me to enjoy most of the Christian music I hear in church. Therefore even harder to sing it!

Here's the good news, Mantis: You get older, LoL.

At 57 I'm still into harder music, but I also enjoy good worship, and I figure the older I get the more I will eventually mellow out.

At least that's the theory anyway : )

God bless,
- H

Reactions: Mantis

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read in a vision one time that the angels of God join in worship with the redeemed when it is true worship. I have been in services where I heard harmonies that were not coming from the congregation. I was too caught up to find out where it was coming from, but I know it wasn't from them.

You got it, brother!! This is heart stuff!! :)

Last night after posting on this thread I got home, I started my computer, openned up my music player, selected a song, clicked play,

And inexplicably, instead of playing the song I had selected, my computer played this . . .

So Much Love!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know to trust God, and I am trying, but I am dealing with a spirit of fear. Can someone help me figure out how to overcome it?

I'm already getting focused on the normal parts - diet, exercise, caffeine, etc.
Fear of what?
I always say fear is the opposite of faith. But some fear is normal and rational. Fear of stepping to close to the edge of a cliff, fear of fire, falling, driving too fast, dangerous animals, fear of death or fighting in a war in a fox hole with bullets flying over your head. These are all normal responses to danger. Your mind is alerted to react quickly to protect you, like a reflex. Adrenaline shoots through you body to help you deal with the situation. But when no immediate danger exists, than it could be irrational fear.
Some have weak faith and some strong. Prayer every morning for God to keep you safe, out of danger, accidents, for His will to be done, so that you can walk in His peace. Then believe it. He will take care of you. If God is for you, who can be against you. You will either live or God will take you home. So believe that He will take care of you. God causes ALL THINGS to work together for those who love the Lord, for those who are called by His purpose. All things means bad things and tragedies too. We are to welcome all experiences because it is for our own good.
Do you have phobias? One of my favorite movies is "What About Bob". He was a mess and learned to take baby steps. Funny movie.

Last edited:

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes HE does dear sister . Let all that has breath just sing praises unto the LORD and if one is even mute , THEN WHISTLE TO THE KING .
Just make a joyful sound unto the glorious LORD . And When our JOY IS IN THE LORD it matters not how we sound physcially .
all that matters is that from the heart we sing , and thank , and or even dance unto the glorious LORD .
So let all that has breath PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
And also typing or writing “Praise the glorious Lord” is just the same as worshipping the Lord as in verbally saying / singing it.

Oh let the glorious Lord be praised.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah man there is so much satanic lyrics in music. I think he inspires musicians with satanic influence. In fact I watched a pastor who used to be a metal musician speak to the fact that all of his songs were from demons. He said that the music would just come into his head as well as the lyrics. God said that he is going to throw Satan’s instruments into hell with him somewhere in that book.
I used to be the same way.

A lot of metal. A lot of old school rock. I found a sermon that exposes a lot of the demonic parts.

I can't remember it off of the top of my head, but if I can remember it later I'll look for it and pass it on to you.

I can't be around it now.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Mantis

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis

Had to pray for help because the title was so hard to remember with that title. I haven't watched it in a long time.

This is it if you have the time, and sometimes it seems like it is all far fetched and is a little "out there" but it is not bad.

The talk on rhythm part starts about 44:20 and lots of quotes in there from celebrities explaining it themselves.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis

Had to pray for help because the title was so hard to remember with that title. I haven't watched it in a long time.

This is it if you have the time, and sometimes it seems like it is all far fetched and is a little "out there" but it is not bad.

The talk on rhythm part starts about 44:20 and lots of quotes in there from celebrities explaining it themselves.

John Todd (illuminati defector) talked a lot about this after he came to the Lord. He spoke in churches for years about the elite cult's plan to infiltrate Christian churches and Christian music. Cisco Wheeler (whose father was an illuminati MK programmer) has spoken on this as well.

Edit: Speaking of bloodlines, Todd is from the Collins illuminati bloodline.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Todd (illuminati defector) talked a lot about this after he came to the Lord. He spoke in churches for years about the elite cult's plan to infiltrate Christian churches and Christian music. Cisco Wheeler (whose father was an illuminati MK programmer) has spoken on this as well.
I have no doubt in my mind about Satanic influences in music and I seriously believe the wrong stuff causes suicidal thoughts, anger, etc.

Especially if you are singing the same evil things over and over again. That will sit in your head.

Just look at that Astroworld thing.

I can see the influence in a lot of Christian music. If in worship, I try to stick with what glorifies God first.

It isn't bad to have relatable Christian music, we all need something to connect with and some form of expression, but if I'm praising I want to praise Him.

Reactions: lilygrace

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis

Thanks I’ll watch that today

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have no doubt in my mind about Satanic influences in music and I seriously believe the wrong stuff causes suicidal thoughts, anger, etc.

Especially if you are singing the same evil things over and over again. That will sit in your head.

Just look at that Astroworld thing.

I can see the influence in a lot of Christian music. If in worship, I try to stick with what glorifies God first.

It isn't bad to have relatable Christian music, we all need something to connect with and some form of expression, but if I'm praising I want to praise Him.
@FluffyYellowDuck

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know to trust God, and I am trying, but I am dealing with a spirit of fear. Can someone help me figure out how to overcome it?

I'm already getting focused on the normal parts - diet, exercise, caffeine, etc.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. "Not by power or by might, but by My Spirit" You may wonder why I bring these words. When I was young in school, I always to an F on oral book reports. When I was at a dance, I was always the wall flower looking cool. You see the fear had me bound up, back when I walked in darkness. My journey started on May 11th 1996. With me The Lord had a lot to do for His own Glory. And this He is faithful to do. One of the things He said along the way was, "nobody knows abuse more than you My son". So today I tell you what He has done. His love has torn down every wall that was there to protect me, so I thought. He has taken every pain, scar and hurt and replaced, all of it, with Himself. And in Him there is no fear. There is joy unspeakable and a peace that surpasses understanding. Today, if He sent me to speak, even though I am not worthy, in front of a million people I could, I have also danced in Joy of The Lord as there is nothing holding me back, as the chains that bound me are eternally broken. This is His doing as He is faithful to complete the work He starts in us. What I am saying here is, that on this journey, He increases as we decrease, just like John spoke. "He must increase and I must decrease" And this comes to pass as His Love for us, manifest in our lives, which in turn makes us truly willing to deny ourselves and the things of this world and the lust there of. He becomes our all in all.
Test your fear(and for other people: anxiety, depression)when it is at it's worse by speaking out loud, "The Lord rebukes you, The Lord Jesus rebukes you." If the mountain becomes the molehill, than you know it was not of yourself. I have seen the enemy doing this to my brothers and sisters, and this ought not to be so.