'Death is swallowed up in victory' -When?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!! Romans 8:8-9 explains the commitment of our profession of faith, in our conversion in Christ, of whether He Himself dwells within us, or we are just giving lip-service as a "religionist".

One can know whether they are one of His, or they continue to remain to be "none of His".
John 3:3-8
Discernment or "eyes to see".

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney,
I will ask again, how does Romans 8:8-9 describe the unrighteous, through the words "...he is none of his".
Iows, what is it that they are lacking, that causes them to be "none of His", aka they who are the unrighteous?

Romans Chapter 8 speaks of those who walk “according to the flesh” in contrast with those who walk “according to the spirit.” Some might imagine that this is a contrast between those who are not in the truth and those who are, or between those who are not Christians and those who are. However, Paul was writing to “those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones.” (Rom. 1:7) Thus, Paul was contrasting Christians who walked according to the flesh with Christians who walked according to the spirit. So at the time that Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome he wasn't saying any of them were unrighteous at that time of him writing the letter to the Roman Christians. Paul was simply warning the Christians in the Roman congregation that those fellow Christians who were living by the flesh that if they continued to do so not only would they die spiritually but eventually they would lose eternal life.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner wrote:
Therefore, if you don't fully know of the things of the Lord, then I suggest that you apply yourself in prayer, and investigate HOW it is that HE reveals His Truth to us.

bbyrd replied:
ah ok and how is that? ty

Earburner's reply:
By discerning John 16:13 and
Romans 8:8-9.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans Chapter 8 speaks of those who walk “according to the flesh” in contrast with those who walk “according to the spirit.” Some might imagine that this is a contrast between those who are not in the truth and those who are, or between those who are not Christians and those who are. However, Paul was writing to “those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones.” (Rom. 1:7) Thus, Paul was contrasting Christians who walked according to the flesh with Christians who walked according to the spirit. So at the time that Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome he wasn't saying any of them were unrighteous at that time of him writing the letter to the Roman Christians. Paul was simply warning the Christians in the Roman congregation that those fellow Christians who were living by the flesh that if they continued to do so not only would they die spiritually but eventually they would lose eternal life.
So then, how does one "walk according to the Spirit", if one does not have the Holy Spirit within them?

Consider this:
John 14[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth WITH you, and *shall be in you.
See also: Luke 17:21 Romans 8:8-9.

Note:
Who was it that was known of by the disciples, and was dwelling with the disciples?
Select the correct answer:
A. Satan
B. Jesus
C. The angels of God

Have you "received" Him (the Person of His Being), Who Himself is "The Truth" ??
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know.

Who is the Spirit of truth, that shall dwell within us?
A. Gods angels
B. Satan
C. Both God the Father and Jesus
D. Only God the Father.

Clue: see John 14:23. Please notice the words "we" and "our".
Given the fact that BOTH Jesus and God the Father DESIRE to abide within us, do you not see/perceive that both together, THEY ARE the Holy Spirit!
Back to Romans 8:8-9

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not understanding me, in what the Lord does say, in so many parables about how the saved, aka the righteous, and the unsaved, aka the unrighteous, all live and worship together in all the churches, including yours. Never mind the fact, that its even more worse, when the leaders-Bishops, Elders, Pastors etc., ARE UNrighteous, because they ARE "none of His".
According to the context of Romans 8:8-9, many people who attend and/or are members of a church, are unrighteous (being none of His), and therefore are also unrighteous IN A CHURCH. Leaders included.
Now, can you discern in Romans 8:8-9 what/who it is that makes a person righteous, and how that is manifested in us?

