Dear Addy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every day should be a celebration of His birthday!
This Christmas... I have decided I shall make an effort to do something special instead of my usual BAH HUMBUG attitude.
So.... I am going to have to decide what that entails.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You might think that I'm a crank,
But Jesus Christ fills my gas tank!
You may think that I'm a loon,
But His Spirit fills my lagoon!

The tide comes in, the tide goes out.
He lives in me, I do not doubt.
His presence may seem to come and go,
But there is one thing that I know...

Jesus Christ died for me,
He was nailed to a tree.
He hung on spikes, in agony,
So that we could be set free! - Truman Coates

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh my goodness... Truman.... you are a poet...

How cool... loon and lagoon... lol ... brilliant.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This Christmas... I have decided I shall make an effort to do something special instead of my usual BAH HUMBUG attitude.
So.... I am going to have to decide what that entails.
So what do you do with your turkey entrails? Lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I said entails... not the end of the trails...
The end of the trail...did I tell you that I am on the road...to my home...in the New Jerusalem!
Peace...................................................................................................................................................................................

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck with it... Im not much of a green thumb... I hate mowing the lawn... lol
I always enjoyed mowing the lawn even when I was a boy and our lawn mower had no power to push it but me. From lawns after my marriage I went to my first vegetable garden consisting of a couple of tomato plants in the back yard. My garden time grew into an important thing me... especially when I went to work in an office sitting at a desk all day. The garden was where I refreshed myself and a place where I could also seriously talk with God.

In our present apartment where we moved 9 years ago the managers allowed a garden and there was room so I took full advantage for the first couple of years, but then this diminishing old body began to feel more pain than satisfaction. Pulling the weeds got to be too hard on me. First I reduced the size of the garden but then finally I had stop even planting at all. I miss it, but like my tennis playing, it remains now among my good memories.

Give God the glory!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awhile ago, as I sat down, exasperated, I asked the Lord, "How am I to approach this whole authoritarian takeover thing?" I had my bible in my hand. I flipped it open to this:
This is what the LORD of Hosts, the God of Israel, says to all the exiles who were carried away from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5“Build houses and settle down. Plant gardens and eat their produce. 6Take wives and have sons and daughters. Take wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Multiply there; do not decrease.…Jeremiah 29:4-6.
Nowhere does He tell me to go into denial over what is happening. And nowhere does He tell me that I have to let them shoot poison into me. I'll take the shot...if they hold me down! They can cut my head off if they want to. Don't expect me to hold still!

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.' Phil 4:11-12

Reactions: farouk and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not funny at all! When he said, "Submit, woman!," she should've peeled him some grapes! Lol
God stretches my comfort zone...He told me, "What I'm doing in you, I'm going to do through you!"
Christians are made in God's image. He has a great sense of humor...useful when talking about important, yet uncomfortable subjects.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
samgross.jpg

My baddy, Addy! Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite and Taken

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Addy falls off her chair.... rolls on the floor and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA's... and still HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Oh my goodness... you did NOT post this.... that poor frog.... Oh my goodness... @Truman
If I didn't see the author as S Gross... I would have surely guessed this was a Gary Larson specialty...

I have COFFEE.... ran out a week ago and kept forgetting...

My first cup.... YES.... So much to be grateful for...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Addy falls off her chair.... rolls on the floor and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA's... and still HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Oh my goodness... you did NOT post this.... that poor frog.... Oh my goodness... @Truman
If I didn't see the author as S Gross... I would have surely guessed this was a Gary Larson specialty...

I have COFFEE.... ran out a week ago and kept forgetting...

My first cup.... YES.... So much to be grateful for...
Coffee...you got coffee...can I have some...just a taste and I promise I won't ask for more...and next time I'll mean it...ple-e-e-se!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Awwww...why do you ask? If I did, I'd need it all for myself...so I don't run out! Lol
I bought a big honking tin of it... real cheap.... It was less than one little pouch... Maxwell House.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Random thought and realization all at the same time... I think I may just be the person who goes OFF topic the most on this entire forum...
I really don't mean to... but that is me... I pop in and out of threads saying hi.... how are you... or adding some humour here and there... or the odd sarcastic comment... Anyways... this thread seems to be my SAFE PLACE... hahaha... Can't go off topic when there is NO topic...