You're not understanding me. Those churches that teach the Trinity doctrine, Hellfire doctrine, and the immortal Soul doctrine isn't in anyway the True Church of God, but instead belong to the Apostate Church.
What you don't understand is the stream of time we're in, which is the harvest, where there is a separation that has begun in which the wheat is being separated from the weeds. The weeds are staying in that Apostate church which is continuing to teach the Trinity doctrine, The hellfire doctrine and the immortal Soul doctrine which are false doctrines and practicing all kinds of sins with the Apostate church is allowing it.They teach so many other false things. Also just because the majority of people who call themselves christians don't believe we're in the stream of time that were in and just because the majority who call themselves christians don't believe their church they belong to isn't part of the Apostate church doesn't mean it isn't so. All you have to do is look at Christendom and it's history and how it still refuses to change.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not understanding me. Those churches that teach the Trinity doctrine, Hellfire doctrine, and the immortal Soul doctrine isn't in anyway the True Church of God, but instead belong to the Apostate Church.
What you don't understand is the stream of time we're in, which is the harvest, where there is a separation that has begun in which the wheat is being separated from the weeds. The weeds are staying in that Apostate church which is continuing to teach the Trinity doctrine, The hellfire doctrine and the immortal Soul doctrine which are false doctrines and practicing all kinds of sins with the Apostate church is allowing it.They teach so many other false things. Also just because the majority of people who call themselves christians don't believe we're in the stream of time that were in and just because the majority who call themselves christians don't believe their church they belong to isn't part of the Apostate church doesn't mean it isn't so. All you have to do is look at Christendom and it's history and how it still refuses to change.
Barney, I DO understand you, more than you think. As for you understanding me, you try to associate me with a specific church doctrine, by grouping me with "them", that you speak against!
If you only knew how much you and they all have in common, you would gladly listen to what I am saying. I am beyond the walls of "church-ianity", though I attend church regularly. I am in service to the "brethren", no matter what denomination, that professes only Jesus is the Savior.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, how does one "walk according to the Spirit", if one does not have the Holy Spirit within them?

Consider this:
John 14[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth WITH you, and *shall be in you.
See also: Luke 17:21 Romans 8:8-9.

Note:
Who was it that was known of by the disciples, and was dwelling with the disciples?
Select the correct answer:
A. Satan
B. Jesus
C. The angels of God

Have you "received" Him (the Person of His Being), Who Himself is "The Truth" ??
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know.

Who is the Spirit of truth, that shall dwell within us?
A. Gods angels
B. Satan
C. Both God the Father and Jesus
D. Only God the Father.

Clue: see John 14:23. Please notice the words "we" and "our".
Given the fact that BOTH Jesus and God the Father DESIRE to abide within us, do you not see/perceive that both together, THEY ARE the Holy Spirit!
Back to Romans 8:8-9

I honestly don't care about your multiple choice answers to a question. I'll tell people what I believe concerning the scriptures and if they agree so be it and if they disagree so be it

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, I DO understand you, more than you think. As for you understanding me, you try to associate me with a specific church doctrine, by grouping me with "them", that you speak against!
If you only knew how much you and they all have in common, you would gladly listen to what I am saying. I am beyond the walls of "church-ianity", though I attend church regularly. I am in service to the "brethren", no matter what denomination, that professes only Jesus is the Savior.

Ok then, answer this question, who is God? Also does Jesus, even after his resurrection, have a Father and God? Does man have a Soul or is man a Soul?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney,
Since i don't want to drag this out forever, here is the clue in what I am asking you:
The H_ly Sp_ _it of _ _d is the answer!

So then, is the Holy Spirit within you?
If not, then YOU HAVE serious problems with your relationship with God THROUGH Christ!!

You know how easy it is to say things like this above. People ask this every time someone disagrees with them. The scriptures don't seem to be important to people who say they have Holy Spirit. So when someone disagrees with them on what the scriptures say and tell them they do have Holy Spirit guiding them and teaching them, they don't believe it anyway. So the fact such people ask that question is pointless since they're not going to believe the answer.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly don't care about your multiple choice answers to a question. I'll tell people what I believe concerning the scriptures and if they agree so be it and if they disagree so be it
Your spirit of stubborness, is only revealing your lack of spiritual understanding concerning Christ. My multiple choice answers are for you to review privately, in your own mind, and nowhere else.

Actually, I was hoping to prompt the Holy Spirit in you (if He is) to joyfully select the correct answers, of which He would have GLADLY done.
But since you intend to "close the door", your learning ability through "the Mind of Christ" is come up short, with disdain.

As to whether you are one of His, or none of His, you will always be in question, having no assurance, whether you are "sealed unto the Day of Redemption", or not!!
Ephesians 4:30

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Ok then, answer this question, who is God?
2. Also does Jesus, even after his resurrection, have a Father and God?
3. Does man have a Soul or is man a Soul?
So you want me to answer your questions, but you don't care to answer mine? Really??
Okay, no problem!
1. God is a Spirit. And they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:24. BTW, is His Holy SPIRIT within YOU?
If not, then you CANNOT worship Him in spirit or in truth! Remember, only Jesus is The Truth! IS Jesus IN YOU???
Are you one of His?

2. Yes!!

3. Neither! Man became a living soul, through the breath of life, that God breathed into him, which is Oxygen.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know how easy it is to say things like this above. People ask this every time someone disagrees with them. The scriptures don't seem to be important to people who say they have Holy Spirit. So when someone disagrees with them on what the scriptures say and tell them they do have Holy Spirit guiding them and teaching them, they don't believe it anyway. So the fact such people ask that question is pointless since they're not going to believe the answer.
Some are confused over whether the Holy Spirit is:
1. a force,
2. a Person,
3. two Persons, or
4. only just words.
According to John 14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Since the scripture is plainly in the plural, using the pronouns of we and our, it is apparent that the answer is #3, whereby Jesus is talking about His Father and Himself, as being the Person of the Holy Spirit.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you want me to answer your questions, but you don't care to answer mine? Really??

I really don't care if you choose not to answer any of my posts. I'm not really trying to do anything but witness. You don't have to agree with what I say or you can, Whatever, it's your choice. You certainly don't have to answer the post. The point I was trying to make about those who ask if someone has the Holy Spirit is they usually ask when someone disagrees with them about what a certain Scripture says or what some scriptures say. It's just to easy to say on a site like this that you have the Holy Spirit. How do you really know when such a person says they have Holy Spirit that they truly do on a site like this. Like I said it's too easy.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your spirit of stubborness, is only revealing your lack of spiritual understanding concerning Christ. My multiple choice answers are for you to review privately, in your own mind, and nowhere else.

Actually, I was hoping to prompt the Holy Spirit in you (if He is) to joyfully select the correct answers, of which He would have GLADLY done.
But since you intend to "close the door", your learning ability through "the Mind of Christ" is come up short, with disdain.

As to whether you are one of His, or none of His, you will always be in question, having no assurance, whether you are "sealed unto the Day of Redemption", or not!!
Ephesians 4:30

What you want to think of me, think what you want. Just understand that I see you as Only an imperfect person like me and every other person on the planet. So since I really don't know you, I'm not going to put much importance of what you think of me. Like I said, think of me what you want.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you want to think of me, think what you want. Just understand that I see you as Only an imperfect person like me and every other person on the planet. So since I really don't know you, I'm not going to put much importance of what you think of me. Like I said, think of me what you want.
Lol!! Its not me who said "I don't care about your multiple choice answers".
But then you turn right around, and expect me to answer YOUR questions.
So then, I display a kind of "balk", to show you that you are not being fair, but then I "go the extra mile", by saying "Okay, no problem (I'll answer your questions), of which I DID!!
So, what do you do? You then come back at me again, with more moaning and complaining, STILL in the spirit of stubborness.
It would've been easier to answer my three simple questions with multiple choice answers, in the first place, but you didn't!
Why?
Simple! You had no clue of which were the correct answers. So the best solution that you came up with was to dodge and weave. In that you did fine.
So now, reciprocate!
Thanks, EB

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol!! Its not me who said "I don't care about your multiple choice answers".
But then you turn right around, and expect me to answer YOUR questions.
So then, I display a kind of "balk", to show you that you are not being fair, but then I "go the extra mile", by saying "Okay, no problem (I'll answer your questions), of which I DID!!
So, what do you do? You then come back at me again, with more moaning and complaining, STILL in the spirit of stubborness.
It would've been easier to answer my three simple questions with multiple choice answers, in the first place, but you didn't!
Why?
Simple! You had no clue of which were the correct answers. So the best solution that you came up with was to dodge and weave. In that you did fine.
So now, reciprocate!
Thanks, EB

I still don't care about your multiple choice answers. I really don't like someone asking questions like that. You think you're superior when you ask questions like that, and yes I did, know the answer, but the fact you assume that shows that you do think yourself superior. You really think people going to like that about you. Just post something, without the multiple choice answers, if I agree with what you post, I will, if I don't agree with it, I won't.
Also I don't ask questions with multiple choice answers like that, like I said it feels like all superior attitude crap. I don't want to be like that.